Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic So... they plan to nerf the living fuck out of end game gear? (Read 1321 times)
ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

So... they plan to nerf the living fuck out of end game gear?
Jun 23rd, 2021 at 2:45am
Print Post  
Apparently they are going to knock back values on virtually every attribute of all lvl 26+ gear so it's uniform across all available packs?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/525005-U50-Preview-1-Endgame-Itemizati...
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2021 at 2:47am by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Re: So... they plan to nerf the living fuck out of end game gear?
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 3:51am
Print Post  
Yes, and the thing that pisses me off the most about this stupid move is that this was definitely already in the pipeline while those lying shitbags were still ramping up power creep to sell Failwild!

There’s not a single person working at SSG that should have any business whatsoever working in the gaming industry.
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2021 at 3:52am by Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz »  

IP Logged

Rickyretardo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 4:50am
Print Post  
As usual, they are just doing it half-arsed.

reaper trees and sentient is still there for the "elites".

Either do it all or don´t fucking do it at all.

edit. all these nerfs seems to cater for one group of players. the HC crowd; people must shit out cash while being/acting 'hardcore'.
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2021 at 5:00am by Rickyretardo »  

IP Logged

ExploitEarly
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 9:24am
Print Post  
They need to take it away so they can sell it back to you later.

My guess is they discovered that they used shorts for holding some numbers in combat and the work to change to int is too hard, so they need to make smaller numbers happen.  Thus, here we are.

I've no expectation they will deflate the stat balloon properly.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 9:42am
Print Post  
They also nerfing leg content and mobs so chances are the game is getting easier too.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #5 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jun 23rd, 2021 at 9:42am:
They also nerfing leg content and mobs so chances are the game is getting easier too.

Exactly. Quoting from mobo

Quote:
Solution Part 2: Monster Power

We have been increasing the power level of monsters found at the level cap as the power level of items increased over time, and since we are adjusting these items downwards, we will be adjusting monsters downwards to match. The most notable change with this system is the removal of the Legendary Tier system as it relates to monsters. A monster at end game will ideally be just as difficult no matter which dungeon it is found in. The removal of the Legendary Tier system will represent a significant reduction in the offensive and defensive statistics of monsters found at the level cap, which means that monsters will be much weaker than they were before. We are also removing the Epic and Hard Saves boost found on all Monsters across our Epic content.

Given that each monster in our game has different stats and therefore a different starting point, it is hard for us to tell you exactly where each number will end up, but we can give out some comparisons to help demonstrate how dramatic this change will be. For example, Monsters across all of Epics will have 6 fewer Saving Throws, and Monsters at Endgame specifically will instead have 16 fewer saves. This also does not include our current planned removal of Epic Resilience, which will remove an additional 6 saving throws, for a total reduction of 22.

Monsters will not just be losing saving throws. The Legendary Tier II buff corresponded to 150% Fortification Bypass, 60 Attack Bonus, and 10 Spell Penetration, as well as a whole host of other offensive and defensive buffs designed to make them hit harder and take more hits. We hope that our monster rescaling ends up making content feel more realistic and more accessible, and are able to do more adjustments if necessary.

Honestly I have a bad feeling about this. Last few updates we got a shit ton of nerfs.....we will see

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #6 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 11:18am
Print Post  
They're going to give all the Item power back, but to different items and over levels 31-40.

Roll Eyes

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #7 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
The Great Feathering of Loot, Redux ?

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
The Great Ghostbaning was about making things boring. If anything, the Tetris will be more varied and intense than ever. U50 looks like a good idea in my eyes, and U51 makes more sense (but is still rubbish) now.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jun 23rd, 2021 at 11:18am:
They're going to give all the Item power back, but to different items and over levels 31-40.

Roll Eyes

Pretty much this. Really fucking shitty of them. I sort of want to see how bad the motherboard reaction is to watching a +22 stat item get nerfed to +14.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #10 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jun 23rd, 2021 at 9:42am:

If you think those retards are doing that, I’ve got oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you.  I’ve got three reasons why that won’t happen.

1.  They want you spending more of your pots and store bought buffs, not less.

2.  It’s too much time and effort to go thru every mob and properly adjust everything.

3.  They don’t even have half the brainpower and a quarter of the talent required to pull it off anyway.

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Yeah, not spending another penny on the game.  Sharn and Feywild were obvious
money grabs; now looking like bait and switch.

So many sychophants love the changes.  Whatever.  Total War Warhammer 3 is out
soon so bye bye DDO.  Hopefully for good this time.

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jun 23rd, 2021 at 3:32pm:
If you think those retards are doing that, I’ve got oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you.  I’ve got three reasons why that won’t happen.

1.  They want you spending more of your pots and store bought buffs, not less.

2.  It’s too much time and effort to go thru every mob and properly adjust everything.

3.  They don’t even have half the brainpower and a quarter of the talent required to pull it off anyway.

Turns out the rescaling of mobs is just lopping off Legendary Ward.  Epic Ward
comes off for U51.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #13 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jun 23rd, 2021 at 11:18am:

Roll Eyes

Fucking bait and switch! 

This bullshit was in the pipeline while those lying shit stains were still ramping up the power creep to sell Feywild.  I wish there was a way we could all demand refunds for our purchases of Fey since they were knowingly lying to us about the gear and it’s stats.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
3. Random Loot Viability - This change will mean that it is more likely that Random Loot will end up numerically viable for use at endgame. We don't generally expect established players to use Random Loot provided they have spent some time working on gear, but newer or less engaged players will now have more viable sources of power to select from.

What the ever-living fuck is SSGs nerd-boner for their random loot system? Dear SSG: no one wants your fucking 1 in 120 billion chance for a shit piece of RNG. You failed. Accept it and move on.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

cheap beer for days
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
This is fun, now random loot and cannith crafted will almost be the equivalent of all the named and raid loot.  Good thing I didn't spent days and weeks farming stuff....

Time to find a new game to spend time and money on, disappointing actually because I liked DDO.

IP Logged

C Troll
Korthos Resident

Fuck Off

Reply #16 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Choking on their apology of power creep

Steel def looks emo
Kinda shifty…

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jun 23rd, 2021 at 3:32pm:
2.  It’s too much time and effort to go thru every mob and properly adjust everything

The entire change hinges on this and this alone. If they can get it right then it might be the best update I have seen in the game. I have 0 faith they will simply because a the scope of it is way too ambitious for a studio that leaves new bugs untouched for years in every pack they have released.

But, if by some miracle they can get this done...

It would allow newer players to land DCs around 65-70% of the time in the hardest content if spec'd for it and geared correctly ( this means giving up a lot of dps options ).

The gearing would be better for them as random loot can adequately cover stats decently.

Makes hardcore server better by having random loot be viable while not optimal as the 4 stat named items with 2 slots.

And increases gearing options and content revival via making farming for them desirable.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Massive if.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
cheap beer for days wrote on Jun 23rd, 2021 at 5:23pm:
Time to find a new game to spend time and money on, disappointing actually because I liked DDO.

Let us know where you're going. I'm constantly on the look out for a new game.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint