Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Reaper crafting - Lynn is a pussy (Read 4334 times)
Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reaper crafting - Lynn is a pussy
Jan 6th, 2022 at 8:57am
Print Post  
A complete garbage system, which is not working properly (no surprises there) and riddled with confusion. No one has a clear idea how it works, how many fragments the items are supposed to give and even discord fanbois couldn't defend - which shows how bad the whole fuckery is.

Then Lynnabel steps in and says: You can ignore the system if you don't like it. Fcking pussy rockstars cant handle the truth their shitty system sucks  Angry

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Reaper crafting - Lynn is a pussy
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2022 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Must be nice to have a job where you can tell your customers to go pound sand if they dont like it.

I can't think of many industries where the response isn't :How can we make this better for you" other than the gaming industry.

I learned customer service at KFC at my first job when I was 16. Maybe these guys need to go sling some chicken out a drive thru for awhile to remind them.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2022 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Hardcore_Girl wrote on Jan 6th, 2022 at 8:57am:
even discord fanbois couldn't defend -

Then Lynnabel steps in and says: You can ignore the system if you don't like it. Fcking pussy rockstars cant handle the truth their shitty system sucks  Angry

Given that Lynnabel only seems to use discord and the mobo now, their appearances on reddit seem to have dwindled to nought, it would appear safe to assume that their response was made in one of those two locations.

Those are their safe spaces. They can say whatever they want without fear of criticism. They are warm and nurturing environments where their ideas and quirks are cherished.

I think it is fair to say that expectations for reaper crafting, including yours, were unrealistic. Now if it were part of a paid expansion, well...

« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2022 at 1:45pm by Shinyshoes »  

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2022 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
It’s like the only requirement needed to do Lyn’s job is to be a fully prolapsed, crab infested asshole.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2022 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
"lynn is a pussy..."

Well you are what ya eat.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Jan 6th, 2022 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Jan 6th, 2022 at 1:45pm:
I think it is fair to say that expectations for reaper crafting

I really did expect the absolute worst from Reaper crafting and STILL got let down. It was kind of amazing to see something that utterly bad.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #6 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Jan 6th, 2022 at 1:45pm:
I think it is fair to say that expectations for reaper crafting, including yours, were unrealistic.

I was totally expecting a worse system - something like trade 50 million Rxp for power boosts and 100 million Rxp for helm stat. But this one is even worse than everyone's worse expectations  Grin

Make no mistake - she wants to squeeze the whales of even more Astral shards after Nebula episode and has now come up with this design: Re-roll reaper chests to get reaper items to add boosts.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Why is it every passing update feels more and more like its aimed at the whales?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 2:36pm:
Why is it every passing update feels more and more like its aimed at the whales?

Cause you aren't spending enough, high roller!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 2:40pm:
Cause you aren't spending enough, high roller!

I can't help it if their game is so shitty I can't bring myself to spend any more money on it!

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 2:42pm:
I can't help it if their game is so shitty I can't bring myself to spend any more money on it!

Well, you may have to if you want the new content. I suspect the days of adventure packs may have passed and the era of expansions has well and truly arrived.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 2:45pm:
Well, you may have to if you want the new content. I suspect the days of adventure packs may have passed and the era of expansions has well and truly arrived.

To be fair SSG is kind of slow in arriving at this point. OG EverQuest is on track to become one of the longest-running MMOs in history by virtue of releasing a new expansion once or twice a year. Its a proven strategy.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Hardcore_Girl wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 9:02am:
I was totally expecting a worse system - something like trade 50 million Rxp for power boosts and 100 million Rxp for helm stat. But this one is even worse than everyone's worse expectations  Grin

This a cute idea but means the one per centers who have continued farming rxp long after they filled their trees would just be able to craft whatever they wanted.
No new sales there, just free gifts.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 2:48pm:
To be fair SSG is kind of slow in arriving at this point. OG EverQuest is on track to become one of the longest-running MMOs in history by virtue of releasing a new expansion once or twice a year. Its a proven strategy.

Are you sure it has not been one a year since Ravenloft, because it seems like it has.... Ravenloft, Sharn, Feywild, Saltmarsh, Isle of Dread...
Mmmm is this a trend I see before me?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 2:52pm:
Are you sure it has not been one a year since Ravenloft, because it seems like it has.... Ravenloft, Sharn, Feywild, Saltmarsh, Isle of Dread...
Mmmm is this a trend I see before me?

...Ravenloft was like 4 or 5 years ago.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 4:33pm:
...Ravenloft was like 4 or 5 years ago.

FFS, do I have to count it out as well?

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #16 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Ravenloft: 12/6/17

Sharn: 5/14/19 

Feywild: 11/5/20

Isle of Dread: spring of 2022.

All the true expansions since Ravenloft have been roughly 18 months apart, so I asssume the next expansion after IoD will drop Nov/Dec 2023.

Btw, that dumbfuck “paid mini-expansion that should be free to VIPs” Saltmarsh bullshit isn’t part of that timeline simply for being the piece of shit rip off that it is.
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2022 at 6:32pm by Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz »  

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #17 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 6:23pm:
Isle of Dread: spring of 2022.

Is this a sure timeframe?  I heard rumors Feb.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #18 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
hmm, yet another crafting system that is unrelated to any of the previous other crafting system ?

And to think that I tried to sell them a crafting system that used everything available ( at that time ) when I was in the first PC in one single system that could adapt to new things easily/

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 7:29pm:
And to think that I tried to sell them a crafting system that used everything available ( at that time ) when I was in the first PC in one single system that could adapt to new things easily/

The general response to this concept is that they "don't want to introduce a system that would benefit veteran players" IE by allowing you to use previously-obtained matts. It is fucking ridiculous that they think this way but are clearly never going to change their minds.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jan 8th, 2022 at 1:23am
Print Post  
It would have been nice if they used the development time for this new reaper crafting system to, i dont know, fix some bugs maybe?

I bet they just wanted a shiny new carrot to sell the saltmarsh pack since it was downgraded to a mini expansion and doesnt have the usual new endgame raid.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #21 - Jan 8th, 2022 at 7:23am
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Jan 8th, 2022 at 1:23am:
It would have been nice if they used the development time for this new reaper crafting system to, i dont know, fix some bugs maybe?

I bet they just wanted a shiny new carrot to sell the saltmarsh pack since it was downgraded to a mini expansion and doesnt have the usual new endgame raid.

The thing is, that pack was NEVER intended to be a full expansion.  The only thing those half assed shitwits did was double down on the same stupid they pulled on LOTRO in 2020 that earned those drooling dumb fucks the following dubious distinction…

https://massivelyop.com/2020/12/14/massively-ops-2020-awards-biggest-blunder/

I mean, exactly how fucking mind-numbingly stupid are the chuds that are making these decision?

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jan 8th, 2022 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jan 8th, 2022 at 7:23am:
The thing is, that pack was NEVER intended to be a full expansion.  The only thing those half assed shitwits did was double down on the same stupid they pulled on LOTRO in 2020 that earned those drooling dumb fucks the following dubious distinction…

https://massivelyop.com/2020/12/14/massively-ops-2020-awards-biggest-blunder/

I mean, exactly how fucking mind-numbingly stupid are the chuds that are making these decision?

I wouldnt be surprised if their decision making process was : "how can we save money? i know, lets make smaller packs and sell them by including more powercreep in them, people will buy it anyway!".

Im actually somewhat surprised that they didnt try to charge full price for saltmarsh.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #23 - Jan 8th, 2022 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Jan 8th, 2022 at 8:38am:
I wouldnt be surprised if their decision making process was : "how can we save money? i know, lets make smaller packs and sell them by including more powercreep in them, people will buy it anyway!".

"Don't worry, we can always take the Power Creep back later, after we've gotten their money."

ManyCookies wrote on Jan 8th, 2022 at 8:38am:
Im actually somewhat surprised that they didnt try to charge full price for saltmarsh.

What is full price? I think full saltmarsh wasn't much less than full feywild.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jan 8th, 2022 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 8th, 2022 at 4:15pm:
What is full price? I think full saltmarsh wasn't much less than full feywild.

Did you buy Feywild too?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint