Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Well servers down after coming up as they investigate "game instability issues" (Read 3808 times)
somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Well servers down after coming up as they investigate "game instability issues"
Reply #25 - Apr 27th, 2022 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Isn't seeing them punch themselves in the balls over and over more entertaining than the actual game anyways?

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Re: Well servers down after coming up as they investigate "game instability issues"
Reply #26 - Apr 27th, 2022 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
goldgolem wrote on Apr 27th, 2022 at 8:36pm:
just gone down again with 30 seconds warning

Is this why DDO won't connect to patch server right now?

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

goldgolem
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Apr 27th, 2022 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Apr 27th, 2022 at 8:40pm:
Isn't seeing them punch themselves in the balls over and over more entertaining than the actual game anyways?

At this point I feel it is actually myself punching my own balls

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #28 - Apr 27th, 2022 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Apr 27th, 2022 at 8:40pm:

Fuck Em.  Fuck those fucking liars.  Holier than thou video game makers, oops i mean maintainers.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Apr 27th, 2022 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
You fellas are definitely making me glad I chose to work all day instead of even attempting to log for today Smiley

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #30 - Apr 27th, 2022 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Apr 27th, 2022 at 9:57pm:
You fellas are definitely making me glad I chose to work all day instead of even attempting to log for today Smiley

Yeah never attempt to play the day it comes out. That's just asking for trouble.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #31 - Apr 28th, 2022 at 8:51am
Print Post  
I see lots of people having agripe against monkeys in that thread...

Honestly, do you think moneys ( or apes for that mater ) would do that kind of sloppy job ?

Strangely, I've been there and done that... deployed a nice upgrade thatr went the Dodo way as soon as it went live.

Actually it was a whole harwdare/suftware upgrade and was supposed to be plug-n-play [ bring the new server next to the old one, unplug the LAN from the old server, plug in on the new one, unplug the X.25 from the old server and plug on the new one, make tests, go home. watch the application crash upon itself, restart the application, watch it crashing again, restart the shole server and see the application crash once more... go through the whole list of tricks known by anybody working with that system ( and some known only by me ) and see it crash again...
move back LAN and X.25 to the old server and head to the office ( after collecting logs ) with the tail between the legs.

It took 3 weeks of happy testing in the afternoon ( for me ) and unhappy coding mornings for the Indian homo sapiens in charge to get something that didn't crash as soon as I put some load onto it.
Note that before going to the customer site with the new hardware, it had been througthly tested [ not load tested ] to make sure it worked as intended. The trick was the load. ( having to deal with alarms and statistic files form multiple live public exchanges instead of single generated alarms or single statistic files from a testbed )

all that to say that monkeys ( and apes ) do not deserve being pointed out when the culprit is an homo sapiens

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #32 - Apr 28th, 2022 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
I'm think that since there are Otto boxes included in the expansion, they are trying to fix the duping issue. Calling it a "stability" issue.

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #33 - Apr 28th, 2022 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on Apr 28th, 2022 at 2:07pm:
I'm think that since there are Otto boxes included in the expansion, they are trying to fix the duping issue. Calling it a "stability" issue.

I thought the duping issue was fixed several patches ago? I needed another heroic box like I needed more holes in my head, but it was still a nice touch all the same.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint