Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic They seem to have finally nerfed DA (Read 4522 times)
Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Re: They seem to have finally nerfed DA
Reply #25 - Apr 21st, 2022 at 7:10am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 21st, 2022 at 3:41am:
eww she's like 200 years old. This just makes me worry more about you, in a creepy and awkward sort of way

Can I get her number?

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Apr 21st, 2022 at 8:13am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Apr 21st, 2022 at 7:10am:
Can I get her number?

yeah, because i know she would have a good time with you

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Apr 21st, 2022 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 21st, 2022 at 12:25am:
See I work in this industry, too; and I know $10K won't even cover monthly colocation charges for the kind of hardware needed to virtualize DDO's servers.

You are completely insane and know next to nothing about virtualization, servers, hosting, colocation, or anything related if you think that:
A) 70k yearly is an acceptable salary for anyone competent to maintain a server at a location.
And
B) 30K for the database is an acceptable cost.

I have worked on several major titles. Ranging from peer to peer to regular server hookup. Not even the AAA companies I worked for spend more than $15k yearly on *all* servers, including their website machines and internal file-sharing cloud solutions.
And they easily would spend more if they could, since to someone like Ubi it's a tax write off.

We don't know what SSG does. We can guess.
My guess is they have a local machine to test. They build and deploy shit, test locally.
Proceed to Ignore all the problems the actual game everyone else plays has, and call it day.

Regarding "who paid for the initial game".
Again you know absolutely fucking nothing.
Today's good salary for a 3d artist is $90k yearly.
Today's good salary for a decent coder is $150k yearly.

With the paper sales alone they probably paid off 20 employees at various rates, the servers for all years to come, and still made a huge profit to whoever the investors were.
On top of also paying for the WOTC licensing, which was probably more expensive than anything else considering they granted it in perpetuity or some such shit where apparently they cannot revoke it.

Also, no one told them to keep the initial staff around for maintenence. The reason they were not making a profit was the fact they kept useless staff and still do. Like fatsovan.
If you have to pay minimum wage full time yearly stipend for incompetence, going under is kind of inevitable...

« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2022 at 1:12pm by Anothersock »  

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #28 - Apr 21st, 2022 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 21st, 2022 at 8:13am:
yeah, because i know she would have a good time with you

She'll only feel 100 with me.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm: