Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Isle of Dread : masterwork or inflation or crap? (Read 7569 times)
SweetKitten
Waterworks Kobold

Meeow

Isle of Dread : masterwork or inflation or crap?
Apr 28th, 2022 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Isle of Dread includes 12 quests, 1 raid, and 1 wilderness area.

Isle of Dread features will be available for points in the DDO Store in December 2022:

• Isle of Dread Quests: 3995 DDO Points

• Tabaxi Character Race: 1595 DDO Points

• Trailblazer Iconic: 1395 DDO Points

• Tome of Destiny +1 (Dread type): 3495 DDO Points

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Isle of Dread : masterwork or inflation or crap?
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2022 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Crap.
They are just trying to push the pre-sales to make up for the amount of subscribers that they cause to jump ship by making stupid fucking decisions like nerfing shiradi, not fixing any bug, bringing new content no-one asked for.
Fucking the racial completionist.
Etc.

If you make it look like the TP cost is prohibitive, you are far more likely to make that $99 or whatever deluxe pre-order *now*.

If people are smart, they'll see this and tell SSG to go fuck itself.
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2022 at 4:41pm by Anothersock »  

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2022 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
4000 fucking points for the quests? DOUBLE?

I'd say inflation!

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2022 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Apr 28th, 2022 at 4:41pm:
4000 fucking points for the quests? DOUBLE?

I'd say inflation!

Which is down right silly if true. Inflation should be changing the $$ cost of DDO points, not upping the point cost of things. That's just freaking stupid.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Apr 29th, 2022 at 12:42am
Print Post  
What in the fuck? 4k points is absurd. Where are you seeing that by the way? Do they still not realise how hard it is for players to catch up in terms of content?

Saltmarsh was already bad enough. I think it was 2k points for 10 quests and no raid?

What happened to ravneloft and sharn? You got TONS of stuff for what you paid for. Not to mention shadowfell and MOTU gave you tons of goodies...free character slots, iconics, epic destinies, etc...they had so much value built in....

I predict it will be another shitty large wilderness with no fucking guides like Feywild. Has there been a preview of the content on the test server yet? Other than tabaxi?
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2022 at 12:48am by ManyCookies »  

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #5 - Apr 29th, 2022 at 5:45am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 28th, 2022 at 9:45pm:
Which is down right silly if true. Inflation should be changing the $$ cost of DDO points, not upping the point cost of things. That's just freaking stupid.

1. Points are free.  every 100 faction you get points.  Points are free.  VIP's get 500 points every month automatically. 

2. Points that you have already bought is money you have already spent.  They have no value to SSG and generate no new income for SSG.

3. Buying things for actual money now is income.

4. Making things in the store "expensive" for points that you can also buy directly for money is how you generate income, either in pre-sales (before june 8) or actual sales (june-9 to december)

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 29th, 2022 at 5:54am
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Apr 29th, 2022 at 12:42am:
What in the fuck? 4k points is absurd. Where are you seeing that by the way? Do they still not realise how hard it is for players to catch up in terms of content?

Saltmarsh was already bad enough. I think it was 2k points for 10 quests and no raid?

What happened to ravneloft and sharn? You got TONS of stuff for what you paid for. Not to mention shadowfell and MOTU gave you tons of goodies...free character slots, iconics, epic destinies, etc...they had so much value built in....

I predict it will be another shitty large wilderness with no fucking guides like Feywild. Has there been a preview of the content on the test server yet? Other than tabaxi?

Its in the FAQ https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-isle-of-dread-purchase-faq

Isle of Dread FAQ
Can I purchase Isle of Dread with Store Points?

Isle of Dread features will be available for points in the DDO Store in December 2022:

• Tabaxi Character Race: 1595 DDO Points

• Trailblazer Iconic: 1395 DDO Points

• Tome of Destiny +1 (Dread type): 3495 DDO Points

Is Tabaxi Character Race free to VIPs?

Yes. If you are a VIP you can automatically access the Tabaxi Character Race so long as your
subscription is active.

Where is Zalnathe located?

Zalnathe is located in The Harbor, on the docks past the trainers located near the Hut from Beyond.

Zalnathe won't talk to me, what do I do?

If you were logged into the game at the time of your purchase you may need to log out of the
game and back in before the changes take effect on your account.

For the Heroic or Improved Epic Otto’s Boxes from Collector’s and Ultimate edition, are they granted once per account, or once per server world?

Zalnathe will only deliver one Bound Heroic Otto’s Box (for the Collector’s edition) or one Bound
Improved Epic Otto’s Box (for the Ultimate Edition) per account, to the first character that claims
them from her. She will not grant them again on subsequent servers.

I misplaced my Collector’s or Ultimate edition cosmetics. How do I get more?

Speak with Zalnathe again! So long as you own Collector’s or Ultimate Edition Isle of Dread, any
time you need another one of your cosmetics you can return to Zalnathe and ask for another
one.

What level are the Teal the Raptor Hirelings? Are they permanent? Is it even wise of me to travel with velociraptors?

Collector's Edition comes with a Permanent Gold Seal Heroic Level 7 Teal the Raptor Hireling,
while Ultimate Fan Bundle Edition comes with a Permanent Gold Seal Legendary Level 32 Teal
the Raptor Hireling. Teal the raptor is quite safe for you to travel with, but whether or not it is
wise to try and domesticate raptors is a philosophical question if you’re not from the Talenta
planes.

How many quests, raids, and such are in Isle of Dread?

Isle of Dread includes 12 quests, 1 raid, and 1 wilderness area.
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2022 at 5:55am by Justanotherlurker »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #7 - Apr 29th, 2022 at 8:50am
Print Post  
SweetKitten wrote on Apr 28th, 2022 at 3:58pm:

Hahaha. I'll skip another "expansion" then.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Apr 29th, 2022 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 28th, 2022 at 9:45pm:

It's not "silly" so much as it's "highway fucking robbery"

I'm not even sure I will buy it with points. And I sure as fuck don't give these jokers actual cash anymore.

Sharn and Ravenloft had more content. Yet it's DOUBLE the cost?

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

goldgolem
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Apr 29th, 2022 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Im one of the unlucky fuckers that their payment system doesnt work for. So if I want this, I have to earn every single point doing quests

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #10 - Apr 29th, 2022 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Inflation comes to DDO. I should buy more Bitcoin.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Apr 29th, 2022 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Apr 29th, 2022 at 1:37pm:
It's not "silly" so much as it's "highway fucking robbery"

I'm not even sure I will buy it with points. And I sure as fuck don't give these jokers actual cash anymore.

Sharn and Ravenloft had more content. Yet it's DOUBLE the cost?

That's the part thats really stupid though. Its double the cost but only if you buy it for points. If you buy it for cash its the exact same cost as Sharn/Feywild. And the dollar cost of points remains the same. The point values are the one thing that NEVER needs to be affected by inflation because the forces of inflation need not act upon them.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Apr 29th, 2022 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Maybe you don't get it, so I'll say it again in a different flavor:

They are doing it so people like you will actually buy the pre-order and they can go back to the parent company saying "see? It's not true what everyone says that we are loosing profit and completely suck at our jobs".

If enough idiots shed piles of cash for this shit reliably, they have absolutely no fucking reason to ever even attempt to do any better.

My hope is that most people and you fuckers see the light and stop giving this shit company your money.
Then maybe by some fucking miracle, they will fire the same old fuckers in management and coding positions that have literally ruined the game with bullshit for the last 8 or so years...

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #13 - Apr 29th, 2022 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Apr 29th, 2022 at 5:33pm:
My hope is that most people and you fuckers see the light and stop giving this shit company your money.
Then maybe by some fucking miracle, they will fire the same old fuckers in management and coding positions that have literally ruined the game with bullshit for the last 8 or so years...

I remember my first beer...

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #14 - Apr 29th, 2022 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
so this is their fabled "looking to add value to VIP"?

Double the cost so your 500 monthly DDO Points are worth less?

if they were smart they'd have vip only limited time sales.  For the next 24 hrs, VIP can buy ANYTHING in the store for 90 percent off!  Must spend minimum 1000 pts or something

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Apr 30th, 2022 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Smart?
SSG / Turdbine?
Oxymoron.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Apr 30th, 2022 at 2:48am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Apr 29th, 2022 at 5:33pm:
Maybe you don't get it, so I'll say it again in a different flavor:

They are doing it so people like you will actually buy the pre-order and they can go back to the parent company saying "see? It's not true what everyone says that we are loosing profit and completely suck at our jobs".

If enough idiots shed piles of cash for this shit reliably, they have absolutely no fucking reason to ever even attempt to do any better.

We know why they are doing it, we are just saying its fucking stupid and a turn off. They are just chasing more players away. Buying it for cash lets you get it 1 year earlier than everyone who buys it for points, that is already a huge incentive.

Buying it for cash also used to give you freebies...ravenloft and sharn gave you 20 shards + 1 cake.

If they wanted more people to buy it with cash, maybe they could bring the freebies? They stopped bothering to include freebies with feywild. Add more freebies, shadowfell and MOTU had tons of freebies...

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #17 - Apr 30th, 2022 at 6:25am
Print Post  
The cash costs are in line with feywild.   Maybe $5 or $10 higher.  The points look like approx 10,000.  With a double points weekend, you can get 33,500 points for $200.  So that looks like around $55 to buy with ddo points.  If you are vip and use the 3000 you will build up between now and then and you don’t need the race it’s more like 6,000 points.   Which would be like $35.  Or you can wait for the expansion to be in a sale for 50% or 75% off and get it even cheaper.   

Doesn’t sound too bad to me.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - May 1st, 2022 at 2:40am
Print Post  
Welp, may this be the straw that makes their careers end

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #19 - May 1st, 2022 at 9:33am
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Apr 30th, 2022 at 2:48am:
Buying it for cash also used to give you freebies...ravenloft and sharn gave you 20 shards + 1 cake.

Otto's heroic box (1/account)
Otto's improved epic (1/account)
Destiny tome (for each character)

what are those if not what you would call freebies equivalent to what you got in the other packs?

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - May 2nd, 2022 at 4:13am
Print Post  
Irrelevant. They're doing a god damn level cap increase with 12 quests. This has NEVER worked.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #21 - May 2nd, 2022 at 7:15am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 30th, 2022 at 6:25am:
The cash costs are in line with feywild.   Maybe $5 or $10 higher.  The points look like approx 10,000.  With a double points weekend, you can get 33,500 points for $200.  So that looks like around $55 to buy with ddo points.  If you are vip and use the 3000 you will build up between now and then and you don’t need the race it’s more like 6,000 points.   Which would be like $35.  Or you can wait for the expansion to be in a sale for 50% or 75% off and get it even cheaper.   

Doesn’t sound too bad to me.

$10 higher at each tier I believe.

I could get behind a $10 hike if I felt like there was as much content. But at the cost of sounding like a miser I'm not biting at:

1. A race that is literally Shifter 2.0 with worse racial trees.
2. Dinosaurs (let's be real we're paying premium for the model work not the actual quest amount)
3. A level cap increase literally no one wanted.
4. An expansion with no Universal tree? Hell even Shitmarsh had Horizon Walker to soften the blow even if I don't play ranged.
5. We just got the EDs updated and they couldn't even drop us Keeper of the Curse or whatever the warlock destiny is to try and keep interest going. I suspect it'll be 2-3 years before we see Keeper or the Arti one.
6. One Raid. Well at least they didn't pull a Feywild and promise two, deliver one late, and cancel the second to release it 2 years later as an adventure pack.

Now. Maybe they're playing the additional frills to the chest. Maybe they're at work at revamping Monk to make the Monk Iconic choice make sense to all of us that are scratching our fucking heads. Maybe they're doing other enhancement based tweaks. Or maybe they're just saving the work load to possibly give us the Revenant Universal Tree in the fall (at this point I doubt that.)

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - May 2nd, 2022 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
What makes you think more than one asshole works at the coding and UI side of things?
They don't have a team that works at a destiny. They have one idiot that can't do math that works at the destiny. QeD by the very asshole postings his math on the motherboard and not being smart enough to actually plug numbers into the formula to check it.

In 2022 the dinosaurs are likely given to them from their parent company. They didn't put any design time into anytnig.

One asshole got paid to assemble whatever kit they were provided with into levels that more or less make sense (If they even do? I haven't seen this content, and not sure anyone has yet).
This is also not the same asshole that used to make decent level stuff. That sadistic shit who boobytrapped collectibles was probably fired eons ago (If he didn't die off from all the cursing people sent his way).

Then you have the Audio smuck, who apparently has singlehandedly ruined old content with sound compression.

And then you have the voce actors, because you can't get by with stealing fatsovan voice and changing people $120 for it.

That's likely the extent of their team. Considering how much money they loose if you go by remaining subscribers after all their bullshit in the past 5 years.

Note that there is no "internet" guy, because to SSG the game is perfect and lag free, so it doesn't need any more net code to prevent anything at all. *those aren't the lags you are looking for*.

It's a pathetic excuse for a company.

Oh and I forgot fatsovan very important company image job:. BAN anyone asking questions the company doesn't like from motherboards.

I'm surprised that as a subsidiary they are being allowed to keep existing ffs.
It's like the black fucking hole of accountability. No one is held accountable for shit, and people who should have been out on their ass begging for scraps in the middle of the street 10 years ago still have a job there doing absolutley nothin.

And mind you, it's not like they play the fucking game instead of working - if they did they'd get pissed at stuff and fix it.....
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2022 at 2:08pm by Anothersock »  

IP Logged

liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - May 2nd, 2022 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 2nd, 2022 at 2:06pm:
Oh and I forgot fatsovan very important company image job:. BAN anyone asking questions the company doesn't like from motherboards.

Yeah, they seem to be even more thin skinned than usual, handing out warnings for anything resembling constructive criticism.

The only way to save DDO at this point is to let it die.  Every penny spent at this point is telling their powers that be "these people deserve their jobs" when they don't.  There's no chance of improvement until their numbers drop enough that they bring in a new team.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - May 2nd, 2022 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
liljiggy wrote on May 2nd, 2022 at 3:41pm:
There's no chance of improvement until their numbers drop enough that they bring in a new team.

I like the vitriol. But, if the numbers drop, no one is bringing in a new team.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint