Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Well it happened to me finally... (Read 6515 times)
oldiebutgoodie
Korthos Resident

Justa Gamer

Well it happened to me finally...
Jul 26th, 2021 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Well, I have had interactions with people on here for boxes and have not had an issue. Well it finally happened. I had a deal going for 30 heroic boxes on Thelanis, sent the money, then got blocked and got nothing. I know it goes with the territory of doing this kind of business, but it just really sucks because I am not rich by any means so this type of hit really hurts. I should have known better but it just really sucks that people do these type of things to others. I mean its a digital item, and to hustle someone over a digital item on a video game is just trash. Rant over. Sorry to be a whiney little bitch about it lol

IP Logged

oldiebutgoodie
Korthos Resident

Justa Gamer

Re: Well it happened to me finally...
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Really wish there was something I could do about it. Well I am still looking for boxes on Thelanis if anyone can help me recover my losses it would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
I'm selling a bridge if you need one.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
oldiebutgoodie wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 5:32pm:
if anyone can help me recover my losses it would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Are you asking for free boxes on the Vault?

With a sub 10-post account just over a year old?

Impressive, sir.

Are you a Nigerian Prince?
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2021 at 5:58pm by Head-Meat »  

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Rincewind
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
all you can do is to tell us who did you make a deal, and how did you contact him so at least noone else make the mistake

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Rincewind wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 5:59pm:
all you can do is to tell us who did you make a deal, and how did you contact him so at least noone else make the mistake

This.

Without knowing who ripped you off the assistance we can provide is limited.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

oldiebutgoodie
Korthos Resident

Justa Gamer

Reply #6 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
lol, definitely not asking for free boxes. Wouldnt dream of getting that. I've been a member on here for years, just never posted much at all. It was ddoplayer98, which I have heard of him scamming people, but ive bought from him before and never had an issue til now. His name on discord was Keppler, arturo tijerina

IP Logged

oldiebutgoodie
Korthos Resident

Justa Gamer

Reply #7 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Ive always just came on here for info and always enjoy the back and forth banter between people. Recently made an account when the boxes came available for sale. Ive been playing the game since around 2008, so I am not new at all just not much of a poster. Had to post this though so others dont make the same mistake. I know he has socks all over this site as well.
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2021 at 6:51pm by oldiebutgoodie »  

IP Logged

oldiebutgoodie
Korthos Resident

Justa Gamer

Reply #8 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
cash app was $joechess98

IP Logged

The Grandest of Fellows
Titan Demolisher

Hail Friends!

Reply #9 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 5:57pm:
Are you asking for free boxes on the Vault?

With a sub 10-post account just over a year old?

Impressive, sir.

Are you a Nigerian Prince?

Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

nonehere
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 2:22am
Print Post  
sucks indeed Sad

Yea, with the box supply being short like this, scammers popup more.

Personal recommendation, in the deal, say that you only pay for $20 of the boxes (and only get $20 of them first) -- you might get scammed the $20 - you might get scammed when you make the rest of payment.. but there are fewer scammers out there that can even provide $20 of boxes than no boxes at all.
Any real seller that says "$20 isn't worth my time" as a token before a bigger purchase, isn't worth taking the risk on considering how many people get scammed.

Again, ask indeed there is nothing to do with your case, just sending my sympathies your way.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Thanks for the warning I guess.

Personally I never understood why people would buy Otto Boxes in the first place. For me, it's tantamount to paying money to NOT play the game. Sure, extra stats from TRs/RRs are nice and whatever, but for me, the fun of DDO comes from actually playing the game and creating builds for each life.

I figure if I ever get to a point where I'm paying to straight up NOT play the game, it's time to quit.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #12 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 11:56am
Print Post  
oldiebutgoodie wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 6:31pm:
arturo tijerina

Grand!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 11:56am:
Grand!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Actually I suspect Grail = arturo tijerina. There are a lot of similarities in the textual styles and postings. Though I wouldn't discount any of these people also being Grand. Some days I wake up more tired than when I went to bed, and I ask myself "What if I'm Grand in my sleep?"

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #14 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 1:22pm:
Actually I suspect Grail = arturo tijerina. There are a lot of similarities in the textual styles and postings. Though I wouldn't discount any of these people also being Grand. Some days I wake up more tired than when I went to bed, and I ask myself "What if I'm Grand in my sleep?"

I could be Grand.

That would sure mess with your head, wouldn't it?

In fact, that would make me Grand's greatest sock.  Tongue

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 2:12pm:
I could be Grand.

Now THAT would be a mind-fuck.

IP Logged

The Grandest of Fellows
Titan Demolisher

Hail Friends!

Reply #16 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
LOL!  now, now, boys. I may be a lot of things, or an awful lot, hell I might even be an huge number of things, but I am not a seller.

Although I do occasionally make people PAY for things, just ask Arkat/Technomage! lolololol Grin Grin Grin

I would ask who hurt you Arkat, but I know it was me!   Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Hunter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
oldiebutgoodie wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 4:34pm:
I had a deal going for 30 heroic boxes on Thelanis, sent the money, then got blocked and got nothing. I know it goes with the territory of doing this kind of business, but it just really sucks
No, it doesn't suck. What about you?

Do you want to play fair or? If not, why would you ever come into game? This game is not about grind. It's about people relationships. It's social.

If you want cheating - go play single. You can use any trainer there. Or Artmoney. You got what you deserved. Play fair - and you won't lose your money.

IP Logged

Nub
Korthos Resident

Reply #18 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 12:56am
Print Post  
Hunter wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 11:45pm:

Do you want to play fair or? If not, why would you ever come into game? This game is not about grind. It's about people relationships. It's social.

If you want cheating - go play single. You can use any trainer there. Or Artmoney. You got what you deserved. Play fair - and you won't lose your money.

How is it cheating to use something the game promotes people to buy?

How is the game not about grind when there are so many literal grind mechanics to keep people playing?

Stop lowering the IQ in the room and just leave.

IP Logged

Spandex
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 4:24am
Print Post  
The last lot of duping shit that went on was odd, didn’t it happen just after the free quest codes?
No great effort was put in by SSG to resolve the issue, a few bans for dumb asses here and there. SSG suggested the great win or their success was adding the free quest code. Let’s be honest, this is the real truth. The servers are full of 15-18 year old with quad completionist and 156 reaper points. Stuff that takes literally takes fucken years to grind, I know I had to do it the hard way. A whole new generation of income for SSG, to the people that cry about dupers ect, stop fooling yourselves, the bugs to dupe were open for a reason, and is the only reason a lot of end game players bothered to stick around. It was the most exciting thing in the game. You could test builds, change builds without fucking around doing heroics, and it was fucken great. 6- 8 months down the track, most the boxes have been used and DDO has a bigger player base life goes on. Was it lost revenue for SSG, absolutely doubt it, if anything business is booming.
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2021 at 4:37am by Spandex »  

IP Logged

Spandex
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 4:41am
Print Post  
The Grandest of Fellows wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 6:53pm:
LOL!  now, now, boys. I may be a lot of things, or an awful lot, hell I might even be an huge number of things, but I am not a seller.

Although I do occasionally make people PAY for things, just ask Arkat/Technomage! lolololol Grin Grin Grin

I would ask who hurt you Arkat, but I know it was me!   Cheesy Cheesy

Wait, didn't Grand want to sell all his riches and accounts for 16k? "There is hypocrisy in the Synagogue!" Banish this sinner....

IP Logged

Hunter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 6:16am
Print Post  
Nub wrote on Jul 28th, 2021 at 12:56am:
How is it cheating to use something the game promotes people to buy?

How is the game not about grind when there are so many literal grind mechanics to keep people playing?

Stop lowering the IQ in the room and just leave.

Because game means you to play, not botting. I remember old days, when retarded persons used epic Crucible for epic leveling - optionals XP, botting. And what happened? XP was removed - because of retards.

So many people have been already banned - and people still tend to choose "BAN ME PLEASE" way.

IP Logged

Hunter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 6:21am
Print Post  
Spandex wrote on Jul 28th, 2021 at 4:24am:
The servers are full of 15-18 year old with quad completionist and 156 reaper points.

I have one character close to quad comp, also having 90 RP. And this is only because I'm lazy to grind daily reapers. And game is still interesting to play. It's because comp and reaper points are not the real goal.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #23 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 7:46am
Print Post  
Hunter wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 11:45pm:

youre fake, gay, and retarded

in one sentence you claim the game is not about the grind but about social relationships. then you surround that attempt at a point with bullshit that is only pertinent to the grind, revealing that your only issue is jealousy because people are mitigating grind that u are too fucking stupid to avoid.

Quote:
do u want to play (a game only about social interaction) fair?

how does one cheat in people relationships? how does one exploit 'society'?
Quote:
If you want cheating (in a game only about social interaction) go play single

how is playing single player games a solution for people who want to cheat in "a game about people relationships"
Quote:
play (the social game of people relationships) fair

how does one play social people relationship simulator fairly? how does mitigating an aspect of the game that neither builds relationships or affects social interaction, alter the perceived fairness of social interaction between varying parties?
Quote:
you won't lose your money.

who exactly do u think is out there enforcing policy to make sure that only people who violate your personal ethics code lose money, and no one else does? can you prove that only those whom you feel violate your personal ethics code lose money? can you prove that no one who aligns with your retard belief system has ever lost money?

youre just an emotional child using a pile of words to say as little as possible. unfortunately we already have enough of those, who are more proficient and far more textually attractive than you will ever be. this position on the vault has long ago been filled and we do not need your services at this time. youre jealous that people are mitigating grind. you are jealous of their timely success, their resources, their social network. you are jealous of the satisfaction they net and jealous of the suffering they circumvent. and you are disingenuous in the way you hide these selfish emotions under the guise of a logical call for 'fairness'. but the truth betrays you, because there is no unfairness generated in terms of social or relationship by people avoiding retarded grinds. you dont get a +1 to irl charisma from boxes. you wont learn to be agreeable or how to debate in a friendly manner from any ddo item whether it was free or expensive, whether it was duped or purchased, whether it was pulled or traded. your success in a social environment which is exclusively about 'people relationships' is ONLY affected by your stupid brain and its inherent processes. and your posts make it clear that you are disadvantaged in this regard. and no amount of in game items bought sold or ignored can make you less of a douche. only u can do that through self reflection. the inequality u are experiencing in a game that is exclusively about social relationships is a result of unfairness- the unfairness inherent in the fact that some people like you are simply fated to double digit IQ. as such, it is with great sadness that i must inform you that we are going to have to let you go. we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #24 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Jul 28th, 2021 at 7:46am:
textually attractive

I think I am going to switch to a different font like Grand.  Smiley

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged