Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Has anyone seen either sharn or feywild get a discount in the store? (Read 5788 times)
ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Has anyone seen either sharn or feywild get a discount in the store?
Jan 7th, 2022 at 6:11am
Print Post  
A discount on the point cost that is?

I want to get feywild with points eventually but was wondering if packs like those ever go on sale in the store.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Re: Has anyone seen either sharn or feywild get a discount in the store?
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Not yet.

They're still too new to get discounted.

You'll just have to be patient.

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
For points? No. However Sharn and Saltmarsh got great deep discounts on Black Ftiday.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 2:33pm:
For points? No. However Sharn and Saltmarsh got great deep discounts on Black Ftiday.

Do you mean Feywild rather than Saltmarsh?

Pretty sure you confessed to buying Saltmarsh and I don't remember it being discounted.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 2:41pm:
Do you mean Feywild rather than Saltmarsh?

Technically both were discounted during Black Friday.

Shinyshoes wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 2:41pm:
Pretty sure you confessed to buying Saltmarsh and I don't remember it being discounted.

I did confess to buying it. I bought it for my main account at the regular price, then during black Friday bought a second copy for my alt account to assist with farming star frags.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #5 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 2:33pm:

I don't think there were any Black Friday Sales this year.

None listed here:  https://www.ddo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/233-DDO-Store-Sales-amp-Promotions

The Black Friday deals for 2020 can be found here:  https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/520001-DDO-Black-Friday-Deals!

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 4:59pm:
I don't think there were any Black Friday Sales this year.

None listed here:  https://www.ddo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/233-DDO-Store-Sales-amp-Promotions

The Black Friday deals for 2020 can be found here:  https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/520001-DDO-Black-Friday-Deals!

There definitely were.
Sharn and Feywild market packs were 75% off I think. A whole bunch of retards were asking about buying upgrades to the higher level packs on reddit and the mobos.
I am still not convinced Saltmarsh was on sale. The trend is for the previous years xpac to be discounted and only for real money  which for this year was Feywild.
Noamineo is pretty sure but I think he is embarrassed that he bought Saltmarsh, twice.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 1:05pm:
Not yet.

They're still too new to get discounted.

You'll just have to be patient.

Too new? Sharn has been out for like 2 years?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 5:07pm:
Noamineo is pretty sure but I think he is embarrassed that he bought Saltmarsh, twice.

No need to speculate, I am embarassed I bought saltmarsh twice.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 6:58pm:
Too new? Sharn has been out for like 2 years?

Lowest tier Sharn was like $6 on black Friday sale.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jan 8th, 2022 at 1:12am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 8:27pm:
Lowest tier Sharn was like $6 on black Friday sale.

Yes, but i meant, has it ever gotten a point discount in the store? If not, i guess SSG simply doesnt do point discounts for packs in the store and expect you to pay full price for it...

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jan 8th, 2022 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Jan 8th, 2022 at 1:12am:
Yes, but i meant, has it ever gotten a point discount in the store? If not, i guess SSG simply doesnt do point discounts for packs in the store and expect you to pay full price for it...

I do not recall Sharn being available for points with a discount.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Jan 8th, 2022 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Jan 8th, 2022 at 1:12am:

I'm sure it gets discounted during one of those "all packs X% off" deals but no, I don't think its been marked down or given a decent discount. But I mean if you wanted it, black friday...

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jan 9th, 2022 at 12:27am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 8th, 2022 at 4:09pm:
I'm sure it gets discounted during one of those "all packs X% off" deals but no, I don't think its been marked down or given a decent discount. But I mean if you wanted it, black friday...

I was hoping it would go on sale for points, sadly it seems that isnt going to happen.

How much of a "must have" is feywild have anyway? Theres plenty of xp at level 5 in heroics, and im fine with ravenloft and sharn gear at cap so far.
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2022 at 12:29am by ManyCookies »  

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #14 - Jan 9th, 2022 at 7:38am
Print Post  
fey items are very good, help you power through to ravenloft easy mode

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Jan 9th, 2022 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Jan 9th, 2022 at 12:27am:
I was hoping it would go on sale for points, sadly it seems that isnt going to happen.

How much of a "must have" is feywild have anyway? Theres plenty of xp at level 5 in heroics, and im fine with ravenloft and sharn gear at cap so far.

You're better off waiting for the next xpac. The gear is nice but will be invalidated by power creep Soon(TM).

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jan 10th, 2022 at 6:46am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 9th, 2022 at 12:22pm:
You're better off waiting for the next xpac. The gear is nice but will be invalidated by power creep Soon(TM).

What is the next xpack anyway? And what level will the new gear be at?

Quote:
fey items are very good, help you power through to ravenloft easy mode

Yea, i took a look at the wiki and they do look pretty ridiculous for level 5, but most of the stuff at that level range is outdated. Kind of stupid that borderlands items are ML 2 and are pretty well balanced, and feywild items at ML 5 are ridiculous though.

Its been a long time since I leveled a character from level 1...can't quite recall what i use at low levels. Think the good named stuff in that range was mostly sharn syndicate and catacombs?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Jan 10th, 2022 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Jan 10th, 2022 at 6:46am:

No idea. The lvl will probably be 31 though(unless they've pushed it to 34 by then).

Yea, i took a look at the wiki and they do look pretty ridiculous for level 5, but most of the stuff at that level range is outdated. Kind of stupid that borderlands items are ML 2 and are pretty well balanced, and feywild items at ML 5 are ridiculous though.

Its been a long time since I leveled a character from level 1...can't quite recall what i use at low levels. Think the good named stuff in that range was mostly sharn syndicate and catacombs?

I haven't played early heroics in forever. I can't really see myself farming feywild for lvl 5 gear, though(drop rates being screwy as they are). I was only interested in it for the ml29 stuff - which I agree is good. But if you're fine with the gear you have, you might as well skip it. The quests are so "meh". Some of them are downright terrible.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #18 - Jan 10th, 2022 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
For doing hardcore the level 5 gear from fey really was really very good. I farmed a shit load of them. Wearing a 7+ fey heroic item set gave a great boost from the set bonus which is just based on giving more bonus' for wearing more items.

I was fully covered through Ravenloft items, and some of the items I wore a lot longer.  On my warforged arti I wore a belt (black tasset) and head (accuracy/deadly) through to 15+ they got me through to 4000 out of my 5000 faction for the HC5 reward.  Very solid items indeed.  Clicky necklace with good hope * 3 was "endgame loot" and used all the way.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #19 - Jan 11th, 2022 at 10:40am
Print Post  

It sounds like Isle of Dread will be the next expansion pack. The level cap is also supposed to go up. I don't know by how many levels but by 2 or 3 sounds reasonable to me.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #20 - Jan 11th, 2022 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Not that I expect great things from the office chair sharing half assers at SSG…but when they raise the cap past 32, there had better be lvl 32 augments released, along with lvls 36 and 40 augments when the cap hits those as well.

Cannith crafting had better be bumped up at cap increase as well, and not rolled out a year later like those lazy fucks like to do with expansion raids.

That said, with so many ways for those flea circus clowns to fuck this whole mess right royally, I expect a major clusterfuck of stoopid when those beta cucks drop what should be an alpha release. 

Especially now since that they’re apparently too fucking cheap to pay licensing fees for real music. 

I have to assume that their completely unqualified lead QA fraud Billy “Bottom Shelf” Champaign is spending his time writing more shitty faux-classical garbage for the expansion soundtrack instead of doing his primary job.  That said, it’s not like he was doing a good job before.

Anyway, expect a lot of low quality dumbfuckery and odds are good that you’ll still be let down.

« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2022 at 4:04pm by Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz »  

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jan 11th, 2022 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
I really hate the idea of a level cap increase, DDO definately doesnt need that at this point, im going to have to farm favor for more bank toons to account for feywild gear as it is...and we already have tons of content at cap to do. Ravenloft, sharn, feywild, saltmarsh, lost gatekeepers, etc, etc...thats way more than enough stuff to do at cap.

And you just know level 32 or whatever stuff will be so utterly broken to make people buy the expansion.

Too bad SSG is out of ideas for how to milk whales of money and the only thing they can come up with is a level cap increase to sell the next tier of power creep gear...

I seem to recall that in one of those Q&A sessions, SSG was complaining that stuff like Alchemist was too hard to make? They are definately going to try to do things on the cheap even more now...
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2022 at 12:34pm by ManyCookies »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #22 - Jan 11th, 2022 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jan 11th, 2022 at 11:24am:
Not that I expect great things from the office chair sharing half assers at SSG…but when they raise the cap past 32, there had better be lvl 32 augments released, along with lvls 36 and 40 augments when the cap hits those as well.

Cannith crafting had better be bumped up at cap increase as well,

This is what we all want.

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jan 11th, 2022 at 11:24am:
and not rolled out a year later like those lazy fucks like to do with expansion raids.

And this is what we're going to get.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #23 - Jan 11th, 2022 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Jan 11th, 2022 at 12:32pm:
I really hate the idea of a level cap increase, DDO definately doesnt need that at this point, im going to have to farm favor for more bank toons to account for feywild gear as it is...and we already have tons of content at cap to do. Ravenloft, sharn, feywild, saltmarsh, lost gatekeepers, etc, etc...thats way more than enough stuff to do at cap.

And you just know level 32 or whatever stuff will be so utterly broken to make people buy the expansion.

Too bad SSG is out of ideas for how to milk whales of money and the only thing they can come up with is a level cap increase to sell the next tier of power creep gear...

I seem to recall that in one of those Q&A sessions, SSG was complaining that stuff like Alchemist was too hard to make? They are definately going to try to do things on the cheap even more now...

Its insane how much lvl 29 content there is vs how little lvls 21-28 stuff. And yes I know you can start doing ml29 quests well before 29. But its like you said, we have 3 major xpacs and 2 big content backs plus a bunch of other side stuff all for 29 but practically nothing at say 26. We can assume the cap increase to 40 is only going to worsen the problem. They'll rush it out quick - first increase to 31, then 34, then probably straight to 40, with no new TR mechanic and only 3-5 new quests per increase. Then we'll get "Legendary" TR and for the rest of the game's lifespan all new content will be lvl40.

IP Logged

Deibeth
Korthos Resident

Rat boii

Reply #24 - Jan 14th, 2022 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
lol sharn was on -85% on black friday, I bought ultimate fan edition quite cheap

Sentadito de pana.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint