Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Non-Completionist Build for Reaping (Read 2798 times)
Zindragon
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Non-Completionist Build for Reaping
Mar 23rd, 2022 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
If you were to make a "meta" build for pushing Reapers at cap with low PLs, mainly solo with whatever gear available (including raid gear) what would you make?
Is it just a moot point (get more reaper points and past lives or join a group)? Does any build function decently well at cap fully geared with low PLs? Have several 3 past life alts I don't want to TR but looking for interesting ideas for them to be somewhat functional.
Just curious what people's thoughts were on the matter.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Non-Completionist Build for Reaping
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2022 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Its probably possible to max reaper points on a first-life no-tomes build. Its really just a matter of how much time you want to spend grinding.

Build/gear-wise I would say you need to focus heavily on defense, a ranged character is going to have a lot of advantages. Maybe some kind of high-evasion Inquisitive?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 23rd, 2022 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 23rd, 2022 at 12:40pm:
Its probably possible to max reaper points on a first-life no-tomes build.

I would advise against it. I tried staying at cap and doing reaper dailies. The game outright punishes you for doing that. First time bonus after a TR is anywhere from 3 to 4 times as much xp, and the added benefits of nabbing an epic and a racial life. Staying at cap and farming reaper is incredibly slow. Even if you tr slowly just do it.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Mar 23rd, 2022 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 23rd, 2022 at 12:40pm:
Its probably possible to max reaper points on a first-life no-tomes build. Its really just a matter of how much time you want to spend grinding.

Build/gear-wise I would say you need to focus heavily on defense, a ranged character is going to have a lot of advantages. Maybe some kind of high-evasion Inquisitive?

^ this...

but yeah... you're going to get much better results just doing slow TRs... even lvl-up pugs are going to get you at LEAST twice the RPs of staying @ cap
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2022 at 2:53pm by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Mar 23rd, 2022 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 23rd, 2022 at 2:27pm:
I would advise against it. I tried staying at cap and doing reaper dailies. The game outright punishes you for doing that. First time bonus after a TR is anywhere from 3 to 4 times as much xp, and the added benefits of nabbing an epic and a racial life. Staying at cap and farming reaper is incredibly slow. Even if you tr slowly just do it.

Adds to my ongoing belief that reaper is a stupid mechanic.

But Zindragon is looking for advice on how to do it all the same. Some people don't like to TR.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 23rd, 2022 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
A nuker fvs is not a bad option. You will progressively be able to handle low skulls solo as you get more reaper points.
For high skulls join a group and heal.

IP Logged

Ferd
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Mar 23rd, 2022 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Zindragon wrote on Mar 23rd, 2022 at 12:20pm:
... for pushing Reapers at cap with low PLs, mainly solo with whatever gear available...
Are you cracked in the fucking head? If a brand new build can do that, what would a finished build do?

Oreo - STF up - you've said time and time again, you don't play reaper. You can't even figure out who to use heal scrolls to heal. Go pad your post count in honeypot or something.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint