Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) quit playing this game (Read 12466 times)
eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

quit playing this game
Sep 13th, 2021 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
this thread is to inspire you to quit playing ddo cause it fucking sucks

if u were inspired to finally uninstall this garbage cause of this post, feel free to reply below

« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2021 at 7:11pm by eighnuss »  

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: quit playing this game
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2021 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
What's changed?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2021 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Mmm, two paid expansions two updates apart did it for me, but we can pretend you had influence over me if you want. I'm easy like that.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2021 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Bobbicus wrote on Sep 13th, 2021 at 7:51pm:
Mmm, two paid expansions two updates apart did it for me, but we can pretend you had influence over me if you want. I'm easy like that.

its not about who had the influence, only that influence was successful

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2021 at 4:32am
Print Post  
U50 did it for me along with a certain devs stupid attitude in the face of their own incompetence - three fucking patches to still NOT fix
something (Favoured Weapons) and the constant bragging.  Then Steel's bragging post about how well they were doing with their patch
release schedule and how much they were fixing.  A) Don't list something as fixed if it's not fucking fixed B) Listing stuff as 'fixed' which
you claimed was fixed in the previous patch and which is still NOT fixed is something one should be EMBARRASSED about not crowing
about.  Of course, you had the usual simps queuing up to give him a rim job.

My sub runs out in December and then that's it.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2021 at 4:33am by knockcocker »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #5 - Sep 14th, 2021 at 7:05am
Print Post  
Shan't.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 14th, 2021 at 11:20am
Print Post  
I haven't given a single penny to Turbine/SSG in... I think 6 years now, and I'm proud of the fact. They've proven time and time again that they're not a business worth supporting.

Plenty of great indie studios I'd rather support instead anyway. I've been having a lot of fun with single player strategy RPGS these days.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 14th, 2021 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Aye. They got me to preorder Underdark back when they didn't 100% suck, and then it turned out that Underdark just wasn't worth the price point to me. Mind you, we were still talking three chains, all that side stuff, those huge explorer zones, a class, the challenge pack, and yadda yadda yadda, but it felt piddly for $50, and that was the last time they got a red cent out of me. The modern offerings are utterly laughable compared to the last time they had money.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Sep 14th, 2021 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Bobbicus wrote on Sep 14th, 2021 at 11:33am:
Aye. They got me to preorder Underdark back when they didn't 100% suck, and then it turned out that Underdark just wasn't worth the price point to me. Mind you, we were still talking three chains, all that side stuff, those huge explorer zones, a class, the challenge pack, and yadda yadda yadda, but it felt piddly for $50, and that was the last time they got a red cent out of me. The modern offerings are utterly laughable compared to the last time they had money.

You thought Underdark wasn't worth $50? I mean yeah it wasn't worth the $150 or so of the deluxe edition but there was certainly plenty of content. I was a bit disappointed by it for many other reasons(fuck that flagging mechanic). But $50 is about what you pay for a new AAA game these days and I would say Underdark matched up to those.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 14th, 2021 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Nah. It was about 40% of what I'd expect for $50, at best. When you factor in what it destroyed to create itself, it was a net negative for the game, but that's another whole can of worms.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Sep 14th, 2021 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Bobbicus wrote on Sep 14th, 2021 at 3:28pm:
When you factor in what it destroyed to create itself, it was a net negative for the game, but that's another whole can of worms.

This part is a 100% fair assessment.

Bobbicus wrote on Sep 14th, 2021 at 3:28pm:
Nah. It was about 40% of what I'd expect for $50, at best.

This part not so much. Not considering the damage MOTU did to the game, if you look at the play-time, difficulty at release, and quality of just the content - it is easily on par with any contemporary AAA game. This is a purely subjective assessment. We now know the loot was crap, the quests weren't great, and taking DnD past lvl 20 was a terrible idea. Hindsight is 20/20, but foresight is full of cliches.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #11 - Sep 14th, 2021 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
So what did Underdark ruin to make itself?

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Sep 14th, 2021 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Mattyo wrote on Sep 14th, 2021 at 5:18pm:

It was more epic destinies being utterly broken beyond reason.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Sep 14th, 2021 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Mattyo wrote on Sep 14th, 2021 at 5:18pm:

It advanced the character lvl past 20 and the EDs were broken as shit.

Now I don't think the Vault community has ever really given MOTU a fair shake. Most of us tend to refer to "Pre MOTU" as DDO's glory days, and I don't disagree.

But If they had kept cap at 25, with EDs only accessible at 20, not added any sort of epic reincarnation, and just focused on making all content challenging/interesting/rewarding in the epic levels - it could have been pretty great. It gave the game an actual end-game and something else to do after hitting 20 where you could still provide some sense of progression while you got ready for your next heroic TR. I know I'm not winning any popularity contests by saying this, but I actually think the time immediately post-MOTU was the best time for the game.

The tipping point down shit-creek started when the cap increased to 28 and epic reincarnation was introduced - effectively splitting DDO into 2 separate games. Then along came Reaper, which split it into at least 9 separate games. All of this came about as player populations were steadily decreasing, and every change since has been unpopular with at least some group.

IP Logged

AVX
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Sep 14th, 2021 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 14th, 2021 at 5:35pm:
The tipping point down shit-creek started when the cap increased to 28 and epic reincarnation was introduced - effectively splitting DDO into 2 separate games. Then along came Reaper, which split it into at least 9 separate games. All of this came about as player populations were steadily decreasing, and every change since has been unpopular with at least some group.

I agree with you, more so about Reaper. Reaper changed the game entirely from anything it used to be into a Warcraft/Diablo clone wannabe. Reaper also created an elitism, which blows my mind. Imagine how fucking shit your life must be if you put on airs about being elite in DDO? Elite in DDO is about as prestigious as being a top tier yelp reviewer.

In all honesty, the ability to mindlessly farm reaper points removed actual play skill from the game and replaced it with "Features". I would love to see them take away reaper in raids and let EE be top difficulity. I am sure a few could cope but 98% of raiders would fall on their faces.

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Sep 15th, 2021 at 5:19am
Print Post  
AVX wrote on Sep 14th, 2021 at 11:50pm:
I agree with you, more so about Reaper. Reaper changed the game entirely from anything it used to be into a Warcraft/Diablo clone wannabe. Reaper also created an elitism, which blows my mind. Imagine how fucking shit your life must be if you put on airs about being elite in DDO? Elite in DDO is about as prestigious as being a top tier yelp reviewer.

In all honesty, the ability to mindlessly farm reaper points removed actual play skill from the game and replaced it with "Features". I would love to see them take away reaper in raids and let EE be top difficulity. I am sure a few could cope but 98% of raiders would fall on their faces.

Yes, Reaper is totally dumb.  What was mooted as a 'challenge difficulty' is
just a new level of rewards.  Give it the same XP and rewards as Elite and
remove Reaper trees.  Let's see how many people really wanted a challenge
difficulty.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Sep 15th, 2021 at 11:25am
Print Post  
When was Epic Reincarnation introduced? I'd say that was probably the biggest thing that cleft DDO into two games. Reaper, as most of us agree, was terrible too.

IMO the best part of DDO is still just screwing around in heroics. I like trying out different builds, instead of grinding at cap for stuff that's going to get powercrept anyway. But with the dwindling population + reaper + epic grind + legendary grind, there's hardly anyone to group with these days. Most of the guys I used to group with have quit, too. It's been like that for years now and it's only going to get worse.

Well, I'll get back to playing Berwick Saga now.

IP Logged

The Grandest of Fellows
Titan Demolisher

Hail Friends!

Reply #17 - Sep 15th, 2021 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Lets be honest, reaper was introduced to create new content out of old content without the labor costs. It wasn't for challenge.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Sep 15th, 2021 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 14th, 2021 at 3:50pm:
This part is a 100% fair assessment.

This part not so much. Not considering the damage MOTU did to the game, if you look at the play-time, difficulty at release, and quality of just the content - it is easily on par with any contemporary AAA game. This is a purely subjective assessment. We now know the loot was crap, the quests weren't great, and taking DnD past lvl 20 was a terrible idea. Hindsight is 20/20, but foresight is full of cliches.

Well, I mean, yeah, the first part's totally an opinion, and I'm an enormous cheapass, so I ask a lot for my money.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Sep 15th, 2021 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 14th, 2021 at 5:35pm:
It advanced the character lvl past 20 and the EDs were broken as shit.

Now I don't think the Vault community has ever really given MOTU a fair shake. Most of us tend to refer to "Pre MOTU" as DDO's glory days, and I don't disagree.

But If they had kept cap at 25, with EDs only accessible at 20, not added any sort of epic reincarnation, and just focused on making all content challenging/interesting/rewarding in the epic levels - it could have been pretty great. It gave the game an actual end-game and something else to do after hitting 20 where you could still provide some sense of progression while you got ready for your next heroic TR. I know I'm not winning any popularity contests by saying this, but I actually think the time immediately post-MOTU was the best time for the game.

Multiple tipping points in rapid succession.

Druid's Deep was supposed to be a raid. They reneged. Playerbase took a nosedive very quickly because the update to cement the expansion was a forgettable flop. High Road was better, much better, but still the same problem in a nutshell.

Epic Gianthold was what 25 needed to be successful, and the N/H/E loot scheme helped to create items that people paid literal 5000-point codes to acquire from somebody else.

Then the level 28 cap hit, powercreep hit harder than the last expansion, and the Great Ghostbaning totally invalidated one of those $50 point code items (Dream Visor). The gear tetris powergamer playerbase never quite got back to being as reckless with their money ever again. Trust had been annihilated.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Sep 15th, 2021 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
AVX wrote on Sep 14th, 2021 at 11:50pm:

The effect Reaper had on build-diversity is what really ruined the game for me. Beforehand you obviously had some top DPS builds, but you also had people constantly theory-crafting fun, niche builds. It was great. You could start with a stupid concept("what if I want to play a centered monk with a greatsword?") build, optomize around it, and do something really fun. I did all my heroic lives pre-reaper and had just a never-ending blast playing something different every life.

Reaper changed things to "what is the best/only effective build for X level of Reaper". And that was that. No more theory-crafting, no more ridiculous niche builds, just whats good in reaper and everything else is crap.

The Grandest of Fellows wrote on Sep 15th, 2021 at 11:36am:
Lets be honest, reaper was introduced to create new content out of old content without the labor costs. It wasn't for challenge.

Technically speaking this is what all forms of TR and epic forms of heroic quests are, too, so its not exactly out of left-field. Absolutely correct, though.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #21 - Sep 15th, 2021 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Bobbicus wrote on Sep 15th, 2021 at 12:11pm:
and I'm an enormous cheapass, so I ask a lot for my money.

That's fair.

Bobbicus wrote on Sep 15th, 2021 at 12:15pm:
Multiple tipping points in rapid succession.

Druid's Deep was supposed to be a raid. They reneged. Playerbase took a nosedive very quickly because the update to cement the expansion was a forgettable flop. High Road was better, much better, but still the same problem in a nutshell.

Epic Gianthold was what 25 needed to be successful, and the N/H/E loot scheme helped to create items that people paid literal 5000-point codes to acquire from somebody else.

Then the level 28 cap hit, powercreep hit harder than the last expansion, and the Great Ghostbaning totally invalidated one of those $50 point code items (Dream Visor). The gear tetris powergamer playerbase never quite got back to being as reckless with their money ever again. Trust had been annihilated.

Multiple tipping points but I still maintain the real one was the jump from 25 to 28, + epic reincarnation. The Great Ghostbaning was definitely a crapfest, but the game could have recovered. Frankly anyone spending $50 on a virtual item in a video game deserves what they get(*cough* he said, after spending hundreds on boxes...*cough*).

A cap at 25 with no epic reincarnation IF they also went back to the philosophy of making items for TR would have made for a fucking awesome game. My ideal version of DDO caps all item MLs at 20(but the best items come from high-diff lv25 raids), and an emphasis being like OG heroic shroud - where the goal is to collect items for TR.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #22 - Sep 15th, 2021 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 13th, 2021 at 7:10pm:
this thread is to inspire you to quit playing ddo cause it fucking sucks

if u were inspired to finally uninstall this garbage cause of this post, feel free to reply below

https://i.imgur.com/2jdEXCw.jpg

I've stopped but just to be clear... You're not my supervisor!

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #23 - Sep 15th, 2021 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
And just when you think you can drop FOM and your blindness immunity, saltmarsh brings em both back. So retro.

IP Logged

Spandex
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Sep 15th, 2021 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
The Grandest of Fellows wrote on Sep 15th, 2021 at 11:36am:

The entire game is based on this, past lives, old raids made new, the new augment system. Every way to squeeze as much out of the old content as possible. Get use running the same old shit.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint