Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Has anyone had luck getting support to restore missing stuff? (Read 3184 times)
ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Has anyone had luck getting support to restore missing stuff?
Jan 1st, 2022 at 11:54am
Print Post  
As title? I suspect they are probably going to ignore me or demand proof that is impossible for me to give instead of checking their database records...

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Re: Has anyone had luck getting support to restore missing stuff?
Reply #1 - Jan 1st, 2022 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Jan 1st, 2022 at 11:54am:
As title? I suspect they are probably going to ignore me or demand proof that is impossible for me to give instead of checking their database records...

There’s no part of SSG’s business model that’s not an absolute clusterfuck of stupid crashing head on into laziness.  That said, the absolute worst of their continuous train derailments is their practically non-existent customer service. 

Expect a long wait before those lazy fucktards suddenly close your ticket cuz you weren’t online.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #2 - Jan 1st, 2022 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
checking their database records

What records ?

Do you really expect them to have records ?

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jan 1st, 2022 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
I had some missing enhancement trees after a tr that I had earned as favor rewards.
Took a couple of weeks to get them back.
My rage levels were high as one of them was on sale, but they subsided to the usual levels once the trees in question were returned.
They were however returned by CS without any follow up questions.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jan 1st, 2022 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 1st, 2022 at 3:15pm:
What records ?

Do you really expect them to have records ?

They apparently have enough records to mass ban people for things like duping or exploiting...and i think they have given some lucky ones stuff when they lost them during TR? I remember there were a few high profile cases.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Jan 1st, 2022 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
I have but not good luck and not recently.

Basically they will restore max 4 items and expect it to take 3-4 months for them to follow through. You have to go through the offline support(I think the account page?) and NOT in-game support, that will get you nowhere.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #6 - Jan 1st, 2022 at 10:35pm
Print Post  

Database records?! HA HA HA HA..man I needed a good laugh to start the new year!! I am almost crying, hold on..okay..forget it man  Grin

IP Logged

Magneto
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jan 3rd, 2022 at 6:58am
Print Post  
My lost supreme +8 tome needed 5 weeks to fix. I sendt 4 tickets. They was marked as solved becaue same theme. Finally it came back per mailbox without any text.
But im happy it came back.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Jan 3rd, 2022 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Jan 1st, 2022 at 9:48pm:
They apparently have enough records to mass ban people for things like duping or exploiting...and i think they have given some lucky ones stuff when they lost them during TR? I remember there were a few high profile cases.

They don't mass-ban people based on records, they do it based on reporting. With a healthy dose of favoritism.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #9 - Jan 4th, 2022 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 3rd, 2022 at 12:09pm:
They don't mass-ban people based on records, they do it based on reporting. With a healthy dose of favoritism.

Well, not anymore.  At least not with the automatic system. 

Mainly because their detection scripts for "bannable offenses" was also not particularly accurate.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jan 4th, 2022 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 3rd, 2022 at 12:09pm:

How are people reporting people for duping ottos? How would they even know, unless someone goes around telling people "hey, i dupe ottos, screenshot this and report me to SSG plz"?

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #11 - Jan 5th, 2022 at 6:37am
Print Post  
You have no idea how often that happens.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #12 - Jan 5th, 2022 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Jan 1st, 2022 at 9:48pm:

They don't do mass-bannings, haven't been any in over a decade, it is merely a delightful bedtime story to scare peeps.

Much like the ballyhooed 'Ban-wave' people were screaming about in hopes of being taken seriously and knowledgable in 2020, the 'Ban-wave' never eventuated and the attention seekers moved on to other subjects.   

« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2022 at 7:59pm by Dragonborn »  

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Jan 5th, 2022 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Jan 4th, 2022 at 9:46pm:
How are people reporting people for duping ottos? How would they even know, unless someone goes around telling people "hey, i dupe ottos, screenshot this and report me to SSG plz"?

Basically that. Also that guy advertising in the LFMs, and some other stuff. I can share what I know by PM if interested.

IP Logged

Darcat
DQ Assaulter

BEEFCAKE!!

Reply #14 - Jan 12th, 2022 at 10:09am
Print Post  
their customer support is very good if you are direct and concise...

dont over work their brain...

keep it simple stupid.

Yes theyve always replaced or restored stuff for me...

this over 15yrs... and like they do ok.

Wink

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jan 12th, 2022 at 11:35am
Print Post  
Darcat wrote on Jan 12th, 2022 at 10:09am:
their customer support is very good if you are direct and concise...

dont over work their brain...

keep it simple stupid.

Yes theyve always replaced or restored stuff for me...

this over 15yrs... and like they do ok.

Wink

My experience with customer support for ingame stuff has been pretty poor. They dont seem to know what to do if it involves something in the game itself as opposed to account issues and just keep closing your ticket or trying to get you to file an ingame ticket instead.

But if im not wrong, the ingame ticket system has been replaced and there is only the website ticket system now? The ingame ticket system was useless anyway, the GMs would just wait till you are offline before instantly closing your ticket with the excuse that you were offline and uncontactable...

12 days since I filed a ticket on the website regarding my missing stuff and no response by the way.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2022 at 11:37am by ManyCookies »  

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #16 - Jan 12th, 2022 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Darcat wrote on Jan 12th, 2022 at 10:09am:
if you are direct and concise...

So you have someone else write your support requests?  Smiley

ManyCookies wrote on Jan 12th, 2022 at 11:35am:
But if im not wrong, the ingame ticket system has been replaced and there is only the website ticket system now?

Someone said the ingame select a character and report option is gone now.  IDK, never used it.  So prob right, they making one system, make it harder to use, and viola ticket volume to down.  These asshats are solely metric driven.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Jan 12th, 2022 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Jan 12th, 2022 at 1:52pm:
Someone said the ingame select a character and report option is gone now.  IDK, never used it.  So prob right, they making one system, make it harder to use, and viola ticket volume to down.  These asshats are solely metric driven.

Most support organizations are primarily metric-driven. The difference is other systems are attached to products with avenues of feedback. I work in a support organization and if I did as SSG support does, I would be fired so fast.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jan 13th, 2022 at 12:17am
Print Post  
Yea, SSG support kind of reminds me of how Nexon NA support used to be. Their support was so bad that you could file a ticket and they would close it more than a year later stating their ticket backlog was too big and tell you to file another ticket if it was still an issue.

They got a new CEO at some point and he kicked their asses into gear though, now they have to respond within 3 working days IIRC. Also implemented a live chat function so you could talk to a GM in real time.

I remember reading glass door reviews and Nexon NA at the time was slacking off so much that you could show up several hours late for work and nobody would care, along with a lot of other dumb shit. Pretty sure SSG support is doing the same shit.

SSG needs someone to come in and kick their asses into gear.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Jan 13th, 2022 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Jan 13th, 2022 at 12:17am:
Yea, SSG support kind of reminds me of how Nexon NA support used to be. Their support was so bad that you could file a ticket and they would close it more than a year later stating their ticket backlog was too big and tell you to file another ticket if it was still an issue.

They got a new CEO at some point and he kicked their asses into gear though, now they have to respond within 3 working days IIRC. Also implemented a live chat function so you could talk to a GM in real time.

I remember reading glass door reviews and Nexon NA at the time was slacking off so much that you could show up several hours late for work and nobody would care, along with a lot of other dumb shit. Pretty sure SSG support is doing the same shit.

SSG needs someone to come in and kick their asses into gear.

I believe SSG's support is entirely outsourced. That's part of why actually getting anything fixed is so impossible - it requires someone from the 3rd party support company to make someone working for SSG do something that's not their job.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint