Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) quit playing this game (Read 12482 times)
Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Re: quit playing this game
Reply #50 - Sep 22nd, 2021 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Bobbicus wrote on Sep 21st, 2021 at 4:40pm:
Oh, she's been retired for a decade at this point, if she followed her plan.

I was part of her... 32nd year, and that was 17 years ago.

She always said she was going to 35 for the massive boost to her pension.

Sounds hot.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Sep 23rd, 2021 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Nothing but respect for her

IP Logged

johnnyonthespot
Korthos Resident

I Do Cocaine

Reply #52 - Oct 5th, 2021 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
It was Saltmarsh for me, I just couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't give them another dime.

ED revamp wasn't even enough to keep me interested. Maybe I'll re-visit in a few years.
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2021 at 2:19pm by johnnyonthespot »  

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Oct 5th, 2021 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
That's more positive than most people regarding this game.

That said, you're probably right?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #54 - Oct 5th, 2021 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Will be interesting to see how the game fairs, given how many people are quitting in droves.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Oct 5th, 2021 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Eh, they did another free quests code for LOTRO. I think it's likely they do that shit for DDO when they push for level 32, and that'll buy the game another 18 months.

It'll be here.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #56 - Oct 5th, 2021 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Bobbicus wrote on Oct 5th, 2021 at 8:25pm:
Eh, they did another free quests code for LOTRO. I think it's likely they do that shit for DDO when they push for level 32, and that'll buy the game another 18 months.

It'll be here.

If not for the catastrophic shitfest they just forced us through, the game might have had another 10 years. I give it 18 till maintenance mode and then 2 before they shut the lights off completely. Since we now know SSG is wholly-owned by EG7, at least we don't have to worry about them going bankrupt.

It'd be neat to watch Eg7 come in and clean house. Just fire everyone, bring in an entirely new team, and just try and salvage the game. They probably don't have the rights to make "DDO2", but there's a lot that could be done to breath new life into the current game.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #57 - Oct 5th, 2021 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 5th, 2021 at 9:03pm:
If not for the catastrophic shitfest they just forced us through, the game might have had another 10 years. I give it 18 till maintenance mode and then 2 before they shut the lights off completely. Since we now know SSG is wholly-owned by EG7, at least we don't have to worry about them going bankrupt.

It'd be neat to watch Eg7 come in and clean house. Just fire everyone, bring in an entirely new team, and just try and salvage the game. They probably don't have the rights to make "DDO2", but there's a lot that could be done to breath new life into the current game.

OMG... just when we think your fanfic can't get any more lame,  it does, banal and lame. This tripe makes your lastest empty-headed wank-fest of a "super special private server we all can play and love each other" sound like Hemmingway.

Kill yourself... or better yet have someone else do it, so you are the source of joy for once in your pathetic life little mister wanna-belong.
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2021 at 11:50pm by Dragonborn »  

Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Oct 6th, 2021 at 2:25am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 5th, 2021 at 9:03pm:

Dude, a daybreak fuckhead is interim CEO right now.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #59 - Oct 6th, 2021 at 2:28am
Print Post  
LMAO!

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Oct 6th, 2021 at 5:09am
Print Post  
The more things change, amirite?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #61 - Oct 6th, 2021 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
The Vault definitely doesn't stay the same.

IP Logged

Legato
Titan Demolisher

I fart in your general
direction!

Reply #62 - Oct 15th, 2021 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Its impressive people are still playing this game.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 12:44am
Print Post  
The fact that the free quests coupon is barely overcoming the downward slope for U51's impending arrival is really, really telling.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 2:42am
Print Post  
There are still plenty of arsehats on reddit and the mobo defending 51.

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 4:09am
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Oct 16th, 2021 at 2:42am:
There are still plenty of arsehats on reddit and the mobo defending 51.

Yeah, Marshall Lannes and Donblas particularly.  'My first life L20 will have points
to spend, he doesn't now, therefore the new system is better'.  Whatever;
they're ending up with the players they deserve.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #66 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
knockcocker wrote on Oct 16th, 2021 at 4:09am:
Yeah, Marshall Lannes and Donblas particularly.  'My first life L20 will have points
to spend, he doesn't now, therefore the new system is better'.  Whatever;
they're ending up with the players they deserve.

Does his first live level twenty spend big bucks? That seems to be all the devs care about.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #67 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
knockcocker wrote on Oct 16th, 2021 at 4:09am:
to spend, he doesn't now, therefore the new system is better'. 

Also being ignored but that retard: your first life level 20 will now have points to spend, but nothing remotely worthwhile to spend them ON.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
So I had a first life iconic at L21 join me in a Thundeholme slayers group. He seemed quite dismayed that he could not kill a skeleton and had to kite the pack around till I finished my lunch.
Expectations seem to have become detached from reality and I don't think it will be much fun for most of this lot once 51 drops.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #69 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Oct 16th, 2021 at 4:19pm:
So I had a first life iconic at L21 join me in a Thundeholme slayers group. He seemed quite dismayed that he could not kill a skeleton and had to kite the pack around till I finished my lunch.
Expectations seem to have become detached from reality and I don't think it will be much fun for most of this lot once 51 drops.

...was he legitimately a new player or some shit? But yes, the days of joining Thunderholme slayers at 21 and expecting to do anything are numbered.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 17th, 2021 at 1:44pm:
...was he legitimately a new player or some shit? But yes, the days of joining Thunderholme slayers at 21 and expecting to do anything are numbered.

New player. He was genuinely surprised and had been mislead by the level range put in the lfm. I love a new guy. Enthusiastic, energetic, clueless.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #71 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Oct 17th, 2021 at 5:23pm:
New player. He was genuinely surprised and had been mislead by the level range put in the lfm. I love a new guy. Enthusiastic, energetic, clueless.

He's got a reasonable excuse, then. How else was he supposed to know, right?

IP Logged

stupiduserid
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Nov 1st, 2021 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
I see a lot of people trying to struggle around justifying expansion packs for this game. I'll do a quick breakdown of why asking anything more than $15-20 for an expac is a complete ripoff. average amount of quests added to the game is ~9 for an expac. How they design the quests are to be completed in average 15 minute intervals. So you're getting a little more than 2 hours of new actual content to play through for your $40+. All of this is padded with excessive grinding to get whatever new items that you want, which isn't really content that they put effort into. This, for something that is going to take two to three months to bugfix all of the shortsighted changes implemented when they rushed it out to keep the whales' wallets open because their sole methodology of keeping the lights on is predatory mobile game tactics of low effort content releases and maximizing it with a pay to not play and loot box strat. Measure that against their inability to keep the game playable with shoddy servers and broken code and the only rational reason that people keep playing this game is because either they don't want to lose the community they have left or they are hopelessly addicted to the low effort gameplay and don't know any better way to get their dopamine fix. TL:DR SSG is ripping their player base off with a gross scam they call a game, and some motherfuckers really need to touch grass.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #73 - Nov 3rd, 2021 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
U51 did it for me.  Fuck this game.

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!