Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Strange Choices in Item Design Episode 19: Chronoscope Runes (Read 3449 times)
Standing Stone Games
Shroud Slacker

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Re: Strange Choices in Item Design Episode 19: Chronoscope Runes
Reply #25 - Mar 22nd, 2022 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on Mar 22nd, 2022 at 4:26pm:
That would be sick. Link? I don't see it on their website.

https://vaultofkundarak.com/

It's not on their VoK site. It has its own site.

Go here to learn about it: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/529510-Dungeon-Helper-MyDDO-LGS-Planne...

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #26 - Mar 22nd, 2022 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Mar 22nd, 2022 at 4:33pm:
It's not on their VoK site. It has its own site.

Go here to learn about it: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/529510-Dungeon-Helper-MyDDO-LGS-Planne...

Its a bit of a learning curve to find all the VoK stuff(web design is not their strength) but once you get it working its great. It has its quirks but it made playing 6 accounts at once pretty easy.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 7:48am
Print Post  
Its not 45 runes per run, there are multiple chests and more than one chest has runes.

I always run chrono and VON in pairs and i have slightly more chrono runes than VON runes. Im pretty sure chrono has 3 chests at 45 runes each.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #28 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 11:47am
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Mar 31st, 2022 at 7:48am:
Its not 45 runes per run, there are multiple chests and more than one chest has runes.

I always run chrono and VON in pairs and i have slightly more chrono runes than VON runes. Im pretty sure chrono has 3 chests at 45 runes each.

Are these in the optional chests? this may explain why I don't know about them. I've only been speed-running chrono for tokens.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 31st, 2022 at 11:47am:
Are these in the optional chests? this may explain why I don't know about them. I've only been speed-running chrono for tokens.

There is one epic chest + 3 regular chests IIRC. Ive only done chrono runs with all optionals in a party so i'm not sure which chests are tied to the optionals.

Edit : The wiki says that you get 1 chest for rescuing defenders, 1 for killing sky raiders, 1 for killing the final boss and 1 epic chest on epic. IIRC the epic chest only has the token and no runes, while the 3 regular chests have 45 runes each.
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2022 at 12:55pm by ManyCookies »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #30 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Mar 31st, 2022 at 12:51pm:
There is one epic chest + 3 regular chests IIRC. Ive only done chrono runs with all optionals in a party so i'm not sure which chests are tied to the optionals.

Edit : The wiki says that you get 1 chest for rescuing defenders, 1 for killing sky raiders, 1 for killing the final boss and 1 epic chest on epic. IIRC the epic chest only has the token and no runes, while the 3 regular chests have 45 runes each.

That answers that. I just zerg to the boss for tokens and matts.

So that brings it to 125 runes per run if all opts are done(which is typical since Chrono is mostly ran for XP while leveling).

Of course that still means 10 runs to get an item you can VERY EASILY get in 4, but meh. At least we solved the mystery.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Its 135 actually, but yes. Better to have more chests dropping named loot than only 1.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #32 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Mar 31st, 2022 at 8:20pm:
Its 135 actually, but yes. Better to have more chests dropping named loot than only 1.

Well except that chrono loot isn't exactly a hot-ticket commodity. Even fullyupgraded to legendary it can best be described as "not great". I think I've got one C-string character using leg Abashai and Leg Saltmarsh. He's not thrilled.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #33 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
So lets see I did some digging. You could make Leg Abashai work with leg Knight of the Shadows or Leg Crypt Raider, but none of the Sharn/Soul Shitter sets, unless you're willing to wear the Leg. Gem of Many Facets - which is throwing away an equipment slot.

Then again, Leg Abashai isn't awful in it's own right... now its got my wondering.

Ouch, the gear tetris, she hurtsez.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint