Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Being capped is boring as fuck (Read 8278 times)
Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Re: Being capped is boring as fuck
Reply #25 - Jul 16th, 2021 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jul 16th, 2021 at 4:08pm:
The fact that you’re entirely too fucking stupid to come up with new material makes me laugh.

You're a bore.

Mom jokes > you.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #26 - Jul 16th, 2021 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Jul 16th, 2021 at 4:11pm:
You're a bore.

Mom jokes > you.

A micropenis-wielding cuck like you isn’t even remotely close to being qualified enough to talk about even the most shallow of boring.

So, you might as well go back to curling up in the fetal position like the frazzled, whiney bitch you truly are. 
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2021 at 4:37pm by Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz »  

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #27 - Jul 17th, 2021 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jul 16th, 2021 at 4:37pm:
A micropenis-wielding cuck like you isn’t even remotely close to being qualified enough to talk about even the most shallow of boring.

So, you might as well go back to curling up in the fetal position like the frazzled, whiney bitch you truly are. 

This is your response AFTER editing?!

All this talk about little dicks and being a bitch - you might be projecting, precious.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #28 - Jul 17th, 2021 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Jul 17th, 2021 at 9:22am:
This is your response AFTER editing?!

All this talk about little dicks and being a bitch - you might be projecting, precious.

Only edited because my drunk ass typed that shit out on my phone at a bar with some annoying bitch trying to talk my ear off...spellcheck made cuck into cucumber. 

Nice try with that projection bit though.  Yet again, a micropenis-wielding cuck such as yourself wouldn’t know the first thing about projecting anything.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #29 - Jul 17th, 2021 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jul 16th, 2021 at 11:34am:
Does no one else do alts anymore? I have characters that I TR and characters that I keep at cap for raiding/reaper. Sometimes they switch places. Decide which to log in after looking at the LFM.

I tried alts but the power difference between my "everything a zillionX totally completionist" main and my alts generally means the alts can't do much. They try real hard though.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #30 - Jul 17th, 2021 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 17th, 2021 at 2:54pm:
I tried alts but the power difference between my "everything a zillionX totally completionist" main and my alts generally means the alts can't do much. They try real hard though.

One of my better raiding characters is still first life. Endgame power is mostly gear and build.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #31 - Jul 17th, 2021 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 17th, 2021 at 2:54pm:

Just have everything zillionX totally completionist alts.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #32 - Jul 17th, 2021 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jul 17th, 2021 at 3:18pm:
One of my better raiding characters is still first life. Endgame power is mostly gear and build.

Yes but the problem was I was raiding to farm runes for my main, so the alts were not well-geared Tongue but yeah I went on raids anyway, probably raid way more on my alts than my main.

Gunga wrote on Jul 17th, 2021 at 3:28pm:
Just have everything zillionX totally completionist alts.

Also working on this Tongue

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #33 - Jul 18th, 2021 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jul 17th, 2021 at 11:50am:
Only edited because my drunk ass typed that shit out on my phone at a bar with some annoying bitch trying to talk my ear off...spellcheck made cuck into cucumber. 

Nice try with that projection bit though.  Yet again, a micropenis-wielding cuck such as yourself wouldn’t know the first thing about projecting anything.

Maybe you drink to drown out being a baby-dicked bitch. /shrug

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #34 - Jul 19th, 2021 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
I'm going to miss the Gunga/Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz interplay.

IP Logged

crsm3423
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Jul 22nd, 2021 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 14th, 2021 at 11:22am:
What would be your proposed reward for completing reaper mode, if not increased XP?

(genuinely curious, I like to hear other people's opinions on game design)

The idea is that reaper mode is something you do starting at cap.  It's not a "leveling up" difficulty, you have to be 30 to play in reaper.  At cap, increased standard XP isn't worthwhile unless you're still working on destinies, and those will cap out far before you're done running epic past lives.

Normal and Hard are what you run when you're learning the game.  Elite is what you run for most effecient past life leveling.  Reaper is what you run when you hit cap and want to use all that power that you just obtained (legendary items, raid items, etc) in progressively more challenging content.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Jul 23rd, 2021 at 11:28am
Print Post  
crsm3423 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2021 at 10:50pm:
Normal and Hard are what you run when you're learning the game.  Elite is what you run for most effecient past life leveling.  Reaper is what you run when you hit cap and want to use all that power that you just obtained (legendary items, raid items, etc) in progressively more challenging content.

I wholeheartedly agree... if only everyone else did though. But Bravery Bonus ruined everything about this paradigm. And reaper exp bonus made it worse.

Back in the day, first lifers such as myself would run N/H/E, progressively getting to know the quests better... because there was no bravery bonus. This encouraged us to be more patient and intelligent players because we were actually encouraged to learn the quests and gradually get better at the game. Sure, TRs took longer, but we were better players because of it. But then Bravery Bonus happened... and then Reaper bonus happened... and suddenly, nobody has any incentive to run N/H/E. 95% of DDO's players are existing players powerleveling through TRs/RRs, or sitting at cap. Try putting up a LFM for Elite. See how far that gets you.

Imagine how it'd be for a newbie these days. Nobody will group with you if you're doing normal or hard. (This isn't helped by DDO's abysmal population which has been steadily dwindling.) And when a new player DOES want to find a group, they'll have to join a R1 group and promptly get steamrolled by reapers and/or just watch their teammates with 600+ lives roflstomp everything, while they flail around and can't contribute. This all results in a vicious cycle wherein new players will either quit DDO out of frustration, or stubbornly stick to running difficulties for which they're woefully underqualified.

IP Logged

crsm3423
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Jul 23rd, 2021 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I wholeheartedly agree... if only everyone else did though. But Bravery Bonus ruined everything about this paradigm. And reaper exp bonus made it worse.

Back in the day, first lifers such as myself would run N/H/E, progressively getting to know the quests better... because there was no bravery bonus. This encouraged us to be more patient and intelligent players because we were actually encouraged to learn the quests and gradually get better at the game. Sure, TRs took longer, but we were better players because of it. But then Bravery Bonus happened... and then Reaper bonus happened... and suddenly, nobody has any incentive to run N/H/E. 95% of DDO's players are existing players powerleveling through TRs/RRs, or sitting at cap. Try putting up a LFM for Elite. See how far that gets you.

Imagine how it'd be for a newbie these days. Nobody will group with you if you're doing normal or hard. (This isn't helped by DDO's abysmal population which has been steadily dwindling.) And when a new player DOES want to find a group, they'll have to join a R1 group and promptly get steamrolled by reapers and/or just watch their teammates with 600+ lives roflstomp everything, while they flail around and can't contribute. This all results in a vicious cycle wherein new players will either quit DDO out of frustration, or stubbornly stick to running difficulties for which they're woefully underqualified.

It also means that you're incented to TR to get maximum Reaper XP so you can reset your first time run bonuses.  TRing should have nothing to do with reaper progression, and triple everything completionists shouldn't be able to endlessly TR to make reaper XP easier / faster to obtain.

The ladder for reaper points in Hardcore shows how rediculous it is.  The advantage people have using store bought pots and running legendary quests for double reaper XP is massive.  Changing the paradigm to "reaper at cap" also allows you to get rid of all of the bonuses (legendary, xp pots, first time) and have skull increases be the only way to increase XP gain.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #38 - Jul 23rd, 2021 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Jul 18th, 2021 at 11:12am:
Maybe you drink to drown out being a baby-dicked bitch. /shrug

Nice try chimp…er, chump.   BTW, that prosthetic nut sack of yours needs new vinyl.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #39 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jul 23rd, 2021 at 2:02pm:
Nice try chimp…er, chump.   BTW, that prosthetic nut sack of yours needs new vinyl.

Yet, here you swing, you simple twat.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #40 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 1:52pm:
Yet, here you swing, you simple twat.

The only swinging going on here involves your fully-frothed, spermbanked ass swinging back and forth trying to get more dick donations.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #41 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Fag fight.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #42 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Lol.  I expected nothing less when I frustratedly posted this one drunken night to rage out in childlike fashion because I wanted to play a game in a time where I wasn’t bothered by spouse or children (which is precious time!) and was wasted because there wasn’t a damn thing to do on the character I felt like playing.  Part of this is because I am capped and completed, leaving little other to do other than raid or RXP. 

Full disclosure, this post isn’t much more sober than my original, which also shouldn’t be associated with my overall drinking frequency given the span between posts, but rather associated with the trend of the state  of mind I have been posting with lately.  That aside, although my most honest self wants to crush rxp to get them all, I am trying to remember that the end of the road holds mostly boredom.

So basically this is a cry for people to say wtf obscure things or items you are Pershing to give direction and interest that I possibly don’t know about due to my many years away.  I felt that this point was fairly plain to see between the lines knowing that I am not the only one here who speaks the drunk language, and that many can relate to my plight and suggest ways they have fixed it like ddoa meeting.  WTF guys, help a brother out, I don’t care who’s penis is bigger…

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #43 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 3:56pm:
Fag fight.

The only thing missing from it being a fag fight is you. 

Seriously, you might as well back to hiding out in shit infested alleys giving out handjobs for food like you’ve been doing the last couple of weeks.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #44 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 9:24pm:
food

wAIT, Like what kind of food?  The good mac and cheese?

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #45 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 9:24pm:
~ hiding.... like you’ve been doing the last couple of weeks.

ROFLMFAO!  Hiding, weeks huh? Dragonborn: 24 posts in the last two weeks, Look who is wrong again... dumbass Haha.

You should probably go back to your fag fight junior because you are out of your depth with me as I can both count and use a calendar.

Besides kid, that old guy Gunga has put a lot of effort into grooming you. Hell, look at the time and effort he invested in this thread alone...

Sad little fags, lol.

Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Latetotheparty
Dragon Raider

Reply #46 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Dung born forgot her medication again.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #47 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Mattyo wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 8:23pm:
Lol.  I expected nothing less when I frustratedly posted this one drunken night to rage out in childlike fashion because I wanted to play a game in a time where I wasn’t bothered by spouse or children (which is precious time!) and was wasted because there wasn’t a damn thing to do on the character I felt like playing.  Part of this is because I am capped and completed, leaving little other to do other than raid or RXP. 

Full disclosure, this post isn’t much more sober than my original, which also shouldn’t be associated with my overall drinking frequency given the span between posts, but rather associated with the trend of the state  of mind I have been posting with lately.  That aside, although my most honest self wants to crush rxp to get them all, I am trying to remember that the end of the road holds mostly boredom.

So basically this is a cry for people to say wtf obscure things or items you are Pershing to give direction and interest that I possibly don’t know about due to my many years away.  I felt that this point was fairly plain to see between the lines knowing that I am not the only one here who speaks the drunk language, and that many can relate to my plight and suggest ways they have fixed it like ddoa meeting.  WTF guys, help a brother out, I don’t care who’s penis is bigger…

XP gets tough because the way its split up goes up exponentially, leading to a scenario in which as a player you quickly reach a point where earning even 1 additional point requires days or weeks of commitment. That's fine for the dick-in-a-pencil-sharpener grinders who play 80 hours a week, but not so great a goal for the rest of us. I already don't like repaer. My main and most-played character has something like 17 reaper points. Getting to 18 would require many many hours of gameplay I don't enjoy. Why should I do this? SSG not only doesn't have an answer, they don't have an alternative for me.

Collecting items would be a lot of fun except for the massive inventory crunch and the minor side-note that nearly everything of interest has an obscenely low drop-rate. Or you have the clearly broken loot-tables that make even casual collecting of common items a heavy-weight dick-punch. A while back I tried to pick up a Devil's Handiwork set for one of my chest-puller accounts, literally only because it was "something to do" and it seemed like fun. Took my 90 fucking runs to get an Ivy Helix, and got 27 Laurel Helixs along the way(it might have been reversed, who remembers?) this was with 6 chest-pullers.

So sometimes I just go and ride my horse along the trail. Except I can't even do THAT, because nothing ever breaks fucking agro so I have to stop, dismount, backtrack until I can kill the damn ranged mob halfway across the map... yeah.

I haven't barely logged in to DDO since summer started. I think the ride is over.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #48 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Latetotheparty wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 10:49am:
Dung born forgot her medication again.

LOL thirsty much? you really really want to 'belong' don't you? roflmao!

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #49 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 11:20pm:

ROFLMFAO!  Hiding, weeks huh? Dragonborn: 24 posts in the last two weeks, Look who is wrong again... dumbass Haha.

You should probably go back to your fag fight junior because you are out of your depth with me as I can both count and use a calendar.

Besides kid, that old guy Gunga has put a lot of effort into grooming you. Hell, look at the time and effort he invested in this thread alone...

Sad little fags, lol.

Nah, you're my favorite little invention.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint