Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic They seem to have finally nerfed DA (Read 4518 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

They seem to have finally nerfed DA
Apr 14th, 2022 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
I've been farming tokens again and did a few DA runs. EN now seems to grant EN rewards and EE grants rewards that were worse than En before the nerf.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: They seem to have finally nerfed DA
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2022 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
What is it you are saying?
That EN token drop rates were reduced, but the relationship between EN and EE drop rates remains unchanged?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2022 at 12:34am
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Apr 14th, 2022 at 11:29pm:
What is it you are saying?
That EN token drop rates were reduced, but the relationship between EN and EE drop rates remains unchanged?

Yes. EN now only drops 1 token(if that) and EE now drops average 1.5.

Fortunately, and I don't know if this was changed, but Von3 now averages 2.5 per run. I took my 5 chest pullers with me and netted 15 tokens. It takes slightly less time than DA, nets more tokens, and since you're active the whole time is definitely a lot less mind-numbing. I netted enough tokens for a TR in about 40 minutes.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2022 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
VoN 3 and WK give 2 tokens each plus whatever fragments you get. This used to be just 1 but I believe it was changed when the s/s/s system got changed/updated.

BoB is another 8 or so tokens in like 20 minutes or so.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2022 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
FTL wrote on Apr 15th, 2022 at 4:21pm:
VoN 3 and WK give 2 tokens each plus whatever fragments you get. This used to be just 1 but I believe it was changed when the s/s/s system got changed/updated.

Von3 actually gives 2 tokens PLUS roughly .5 tokens in fragments in the epic chest. As well as whatever you pick up along the way(which admittedly is only like 10 fragments usually). Still, that's average 15 tokens a run if you bring 5 chest pullers.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Shroud Slacker

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2022 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
FTL wrote on Apr 15th, 2022 at 4:21pm:

BoB?

Sorry, acronyms aren't my thing.

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #6 - Apr 15th, 2022 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Apr 15th, 2022 at 7:41pm:
BoB?

Sorry, acronyms aren't my thing.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Bargain_of_Blood

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Shroud Slacker

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #7 - Apr 16th, 2022 at 12:32am
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Apr 15th, 2022 at 8:18pm:

Ah. Thank you.

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Apr 18th, 2022 at 12:01am
Print Post  
I just ran an EN DA and got 2 tokens in two seperate chests.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Apr 18th, 2022 at 11:09am
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Apr 18th, 2022 at 12:01am:
I just ran an EN DA and got 2 tokens in two seperate chests.

Fuckin hell. Why does DDO RNG hate me so much?

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Apr 18th, 2022 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
I've always thought it's asinine how Turbine didn't just add Epic Tokens to every epic quest, instead of just relegating them to a handful of old adventure packs.

Lords of Dust EE is a pretty good source of tokens too; takes like 5 minutes, it's a guaranteed token, and often people will join your party and pass you tokens.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Apr 18th, 2022 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I've always thought it's asinine how Turbine didn't just add Epic Tokens to every epic quest, instead of just relegating them to a handful of old adventure packs.

They were in every epic quest when TR was first released. They just never added them to any quest ever after.

Quote:
Lords of Dust EE is a pretty good source of tokens too; takes like 5 minutes, it's a guaranteed token, and often people will join your party and pass you tokens.

LoD is not bad when you just want to kill time. Like "I've got 5 minutes to blow, let me pop on one of my D-list alts and burn through an EE lords run". Its exciting, fast, and fun.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Apr 18th, 2022 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 18th, 2022 at 1:33pm:
They were in every epic quest when TR was first released. They just never added them to any quest ever after.

Yes, I'm aware of that (I've been playing since 2012), but I'm saying I don't get why Turbine didn't go back and add more sources of them. It's needlessly prohibitive and bottlenecks us into playing certain quests, which just feels weird now that the epic game has continued to expand and expand.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Apr 18th, 2022 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yes, I'm aware of that (I've been playing since 2012), but I'm saying I don't get why Turbine didn't go back and add more sources of them. It's needlessly prohibitive and bottlenecks us into playing certain quests, which just feels weird now that the epic game has continued to expand and expand.

Oh that's easy: they hate the players. The hope was that we would spend __fifteen__ __fucking__ __dollars__ per TR if they made it irritating enough to farm them. The problem is like so many things, SSG was too retarded and did the math wrong. At the dollar cost for a heart of wood/blood most people will either grind or not TR. If they'd sold the hearts for maybe 4 bucks they probably could have made a fortune.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Apr 19th, 2022 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Idk.
People who like spreadsheets and eating shit - because you have to in order to keep playing their games for as many years as we have? - aren't too keen on wasting $4 on digital shit when there's actual work involved (to TR).

The Fortnite model works because you buy shit and you have to do nothing. That's how you make millions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Apr 19th, 2022 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Apr 19th, 2022 at 3:09pm:
Idk.
People who like spreadsheets and eating shit - because you have to in order to keep playing their games for as many years as we have? - aren't too keen on wasting $4 on digital shit when there's actual work involved (to TR).

The Fortnite model works because you buy shit and you have to do nothing. That's how you make millions.

No the fortnite model "works" because its the fad of the week and is wildly popular. If fortnite had the same population as DDO the developers would starve to death.

But yeah, I'd be perfectly happy to spend $4-5 per TR but never 15. That's just fuckin ludicrous.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Apr 19th, 2022 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 18th, 2022 at 1:33pm:
LoD. Its exciting, fast, and fun.

i worry about you sometimes

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Apr 19th, 2022 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 19th, 2022 at 5:27pm:
i worry about you sometimes

Don't worry, your mother takes great care of me.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Apr 19th, 2022 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 19th, 2022 at 5:46pm:
Don't worry, your mother takes great care of me.

Nice mom joke. Gunga is rubbing you off, I mean rubbing off onto you, I mean... You know what I mean.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Apr 20th, 2022 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 19th, 2022 at 5:26pm:
If fortnite had the same population as DDO the developers would starve to death.

Well, if ddo had the same population as fortine all toons would be stuck in place and unable to move because the servers can't handle the population we currently have, so adding more...

But yea. No. Paying $5 per TR is still insane for most of us.

I mean, I was gifted the goddman game in a fucking paper box like any other game.
The concept of having to "pay forever" to play is already insane considering how many millions they made off the paper box sales.
Then they went "free to play" and gave away "nothing" because the original game was literally that.
What is it like 8 hours to get all free quests and cap at 12 or whatvwer the cap was? With very bad quality on most textures/assets.

When MOTU came out, they actually put work into stuff. The artwork was markedly better. The content was markedly better.
Then they somehow ducked it up (elminster audio files are compressed to the point they distort. They swapped/changed assets to the point there's random z-fighting in the public areas. They destroyed epic destinies. Etc).
Anyway, my point was, it was worth the $15 purchase for the dedulxe edition during black Friday sales at the time. Now it's not even worth that.

I can't see spending money just to TR (Aside from the fact I'll probably never have to on any account).

What I could see spending $5 on is Huge or better bags for inv. Management / inv slots / shared bank shit.
Up to a point.
And I'm down to drop $35 on +8 tomes too.

That's stuff that "sticks" so I can excuse the indulgence. A hart? It's worth nothing - and it also implies a lot of work to get the TR going and do the leveling right when you aren't just running racial sorc lives.

(That's all for today's walls of text).

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Apr 20th, 2022 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Apr 20th, 2022 at 4:10pm:
But yea. No. Paying $5 per TR is still insane for most of us.

Right, so then how crazy is paying $15 per TR? Its fucking nuts, I hope.

I mean, I was gifted the goddman game in a fucking paper box like any other game.
The concept of having to "pay forever" to play is already insane considering how many millions they made off the paper box sales.

Dude... server infrastructure cost millions a year to maintain. You honestly believe a game could have stayed in business based entirely on the one-time sale pf physical copies 16 years ago? Dream on.

I can't see spending money just to TR (Aside from the fact I'll probably never have to on any account).

No matter what you charge for something, someone out there will say you are asking too much and someone else will say its not enough. If the hearts were 50 cents someone would still say that was "too much". I've encountered DDO players who pride themselves on "not spending money on games" and I also know people who've spent $15k on gaming PCs. That's just how economics work.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Apr 20th, 2022 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Servers do not cost millions - and I work in the industry of hosting and making games. Consider me the authority.
At the absolute most, if you are a real goddamn idiot, you end up paying 10k yearly. That's with maintenence.

The paperbox sales probably covered all server costs ever incurred ever.
Particularly since they probably did the sane thing and bought servers to colocate or self host. (Which is also the crux of lag aside from what has to be awful net code).

Any amount of spend on something that just means you can play the game again is flat out insane, period.
They knew this, and that's why they gave options to farm for shit.

The fact you are willing to spend $5 to TR makes you nuts.
People paying $15 or more are just fucking dumb.
That's how Turdbine/SSG has survived for years on end.
DUMB fucking player base.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #22 - Apr 21st, 2022 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Apr 20th, 2022 at 8:09pm:
Servers do not cost millions - and I work in the industry of hosting and making games. Consider me the authority.
At the absolute most, if you are a real goddamn idiot, you end up paying 10k yearly. That's with maintenence.

What, shitty little flash games? See I work in this industry, too; and I know $10K won't even cover monthly colocation charges for the kind of hardware needed to virtualize DDO's servers. There's also software licensing fees, support contracts, maintenance costs, and bandwitdh to consider.  DDO is not running on a single Dell R630; this is a mainframe-level machine backed by a SAN. The annual support contract for the device that holds the game's database is going to be $30k, minimum. Unless SSG retardedly built their own, in which case the pay check for the guy they have to keep on staff to fix it constantly is probably more like $70k.

The paperbox sales probably covered all server costs ever incurred ever.

So, in your head, the game was developed for free? Paper box sales went to pay back the cost of development, and the game was loosing money its first few years. The margins on selling physical copies are crap, that's why they stopped. The game that's $60 on store shelves earns SSG(Turbine at the time) about $1-5 a sale. And they did not sell "millions" of copies.

The real money-maker is the subscription model. MMOs are like gym memberships, tons of people buy them and then never use them. So they sell a physical copy of the game and earn enough for a McChiken; then a month later they get $15 of pure profit. THAT is what rakes in all the cash.

Particularly since they probably did the sane thing and bought servers to colocate or self host.

There's been quite a lot of spirited debate on this topic. Flav, our resident frenchmen and telco expert, believes the servers are colocated and thinks he's even identified the company that hosts them. Various comments from SSG on the other hand seem to indicate the servers are located at an in-house data center right at SSG headquarters. Its anyone's guess, really.

The fact you are willing to spend $5 to TR makes you nuts.

Of course I'm nuts. I paly DDO. I'm willing to spend that but unable to because they don't sell hearts at that price.

People paying $15 or more are just fucking dumb.

Yes. My entire point was "$5 might be reasonable, $15 is fucking ludicrous".

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #23 - Apr 21st, 2022 at 2:22am
Print Post  
Paying $5 per TR is still insane for most of us.

Not if you have a job.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Apr 21st, 2022 at 3:41am
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Apr 19th, 2022 at 6:53pm:
Nice mom joke. Gunga is rubbing you off, I mean rubbing off onto you, I mean... You know what I mean.

eww she's like 200 years old. This just makes me worry more about you, in a creepy and awkward sort of way

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint