Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Strange Choices in Item Design Episode 11: The Changestone (Read 1576 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Strange Choices in Item Design Episode 11: The Changestone
Dec 2nd, 2021 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:The_Changestone

Someone explain to me why this is not the stupidest item in DDO history?

Its BtCoE - so can't be passed to a character who can actually use it
It has 4 different randomly applied abilities - virtually guaranteeing there will be overlap
Did we already say random? - the odds of getting 4 matching affixes that work for your character are virtually 0.

Am I missing something? This seems like a very expensive meal for your sentient items.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Re: Strange Choices in Item Design Episode 11: The Changestone
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2021 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Nope, this isn't what it's meant to do. This is meant to reward flexibility.

Sure you can do the dipshit usecase where you grind the specific one you want, but you're missing out here.

This item design is actually good, benefitting multiple builds but you can only really enjoy it if your build has some flexibility.

Let's say your build is missing str, con, deadly, seeker and a bunch of augment slots, and you have 2 gear slots.

If you have a slavers piece in one of them you can farm for a a flexible set of changestones. The bonuses themselves are really really good, as well as the set.

That brings up your chances from 1/(6*3*3*3) to (2*2)/(6*3), which is 1 in 4 changestones.

While you farm, you can get a changestone that partially fits, a legendary bloodstone or something to that effect.

You know what's dumb? Dumping threads on gem of facets. That thing has no flexibility if you wanna get value, and the chance is stupid.
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2021 at 7:25pm by Linker »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2021 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Dec 2nd, 2021 at 7:22pm:
You know what's dumb? Dumping threads on gem of facets. That thing has no flexibility if you wanna get value, and the chance is stupid.

I will be the first to agree that was dumb.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #3 - Dec 3rd, 2021 at 6:22am
Print Post  
i cant speak to the power creep or lack thereof because i havent paid attention to the game for some years but this item looks not only like ddo embodied but debatably usable in certain cases.

the developers suck ass and the game also does so the only form of content they are able to create is repetitious RNG grinds where u do a thing 1000 times to get 4 seperate variables to all land on whatever is your characters JACKPOT symbol on the rng slot machine.

speed 30 used to be available at level 1
unsure if another item grants deadly 16 or the few conceivable permutations that might b useful, but if not then this could be useful to some
also unsure if previous best in slot trinkets or other enhancements that are only available on trinket would make this unconsiderable
unsure where +13 lies on the scale of stat enhancements but i feel like i remember having +15 on shit- again years ago.

its a shit item but i absolutely would never say it is the STUPIDEST item in DDO HISTORY. i know there is completely redundant and useless shit that i cannot remember any more. how about the fuckign dowsing rod whos only saving grave was a plat 'exploit' if u can call a retarded oversight an exploit where is your shitty thread on that item?

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #4 - Dec 3rd, 2021 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Dec 2nd, 2021 at 7:22pm:

Are you smoking crack? A trinket that works for two set bonuses, most which are decent, and it craftable. You can put a grand total of 3 trinket slot effects on there.

I'd argue it's a lot more flexible than the changestone.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #5 - Dec 3rd, 2021 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Dec 3rd, 2021 at 9:20am:
Are you smoking crack? A trinket that works for two set bonuses, most which are decent, and it craftable. You can put a grand total of 3 trinket slot effects on there.

I'd argue it's a lot more flexible than the changestone.

Holy fuck you'll make me reinstall skype with that level of not recieving a message - there was a condition there, im saying if you want to get value. If I want flexibility fuck endgame sets, I'd go straight to your mother.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #6 - Dec 3rd, 2021 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Dec 3rd, 2021 at 1:57pm:
Holy fuck you'll make me reinstall skype with that level of not recieving a message

God damn I'm not going to lie that one was good.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint