Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Tabaxi preview? (Read 10786 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Tabaxi preview?
Apr 12th, 2022 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
This was yesterday, did we learn anything useful? I obviously didn't go watch anyone's retarded livestream, what are the highlights?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Tabaxi preview?
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
According to the motherboards the iconic is a monk. Anyone know if the racial will be +1 wis?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Shroud Slacker

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Monk?

Great.  Roll Eyes

Will the iconic be good with handwraps, kamas, or some other monk weapon?

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 3:52pm:
Monk?

Great.  Roll Eyes

Will the iconic be good with handwraps, kamas, or some other monk weapon?

The motherboards are saying quarter staffs? I honestly have no fucking clue why "some asshole's livestream" is considered the correct place to release information.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Shroud Slacker

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #4 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:08pm:
I honestly have no fucking clue why "some asshole's livestream" is considered the correct place to release information.

That's the way we like it, obviously!  Wink

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Well the iconic past life stances tned to be shit anyway so hey, fuck the iconic?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Found all the info:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/531266-U53-2-Preview-1-Tabaxi-and-Taba...

Highlights:

-Fucking dex for racial, say hellow to +4 on the stat we hardly use
-quarterstaff-based monk

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Natural Climber: +50% Movement Speed while climbing Ladders and other climbable surfaces (such as Vines)
(Known Issue: This ability is being cut for technical reasons, but has not been replaced yet in this build. We are open to suggestions on its replacement).

Yes, I'm sure they will listen very carefully...

Having read through the entire thing is is about 9 kinds of stupid.

The base Tabaxi can't make up its mind if its supposed to be swf or twf. The iconic has all sorts of special abilities that probably sounded good in the dev's head but are useless in practice. And as previously mentioned the racial PL grants +1 to dex, something needed by absolutely nobody.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #8 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 6:41pm:
Found all the info:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/531266-U53-2-Preview-1-Tabaxi-and-Taba...

Highlights:

-quarterstaff-based monk

I see ONE cool thing: There's CHA in the tree for when I bust through the racials as a sorc.   Grin

More seriously, this is kewl in theory and MAYBE even in practice.: Wide Sweep: Melee Quarterstaff Trip Cleave Attack: +1/3/5[W] to all nearby enemies and trips them. Shares cooldown with Great Cleave. Uses Trip DCs and Dex for its DC.

Not sure what a realistic DC would be. But, this is kinda neato potentially.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 7:35pm:
I see ONE cool thing: There's CHA in the tree for when I bust through the racials as a sorc.   Grin

More seriously, this is kewl in theory and MAYBE even in practice.: Wide Sweep: Melee Quarterstaff Trip Cleave Attack: +1/3/5[W] to all nearby enemies and trips them. Shares cooldown with Great Cleave. Uses Trip DCs and Dex for its DC.

Not sure what a realistic DC would be. But, this is kinda neato potentially.

I suspect it will end up being too low to be useful, but I mean its worth screwing with.

Its stupid little things like:

Quote:
High Places: After falling for at least 1.5 seconds, when you land you gain +2 Critical Hit Confirmation, +2 Critical Hit Damage, and +25% Armor Piercing for 20 seconds

That drive me nuts. Realistically how often do you think that will be remotely useful?

Or how about:

Quote:
Wayfinder's Weapons: Wooden Weapons you are wielding are immune to damage.

Because weapon damage and wooden quarter staves are common enough to waste a point on.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Shroud Slacker

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #10 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 9:02pm:
Because weapon damage and wooden quarter staves are common enough to waste a point on.

Legendary Souleater is usable now.

IP Logged

Oracler
Titan Demolisher

Sploits! omnomnom..

Reply #11 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 5:36am
Print Post  
Highlights U53.2:

- Tabaxi has a lot customization options and new quarterstaff animation.
- Tabaxi tree has +2 DEX/CHA, T2+T3 = 2 sneak dices, T4 evasion, T4 Defensive roll, extra Ki generation
- Tabaxi iconic (is a monk) tree has: T4 Wide sweep (quarterstaff cleave with trip), T4 no evasion but true seeing, T4 escape artist (tumble to get 20 sec 25% incorp + 25% conceal, 1 min cd)
- Tabaxi racial PL is : +1 tumble, +1 DEX, +1 racial AP
- Tabaxi iconic PL is:  +1/2/3 Trip DC stance, +1/2/3 trap save passive

- 2 new dinosaur mounts - 2 legged so your character is hopping while on em - really annoying
- Trap the Soul is now one spell, no HD limits/tiers, all soul gems will be reduced to one tier "medium" (for recipes also)
- lesser Shiradi nerf (7% proc, 7d77 dice, scales 100% spellpower) also stay good/frosty changed to stay Light/Force/Poison/Sonic

- Isle of Dredd will be pre-saled with the coming patch U53.2, so you can get your hand on Tabaxi/mounts earlier than expansion release.

Here's a drama, There's a drama, and another little drama
Fuzzy drama, Funny drama, drama drama duck

drama drama, cheesecake drama, tablet, brick, potato, drama
drama drama mushroom drama, drama drama duck

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #12 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 8:49am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 6:41pm:
Found all the info:

Highlights:

-quarterstaff-based monk

The 4 endgame assassins in the room rejoice for a full free +2 DC.

In all reality while I'm not exactly cheering for another +1 dex, I'm not going to complain about +2 reflex or +2 assassinate if I ever decide to go dex assassin again.

Honestly; if it wasn't for the fact I made my RDA medium as the most 'universal' choice between my usual build style, I'd probably roll some sort of evasion build and maybe get use out of that reflex at some point between here and the heat death of the universe.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 11:19pm:
Legendary Souleater is usable now.

For differing values of "usable".

Edrein wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 8:49am:
The 4 endgame assassins in the room rejoice for a full free +2 DC.

In all reality while I'm not exactly cheering for another +1 dex, I'm not going to complain about +2 reflex or +2 assassinate if I ever decide to go dex assassin again.

Honestly; if it wasn't for the fact I made my RDA medium as the most 'universal' choice between my usual build style, I'd probably roll some sort of evasion build and maybe get use out of that reflex at some point between here and the heat death of the universe.

Yeah I'd never say "no" to another +# stat, its just now there's more free dex floating around than anything else but dex is easily the least-used stat. I've got a stable of like 15 alts and not a single one of them uses dex.

IP Logged

Ferd
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 9:02pm:
Realistically how often do you think that will be remotely useful?
Likely a little more than your posts. Seriously, shut the fuck up. You play on lower difficulty levels and don't understand basic game concepts.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Ferd wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 12:02pm:
Likely a little more than your posts. Seriously, shut the fuck up. You play on lower difficulty levels and don't understand basic game concepts.

Oh, no, I guess you had better report me to the moderator!

Oh, wait...

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Ferd wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 12:02pm:

burn

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 4:59pm:
burn

Yeah cause old mate here always looks for the high ground to leap off before he attacks on R10.

IP Logged

blegh
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Apr 15th, 2022 at 5:58am
Print Post  
Dex-based is not too bad for a rogue quarterstaff fighter.

But then why make the iconic a monk? (This is a rethoric question)

Anyway, I foresee a lot of 12/6/2 splits and sorc/FVS rushing through Tabaxi lives.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Apr 15th, 2022 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
I'm probably going to skip the Tabaxi iconic lives, not really worth the effort. Unless the past life stance is really great or something.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #20 - Apr 15th, 2022 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 15th, 2022 at 12:46pm:
I'm probably going to skip the Tabaxi iconic lives, not really worth the effort. Unless the past life stance is really great or something.

I'm certain the iconic isn't/won't be worth it... The question is whether what little OCD I have will tolerate having all lives but those.... I suspect not.

Even worse, I think I might have to farm tokens to get those hearts!  That's terrible.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #21 - Apr 15th, 2022 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Apr 15th, 2022 at 3:37pm:
I'm certain the iconic isn't/won't be worth it... The question is whether what little OCD I have will tolerate having all lives but those.... I suspect not.

Even worse, I think I might have to farm tokens to get those hearts!  That's terrible.

The iconic hearts you can buy with seeds which are comparatively easy to get. Its the stupid true/blood hearts you have to farm for. Fortunately I just lucked into a new, relatively easy solution to that problem.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #22 - Apr 15th, 2022 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 15th, 2022 at 12:46pm:

If they listen to feedback and change the IPL to 3 MDB/Dodge Cap I'll do them.

Otherwise this is the first iconic I'll intentionally sit out. And I only ever did the Scoundrel ones inadvertently because I was playing builds that made use of the racial tree, not intentionally to get the IPL.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #23 - Apr 15th, 2022 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
IPLs have no passive effects, right? The only benefit is whatever the hell stance you're in?

I am tempted to do some more ITRs. I have enough heroic boxes to skip straight to 20, and weirdly I sort of enjoy the 20-30 climb(minus the gear desert of course).

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Apr 15th, 2022 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 15th, 2022 at 6:17pm:
IPLs have no passive effects, right? The only benefit is whatever the hell stance you're in?.

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint