Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Inventory search (Read 6452 times)
kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Inventory search
Aug 17th, 2021 at 5:48am
Print Post  
Not 64-bit yet but props to these devs. https://old.reddit.com/r/ddo/comments/p5htxg/introducing_dungeon_helper_and_trov
e_search_all/

As a chronically disorganised person this should save me a bundle of time.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Re: Inventory search
Reply #1 - Aug 17th, 2021 at 5:49am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Morrikan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 17th, 2021 at 8:42am
Print Post  
No 64-bit yet, but unfortunately most people fail to realize 32-bit apps run on 64-bit OSes and that DDO still has a 32-bit option.

That is, everybody can use it. "No 64-bit yet" excuses don't really hold any water.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #3 - Aug 17th, 2021 at 10:07am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Aug 17th, 2021 at 5:48am:
As a chronically disorganised person

Yeah not long after linking I checked & realised I was still running 32-bit anyway.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #4 - Aug 17th, 2021 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Morrikan wrote on Aug 17th, 2021 at 8:42am:
No 64-bit yet, but unfortunately most people fail to realize 32-bit apps run on 64-bit OSes and that DDO still has a 32-bit option.

That is, everybody can use it. "No 64-bit yet" excuses don't really hold any water.

DDO no longer supports 32-bit I believe, and also has worse performance compared to 64-bit.

IP Logged

Morrikan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 17th, 2021 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Hardcore_Girl wrote on Aug 17th, 2021 at 12:24pm:
DDO no longer supports 32-bit I believe, and also has worse performance compared to 64-bit.

It is still an option in the launcher, so it is definitely still supported.

But yes, the 64-bit version will perform better on most 64-bit versions of Windows, and some users have problems with the 32-bit client crashing.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #6 - Aug 17th, 2021 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
looks nice.

now just to nitpick : any plug-in beyond the UI skins break the TOS and expose you to a ban if you get caught.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Shroud Slacker

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #7 - Aug 17th, 2021 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 17th, 2021 at 12:52pm:
looks nice.

now just to nitpick : any plug-in beyond the UI skins break the TOS and expose you to a ban if you get caught.

Vault of Kundarak had already broken the TOS when they datamined the client and published the exact percentage chance of what items can fall when you open certain end-chests.

Do you think they care?
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2021 at 12:57pm by Standing Stone Games »  

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #8 - Aug 17th, 2021 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
looks nice.

Oh, you really are a fucking piece of work aren't you?

God fucking forbid that someone, get a tiny bit of praise about some fucking nerd- IT-adjacent shit on this site and you not be named or asked to tell everyone how clever you are. Didn't Mamma love you enough Pierre?

I swear to christ, somedays when I run across your occasional needy, insecure, and 'what about moi!?' posts like this I actually start to feel like I'd like to see some huge fucking Walloon curb stomp you, all while lecturing you about some pedantic bullshit of his own.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Morrikan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 17th, 2021 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
looks nice.

I am not a lawyer disclaimer here, but...

Dungeon Helper and Trove do not manipulate or inject into the DDO client or it's network data streams. This should keep users of these applications in the clear as it relates to the ToS and EULA.

Creating these things... completely different story - my neck is on the line for sure. But using them should be safe.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 17th, 2021 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
looks nice.

And how exactly would the buffoons at SSG catch you?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Aug 17th, 2021 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Morrikan wrote on Aug 17th, 2021 at 1:46pm:
I am not a lawyer disclaimer here, but...

Dungeon Helper and Trove do not manipulate or inject into the DDO client or it's network data streams. This should keep users of these applications in the clear as it relates to the ToS and EULA.

Creating these things... completely different story - my neck is on the line for sure. But using them should be safe.

We already know SSG can't afford a lawsuit. There is 0 risk here for anyone.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 18th, 2021 at 6:39am
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Aug 17th, 2021 at 12:57pm:
Vault of Kundarak had already broken the TOS when they datamined the client and published the exact percentage chance of what items can fall when you open certain end-chests.

Link plz.  tyvm.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #13 - Aug 18th, 2021 at 9:34am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #14 - Aug 18th, 2021 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Morrikan wrote on Aug 17th, 2021 at 1:46pm:

The old combat logger did not manipulate anything either, it just logged the combat log into a file.
But it's creator took some heavy flak from Turbine. ( along with a statement that anybody caught using it would be banned )

Now I agree that it's difficult to track down usage of purely passive things.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Morrikan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Aug 18th, 2021 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 18th, 2021 at 11:12am:
The old combat logger did not manipulate anything either, it just logged the combat log into a file.

The old combat logger injected into the client with EasyHook and hooked functions inside dndclient.exe. That's a helluva lot more that nothing.
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2021 at 1:33pm by Morrikan »  

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Aug 19th, 2021 at 10:27am
Print Post  
What did the old combat logger do?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Aug 19th, 2021 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Aug 18th, 2021 at 9:34am:

Is the site functional? I keep getting errors or no results for any item I tried searching for.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Shroud Slacker

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #18 - Aug 19th, 2021 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 19th, 2021 at 1:44pm:
Is the site functional? I keep getting errors or no results for any item I tried searching for.

It comes right up for me.

« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2021 at 1:48pm by Standing Stone Games »  

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Aug 19th, 2021 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Aug 19th, 2021 at 1:46pm:
It comes right up for me.

Where are the drop rates? This is what I get when I search items now :

Even clicking the item does not show drop rates for me.

« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2021 at 2:19pm by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Morrikan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Aug 19th, 2021 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
I don't have drop rates for everything. It's not an automated process and takes a fair chunk of time per chest.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Aug 19th, 2021 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Morrikan wrote on Aug 19th, 2021 at 3:15pm:
I don't have drop rates for everything. It's not an automated process and takes a fair chunk of time per chest.

Gotcha. Thanks for doing the work. Tools are sorely needed for ddo. Would you consider expanding on this in the future to include monster stats, raid bosses, etc?

I would gladly donate to your gofundme/kickstarter/whatever. I would start now and I'm sure many would too since we as players all appreciate data like this.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #22 - Aug 19th, 2021 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 19th, 2021 at 3:20pm:
I would gladly donate to your gofundme/kickstarter/whatever. I would start now and I'm sure many would too since we as players all appreciate data like this.

I would chip in for sure.
Imagine what the whales would pay for a good tool if they pay for SSGs crappy coding.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Morrikan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Aug 19th, 2021 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
The offers are appreciated, but it's a time problem - not a money problem. I'm still trying to sort out the bugs in this inventory app and I have a lot on my plate for that as it is.

Adding 64-bit to the inventory app is my #1 priority, bugfixes notwithstanding (and there are a lot of bugs). After that, I want to finish rewriting the Launcher and our version of MyDDO.

Then... THEN I can get back to the item website. I couldn't have done the inventory stuff without what I learned from the item website; it's all related. I had to do a complete redesign of my tools with one of those ah-hah! moments, and never got around to porting my item website tools to the new stuff. Anyway, just plugging along at my snail pace. Took 3 years to get to where we are now. I don't dare offer timelines on how long the "next" thing is going to take.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #24 - Aug 19th, 2021 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
i am having an emotion i cant name

i would have used this but i wouldnt return to game for it

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint