Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Horizon walker, glad I took a break... (Read 4112 times)
Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Horizon walker, glad I took a break...
Jun 22nd, 2021 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Cocomojoke wrote: Quote:
Using Improved Precise Shot and hitting other enemies before/after your Marked Target on the Bow attacks will do the attack's weapon damage to other enemies, and only do the Marked Target effects to your Marked Target (assuming they're hit by the attack).

That right there sums up the 'new' bow tree, it is their whole goal in one tidy sentence. !hat a load of horseshit, just an extension of the effect nerf. Stupid fuckwits.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/525004-U50-Preview-1-New-Universal-Enh...

Here's your first look at Horizon Walker, a Universal enhancement tree currently slated for Update 50. Horizon Walker has popped up in a couple of editions of D&D at this point, as a variant option in 3.5e and a Ranger path in 5e. In this adaptation, the Horizon Walker is a hunter that traverses planes, hunting extraplanar enemies with a Bow. They are rugged adventurers, prepared for any kind of danger on any number of planes, and are attuned enough to Planes that they can occasionally manipulate planar alignments to avoid danger.

Focuses of this tree include:

Single-Target Bow Damage
Dexterity
Avoidance defenses (dodge, incorp, etc)

Marking a Target:
The first Core in this tree works a bit like Assassin's trick; it's an Active ability that leaves an effect on your targeted enemy, and after that the things that affect Marked Targets work on that enemy. Using Marked Target on another enemy while you have an existing, living Marked Target will clear it from them. Using Improved Precise Shot and hitting other enemies before/after your Marked Target on the Bow attacks will do the attack's weapon damage to other enemies, and only do the Marked Target effects to your Marked Target (assuming they're hit by the attack).

Cores
Mark Target: +1 to Spot and Listen. You gain the ability to Mark one target at a time. Targets you Mark have -2 AC. (Debuffs to Marked Targets from these Core abilites do not stack with other players' Marks - Only the highest set of debuffs will apply.) Cooldown: 4 Seconds. (1AP)
Improved Marking: Your Marked Targets get -5% Fortification. The AC penalty your Marked Targets take increases to -4. (1AP)
Greater Marking: Your Marked Targets get -2 to Saving Throws. Their Fortification penalty increases to -10%, and AC penalty increases to -6. (1AP)
Dauntless Marking: Your Marked Target's Saving Throw penalty increases to -4, Fortification penalty increases to -20%, and AC penalty increases to -8. (1AP)
Dimension Door: Once per rest, you can cast Dimension Door. Activation Cost: 0 Spell Points. Cooldown: 10 Minutes. Passive: Your Marked Targets get -10% to movement speed. (1AP)
Horizon: +2 to all Ability Scores. You gain +10 Ranged Power, +10% Doubleshot. +2 Maximum Manyshot charges. (1AP)

Tier 1
Weathered Gear: You have a 25/50/75% chance to negate potential item wear. (1AP/Rank)
Opening Shot: +1/2/3[w] Bow Attack. Adds 1/2/3d6 Force damage on hit. This damage scales with Ranged Power. Cooldown: 6 seconds. (1AP/Rank)
Eye for Accuracy: +1/2/3 to Attack with Weapons.
Skills: +1/2/3 to Spot, Listen, and Search. (1AP/Rank)
Conjure Arrow: SLA, as in AA tree (2AP)

Tier 2
Walker Training I: +1 to Attack and +1 to Damage with Longbows and Shortbows. (1AP)
Take the Opening: If Opening Shot hits a creature that is at 100% of their hitpoints, it deals an extra 1d10 Force damage for every 2 Character levels you have. This damage scales with Ranged Power. Additionally, your Force damage from Opening Shot is now applied twice when used against Marked Targets. (2AP)
Skilled Navigator: +2/4/6 to Saving Throws vs. Traps (1AP/Rank)
Dodge and Strike: When you tumble, you gain Ranged Power equal to half your Character level for 12 seconds. This can trigger once every 30 seconds. (1 AP)
Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider Feat (1AP)

Tier 3
No Step Missed: Battle Trance. Cooldown: 20 Seconds. Antirequisite: Other Trances. Charges: 5. Expend 1 Charge: You gain an Insight bonus to damage and the DC of tactical feats equal to 1/2 of your Dexterity modifier for [30/60/120] seconds. On a Vorpal weapon hit, have a chance to restore 1 Charge. (1AP/Rank)
Two Places At Once: When you use Manyshot or Scattershot, you gain Displacement for 12 seconds. (2AP)
Nowhere to Hide: You automatically detect nearby Secret Doors with a DC of 5 or less. This goes up by 3 for every 2 Character levels you have. (1AP)
Planar Dodge: +1/2/3 to Dodge, +1/2/3 Maximum Dexterity while wearing light armor. (1AP/Rank)
Ability Score: Multiselector
Dexterity: +1 Dexterity (2AP)
Wisdom: +1 Wisdom (2AP)

Tier 4
Walker Training II: +1 to Attack and +1 to Damage with Longbows and Shortbows. (1AP)
Corner the Quarry: +2/3/4[w] Bow Attack. If this is used against your Marked Target, they must make a Reflex Save (d20+your Listen skill) or be immobilized for 12 seconds. On a Vorpal hit, the target is also Stunned with no save (20sec cooldown). On bosses, this does not immobilize or stun. (1AP/Rank)
Tenacious Hunter: Against Extraplanar creatures and Marked Targets (regardless of whether or not they are extraplanar), you deal an additional +2/4/6 damage with Longbows and Shortbows. (1AP/Rank)
Scattershot: Ranged Bow Attack: Expend one charge to randomly select up to three different enemies at close range and shoot one arro at each of them. Each of these shots can Doubleshot. 2 second cooldown. This feat gives 3 charges, you regain 1 charge every 12 seconds you don't use Scattershot or Manyshot. (Requires a Longbow or Shortbow to use). Shares Charges and a Cooldown with Manyshot.(2AP)
Ability Score: Multiselector
Dexterity: +1 Dexterity (2AP)
Wisdom: +1 Wisdom (2AP)

Tier 5
Walker's Guidance: You and targeted ally gain Evasion and +5 to Saving Throws vs. Traps for 12 seconds. 60 second cooldown. (1AP)
Banish the Quarry: If Corner the Quarry is used against a Marked Target, they take an additional 1d6 Force Damage per Character Level. This damage scales with Ranged Power. If the creature is Extraplanar, it must make a Will Save (d20+your Listen skill) or be Banished. (Bosses cannot be banished). (1AP)
Feywild Attunement: +1 Competence Bonus to Threat Range and Multiplier with Longbows and Shortbows. (1AP)
Misty Step: As Abundant Step, but you disappear. (Shares a cooldown with other abundant steps). (1AP)
Improved Archer's Focus (as in Deepwood): Your Archer's Focus stance can now stack up to 25 times instead of 15. Passive: +10% Doubleshot. (2AP)

A few notes:
"Bow Attacks" in this tree require a Shortbow or Longbow.
It is fairly intended that a non-bow user could get some good use out of this tree.
Worth noting that anyone gaining Evasion from Walker's Guidance still has to follow Evasion rules (no med/heavy armor, etc) for Evasion to work.

Known Issues
Mark Target doesn't show anything over the targets head yet and we are going to fix that
Mark Target is slower than we want it to be right now and we are going to fix that

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Re: Horizon walker, glad I took a break...
Reply #1 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
OMG this tree is absolute shit as well, fucking weak as piss! ROFLMFAO!

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Another shit tree from shit devs. 

In other news, their U50 endgame gear nerfs were the final rude shoves I needed to finally uninstall this game and start the process on a credit card chargeback.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #3 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Steelstar
Developer

We did place No Step Missed very intentionally. Doesn't mean its position won't change, just that we're keeping an eye on it.

How I would build a melee in here:
    - Core 1 (Marking works for anyone, not just archers)
    - Eye for Accuracy x3 (Attack works for any weapon-user)
    - Weathered Gear x1 (item defense works for anybody)
    - Skilled Navigator x3 (saves vs. traps good for anybody)
    - Core 2 (upgrades the Mark)
    - Fav Enemy: Evil Outsider (works for any weapon-user), or alternately the other two ranks of Item Defense.

That should give you enough to reach the Trance, and no skills that don't do anything on your melee.

omg what a fucking idiot

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #4 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Seems like a lot of work star aligning all these abilities so you get the ability to take a shit.

This is a total let down..

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 7:25pm:

Yes, Steel those are great universal abilities for anybody. I really enjoy item defense, +3 vs traps, and +3 to hit! So, so good. Great for ranged, casters, melees, tanks, every body. Healers, too! Such a good builder you are. I no longer doubt your henshin staff build was 7th best dps. Or that time when you said inquisitive was right where you want it to be after 100 hours of testing. Absolved. Completely.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #6 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
omg what a fucking idiot

Honestly, it amazes me that he’s not living in a group home for the retarded.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Steelstar
Developer

We did place No Step Missed very intentionally. Doesn't mean its position won't change, just that we're keeping an eye on it.

How I would build a melee in here:
   - Core 1 (Marking works for anyone, not just archers)
   - Core 2 (upgrades the Mark)
   - Fav Enemy: Evil Outsider (works for any weapon-user), or alternately the other two ranks of Item Defense.

That should give you enough to reach the Trance, and no skills that don't do anything on your melee.

There is no fucking way this guy plays melees (or any other toon).  Why don't the devs actually play the fucking game?  If I ran a game company it would be part of their job to play enough to know the game.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 10:15pm:
Honestly, it amazes me that he’s not living in a group home for the retarded.

Well, he does work in a group office for the retarded.  Does that count?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Notanarc wrote on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 10:22pm:
There is no fucking way this guy plays melees (or any other toon).

How can say that about a guy that would say " - Fav Enemy: Evil Outsider (works for any weapon-user), or alternately the other two ranks of Item Defense".

Alternatively 2 MORE ranks in item defense!

That right there is pure, 100% meta defining build skills. Who would even consider taking FE over 2 more ranks of item defense? Exactly!

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #10 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 12:19am
Print Post  
I'm finding it very hard to give a fuck about this game right now.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #11 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 5:10am
Print Post  
Notanarc wrote on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 10:23pm:
Well, he does work in a group office for the retarded.  Does that count?

Yeah, pretty much.

IP Logged

Rickyretardo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 5:27am
Print Post  
I was so sure that this tree would bury all other ranged-users.

This is extraordinary shit even by their own standards...

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 10:28pm:
How can say that about a guy that would say " - Fav Enemy: Evil Outsider (works for any weapon-user), or alternately the other two ranks of Item Defense".

Alternatively 2 MORE ranks in item defense!

That right there is pure, 100% meta defining build skills. Who would even consider taking FE over 2 more ranks of item defense? Exactly!

Quick thought... what exactly does this 'option' imply?   Smiley

I think they also intend to ramp up breakage.

Item defense is in practically every class list of enhancements, and nobody takes it. I think they're going to force the issue.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #14 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Most of my toons will lose about 325-ish HP due to the item scaling nerf.

Not fun.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 11:29am
Print Post  
It's a boring tree, innit?

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 11:39am
Print Post  
This is laughable.

I really see no point to this tree when Deepwood Stalker exists. More RP, more sneak attack, action boost, more damage, more doublestrike, and much better attacks like Merciful Shot, Aimed Shot, Head Shot, and Sniper Shot. As a secondary tree, AA is still probably more desirable.

Of course, you still got assclowns on the mobos and reddit pretending like everything is fine, and that it "works as a secondary tree" lmao: https://www.reddit.com/r/ddo/comments/o5zit4/i_was_excited_about_the_new_horizon...

Quote:
I think it's gonna be an awesome replacement for arcane archer. Strongets ranger dps is deepwood, and the walker can be mixed with it pretty nice

Quote:
I think its good; not better than deepwood stalker, kind of a "deepwood stalker junior" tree.

Quote:
Obligatory "Please put feedback on the Mother Board because the Devs do actually respond to constructive or actionable feedback" comment

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jun 23rd, 2021 at 9:11am:
Quick thought... what exactly does this 'option' imply?

It implies Steel is bad at every facet of the game. Balance being his worst skill. Don't ever let that guy and his bootlickers live down "Inquisitive is right where we want it. 100 hours of play testing".

The guy is complete fucking joke and not even a funny one.

Let them ramp up item breaking, I expect nothing but more tolls from those grubby little leeches. We can just pay them 1 dollar every quest/raid where items break. I'm sure they think it'll be fun and challenging

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #18 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jun 23rd, 2021 at 9:11am:
Quick thought... what exactly does this 'option' imply?   Smiley

I think they also intend to ramp up breakage.

Item defense is in practically every class list of enhancements, and nobody takes it. I think they're going to force the issue.

Yep.  Letting an unqualified hack like beta cuck Brownstar make design decisions is exactly like letting any other retard drive the short bus.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #19 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 23rd, 2021 at 12:50pm:
It implies Steel is bad at every facet of the game. Balance being his worst skill. Don't ever let that guy and his bootlickers live down "Inquisitive is right where we want it. 100 hours of play testing".

Let them ramp up item breaking, I expect nothing but more tolls from those grubby little leeches. We can just pay them 1 dollar every quest/raid where items break. I'm sure they think it'll be fun and challenging

Even dog shit is smarter and has more talent than that clueless moron.  My sincere hope is that nobody is dumb enough to let that thing reproduce.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #20 - Jun 24th, 2021 at 5:18pm
Print Post  

Shit , im going to make a thread on mobo using that quote as a title.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Rickyretardo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jun 24th, 2021 at 6:24pm
Print Post  

Inquisitive in all honor, but the various shit shows monks has endured takes the price of the fools we refer to as the dev-team...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint