Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic LFM fixed in new patch (Read 3984 times)
SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

LFM fixed in new patch
Sep 1st, 2021 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
About time this came out:

The Public Grouping system has received an update! The system now automatically sets the level range to correspond with the level of the content you are running:

In Heroic levels, the upper level boundary is now the instance level, and the lower boundary is the instance level minus three. So, a level 6 quest on elite (which is instance level 8) will always be open to levels 5-8, regardless of the level of the players in the group. This has an upper limit of 19.

In Epic levels, the lower level boundary is now 20 regardless of the quest CR. The upper level boundary is the instance level +2, due to Epic levels having an expanded Bravery Bonus range. So, a level 25 quest on Elite will now always be 20-29. This has an upper limit of 30.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Re: LFM fixed in new patch
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2021 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Now they just need to figure out how to get enough people playing to fill some LFMS....

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 2nd, 2021 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
I think it's probably the only thing that was fixed.  They appear to do no testing at all.  None.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 2nd, 2021 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
knockcocker wrote on Sep 2nd, 2021 at 7:07pm:
I think it's probably the only thing that was fixed.  They appear to do no testing at all.  None.

You're the tester.  Get to work, peon!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Sep 2nd, 2021 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Notanarc wrote on Sep 2nd, 2021 at 7:21pm:
You're the tester.  Get to work, peon!

The very concept of a QA cycle is lost on SSG.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Dragonborns H8
Korthos Resident

Thanks, but I don't need
your fan mail.

Reply #5 - Sep 2nd, 2021 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
Do you have to use Charon's old time card?  Or are you issued one in your "own name"?

Dragonborn wrote on Aug 24th, 2021 at 8:58am:
Think of yourselves as the sick, weak and old wildebeests that the Hyenas pick off as they shamble along following the herd.  If you’re a jew, a coon, a fag, a slope or any other type of human chum; your kind isn’t welcome here.

Count Dante wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 7:24pm:
Grand?  That guy’s as dumb as a box of Trumps.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #6 - Sep 3rd, 2021 at 6:33am
Print Post  
does this mean that the lfg list will now self populate the names of players?
does this mean that we can no longer make racist bugged lfgs?
does this mean no more weekly server restarts to clean the lfg tab? (and surely hundreds of permanent instances that fail to housekeep)

these are the only issues i remember in the lfg menu and i notice all of those things are absent from the op talking about lfg being fixed
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2021 at 6:34am by eighnuss »  

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 3rd, 2021 at 7:08am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/526662-Downtime-Notice-Thursday-Septem...)

Hilarious.  At least half the stuff they 'fixed' isn't.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #8 - Sep 3rd, 2021 at 7:23am
Print Post  
knockcocker wrote on Sep 3rd, 2021 at 7:08am:

these people deserve they game they play

Quote:
Funny a few years ago I tried to make you aware of this problem and you told me it is WAI even if you told us in a patch note that you removed this in a patch... And for the QOL change for the public lfm, also this is something I suggested already more than two years ago among other things for The Public Grouping.
Of course, I don't know if you got this idea later on your own (it's not rocket science after all) or if this was based on my suggestion.

Quote:
Thank you for accepting my suggestion about level range alignment for LFM

And this new suggestion may need some more Dev's time, but, it's worthy to consider.

Quote:
As I said, I suggested the level range thing already more than two years ago and I can ensure you I got that idea on my own.

i cant find the words to explain why this bothers me but i hate these people for it

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #9 - Sep 3rd, 2021 at 7:40am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 3rd, 2021 at 6:33am:
does this mean that the lfg list will now self populate the names of players?
does this mean no more weekly server restarts to clean the lfg tab? (and surely hundreds of permanent instances that fail to housekeep)

these are the only issues i remember in the lfg menu and i notice all of those things are absent from the op talking about lfg being fixed

lolno  Cheesy

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #10 - Sep 3rd, 2021 at 7:42am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 3rd, 2021 at 7:23am:
i cant find the words to explain why this bothers me but i hate these people for it

in a fair world these retards would be ashamed to speak up and claim credit for their stupid cunt ideas.

IP Logged

Dragonborns H8
Korthos Resident

Thanks, but I don't need
your fan mail.

Reply #11 - Sep 3rd, 2021 at 10:16am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 3rd, 2021 at 6:33am:

If you're not a PB, you need to be.  Wink

Dragonborn wrote on Aug 24th, 2021 at 8:58am:
Think of yourselves as the sick, weak and old wildebeests that the Hyenas pick off as they shamble along following the herd.  If you’re a jew, a coon, a fag, a slope or any other type of human chum; your kind isn’t welcome here.

Count Dante wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 7:24pm:
Grand?  That guy’s as dumb as a box of Trumps.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Sep 3rd, 2021 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 3rd, 2021 at 7:23am:

Did you really think SSG would ever give credit for an idea to a player? Or even to any 1 person? The only guy who ever gets soul credit for anything is the lead developer. At best you might get an "it was a team effort" player suggestions? Never.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #13 - Sep 3rd, 2021 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Sep 3rd, 2021 at 7:42am:
in a fair world these retards would be ashamed to speak up and claim credit for their stupid cunt ideas.

but its clear we live in the gay and retarded world. nolameo rushes in to prove this:

noamineo wrote on Sep 3rd, 2021 at 2:52pm:
Did you really think SSG would ever give credit for an idea to a player?

go back to reddit if u want upvotes and attention and internet credits

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #14 - Sep 3rd, 2021 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 3rd, 2021 at 8:43pm:
but its clear we live in the gay and retarded world. nolameo rushes in to prove this:

Harsh... but fair.  Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2021 at 9:02pm by Dragonborn »  

Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Sep 4th, 2021 at 3:38am
Print Post  

I don't. That was my point: don't expect credit from SSG.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #16 - Sep 4th, 2021 at 4:01am
Print Post  

noamineo wrote on Sep 4th, 2021 at 3:38am:

I'm starting to see why you couldn't get anyone here on the vault to give you a referral Noamineo, seems like a lot of them don't think all that highly of you... I'm starting to wonder if you really "are good with the Vault community" hahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2021 at 4:02am by Dragonborn »  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #17 - Sep 4th, 2021 at 7:44am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 4th, 2021 at 3:38am:

and why dont u explain to us why one should not expect credit

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #18 - Sep 4th, 2021 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 4th, 2021 at 7:44am:

Oooh, I'm going to break form and offer a little advice to my biggest fan/stan Nomoreo: The fewer words eighnuss uses in a post is directly proportional to the jeopardy of the target of said post, tread carefully you dumbfuk.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Sep 4th, 2021 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 4th, 2021 at 7:44am:

Because SSG is run by a bunch of self-centered narcissists.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #20 - Sep 5th, 2021 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 4th, 2021 at 4:42pm:

"self-centered narcissist"

Really? let me guess, you use a Personal Identification Number Number on the ATM.

Jokes aside, congrats on winding back the shit posts, sure most of your posts will always be shit (like above) but its good to see you reigning it in, makes my job easier and the Vault better for everyone reading it. 

Of course you are still making a last desultory attempt to run those socks of yours, but even they are slowing down and struggling to post as they veer off-task for the most part.

Am I going to say it's kind of pathetic that you can't even do that right? no! not at all Nomore! it's good in a way. Not good like you have learned anything, or don't still suck at the Vault... but good in the way that your ability to never do anything right or well means even your failures are easy to move past.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #21 - Sep 6th, 2021 at 6:45am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 4th, 2021 at 4:42pm:

so what u are saying is that, if SSG wasnt "self centered narcissists" then completely irrelevant clients victims of SSG like yourself would instead be showered with INTERNET CREDIT for your VALIANT EFFORTS POSTING IDEAS? and what exactly can we call this phenomenon where irrelevant retards are specifically focused on their personal need for praise and preoccupation for internet attention? what can we call this attitude where a person who did nothing for anyone, feels as if they are specifically the central cause for something unrelated to themselves, because they TYPED WORDS? what label can we use to identify a singular focus upon validating ones own contribution when no one but the contributor themself gives a single fuck?

nar·cis·sism
/ˈnärsəˌsizəm/
Learn to pronounce
noun
excessive interest in or admiration of oneself

self-cen·tered
/ˈˌself ˈsen(t)ərd/
adjective
preoccupied with oneself and one's affairs.

You ARE the self centered narcissist. your shitty forum posts mean nothing to anyone, you get no internet credits. you are not the starring role in SSG's sitcom. you are fucking popcorn. your ideas suck, your name is worthless, your ideas are unheard. to even consider for a fraction of time that some literal international entity owes you ANYTHING is the definition of self centered narcissism. no one cares about you, except you. but here u and your ilk are, claiming that those who DO NOT GIVE YOU THE EMOTIONAL GRATIFICATION you seek are mentally ill. here are you and your peers claiming that a business which does not specifically consider YOU AND YOUR NEEDS is morally deficit.

the only narcissism and self centering taking place here is from losers like you who expect praise for POSTING on shithole forums.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #22 - Sep 6th, 2021 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 6th, 2021 at 6:45am:
victims of SSG like yourself

...when did I ever suggest that SSG owed me anything? I ain't done SHIT for them. You were the one complaining about SSG not giving you credit for your apparently amazing ideas that they stole. You asked me to explain why.

Don't like my explanation?

Fine.

Talking to you is still more entertaining than that shithead sock dragonborn.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #23 - Sep 6th, 2021 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 6th, 2021 at 2:05pm:
...when did I ever suggest that SSG owed anyone anything?

Did you really think SSG would ever give credit for an idea to a player? Or even to any 1 person? The only guy who ever gets soul credit for anything is the lead developer. At best you might get an "it was a team effort"

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #24 - Sep 6th, 2021 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Did you really think SSG would ever give credit for an idea to a player? Or even to any 1 person? The only guy who ever gets soul credit for anything is the lead developer. At best you might get an "it was a team effort" player suggestions? Never.

Are you more stupid than I thought?

Eighnuss wasn't complaining about SSG in that post. Way to miss the whole fucking point.

He hates the retards who jumped in to claim credit for a mildly beneficial LFM change post-factum.

"these people deserve the game they play"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint