Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) TR ideas? (Read 11542 times)
Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: TR ideas?
Reply #50 - Apr 17th, 2022 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Makes sense - Platinum is really easy to come by. Astral shards somewhat equate to money. Sort of, not really.

Either way the lack of gear on the regular or ASAH is insane.
There's been no dragon helms of any kind (nor have I managed to pull one) in weeks.
Most named gear is trash anyway, granted. But after the BTA shift on recent loot I think ShitonyourScreenGames has essentially killed trades/market like the rest of the game.

Like, ffs, at least scrolls/shards were something one could trade.
The new system is completely closed. You either grind it out, or you grind it out.
And to most of us, we don't give a fuck since we had billions of scrolls to trade in (which does take a week to do so griding might be preferred).

Some of the decent gear is also BTA. And insignificant raid gear that no one uses (ml9 ?) Is still BTC which basically makes it sentient weapon food, if even.

I guess for guide sake I should put together a leveling gear kit at some point rather than the current "use what you scrounge" approach.
At least for ml11+ I guess.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Apr 18th, 2022 at 9:38am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Apr 15th, 2022 at 8:08am:
1 Barb for first level! It's only run speed that slows you down on an arcane. Until you get Fireball, Repair Serious Pots and a 2HF weapon. Seems fastest out of the lives I've tried.

Bard will be faster for r1 for sure. 1 barb 19 bard, super run speed. Never have to cast a heal spell in heroics past level 5. AOE damage and box breaking aoe.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #52 - Apr 18th, 2022 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Apr 17th, 2022 at 10:47pm:
Either way the lack of gear on the regular or ASAH is insane.
There's been no dragon helms of any kind (nor have I managed to pull one) in weeks.

Most named gear is trash anyway, granted.

You mean like the dragon helms in the current meta? If I recall they were not updated and are still crap compared to CC at the same level.

But after the BTA shift on recent loot I think ShitonyourScreenGames has essentially killed trades/market like the rest of the game.

Yeah, Astral Shards were an interesting idea but given the utter and complete LACK of things to trade/sell, what the hell is the point?

Yes, there are 5 or 6 rare items that sell. But what's the point? All you can buy are the other things, and they are hopelessly grindy to obtain in the first place. So there's no easy "farm a bunch of in-demand stuff and sell it to buy something rare" in DDO. So no actual market.

I guess for guide sake I should put together a leveling gear kit at some point rather than the current "use what you scrounge" approach.
At least for ml11+ I guess.

Please do. I would actually really love some kind of guide on must-have epic gear for EPLs.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Apr 18th, 2022 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Epic gear is easier with the epic gear revamp.
When I get to equipping that I'll write it down on here.
Meanwhile, go grid desert to have the base items to upgrade. Some of the best caster items are there - and I kept them on till level 30.

Weapon wise, now that shiradi doesn't exist anymore I'm not sure that the planar Conflux optimized on force matters one bit.
So any sentient you may have will probably be a better bet. I'll put down what I got as I get to it.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #54 - Apr 18th, 2022 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
That is the major upside to the revamp.

So when you say "desert" do you just mean the rare spawns or the quest loot?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Apr 18th, 2022 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
It's a bit of everything.
There's no exceptionally good must have raid gear from ADQ. Ok well, maybe the torq but then you probably wouldn't epic that.

The flames quest has some good stuff like ring of bahomet and the goggles you can likely Google for em starless nights I think?.
The spiked turban and whatever other set items (I think the ring with spell stuff) is also kind of a must. Ok well, it *was* when shiradi was a thing. Because it had spell power for several elements all into a single item.
Since shiradi is gone, that one ring is trash again.

VON red dragon helm/armor if you ever spent your life running von5 or got extremely lucky to pull a shard.
I only ever pulled the helm. And yea, it's great, but the spiked turban gives the set bonus. So it's better than the helm alone.

There's also some noteworthy ferns shit to get specific for casters. I think out last stand.

Non epic:
If you can snag them from sands, good clicking to have are Ring of the Ancestors and Spell Storing Ring.
Out of 20 tapestries turn in, I suggest the lavalier helm with 6int/6cha.

For ML11 so far.
Rock Boot, Flame Cloak, master artifice ring, blasting chime, form artifice.
Whatever GS you got (I have a cleansed belt but it got changed? I rember it giving 6dex Stat. Now it seems to be dex skills)
There's some 3barrel challenge shit to keep at ml11 too, but I never did, so unless the event crops up there's no point in looking at it. If you have it, factor it in.

Cannith crafting now is a lot easier but also a lot mote shit. Requiring a fucking astronomical amount of materials, some of which are bound to be new since I have no stacks of them and stacks close to 1000 of almost everything else. I wouldn't waste my fucking time with it, if not for just 1 item with a slot so you can slot in the XP stone.

Haven't tried pushing a higher level ml shard onto an existing item to see if it updates the ML without having to re-create the shards and re-make the item. If I had the shit to make the shards, I'd do goggles with true vision and something else that keeps the ml down to 5 or below.
- and that's just because I have no good goggles until level 20.
After that there's plenty.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #56 - Apr 18th, 2022 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Did the red dragon help get easier to obtain? I thought it was still an insanely-rare drop.

I actually have a red dragonscale docent and a shard to make 1 other thing. Haven't figured out exactly what to make yet since its still BtC. I of course have elven million FRDS because that is how many you get before landing a shard.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Apr 19th, 2022 at 1:13am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Apr 18th, 2022 at 9:32pm:
It's a bit of everything.
There's no exceptionally good must have raid gear from ADQ. Ok well, maybe the torq but then you probably wouldn't epic that.

The flames quest has some good stuff like ring of bahomet and the goggles you can likely Google for em starless nights I think?.
The spiked turban and whatever other set items (I think the ring with spell stuff) is also kind of a must. Ok well, it *was* when shiradi was a thing. Because it had spell power for several elements all into a single item.
Since shiradi is gone, that one ring is trash again.

VON red dragon helm/armor if you ever spent your life running von5 or got extremely lucky to pull a shard.
I only ever pulled the helm. And yea, it's great, but the spiked turban gives the set bonus. So it's better than the helm alone.

There's also some noteworthy ferns shit to get specific for casters. I think out last stand.

Non epic:
If you can snag them from sands, good clicking to have are Ring of the Ancestors and Spell Storing Ring.
Out of 20 tapestries turn in, I suggest the lavalier helm with 6int/6cha.

For ML11 so far.
Rock Boot, Flame Cloak, master artifice ring, blasting chime, form artifice.
Whatever GS you got (I have a cleansed belt but it got changed? I rember it giving 6dex Stat. Now it seems to be dex skills)
There's some 3barrel challenge shit to keep at ml11 too, but I never did, so unless the event crops up there's no point in looking at it. If you have it, factor it in.

Cannith crafting now is a lot easier but also a lot mote shit. Requiring a fucking astronomical amount of materials, some of which are bound to be new since I have no stacks of them and stacks close to 1000 of almost everything else. I wouldn't waste my fucking time with it, if not for just 1 item with a slot so you can slot in the XP stone.

Haven't tried pushing a higher level ml shard onto an existing item to see if it updates the ML without having to re-create the shards and re-make the item. If I had the shit to make the shards, I'd do goggles with true vision and something else that keeps the ml down to 5 or below.
- and that's just because I have no good goggles until level 20.
After that there's plenty.

TORQ? That's vendor trash

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #58 - Apr 19th, 2022 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
I think you need to go back to the DDO Forums and fail miserably before we bestow the fortuity to interact with the ancient foul wisdom that the vault can provide.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Apr 23rd, 2022 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
Don't feel like making a whole topic on SSG fuckery yet again.
Nothing here for now.
Going VIP and then terminating VIP will remove favor unlocked account wide things such as the Harper tree. Motherfucking lazy assholes.

To re-acquire it it's not enough to log into a toon with the favor rank either, you have to get the favor on another toon.

It would maybe help if SSG's DDO division wasn't populated by total fuckwads who actually got off their ass and fixed actual issues once in a goddamn while, wouldn't it?
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2022 at 11:55pm by Anothersock »  

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Apr 27th, 2022 at 2:00am
Print Post  
Alright so, being on the cusp of another gear swapparoo, let's note down what I find to be decent gear so far.

Of note, this gear isn't fit for reapers.
Either that, or between when I started this life and level 15 SSG went and increased the HP amount and damage on 1 skull reapers.
Running into a single carnage reaper in a level 10 quest (reaper 13) at level 14.
They are shredding though a sorc build with insane damage (like all sorc builds - one shots anything in elite) in one hit before they can be taken down which takes 2 to 3 hits.

Gear as follows:
Trinket
ML 11 - BloodStone
Ml 13
swap in - Litany
Or pale lav with beholder.
Ml 15
Shard of xoriat if sorc
Sustaining simbiolt if not.

Neck ml9 azure necklace of profecy (Raid)
Lighting lore 11%, magnetism 73, electric absorb 19%, resistance 20. (Wish I had the dragon eye on this toon to go with it).

Head ml 11.
Teraza's sight - wisdom 5, detect secret door clickie
OR
Totemic lavalier - int cha +6, 100 sp.

Head ml 13
Teraza's perfect sight ml 13 wis 6 true seeing.
Ml 15
Sage locket from PL, or random gen stuff.

Goggles, cannith craft with 2 slots at ML11.
Colorless - master's gift.
Yellow - fear immunity.
Blindness immunity for prefix
Insightful enchantment for suffix.
(If you can add in I insightful cha or int depending if you prefer wiz or sorc).
Ml 15
Possibly Sage spectacles from pl.

When you remeber to, cast deathward from visor of flesh render.

Docent:
Ml 8
gorgon docent. Con +4, earth guard (they'll nerf it because it kicks in always).
Ml 14
white dragon - fort 100, protection 5, shield 5, cold res 30.
Ml 15
Live wood core (normal) 110 fortification...

Breacers:

Ml 11
Bracers of wind if nothing else (necklace replacement)
Ml 13
Levik bracers - str 6, heal Amp 40.
Or
Wind howler. Situational if using bows.
Ml 15
Sage cuffs or skirmishes from past lives.
Thaarak bracelet maybe

Ring
Ml 11
Katra's wit - charisma 5, diplo 10.
Master artifice - wiz 154, recon 94, repair lore 14.
Ml 13
Katra's razor wit - cha 6, diplo 13.

Swap in spellstoring for 25sp hits when you are 1 fireball away from end quest but ran out. (Ml 11)
Ml 15
Master artifice upgrade,
Hint helix perhaps (Ml 14)

Boots:
Ml 11
Rock Boots. And that's all. Corrosion 94, acid lore, ans another prison guard that kicks off a lot.

Ml 13
Boots of innocent if you really cannot find another source of resistance +5 *this is ultimate vendor trash really*

Gloves
ML 11
Maenya's fists - str 5, intimidate 11. Completes the set. 20 artifact to spell power.
Ml 13
Maenya's iron first - str 6, intimidate 13 - set bonus again.
Ml 15
Guardians gauntlets.
Skirmishers gloves

Belt
Ml 11
Belt GS concordant opposition for a haste clickie.
Old-school thoughtful remembrance (new ones are Ml 13)Ml
Ml 13
Purging the pantheon for 100% fort until level 14 docent. (Literally because I didn't feel like vendor trashing it).
Ml 15
Guardians griddle
Sage's sash

Cloak
Ml 11
Cloak of flames - combustion 94, lore 14, fire absorption.
Clock of the zephir
Dream cloak
Cloak of ice for clickie.
Ml 13
Wretched twilight.

From level 9 onward a piece of gear is swapped around to keep fortification going. Usually either on the belt or on the docent/armor.

From level 14 onward it's Glass Cannon time.
With wondrous craftsmanship chain rewards providing +10 to stats (with a durability of 10, which doesn't really make them wounderours?)

Many pieces of gear are thus swapped to get pure Stat bonuses, even dumping artifact bonus from sora  Kell.

Wis, dex, str, and int all have their +10 until level 20.
Or possible 18 when you can swap back down for some other gear - will add to the list when I get to it.

This is also why most of my level 15 to 17 gear was fed to the sentient gem of recent.

Things will pick back up again at level 18 with shavarant ring/belt sets...

Weapons so far.
Ml 8
Whiching hour
Ml 10
Ancient vulkorim dagger dual world for set bonus (on rogues ofc).
Collapsible shortbow.
Ml 12
Master transmuters
Ml 14
Staff of flesh shaping
Staff of the petitioner.
Unwavering ardency.
Breeze
Too much trash to list. Also too situational. Or unimportant if you splice caster(s) into your build so you can get to 20 by nuking stuff.

Of note, 10 levels of wizards aren't that powerful since GOOD CC spells really come in well after that. I guess one can scroll mass holds, but that's just painful.
You run out of SP far too quick as pale master in a mixed class. That's just this build though.
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2022 at 2:01am by Anothersock »  

IP Logged

goldgolem
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Apr 27th, 2022 at 7:54am
Print Post  
39 racial + 51 epics + 24 iconics + 45 classes =  156 lives

You can double up if you plan right, but its still a ton, and about to have 6 more added top it

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #62 - Apr 27th, 2022 at 8:00am
Print Post  
goldgolem wrote on Apr 27th, 2022 at 7:54am:
39 racial + 51 epics + 24 iconics + 45 classes =  156 lives

You can double up if you plan right, but its still a ton, and about to have 6 more added top it

Your calculator broke.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Apr 27th, 2022 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Apr 27th, 2022 at 2:00am:
Alright so, being on the cusp of another gear swapparoo, let's note down what I find to be decent gear so far.

Of note, this gear isn't fit for reapers.
Either that, or between when I started this life and level 15 SSG went and increased the HP amount and damage on 1 skull reapers.
Running into a single carnage reaper in a level 10 quest (reaper 13) at level 14.
They are shredding though a sorc build with insane damage (like all sorc builds - one shots anything in elite) in one hit before they can be taken down which takes 2 to 3 hits.

Gear as follows:
Trinket
ML 11 - BloodStone
Ml 13
swap in - Litany
Or pale lav with beholder.
Ml 15
Shard of xoriat if sorc
Sustaining simbiolt if not.

Neck ml9 azure necklace of profecy (Raid)
Lighting lore 11%, magnetism 73, electric absorb 19%, resistance 20. (Wish I had the dragon eye on this toon to go with it).

Head ml 11.
Teraza's sight - wisdom 5, detect secret door clickie
OR
Totemic lavalier - int cha +6, 100 sp.

Head ml 13
Teraza's perfect sight ml 13 wis 6 true seeing.
Ml 15
Sage locket from PL, or random gen stuff.

Goggles, cannith craft with 2 slots at ML11.
Colorless - master's gift.
Yellow - fear immunity.
Blindness immunity for prefix
Insightful enchantment for suffix.
(If you can add in I insightful cha or int depending if you prefer wiz or sorc).
Ml 15
Possibly Sage spectacles from pl.

When you remeber to, cast deathward from visor of flesh render.

Docent:
Ml 8
gorgon docent. Con +4, earth guard (they'll nerf it because it kicks in always).
Ml 14
white dragon - fort 100, protection 5, shield 5, cold res 30.
Ml 15
Live wood core (normal) 110 fortification...

Breacers:

Ml 11
Bracers of wind if nothing else (necklace replacement)
Ml 13
Levik bracers - str 6, heal Amp 40.
Or
Wind howler. Situational if using bows.
Ml 15
Sage cuffs or skirmishes from past lives.
Thaarak bracelet maybe

Ring
Ml 11
Katra's wit - charisma 5, diplo 10.
Master artifice - wiz 154, recon 94, repair lore 14.
Ml 13
Katra's razor wit - cha 6, diplo 13.

Swap in spellstoring for 25sp hits when you are 1 fireball away from end quest but ran out. (Ml 11)
Ml 15
Master artifice upgrade,
Hint helix perhaps (Ml 14)

Boots:
Ml 11
Rock Boots. And that's all. Corrosion 94, acid lore, ans another prison guard that kicks off a lot.

Ml 13
Boots of innocent if you really cannot find another source of resistance +5 *this is ultimate vendor trash really*

Gloves
ML 11
Maenya's fists - str 5, intimidate 11. Completes the set. 20 artifact to spell power.
Ml 13
Maenya's iron first - str 6, intimidate 13 - set bonus again.
Ml 15
Guardians gauntlets.
Skirmishers gloves

Belt
Ml 11
Belt GS concordant opposition for a haste clickie.
Old-school thoughtful remembrance (new ones are Ml 13)Ml
Ml 13
Purging the pantheon for 100% fort until level 14 docent. (Literally because I didn't feel like vendor trashing it).
Ml 15
Guardians griddle
Sage's sash

Cloak
Ml 11
Cloak of flames - combustion 94, lore 14, fire absorption.
Clock of the zephir
Dream cloak
Cloak of ice for clickie.
Ml 13
Wretched twilight.

From level 9 onward a piece of gear is swapped around to keep fortification going. Usually either on the belt or on the docent/armor.

From level 14 onward it's Glass Cannon time.
With wondrous craftsmanship chain rewards providing +10 to stats (with a durability of 10, which doesn't really make them wounderours?)

Many pieces of gear are thus swapped to get pure Stat bonuses, even dumping artifact bonus from sora  Kell.

Wis, dex, str, and int all have their +10 until level 20.
Or possible 18 when you can swap back down for some other gear - will add to the list when I get to it.

This is also why most of my level 15 to 17 gear was fed to the sentient gem of recent.

Things will pick back up again at level 18 with shavarant ring/belt sets...

Weapons so far.
Ml 8
Whiching hour
Ml 10
Ancient vulkorim dagger dual world for set bonus (on rogues ofc).
Collapsible shortbow.
Ml 12
Master transmuters
Ml 14
Staff of flesh shaping
Staff of the petitioner.
Unwavering ardency.
Breeze
Too much trash to list. Also too situational. Or unimportant if you splice caster(s) into your build so you can get to 20 by nuking stuff.

Of note, 10 levels of wizards aren't that powerful since GOOD CC spells really come in well after that. I guess one can scroll mass holds, but that's just painful.
You run out of SP far too quick as pale master in a mixed class. That's just this build though.

What am I reading? Have you not seen Ravenloft or Fey gear? Stop overthinking level 8 -15 gear.

Your sorc needs 2 items. An xp item and a caster stick.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #64 - Apr 27th, 2022 at 11:41am
Print Post  
this is what my alchemist is wearing.  I swap gear 3 times in heroic.  at 5/10/15.  It's so much quicker not to fuck about every level, just 3 regearings total.  I keep cloak of flames updated at 7,11,15

Level 5: put on fey gear all over.
Robe of the Autumn Winds (Blue: Sapphire of Moderate Fortification)
Crown of Fireflies
goggles cannith crafted trueseeing of undeerwater action
Amber Pendant
Green Dragonscale Bracers
Gloves of Tranquility (Yellow: Master's Gift)
Belt of th Ram
Red Dragonscae Boots
Ring of Falls Decay
Nocturne Ring
Scarlet and Blue Ioun Stone
Queens Scepter
+2 Devoted 59 Orb of Healing Lore 9

Level 10: put on Ravenloft gear, beacon of magic set and Adherent of mists set. 
Barovian Nobles Robe (Green: Sapphire of Heavy Fortification)
Astute 6 Helm of Resistance 5 (Blue: Masters Gift. Yellow Topax of Wizardry +96)
Summoners Spectacles (Green: Topaz of Blindness Immunity)
Kindred Pendant (Yellow: Topaz of Water Breathing)
Cloak of Flames (update aat 11)
Blurfingered Gloves 
Silverthreaded Belt (Blue: )
Flightfoot Greaves (Yellow: Topaz of FeatherFall)
Deathwarden (Blue: )
Ring of Nightfall (Green: Saphire of False Life 18)
Symbol, of the Slave Lords (Blue: Diamond of  Con 5 Green: Sapphire of Defence 12)
Barovian Scepter (Red: )
4 Dampening 20 Orb of Combustion 38d Orb (Red: Ruby of Devotion 70. White: Diamond of Heal 10)

Level 15: put on Sharn set.  Esoteric Initiate set.
Orders' Garb (Blue: Sapphire of Heavy Fortification)
Astute 8 Helm of Spellsight 16 (Colourless: The Masters Gift. Yellow: Topaz of Deathblock)
Dusk Lenses  (Yellow: Topaz of Blindness Immunity)
Supreme Tyrant Green Steel Necklace of Concordant Opposition
Cloak of Flames (Green: Saphire of Defence +16)
Aetherband (Green: Sapphire of Resistance +6)
Sunstone Gauntlets(Blue: )
Bronze Dragonscale Belt (Blue: Saphir of False Life +24)
werwe symbol of slavelords @ lvl 16
Celestial Topaz Ring (Yellow: Diamond of Dexterity +6)
The Shattered Only (Blue: Diamond of Vitality +20)
+5 Summoning 3 Orb of Conjuration 2 (Red: Ruby of Devotion 84. Purple: )

It's not perfect but it covers pretty much everything you need in heroics

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #65 - Apr 27th, 2022 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
I need to find my heroic sorc gear again. Its been a long time.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Apr 27th, 2022 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Apr 27th, 2022 at 8:18am:
What am I reading? Have you not seen Ravenloft or Fey gear? Stop overthinking level 8 -15 gear.

Your sorc needs 2 items. An xp item and a caster stick. 

Don't own the packs, don't really plan too.
It's quintessentially a bad idea since I know the money I spend would never be used to actually *fix* broken stuff in game.

So maybe during a black firday Dale when it's $10 for the deluxe. Otherwise fuck that noise.

That said, for others who may have those expansions the feedback is good, so do keep it coming.
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2022 at 4:31pm by Anothersock »  

IP Logged

Everling
Waterworks Kobold

Living but dead.

Reply #67 - Apr 27th, 2022 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
It doesn't look like you have Sharn either? But there's an Orb (Resplendant Fury if you are fire, or another one for neg/cold/poison called Stygian Wrath) that gives you 50 temp spell points when you cast a fire spell (cooldown 45 seconds). The stats on Resplendant Fury are mostly for light, but I find the temp spell points help a lot with mana conservation, especially if you are spamming SLA's.

Though if you never run out, ignore this...

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Apr 27th, 2022 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
On the sorc you always run out. The 40 temp sp looks like a great way to use maximize all the time along with heighten. I'll look into it.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #69 - Apr 28th, 2022 at 6:31am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Apr 27th, 2022 at 4:30pm:
Don't own the packs, don't really plan too.

Ravenloft is fantastic, best pack ever IMO.  very flavourful, great quests, great loot. 
Not having Ravenloft is like going to a theme park and not doing any rides. Your loss.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #70 - Apr 28th, 2022 at 6:50am
Print Post  
Lets see what else is wrong with your gear, especially if you refuse to get packs with decent gear

level 8: Augment for 100% fortification.  Buy from augment vendor for a few shards.  If you ever have less then 100% fort you are simply asking melee mobs (reapers) to kill you with a trivial to confirm Critical

Using visor of flesh render guards. There's a lvl 3 clicky with 3 charges/10 minst deathward from saltmarsh.

All that old loot you are quoting is basically trash.

@ level 10 with no ravenloft, cannith craft all the items you need . 
prefix, suffix, extra effect, 2 augment slots.

<head?> Int 6, Parrying/Resistance, Insightful Int 2.  & 2 augments
<neck?> Con 6, Sheltering, Insightful Con 2. & 2 augments

@ level 15 those become stat +8, Insight stat +3.
@ Level 18 those become stat +9, Insight stat +4.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #71 - Apr 28th, 2022 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Apr 28th, 2022 at 6:31am:
Ravenloft is fantastic, best pack ever IMO.  very flavourful, great quests, great loot. 
Not having Ravenloft is like going to a theme park and not doing any rides. Your loss.

This.

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Apr 28th, 2022 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
When it goes on sale perhaps.

I'll have a deeper look at cannith crafting. I'm not into it at all, but if one can apply a level shard to upgrade the item withput recreating it entierly, it may be worth it.
If not I'd have to pull collectible bags to craft shit....

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #73 - Apr 29th, 2022 at 9:00am
Print Post  
I thought Ravenloft looked nice but found the running around tedious. It gets quicker as you learn them but ugh that first time in a few of them was painful, watching a pot tick away.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Apr 29th, 2022 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
If you are going in for the XP with a pot running on a quest you don't know, you should either have 1000s pots banked, or not care about the pot running.

I think I ran one or 2 of the sharn quests at level 30. They weren't the fastest to run to begin with due to wierd objectives like finding stuff.

However on an XP for Min time table, I think wilderness areas will beat all quests outright. Except the pit maybe depending on how well you know it to just jump on top of the furnaces without falling down/starting over.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint