Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Saltmarsh tidbits on reddit (Read 8450 times)
kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Saltmarsh tidbits on reddit
Jul 28th, 2021 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
https://www.reddit.com/r/ddo/comments/otehb3/saltmarsh_bundle_info/

10% off for VIPs. $99.99 for a top-tier... mini-expansion. Ha. Ha. Ha. Good one, SSG!

I'll pass.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Re: Saltmarsh tidbits on reddit
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
The sad thing is that they even advertise "epic destinies access", like....really?

Mini expansion that costs like a regular expansion and not even a raid? Mkay

EDIT
The standard edition (the one I'm going for) is half the price of same tier for feywild. The middle and the upper tiers are the ones where they screw you over. By the way, the most expensive tier has a "dimensional hireling folder", yes, a freaking expanded folder to carry hirelings  Grin

Finally something useful for whales that don't know where to stove their useless premium hires  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2021 at 4:49pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jul 28th, 2021 at 4:33pm:
a "dimensional hireling folder", yes, a freaking expanded folder to carry hirelings  Grin

Is this just regular hirelings or would it hold the 8 million special hirelings SSG keeps churching out? (owlbear, saytr, shield guardian, etc)

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

COVID-19
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Pathetic

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #4 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
What does “Unlimited Spark of Logic Access” mean, exactly?

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #5 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Oh, and the fact the new horse mount isn’t a Nightmare is a fail of the highest degree.

If it was, and it was only available in the Ultimate Fan Bundle, that would have guaranteed the mini-expansion’s overwhelming sales success.

But their marketing team (Tolero?) is retarded.

I will likely only get the Standard edition, now.

Way to miss out on a golden sales opportunity, SSG.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2021 at 9:51pm by Technomage »  

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #6 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Lizard folk armored mount is really intriguing, I wonder what that will look like and do. 

From Cordovan:
" The Unlimited Spark of Logic Access is a spark that will unlock one Filigree slot, is Bound to Account, and can be acquired by speaking to an NPC. This means you can get the spark any number of times. This Spark is available in-game as a rare drop in the Epic Saga reward list for Saltmarsh."

I think they missed a chance to introduce a Lizardfolk race
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2021 at 7:03pm by Bishop »  

IP Logged

COVID-19
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Cordovan
Community Manager

Couple of followups:

- The Dimensional Hireling Folder is Bound to Account and delivered to the first character you log into after purchasing the expansion.
    - The Unlimited Spark of Logic Access is a spark that will unlock one Filigree slot, is Bound to Account, and can be acquired by speaking to an NPC. This means you can get the spark any number of times. This Spark is available in-game as a rare drop in the Epic Saga reward list for Saltmarsh.

anybody understand gibberish?
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2021 at 7:03pm by COVID-19 »  

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
First expansion (mini-expansion?) that I intend to wait for the store for.
I have quit supporting them.  My current plan is to just ride this ship until it sinks.

I do hope they find a way to impress me again.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #9 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
COVID-19 wrote on Jul 28th, 2021 at 7:02pm:
Cordovan
Community Manager

Couple of followups:

- The Dimensional Hireling Folder is Bound to Account and delivered to the first character you log into after purchasing the expansion.
    - The Unlimited Spark of Logic Access is a spark that will unlock one Filigree slot, is Bound to Account, and can be acquired by speaking to an NPC. This means you can get the spark any number of times. This Spark is available in-game as a rare drop in the Epic Saga reward list for Saltmarsh.

anybody understand gibberish?

Cordo was woefully unprepared on his livestream today when answering questions, and even this written response was highly inadequate.

It makes me wonder what he does with his “work” time? He’s certainly not spending much time getting ready to deal with the DDO community!

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #10 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
reminder that he lost his notes during the big annual celebration live stream,.  I wonder if he found them yet.

They started a whole new company, ssg, from turbine.  and they brought him WITH THEM.

Think about that.  A perfect time to clean house, to remove anyone you wanted, with no legal problems, nothing!  It's a brand new company.  AND THEY BROUGHT HIM WITH THEM.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Jul 28th, 2021 at 8:47pm:
reminder that he lost his notes during the big annual celebration live stream,.  I wonder if he found them yet.

They started a whole new company, ssg, from turbine.  and they brought him WITH THEM.

Think about that.  A perfect time to clean house, to remove anyone you wanted, with no legal problems, nothing!  It's a brand new company.  AND THEY BROUGHT HIM WITH THEM.

Tolero is fucking Steelstar's husband and cordo has pictures.

You come up with a better theory.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
COVID-19 wrote on Jul 28th, 2021 at 7:02pm:
    Couple of followups:

Forgive me if I can't make heads or tails of cordo's gibberish, but this sounds like if you buy the ultimate pack, you get this thing that opens a filigree slot and you can have as many as you want. Am I understanding this correctly?

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #13 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
100$ for an adventure pack which nerfs all the current items and sets the stage for selling it back over the next year or two. Absolute cunts  Angry

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #14 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 28th, 2021 at 10:14pm:
Forgive me if I can't make heads or tails of cordo's gibberish, but this sounds like if you buy the ultimate pack, you get this thing that opens a filigree slot and you can have as many as you want. Am I understanding this correctly?

Sparks only open up the possibility of an additional slot. You still have to feed your sentient jewel enough xp to actually get the slot.

What I’d like to know is how many sentient xp will it take to get that 10th slot? 50K, 75K, or maybe even 100K?

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #15 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Hardcore_Girl wrote on Jul 28th, 2021 at 10:34pm:
100$ for an adventure pack which nerfs all the current items and sets the stage for selling it back over the next year or two. Absolute cunts  Angry

Boo hoo. Go play something else the game doesn't need you or habitual complainers like you. Also, it can't be healthy for you to be around something that makes you act the way you do.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #16 - Jul 29th, 2021 at 12:06am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jul 28th, 2021 at 10:42pm:
What I’d like to know is how many sentient xp will it take to get that 10th slot? 50K, 75K, or maybe even 100K?

I think he said one tenser's box bought from the store or 3 bought on the vault.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jul 29th, 2021 at 5:27am
Print Post  
I'd say that everyone on SSG is on crack with these prices but...

Pound to a penny the best selling pack is the $100 one.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #18 - Jul 29th, 2021 at 5:40am
Print Post  
Good, I'll go for the $20 pack, and buy the universal tree once it hits the store.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #19 - Jul 29th, 2021 at 5:50am
Print Post  
100% of replies show dissatisfaction
100% of replies talking about which package of dissatisfaction they will buy
who am i to break the cycle

DOOD FUCKIGN DDO LOL DOOD SSG IS FUCKING SHITE LOL FUCK STEELSTAR OMG MISSED OPPORTUNITIES SHITTING WHERE U STAND GAMES IS FUCKING RETARDED AND DOESNT CARE ABOUT THE GAME OR THE PLAYERS THATS WHY I AM ONLY GOING TO BUY THE 80 DOLLAR GOLD PACKAGE INSTEAD OF THE 90 DOLLAR PLATINUM PACKAGE I RECOMMEND WE ALL DO THE SAME IT WILL SEND A MESSAGE THAT WE WONT PAY AN EXTRA 10 BUCKS FOR THE COSMETICS THAT COME WITH THE POWER CREEP THAT JUST GOT NERFED OUT OF THE LAST 2 UPDATES SO IT COULD BE ADDED TO THIS ONE JOKES ON YOU SSG THAT EXTRA 10 BUCKS IS MINE NOW U CAN KEEP YOUR PLATINUM PACKAGE HAHA CAUSE WE JUST GONNA GET THE GOLD PACK FOR 80

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #20 - Jul 29th, 2021 at 6:48am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Jul 29th, 2021 at 5:50am:
100% of replies show dissatisfaction
100% of replies talking about which package of dissatisfaction they will buy
who am i to break the cycle

DOOD FUCKIGN DDO LOL DOOD SSG IS FUCKING SHITE LOL FUCK STEELSTAR OMG MISSED OPPORTUNITIES SHITTING WHERE U STAND GAMES IS FUCKING RETARDED AND DOESNT CARE ABOUT THE GAME OR THE PLAYERS THATS WHY I AM ONLY GOING TO BUY THE 80 DOLLAR GOLD PACKAGE INSTEAD OF THE 90 DOLLAR PLATINUM PACKAGE I RECOMMEND WE ALL DO THE SAME IT WILL SEND A MESSAGE THAT WE WONT PAY AN EXTRA 10 BUCKS FOR THE COSMETICS THAT COME WITH THE POWER CREEP THAT JUST GOT NERFED OUT OF THE LAST 2 UPDATES SO IT COULD BE ADDED TO THIS ONE JOKES ON YOU SSG THAT EXTRA 10 BUCKS IS MINE NOW U CAN KEEP YOUR PLATINUM PACKAGE HAHA CAUSE WE JUST GONNA GET THE GOLD PACK FOR 80

You're getting so good at retarding that it's getting harder to tell if or when you're pretending.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #21 - Jul 29th, 2021 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jul 28th, 2021 at 10:42pm:
Sparks only open up the possibility of an additional slot. You still have to feed your sentient jewel enough xp to actually get the slot.

I mean what the hell else was I going to use all those tensers boxes on?

Granted without raid filigree/double filigree I feel like I'm wasting time.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #22 - Jul 29th, 2021 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
it is a practiced skill i have been honing for years

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #23 - Jul 29th, 2021 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
I'm going to ammend my statement :

I'll buy the $20 pack for my main account and use the DDO points I have there to buy the tree once it hits the store... and I'll just wait on the secondary account for everything to hit the store and use accumulated points to buy the various bits... like I did for Feywild.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jul 29th, 2021 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
is this the update for the ED changes?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint