Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) TR ideas? (Read 11529 times)
Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

TR ideas?
Apr 10th, 2022 at 3:18am
Print Post  
This is Possibly going to become a guide. Some day. But I play for fun, not as a job. So probably not.

The idea is to get the character name I like the most to have all his 30pl/whatever the fuck else he needs, like the new racial BS that took out all prior racial stuff. Motherfuckers.

Anyway.
Gots:
1Barb, 2monk, 1 sorc, and now 1 wiz.
1 PDK, 1 bladeforged *about to be 2? How has this changed?*
Epics.
1aa,1brace,1fort(apparently? These used to be two  Shocked

I'll be boxing in a new account that's currently just got barb (because for some reason I have all inv. Slots purchased on it, so why not?)
It's missing tomes, but I'll get +8s on it with the 10th anniversary thing after the TR just with the favor points.

Im thinking I should do a rogue life next.
But I want to supplement it as a WF caster so the leveling gear and shit can mostly stay the same. Also because apparently there's no race on top of class, it's either or. So whatever the fuck would I go pick something like gnome for?

Alright, down to the question(s)

So, what's everyone favorite Tr split?
10/10 ?
8/12 ?

I also have a +5 hart put aside, so what's everyone's *fuck turdbine* race, which I suppose has now evolved to fuck *fuck ShitonyourScreenGames* race/class. That I should totally skip via TR +5 cheat?

And, bonus Q.
What's everyone's favorite leveling class?

To those wondering why I wouldn't just do race TR on the complectionist with *well not anymore* all classes PL, the answer is fuck ssg that's why. 😜
I like this older toon better (and I read +8 tomes on it), however valid your Q may be.

double bonus question:
which life would you absolutely only Otto box?

I may or may not have been fully sober when I wrote this.

IP Logged

Spandex
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: TR ideas?
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2022 at 3:59am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Apr 10th, 2022 at 3:18am:
This is Possibly going to become a guide. Some day. But I play for fun, not as a job. So probably not.

The idea is to get the character name I like the most to have all his 30pl/whatever the fuck else he needs, like the new racial BS that took out all prior racial stuff. Motherfuckers.

Anyway.
Gots:
1Barb, 2monk, 1 sorc, and now 1 wiz.
1 PDK, 1 bladeforged *about to be 2? How has this changed?*
Epics.
1aa,1brace,1fort(apparently? These used to be two  Shocked

I'll be boxing in a new account that's currently just got barb (because for some reason I have all inv. Slots purchased on it, so why not?)
It's missing tomes, but I'll get +8s on it with the 10th anniversary thing after the TR just with the favor points.

Im thinking I should do a rogue life next.
But I want to supplement it as a WF caster so the leveling gear and shit can mostly stay the same. Also because apparently there's no race on top of class, it's either or. So whatever the fuck would I go pick something like gnome for?

Alright, down to the question(s)

10/10 ?
8/12 ?

I also have a +5 hart put aside, so what's everyone's *fuck turdbine* race, which I suppose has now evolved to fuck *fuck ShitonyourScreenGames* race/class. That I should totally skip via TR +5 cheat?

And, bonus Q.

To those wondering why I wouldn't just do race TR on the complectionist with *well not anymore* all classes PL, the answer is fuck ssg that's why. 😜
I like this older toon better (and I read +8 tomes on it), however valid your Q may be.

double bonus question:
which life would you absolutely only Otto box?

I may or may not have been fully sober when I wrote this.

WTF are you on about? Actually the more I think about it, don't ever post here again. Get on the forums and ask Marshall Lanes and his mate Tilomere.
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2022 at 4:02am by Spandex »  

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2022 at 9:40am
Print Post  
130 or something stupid like that past lives to complete a character?  Shocked

Not a job?  Roll Eyes

Play for fun?  Huh

Cheesy  Grin  Cheesy  Grin

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2022 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
20 sorc all your racials, then check back.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2022 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 10th, 2022 at 1:09pm:
20 sorc all your racials, then check back.

This.

If you've also got trunks you can do a life without getting off your ass. PM me if you want some tips.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Apr 10th, 2022 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Fuck 20 sorc racials would mean several reincarnation timer reset or playing less than 4 hours a day for 3 (or more) days.
I guess that's possible. Just boring af.

I'd rather just crank out class related lives. At least there's something to think about rather than just running an nuking shit to 20...

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 10th, 2022 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
10/10 ?
8/12 ?
I never did 10/10 because I fucked up once and got the wrong class.  For awhile I did 8 Arty, 2 rogue, and 10 X.

And, bonus Q.

Artificer.  I love the 30% traps, can use spells effectively up to level 8, sport a rune arm for extra DR, and go inquisitive at level 12. 

double bonus question:
Never had an otto box.  If I did, it would be any class where I had to run a barefoot Shitter life.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Apr 10th, 2022 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
S_O_B wrote on Apr 10th, 2022 at 7:35pm:
a barefoot Shitter life.

Its not smart to go barefoot while you're shitting all over the ground.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #8 - Apr 10th, 2022 at 8:49pm
Print Post  

OP just roll a dice what class to level at every level. It will be better than your posted concept.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Apr 10th, 2022 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Apr 10th, 2022 at 8:49pm:
OP just roll a dice what class to level at every level. It will be better than your posted concept.

This but use the ingame rng to make sure you get a legit result.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Apr 10th, 2022 at 10:40pm:
This but use the ingame rng to make sure you get a legit result.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Snu snu,
would that be roll 1d2 or roll 1 d however many fucking classes ssg invented?
Cuz some you can't combo or you could potentially theoretically be fucked out of with alignment.
You also have a limit of 3 total, which as a whole is just sad.
There's 20 levels, something like 12 classes, but we can't choose to make our toons suck with 2levels of each class like on pnp.

Anyway.
I'm really just looking for ways to break DDO even more than it's already broken. Like fireball at level 1 sort of deal...

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Maybe it's time for you to try swim cleric.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #13 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Play anything, literally. Acid sorc, sonic bard, nerfed inquis, it literally doesn't matter. You're levelling and doing it again.

Uber pro tip:

Don't get one-shot.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #14 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 3:05pm:
would that be roll 1d2 or roll 1 d however many fucking classes ssg invented?

Well, you got 15 classes, get creative. Roll until you got 3. And then on every level roll again on which to level up.
or
Look for Tilomere builds on the forum.
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2022 at 6:55pm by Snu Snu »  

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #15 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 5:17pm:
Play anything, literally. Acid sorc, sonic bard, nerfed inquis, it literally doesn't matter. You're levelling and doing it again.

Uber pro tip:

Don't get one-shot.

I remember doing racials as a sorc, and I would swap elements for kicks. Overall, I liked electric best just for chain and the wing jump thing. But, fire was probably better at deleting packs efficiently. Ice was fine. Acid was.... Annoying. That was a one and done. I even geared extra acid stuff for it. Annoying. Just took longer to kill everything overall. Yes, you eventually get acid well--which is good. But overall annoying imo.

This was before stat squish, before they nerfed RL spellpower belts, and before the spell pass that went with stat squish. Maybe it's better now. I'm a bit skeptical, though.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 7:00pm:
I remember doing racials as a sorc, and I would swap elements for kicks. Overall, I liked electric best just for chain and the wing jump thing. But, fire was probably better at deleting packs efficiently. Ice was fine. Acid was.... Annoying. That was a one and done. I even geared extra acid stuff for it. Annoying. Just took longer to kill everything overall. Yes, you eventually get acid well--which is good. But overall annoying imo.

Does acid even have a decent AOE spell? Even Acid Well doesn't seem to hit multiple targets.

This was before stat squish, before they nerfed RL spellpower belts, and before the spell pass that went with stat squish. Maybe it's better now. I'm a bit skeptical, though.

I honestly cannot tell if we are better or worse. Following the great flattening I had to re-gear extensively, but now I'm easily facing R3. Before I had trouble doing anything over R1. Same number of reaper points. BUT where as some packs could be 1-shotted with meteor swarm, I now have stop and fight everything no matter what difficulty I select.

I don't really know what this means. So much of it could be explained away by my being retarded. So much more by having shit gear after the RL nerf.

I've decided to stop questioning it and just play more.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Fire is fine up to 20, then you usually swap to ice if you stick to epics. Or maybe if you run 18 to 20 in shavarath.

As far as difference with what I have seen so far, crits are much lower then they used to be.
Mobs still have the same insane HP.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 8:28pm:
Fire is fine up to 20, then you usually swap to ice if you stick to epics. Or maybe if you run 18 to 20 in shavarath.

As far as difference with what I have seen so far, crits are much lower then they used to be.
Mobs still have the same insane HP.

Why switch to ice? Fire has Metoer Swarm.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #19 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 8:53pm:
Why switch to ice? Fire has Metoer Swarm.

And DBF.

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 9:21pm:
And DBF.

My 3 main spells are fireball, delayed blast fireball, and meteor swarm. I also keep the breath weapon attack close at hand and for some reason Necrotic Ray(yes this is still a fire sorc). There's also Ruin and Greater Ruin for spot removal but being single-target with a long fucking cooldown does not net them a spot on my ~ through 5.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #21 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 8:39am
Print Post  

There are so many builds that can perform for levelling, just pick one, gear for it and play it well. You'll do fine. Massive spell power and big damage spells are still as fun as ever.

Also, Barb 20? check. Fighter 20? check. Pali 20? check. Rogue 20? check. 20 FVS heals and nukes? check. 20 Druid melee? check. 20 Druid nuker? check. 20 Druid healer? check. 20 ranger, 20 bard, 20 sorc, 20 cleric, 20 arti, 18/1/1, 13/6/1, 11/8/1, 7/7/6, 10/10, check.

Shut up and play.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
7/7/6 sounds like fun

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #23 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 8:39am:
Shut up and play.

I think the OP was looking for a slightly more specific suggestion than "play anything because anything will work". This is, after all, "general DDO discussion".

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 2:15pm:
I think the OP was looking for a slightly more specific suggestion than "play anything because anything will work". This is, after all, "general DDO discussion".

I thought that was a mobo or reddit question.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint