Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic It was easier to ban me than fix the billing issues (Read 6617 times)
goldgolem
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

It was easier to ban me than fix the billing issues
May 5th, 2022 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Perma banned because I kept asking them to fix billing issues. Guess its only the company of true degenerates I can keep now

Although maybe Lynnable decided she didnt like my post on this forum too
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2022 at 11:17am by goldgolem »  

IP Logged

Latetotheparty
Dragon Raider

Re: It was easier to ban me than fix the billing issues
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2022 at 11:53am
Print Post  

Just a forum ban?
You get banned for saying they do not care.
I have seen worse things said with out a ban.
The new forums will not be tied to account, so will be easier to be truthful.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - May 5th, 2022 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
My god in heaven, how is SSG still in business with customer service this bad?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - May 5th, 2022 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
I can't think of any industry outside of gaming where companies can get away with treating their customer like an annoyance.

(MAYBE airlines)
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2022 at 3:13pm by somenewnoob »  

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - May 5th, 2022 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on May 5th, 2022 at 3:13pm:
I can't think of any industry outside of gaming where companies can get away with treating their customer like an annoyance.

(MAYBE airlines)

You remember that guy a few years back who was tazed, beaten, and dragged off of a flight because the airline wanted to give to someone else?

They still have better customer service than SSG.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - May 5th, 2022 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
You know, im 99% sure these assholes changed company name just so they cold dump the old BBB page and all the negative reviews Turdbine got.

Currently SSG is essentially a ghost entity when it comes to internet searches.

Like someone there must be going out of their way to de-list all the scam and bad business reports they get from Google as possible "defamation" or some similar shit.

It's pretty much pay through the nose to have a page removed off of BBB or suck it up.

Either way my point:
You complaining to us about ShitonyourScreenGames has little to no effect.
We all hate their fucking guts for ruining what was once a good game if we ended up on the vault.

You should find a way to file client complaints in stuff they cannot remove - steam for instance. Maybe creating a BBB entry even if it will be deleted.

A report to the Federal Trade Commission is also not a bad idea, since you are unable to access and pay for something that other consumers are able to pay for due to whatever fuckup the company created (The fcc won't even take notice until there's enough reports to make your head spin, but over the past 10 years, if everyone they treated like complete shit had filed a report the numbers would be there).
Not to mention that there probably is a bunch of lodged complaints over them not honoring the old TP point cards and a bunch of other shady shit they pulled off.

Realistically, our collective best bet would be to see if a lawyer is willing to pick up a class action lawsuit involving everyone that was forum banned over the life of the company - the case could easily be presented as malfeasance on the company's part.
Obviously it's not strictly illegal for a company to delete shit you post online on their website - nor is it a violation of free speech. The onus would be on us to prove beyond reasonable doubt that by the act of deleting posts and questions they are increasing their profit.
Currently, I seriously doubt they have much of any profit, let alone something that could be demonstrate their malfeasance...

However it's possible to get a class action lawsuit togeter and win over illegal gambling.
Astral shards are equivalent to real money. The daily dice is the very definition of online gambling.
Bigger companies have been shut down for less.
All you'll accomplish is to get the daily dice removed though - which is probably why no "mothers against" has actually filed suit in 10 years...

The only other possible way I see of doing anything is to appeal to wizard with a petition to pull the license and shut them down because of their bad business practices.
Wizard is much more likely to want to protect their IP and actually force them to do something than any other avenue.
Even if that just means preventing the assholes from using their IP in future products, that would already be a major win that will force the ex trudbine folks to re-think their bad business.

And there's also lodging complaints with daybreak, since they are the publisher.
The publish can and often does force their subsidiaries to a standard.
I'm 100% sure that the current ssg behaviour is against anything the heads trying to turn a profit at daybreak stand for...

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - May 5th, 2022 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 5th, 2022 at 4:21pm:
You know, im 99% sure these assholes changed company name just so they cold dump the old BBB page and all the negative reviews Turdbine got.

Currently SSG is essentially a ghost entity when it comes to internet searches.

Like someone there must be going out of their way to de-list all the scam and bad business reports they get from Google as possible "defamation" or some similar shit.

It's pretty much pay through the nose to have a page removed off of BBB or suck it up.

Its not a bad theory but the change was because of the split from Warner Bros. Turbine Entertainment still exists as a legal entity(now renamed WB Games Boston):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WB_Games_Boston

The fact that SSG has practically NO web-presence AND terrible business practices does point to this being a "two birds, one stone" situation, though.

However it's possible to get a class action lawsuit togeter and win over illegal gambling.

A more reasonable target would be chest re-rolls(for real money) + unpublished/inaccurate drop rates. That they won't publish the drop rate for things like Jibbers but do astral shard chest re-rolls & treasure hunter elixirs is in fact illegal. Even Vegas has to publish the odds of winning.

You can also easily prove that "published" drop rates are entirely false. I put "published" in air-quotes because casually mentioning something in a forum post you can delete/modify is not an official statement.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #7 - May 5th, 2022 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
That company is such a joke. Too sad to laugh though.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

The Real Grand
Korthos Resident

Mmmm! So good!

Reply #8 - May 5th, 2022 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
nd there's also lodging complaints with daybreak, since they are the publisher.

If you want to shake things up for SSG, you just need to contact their new overlords and point out how they've turned a blatant blind eye to the duping of Otto boxes because it was boosting their profits.

They knew what was happening.  They knew who was doing it.  Even they're not that clueless.  Outside of a few slaps on the wrist, they let it happen for a reason.

Everyone knows this except their bosses.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - May 5th, 2022 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Being it's written out here on The vault for everyone to see, I believe Daybreak "knew" or can easily find out as much - with far more detail than anyone wants ever have to read...

I think complaints about them outright banning forum users over common questions carry far more weight as far as their nefarious business practices go.

You literally can create a new account, make a post asking "why does this work like this" and get perma banned.
In fact, Daybreak employees can do this test themselves and get permanently banned to *experience* how things work.

That would probably carry much more weight towards having even Daybreak pull the fucking plug...

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #10 - May 6th, 2022 at 7:02am
Print Post  
The Real Grand wrote on May 5th, 2022 at 6:10pm:
If you want to shake things up for SSG, you just need to contact their new overlords and point out how they've turned a blatant blind eye to the duping of Otto boxes because it was boosting their profits.

They knew what was happening.  They knew who was doing it.  Even they're not that clueless.  Outside of a few slaps on the wrist, they let it happen for a reason.

Everyone knows this except their bosses.

Is it bad I want to tell you you're not wrong but it was also the best thing for the longevity of the game/health/player retention prior to the free content code?

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #11 - May 6th, 2022 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 5th, 2022 at 8:11pm:
Being it's written out here on The vault for everyone to see, I believe Daybreak "knew" or can easily find out as much - with far more detail than anyone wants ever have to read...

I think complaints about them outright banning forum users over common questions carry far more weight as far as their nefarious business practices go.

You literally can create a new account, make a post asking "why does this work like this" and get perma banned.
In fact, Daybreak employees can do this test themselves and get permanently banned to *experience* how things work.

That would probably carry much more weight towards having even Daybreak pull the fucking plug...

Daybreak doesn't have to actually pull a plug/hurt themselves doing this like most MMO shutdowns do.

They'd just have to decline paying the licensing fee to Wizards and let Wizard's shutter the game at nobodies cost besides SSG.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #12 - May 6th, 2022 at 11:11am
Print Post  
The Real Grand wrote on May 5th, 2022 at 6:10pm:

Do you want to reread what you posted?  Let me make it very simple. 
SSG ignored player behaviour that boosted their profits

And you think that will get anyone into trouble? 
Boosting profits is the sort of thing that gets you a pat on the head not into trouble in most companies.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

goldgolem
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - May 6th, 2022 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
I have the email address for the CFO of the parent company of the parent company (Enad Global 7), maybe he is willing to talk about making money for his games. its a pretty outside chance though, but considering this payment problem also exists for LOTRO and therefore on a much larger scale given their player base is bigger than ddo, maybe he will listen

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: It was easier to ban me than fix the billing issueszbrush
Reply #14 - May 6th, 2022 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Send him over to the vault to actually learn what works and what doesn't work for the game.

Re the Otto box. They (ssg) did not make "profit" they probably lost "profit" by way of ensuring no future buys.
They made some money on server transfers, maybe, but likely a fraction of how many Otto boxes went into the market as a result of their own stupidity.
It's one thing if the box you trade was paid for to SSG, it's another thing if that box appeared out of the sky without any $ being given to ssg. That's a "loss"...

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: It was easier to ban me than fix the billing issueszbrush
Reply #15 - May 6th, 2022 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 6th, 2022 at 1:57pm:
Send him over to the vault to actually learn what works and what doesn't work for the game.

Re the Otto box. They (ssg) did not make "profit" they probably lost "profit" by way of ensuring no future buys.
They made some money on server transfers, maybe, but likely a fraction of how many Otto boxes went into the market as a result of their own stupidity.
It's one thing if the box you trade was paid for to SSG, it's another thing if that box appeared out of the sky without any $ being given to ssg. That's a "loss"...

Except that most of the people buying duped ottos boxes were never going to buy legit ones. Its very hard to point to that and call it "lost profit" when it was profit they were never going to get in the first place.

Meanwhile they DID make a considerable sum on server transfers, XP potions, VIP status, etc; from people trying to get the most out of their duped boxes. It also kept a lot of players around who would otherwise have left, thus enriching the gameplay experience for everyone else. I would say the whole thing was a net-gain for SSG, though probably not a huge one.

IP Logged

The Real Grand
Korthos Resident

Mmmm! So good!

Reply #16 - May 6th, 2022 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on May 6th, 2022 at 11:11am:
And you think that will get anyone into trouble?
Boosting profits is the sort of thing that gets you a pat on the head not into trouble in most companies.

Could they have sold even more legitimate boxes at 15 bucks a pop than the dupers did selling them at 5 and 10?  Answer: considerably more.

Would they have made more selling boxes at 15 bucks a pop than they made by allowing the dupers to run free?  Answer: again, CONSIDERABLY more.

So why accept peanuts when the middle men were taking the lion’s share of the profit?  Even SSG isn’t that stupid.

#1 Saturating the market with otto boxes increases the gap they’re trying to close between old players and new players.  And no, retard, new players weren’t getting them through the vault (outside of my give-a-ways), the duping mostly benefited long term whales and their socks.  They absolutely lost future ottos sales from the rampant duping.

#2 The duping method made severs and various other services look far more active than they really are, which look good on spread sheets to turn over to the powers that be.

My original statement very much remains the same.  They were taking nickels on the dollars profits because how they were making that money would NOT be approved by the guys signing their pay checks.

tl;dr version:  Shut the fuck up.  Idiots like you are the reason packages of urinal cakes have “do not eat” printed on them.
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2022 at 5:18am by The Real Grand »  

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #17 - May 6th, 2022 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
The Real Grand wrote on May 6th, 2022 at 6:07pm:
Could they have sold even more legitimate boxes at 15 bucks a pop than the dupers did selling them at 5 and 10?  Answer: considerably more.

Would they have made more selling boxes at 15 bucks a pop than they made by allowing the dupers to run free?  Answer: again, CONSIDERABLY more.

But they don't sell them at $15 a time. 

Also anecdotally many people would still refuse to buy at that price.  In fact the competition amongst the sellers drove the price down to $5 a time - that was the price they were selling at.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

The Real Grand
Korthos Resident

Mmmm! So good!

Reply #18 - May 6th, 2022 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on May 6th, 2022 at 6:30pm:

Also anecdotally many people would still refuse to buy at that price.  In fact the competition amongst the sellers drove the price down to $5 a time - that was the price they were selling at.

You seemed to be confused by the simple concept I've already thoroughly explained to you.  Allow me to reiterate:  STFU.  Idiots like you are the reason packages of urinal cakes have “do not eat” printed on them.
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2022 at 6:58pm by The Real Grand »  

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - May 6th, 2022 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
The Real Grand wrote on May 6th, 2022 at 6:57pm:
You seemed to be confused by the simple concept I've already thoroughly explained to you.  Allow me to reiterate:  STFU.  Idiots like you are the reason packages of urinal cakes have “do not eat” printed on them.

Wait! Since when?

Um.. I mean... wut?

IP Logged

Latetotheparty
Dragon Raider

Reply #20 - May 6th, 2022 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
They lost sales.
I referred a guy who spent 900 in total.
He bought all the types of boxes.
He no longer buys points or otto's boxes as he did in the past.
He still is VIP and buys expansions though.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #21 - May 7th, 2022 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on May 6th, 2022 at 6:30pm:

The competition drove the price all the way down to $1 for an afternoon.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - May 7th, 2022 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Imagine how many people who were too stupid to dupe their own shit on a sock account ended up with 20plus boxes for way less than the $50 to add points...

And you keep saying ssg made a profit from it? LoL

If anything they padded their numbers of active players / server / new player regs for socks which made their publisher think their bullshit actually had more value than it actually does...

It's really the type of thing that if Musk did for Tesla he'd get fucking crucified...

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #23 - May 8th, 2022 at 12:42am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 7th, 2022 at 9:03pm:
many people who were too stupid to dupe

no one told me how to do it.  server transfers something?

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - May 8th, 2022 at 2:19am
Print Post  
Probably cuz you are shunned. I wasn't interested in the game already, or I probably would have been one of the asshole selling the boxes.
That said, how is pointless since it was eventually patched.

Any duping of shit on the game essentially comes down to generating enough lag that the client will stall and send multiple orders to the server/overload the server/make you end up with multiple stacks.

How you get it to do that, varies wildly. Some assholes on here are convinced that dancing the macarena will somehow affect the server, so many shared methods are often from people who are bot full of shit and fill in unnecessary steps.

Then you go off to play something idiotic like EldeeScrollsOnline, and the moment the dupe method is found its already patched because they actually give a shit unlike Turdbine.
Meanwhile on DDo the method to dupe shit has been the same at its core for what, 10 years? Probably worked at the way since the very beginning...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint