Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Isle of Dread : masterwork or inflation or crap? (Read 7582 times)
Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Re: Isle of Dread : masterwork or inflation or crap?
Reply #25 - May 4th, 2022 at 1:00am
Print Post  
1. fuck ssg - for whatever reason just fuck em

2. you cheap fucks 130 for best pack which includes 2 ottos boxes which cost $100 unduped so 30 bucks for the quests, raids, fast port etc etc etc etc

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - May 4th, 2022 at 5:18am
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on May 4th, 2022 at 1:00am:

2. you cheap fucks 130 for best pack which includes 2 ottos boxes which cost $100 unduped so 30 bucks for the quests, raids, fast port etc etc etc etc

1. Yes
2. Only morons buy boxes at full price

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #27 - May 4th, 2022 at 8:32am
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on May 4th, 2022 at 1:00am:

I usually shill out the big boy bucks when they drop an expansion. Exception was Saltmarsh where I bought the $20 on the principle, as at the time it didn't feel like a validated 'mini expansion' as they called it. Especially after they pulled that shit in LOTRO and no one there liked it either.

This go around I genuinely don't feel like the $10 price hike for an ottos box is worth it. Maybe if there was an Universal Tree or a new Destiny in the expansion I'd be more willing to throw down money. But I just feel like the value isn't truly there.

Then again my main is a maxed triple comp; so boxes have low-to-no value for me.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - May 5th, 2022 at 8:47am
Print Post  
And that will be a mercy to a bunch of computer hardware running itself ragged to keep some terrible programmers employed.

IP Logged

Oracler
Titan Demolisher

Sploits! omnomnom..

Reply #29 - May 15th, 2022 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 28th, 2022 at 9:45pm:
Which is down right silly if true. Inflation should be changing the $$ cost of DDO points, not upping the point cost of things. That's just freaking stupid.

Inflation of points vs raising the $cost of VIP and TP? Answer is obvious.

By decreasing the TP value they also decrease "free" income value from favor. I'm a casual player and every 2 weeks doing a Epic+heroic past life combo which brings 500TP, twice the amount VIP's get.

Here's a drama, There's a drama, and another little drama
Fuzzy drama, Funny drama, drama drama duck

drama drama, cheesecake drama, tablet, brick, potato, drama
drama drama mushroom drama, drama drama duck

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - May 15th, 2022 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Oracler wrote on May 15th, 2022 at 7:55pm:
Inflation of points vs raising the $cost of VIP and TP? Answer is obvious.

By decreasing the TP value they also decrease "free" income value from favor. I'm a casual player and every 2 weeks doing a Epic+heroic past life combo which brings 500TP, twice the amount VIP's get.

Maybe they are finally realizing that the incentivized the heroic past lives too much. More lives, favor reset, more free points.
If they were smart (and we ALL know they are not) they would have made racials only an option for an epic TR, no favor reset, no free points.

But we know the whole "business" thing isn't their strength either.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #31 - May 15th, 2022 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on May 2nd, 2022 at 3:54pm:
I like the vitriol. But, if the numbers drop, no one is bringing in a new team.

If the number's drop enough, the game's on/off switch will be set to "off" and that'll be the end of it.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #32 - May 15th, 2022 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on May 15th, 2022 at 9:06pm:
If the number's drop enough, the game's on/off switch will be set to "off" and that'll be the end of it.

They launder money from the Russian criminal world.  They will never run out of money.  Their bullshit player numbers and their bullshit per player money amounts.

It's columbus nova all over, same people, just different company names as they roll their ill gotten profits into mergers and acquisitions.  Now they've been "bought" by eq7 or whatever the fuck that company is named.  But it was bullshit again as the same people have now taken over and "shelled" their criminal asses in a veneer of legitimacy.

On the one hand, I think they're are all evil fucks who should suffer and die.  But on the other, I kinda like playing DDO sometimes.  Plus, I'm not exactly an angel myself, so...  If it keeps the lights on, I don't give a shit about the murder, the drugs, the prostitution, the gambling.

I get my few hours a month of shitty gameplay phoned in by idiot devs who don't even know where the money comes from at the cost of more evil in the world.  Meh, I can live with it.

IP Logged

Oracler
Titan Demolisher

Sploits! omnomnom..

Reply #33 - May 16th, 2022 at 8:36am
Print Post  
Someone already did the math here basing on eq7 reports that DDO brings about $1 mil monthly revenue, and costs are about $300k monthly (incl. investment).

Pretty milky cow I'd say.

At the end of 2021 there was ~200k accounts, about half is a VIP (which is unique for this game, industry standard is 30% for f2ps), there is about 350k active characters across all servers.

If it ever gonna switch to maintenance only mode the population should drop to 1/4 of current. And looking at the demographics graphs if they somehow stop releasing new  content after Isle of Dread - it will happen in 6+ years (worst observed decay was 20% year-to-year).  And beside content releasing they still have options to gather more ppl (first free quests code gave +50% population)... or to make some ppl walk away (hardcore)

Here's a drama, There's a drama, and another little drama
Fuzzy drama, Funny drama, drama drama duck

drama drama, cheesecake drama, tablet, brick, potato, drama
drama drama mushroom drama, drama drama duck

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #34 - May 16th, 2022 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Oracler wrote on May 16th, 2022 at 8:36am:
Someone already did the math here basing on eq7 reports that DDO brings about $1 mil monthly revenue, and costs are about $300k monthly (incl. investment).

If they're seeing that kind of ROI it seems like they could stand to spend the $60k or so it would cost to hire a competent marketing team(I'm basing that price point on the cost to fire the incompetents and hire smart people at the same rate). Which after a few minor fixes(making the "free quest codes" thing permanent for all new accounts) and then just... some, fucking ANY, kind of effort to help new players "catch up" to existing ones, and the game could easily keep going another 10 years.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - May 16th, 2022 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
I doubt your worse decay accounts for them deliberately fucking accounts up and causing people to leave.
20% given the current server population of mostly remaining fuckwads is very, very conservative. I'd say they lost a good 60% of paid vip in one year due to their stupidity.

IP Logged

Nub
Korthos Resident

Reply #36 - May 16th, 2022 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Oracler wrote on May 16th, 2022 at 8:36am:

Pretty milky cow I'd say.

I struggled with the numbers on that report because so many things don't seem to add up.

Population aside, the non existant QA/CS, Cordo still being the face, the increasingly bad gameplay experience (mismanaged resources? Incompetent or just ignorant programmers), the... ugh just makes me angry typing this.

700k/m net profit and the best advertising they can do is Lynnabel on Strimtom's twitch channel? No chance

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - May 16th, 2022 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
What I think is that they are pulling another "we will pay you when this sells" to the current development team.

Thing is, they don't really deserve any kind of salary given their work...

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #38 - May 17th, 2022 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
More likely all of the money is being flowed upwards to EG7. SSG's work stinks of "The pays the same whether you try or not".

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #39 - May 18th, 2022 at 6:52am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 16th, 2022 at 11:34pm:
What I think is that they are pulling another "we will pay you when this sells" to the current development team.

or think about this. The current dev team have contracts with the company that they are employed by and have been employed by for years that stipulate that they get paid monthly. 

of those 2 ideas which do you think is more likley?

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - May 18th, 2022 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Depends. It's not like they didn't pull the "we can't afford to pay you" bullshit already.
It's not like they treated the initial batch of people with any respect as I recall.
The difference is that if they were still doing so now the people there absolutely deserve it for being incompetent...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint