Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cannot find logon server (Read 2538 times)
Hunter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Cannot find logon server
Mar 13th, 2022 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Hello, people. Writing to you from modern Mordor. And want to ask EU players if they have the same problems.
I used "tracert ddo.com" and it showed problem at IP 4.31.43.210. It used to be in the past, same IP.
But what's up right now? Is this a russian KGB trick or just some problems in US(somewhere near New Jersey or NYC).
Also, have same problem with lotro. So "tracert lotro.com" shows problems at IP 66.209.64.226.

So, what is this? I cheched RKN and it doesn't have ddo and lotro in block list.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Cannot find logon server
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2022 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
No problems getting into DDO from here. Where abouts are you, exactly, in Europe? There have been some cyber attacks lately.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2022 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Hunter wrote on Mar 13th, 2022 at 5:13pm:
Hello, people. Writing to you from modern Mordor. And want to ask EU players if they have the same problems.
I used "tracert ddo.com" and it showed problem at IP 4.31.43.210. It used to be in the past, same IP.
But what's up right now? Is this a russian KGB trick or just some problems in US(somewhere near New Jersey or NYC).
Also, have same problem with lotro. So "tracert lotro.com" shows problems at IP 66.209.64.226.

So, what is this? I cheched RKN and it doesn't have ddo and lotro in block list.

First IP is a LVL3 IP, since I don't have the traceroute I can't really make guesses at what's happening.
now having no answer to a traceroute is not proof of a problem, as more and more Carriers ( including Level 3 ) are hiding their backbones by blocking ICMP packets.
My trcaeoute ends up at the same Level 3 router ( all the queries after that are '*'.  but I have no problem reaching character selection screen. ( so the logon server replys to my PyLoTRO logon request )

For Lotro, it's through Switch communication. the IP you mention being in the Las Vegas area.

from my point of view, the problem is not with DDO or LoTRO, but most probably with your computer or your ISP

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Hunter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2022 at 1:42am
Print Post  
Well, it's strange that I can open DDO.com in browser, load game client, but still cannot connect to server upon starting game exe.

IP Logged

Hunter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2022 at 1:46am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 13th, 2022 at 6:46pm:
No problems getting into DDO from here. Where abouts are you, exactly, in Europe? There have been some cyber attacks lately.
Did I mention "modern Mordor"? It means "Russia". Our autorities decided to block many western projects.
I suspect they blocked smth wrong, as usual. They already blocked a92.168.0.1 in the past. F retards working in RKN.

Well, I've checked. I think it's because for Russian retards both instagram.com and ddo.com have same IP! F shit!!! They have different IP adresses! DDO.com has 198.252.160.57. Insta has 31.13.72.174.

I don't get all this shit. No way!!! How is this possible?! Technically I can connect to insta, but it's blocked now. Meanwhile I cannot connect to ddo, but it is not in official block list.

PS Finally!!! Wish they ever do their job propery at once!!! I'm tired of such bad work. Such bad employees! They unblocked logon server IP. Every time we tell them, "Please, block correct IP, not like with 192.168.0.1!" And they never listen!
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2022 at 5:47am by Hunter »  

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 14th, 2022 at 6:22am
Print Post  
I thought you Russkies were using VPN now to punch through all the bullshit Putin is doing for the digital iron curtain.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #6 - Mar 14th, 2022 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Hunter wrote on Mar 14th, 2022 at 1:42am:
Well, it's strange that I can open DDO.com in browser, load game client, but still cannot connect to server upon starting game exe.

Ah, simple : they left open http/https ( ports 80/443 ) and blocked the game ports

Officially it's :  ports 9000-9058
Historically chat server was on port 2900

There's stuff related to TOR in the 9000/9058 range among other things.

Edit : just thought at it from the other end...

It might be SSG ISP ( or SSG itself ) that decided to block Russian IPs, though that does not really fit with being able to reach the website, they would have probably gone to an All or Nothing.
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2022 at 11:00am by Flav »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Mar 14th, 2022 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 14th, 2022 at 10:58am:
It might be SSG ISP ( or SSG itself ) that decided to block Russian IPs, though that does not really fit with being able to reach the website, they would have probably gone to an All or Nothing.

It does if SSG is also shit at their job.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Hunter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Mar 15th, 2022 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on Mar 14th, 2022 at 6:22am:
I thought you Russkies were using VPN now to punch through all the bullshit Putin is doing for the digital iron curtain.

Hell yeah!!! Started to use VPN years ago because of stupid laws. But it's just a game, so it should never be blocked. But, I confess, this problem appeared many times before. They cannot block properly, so they block everything. And thus they block access to other important servers(plus data servers too).

Just letting you know. My President is Alexey Navalny(although he is in jail right now). I never voted for Putin and never liked him. All 20 years he did nothing but bark, bark, bark. Many words, zero deeds. All infrastructure in RF is in ruins, much of them are beyond repair. Many cities are like ghosted. Or, if you like, haunted. Almost no people. And nobody want to live there. No medic(hospitals), no movie, not even clubs. Sadly...

And now this! His actions made worse for each and everyone. Not just russians, but EU and US people too.

IP Logged

Hunter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Mar 15th, 2022 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 14th, 2022 at 10:58am:
Ah, simple : they left open http/https ( ports 80/443 ) and blocked the game ports

Officially it's :  ports 9000-9058
Historically chat server was on port 2900

Well, I don't know why they block one port and don't block another.
We got similar situarion, when we(russian and ukrainian players) couldn't buy smth in the store because it couldn't load. ANd we found that block was caused by forum thread about best way to suicide on HC server. BS but RKN block only in-game store, but not site and not game itself.

The worst nightmare for us now is total block of US IP, so we could not even reach for google.com But this decision will turn Russian into new Northern Korea. And we are really close to this condition.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #10 - Mar 15th, 2022 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Hunter wrote on Mar 15th, 2022 at 1:16pm:
block was caused by forum thread about best way to suicide on HC server.

What?  Can I get a fucking translator in here?  My curiosity is piqued.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #11 - Mar 16th, 2022 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Hunter wrote on Mar 15th, 2022 at 1:16pm:
Well, I don't know why they block one port and don't block another.
We got similar situarion, when we(russian and ukrainian players) couldn't buy smth in the store because it couldn't load. ANd we found that block was caused by forum thread about best way to suicide on HC server. BS but RKN block only in-game store, but not site and not game itself.

The worst nightmare for us now is total block of US IP, so we could not even reach for google.com But this decision will turn Russian into new Northern Korea. And we are really close to this condition.

From a company point of view ( or an ISP ) blocking TOR regular ports is a way to protect itself from a wild range of risks. If peoeple can't use TOR, they will have difficulties to go browse the Dark Web ( it can be done but it's way more complex without TOR as it requires skills and knowledge ) and as such connecto to websites that can potentially harm the computer ( and the network )

Since TOR is also a way to bypass local rules, it's one of the first thing blocked by a government that doesn't want it's people to find out he's being the bad guy.

IP Logged

Hunter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Apr 3rd, 2022 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Mar 15th, 2022 at 1:20pm:
What?  Can I get a fucking translator in here?  My curiosity is piqued.
Yes, it was THE REAL situation. We couldn't buy anything in ddo store because of IP ban. Still, we were able to log in and play.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint