Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) TR ideas? (Read 11541 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: TR ideas?
Reply #25 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 3:19pm:
I thought that was a mobo or reddit question.

To be fair we do rarely stay on the topic of DDO.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #26 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 8:09pm:
Does acid even have a decent AOE spell? Even Acid Well doesn't seem to hit multiple targets.

Decent? No. Acid rain is an AOE cloud dot. The damage is decent, but you're waiting like two seconds for the first tic, and then kiting the stuff trying to kill you. It's dumb. Seems like acid is mostly dot effects. I really wanted to like it. I didn't.

EDIT:

Ok, there's one part I liked. Firing off a melfs/black dragon bolt on a mob and moving on--it never kills them right away. But, if you know it will before it's done, it's kinda kewl. It's like hitting them with it and then walking away thinking 'You're already dead. You just don't know it yet."

That's some fun. But, it's not enough to remove the other annoying factors of waiting for damage.
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:21pm by Head-Meat »  

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #27 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
ugh yeah, and I'd love to see acid rain scale into epics.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #28 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 2:15pm:
I think the OP was looking for a slightly more specific suggestion than "play anything because anything will work". This is, after all, "general DDO discussion".

Nice italics, dickweed.

Nah, he was looking for an easy button one-size fits all, when there are plenty of ways to skin the leveling cat. Or better still, he can try different shit and find something that suits him best. Or, he can take your dumb advice, hate your build and stop playing the game, because, after all, this is a very diplomatic discussion where everyone’s opinion is equally useful.

Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2022 at 5:42pm by Gunga »  

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #29 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 5:41pm:
Nah, he was looking for an easy button one-size fits all

Ah ok. Yeah I wasn't really paying attention.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #30 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 5:49pm:
Ah ok. Yeah I wasn't really paying attention.

We are all our own worst enemy.

I feel like someone else said that before but it's not coming to me and I don't feel like looking it up on my ancient Galaxy S7's tiny little screen at the moment.
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2022 at 11:15pm by Standing Stone Games »  

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #31 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:13pm:
Firing off a melfs/black dragon bolt on a mob and moving on--it never kills them right away. But, if you know it will before it's done, it's kinda kewl.

I miss the old Ranger's acid arrows with the few seconds ticking.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #32 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 7:00pm:
I remember doing racials as a sorc, and I would swap elements for kicks. Overall, I liked electric best just for chain and the wing jump thing. But, fire was probably better at deleting packs efficiently. Ice was fine. Acid was.... Annoying. That was a one and done. I even geared extra acid stuff for it. Annoying. Just took longer to kill everything overall. Yes, you eventually get acid well--which is good. But overall annoying imo.

This was before stat squish, before they nerfed RL spellpower belts, and before the spell pass that went with stat squish. Maybe it's better now. I'm a bit skeptical, though.

Acid was fun when they first added savants to the game.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #33 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 1:48pm:
Acid was fun when they first added savants to the game.

Thanks Pepperidge Farm.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 8:39am:
There are so many builds that can perform for levelling, just pick one, gear for it and play it well. You'll do fine. Massive spell power and big damage spells are still as fun as ever.

Also, Barb 20? check. Fighter 20? check. Pali 20? check. Rogue 20? check. 20 FVS heals and nukes? check. 20 Druid melee? check. 20 Druid nuker? check. 20 Druid healer? check. 20 ranger, 20 bard, 20 sorc, 20 cleric, 20 arti, 18/1/1, 13/6/1, 11/8/1, 7/7/6, 10/10, check.

Shut up and play.

Exactly the above- avoid classes which only do single damage. Monk is kinda weak also. Don't neglect run speed

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #35 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 2:56pm:
Thanks Pepperidge Farm.

Do you remember a time when chocolate chip cookies came fresh from the oven? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Do you remember a time when women couldn't vote, and certain folk weren't allowed on golf courses? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Apr 14th, 2022 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
I wasn't looking for an easy button - just a brain dead approach since leveling up is essentially a brain dead event when you have to do it some 30plus times.

Pure classes generally suck unless caster/aoe option.

Reapers fuck with you hard too unless you are a caster and can one shot them.

Monk was once an exception, but it's really only worth splashing with a bow into ranger or some other shit for movement speed.
If they hasn't nerfed the shit out of the strikes, maybe it could have been viable.
All melee shit needs a few levels to get grater cleave and properly deal with trash. If it weren't for that, then yea pure classes would be viable (to 20, after that it's the same shit only worse when in reaper).

I'm liking WF int wiz/whatever else 8/12 splits so far.
The *bad* is that they need a few levels and 3 wasted points into reconstruction racial before acrually being self sustaining.
- Also taking the 8 wiz at the start would probably be a better idea, so you can just nuke everything in sight or firewall a whole level and run trash around -
Starting with 2 levels of whatever can be OK situationally. But you end up missing out on 2 levels of spell for level 5/6 quests.

Overall, i like the extra diff in reaper and the new quests i had never played in terms of doing different shit. However it should be notes that deviating from repeating the good xp quests in r1/e/h/n is causing major drag on the tr time.
If you want to work on a schedule, then it's best to stick to the plan (or the quests you know well and like).

If doing favor spread/reaper, holding level 8 will allow more level 3 quests to complete in reaper.
I'm not getting as many ddo points as I remeber from the favor runs though. Either thar, or I'm just taking too long because I don't know most of the new quests or remeber most of the ones i didn't grind to oblivion...

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #37 - Apr 14th, 2022 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Apr 14th, 2022 at 3:44pm:
I wasn't looking for an easy button - just a brain dead approach since leveling up is essentially a brain dead event when you have to do it some 30plus times.

Then you want pure sorc and spam that meteror swarm.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #38 - Apr 15th, 2022 at 8:08am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Apr 14th, 2022 at 3:44pm:
I'm liking WF int wiz/whatever else 8/12 splits so far.
The *bad* is that they need a few levels and 3 wasted points into reconstruction racial before acrually being self sustaining.
- Also taking the 8 wiz at the start would probably be a better idea, so you can just nuke everything in sight or firewall a whole level and run trash around -
Starting with 2 levels of whatever can be OK situationally. But you end up missing out on 2 levels of spell for level 5/6 quests.

1 Barb for first level! It's only run speed that slows you down on an arcane. Until you get Fireball, Repair Serious Pots and a 2HF weapon. Seems fastest out of the lives I've tried.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Apr 15th, 2022 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
For some reason self heals are seriously nerfed.
Drinkingn cure serious or repair serious nets maybe 14hp.
This is with heal amp 15% gear on and some 30 repair.
Didn't even bother trying to find out why. Doesn't really matter this life anyway.
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2022 at 12:14pm by Anothersock »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #40 - Apr 16th, 2022 at 5:57am
Print Post  
Yeah it's a bit tedious but you can jump pot when needed, I find I still have plenty of opportunity to heal. Mind, I mainly run R1 solo for speed, depends what you're doing I guess.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #41 - Apr 16th, 2022 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 8:09pm:
Does acid even have a decent AOE spell? Even Acid Well doesn't seem to hit multiple targets.

Despite it being in Primal Avatar; Carrion Swarm is a tasty ass acid AoE. Granted it's still a dot but it does initial tick/cast damage unlike other acid dots.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Apr 16th, 2022 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
What I find rediculous is that self hearing is nerfed, but casting the same spell on the box has regular effects and viceversa ofc.
14hp Vs some 50+ on a non crit.

Not sure when this was changed, but it's fucking rediculous for solo players. Maybe it's a Reaper feature I guess.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #43 - Apr 16th, 2022 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
The lack of simple, decent self-healing is really irritating.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Apr 16th, 2022 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
I wouldn't say there's a "lack" - the fact its low yelding is an issue, definitely.
You just run out of 100 pots way more often than you ought to. Considering how much play they cost it's also better to just grab a damn hireling and babysit them.

Usually I ran 1 cleric as the box, this time around I'm not, and some quests are becoming problematic with having to keep npcs alive.

This is mostly because the reavers are near insta-killing the npc(s).
I don't think they thought all aspects of introducing reavers all that well, as usual for SSG/Turdbine.
At the vert fucking least make them only attack players since they probably have enough fort/stats not to be one shotted...

Either way, it's an easy fix play wise, just run 2 hireling and assign them to the NPcs as you keep on nuking stuff.
However the PITA is having to get the hireling contracts, because who the he'll just carries various low level poket healers in their hireling folder when there's barely enough room for the useless epic level rogue ones? XD

Speaking of, wtf is up with the rogue hirelings being completely useless in EE - Unable to find traps/unable to disarm traps (to the point they blow up in their faces). Even with augmented summons stats and all of whatever has them scale up supposedly.
I have never been a fan of hirelings anyway, but it's fucking retarded as 90% of all stuff SSG has been up to...
Edit. Need to ammend that to 99.999% because I wish it was only 90. That would mean that 10% of the latest shit was at least decent.
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2022 at 8:01pm by Anothersock »  

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #45 - Apr 16th, 2022 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Apr 16th, 2022 at 1:46pm:
What I find rediculous is that self hearing is nerfed, but casting the same spell on the box has regular effects and viceversa ofc.
14hp Vs some 50+ on a non crit.

Not sure when this was changed, but it's fucking rediculous for solo players. Maybe it's a Reaper feature I guess.

Bro. Do you know how reaper works?

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Apr 16th, 2022 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
No, I really dgaf. Kill shit from point a to point B is all that ddo is and has always been. They can try to "add" various BS like quest levels. Doesn't really change much of anything.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #47 - Apr 17th, 2022 at 6:01am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Apr 16th, 2022 at 7:59pm:
You just run out of 100 pots way more often than you ought to. Considering how much play they cost

I get 300 Cure/Rep Serious pots at the start of a life (where I'd need them) and always have leftovers by the time a better heal is available. They're not that much from the guild vendor!

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Apr 17th, 2022 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
I tend to forget guild vendors. But Plat wasn't really an issue on the first life, so I doubt we ought to debate the cost of pots 😆

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #49 - Apr 17th, 2022 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
I'm sitting on something like 10 million plat. Turns out people will pay 2 mill a pop for 1,000 sentient XP, but not very many astral shards...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint