Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic How tough is it to solo heroic Hound? (Read 5577 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

How tough is it to solo heroic Hound?
May 10th, 2022 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
I'm toying with doing some wraps monk lives on an alt. I really like the Tharaak handwraps(yes I know they are terrible, I just like watching things get PK'd), but that character doesn't have them. I'm wondering how difficult it would be for a level 30 barb to solo this level 18 raid?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: How tough is it to solo heroic Hound?
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2022 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Hound isn't bad. But a barb? Take a caster life before going monk... you got boxes anyway....

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #2 - May 10th, 2022 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Should be a piece of cake. I haven't done it with a barb but with a fighter, steamrolled it.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - May 10th, 2022 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 10th, 2022 at 12:34pm:
Hound isn't bad. But a barb? Take a caster life before going monk... you got boxes anyway....

...I could do 1 sorc life. It would be hilarious.

The character is normally a caster anyway, specifically an EK wizard(hence all the melee lives). The plan was to do 3 fighter/3 barb/3 monk. But I could do a sorc in there just for giggles.

Snu Snu wrote on May 10th, 2022 at 1:54pm:
Should be a piece of cake. I haven't done it with a barb but with a fighter, steamrolled it.

I'll give it a shot. Worst case scenario I camp out for an hour and then kill her.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #4 - May 10th, 2022 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Haven't tried hound. But, on my bow user I soloed ToD a bunch of times. Ended up being a fair bit easier than I expected. Some runs I didn't have to heal. Like in any way other than shrining... Ran it on heroic leet a bunch of times.

EDIT: Oh and I wasn't really kitting. I was standing for archer focus stacks and face-tanking. Sometimes I used anchor boots, but mostly I didn't.
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2022 at 5:15pm by Head-Meat »  

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - May 10th, 2022 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Lol, gonna have to try ToD too. Not much motivation, there, but I could see dragging my 5 naked barbarians along and getting like 3 items. Who knows? Eventually ToD might gets Legendaried and we'll be able to upgrade the loot like all the old S/S/S items.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 10th, 2022 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Doubt they'll work on updates anymore unless they have a stall of some reason on licensing new shit for money.

That said, you have to solo pretty much all raids, filling is painful even on big ticket ones like VON that everyone would like to solo but probably can't (getting through the damn doors).

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - May 10th, 2022 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 10th, 2022 at 5:27pm:
Doubt they'll work on updates anymore unless they have a stall of some reason on licensing new shit for money.

That said, you have to solo pretty much all raids, filling is painful even on big ticket ones like VON that everyone would like to solo but probably can't (getting through the damn doors).

VON still gets run because its very good XP/min, and people are typically flagged since its 4 easy to access flaggers that are also very good XP. All the other heroic/early epic raids? Fuck 'em.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - May 10th, 2022 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Cuz I can normally solo it, ADQ is a definite at level quest to go though nearly every life... despite the pita with hitting the wrong thing and having to re-kill the center stuff.
« Last Edit: May 11th, 2022 at 4:40am by Anothersock »  

IP Logged

The Real Grand
Korthos Resident

Mmmm! So good!

Reply #9 - May 11th, 2022 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on May 10th, 2022 at 12:19pm:
I'm wondering how difficult it would be for a level 30 barb to solo this level 18 raid?

In the hands of a skilled player or in your hands?

You can pretty much assume that anything you can't do, a skilled player can and anything a skilled player can do with ease, you can't do at all.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - May 11th, 2022 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
The Real Grand wrote on May 11th, 2022 at 2:30pm:
In the hands of a skilled player or in your hands?

You can pretty much assume that anything you can't do, a skilled player can and anything a skilled player can do with ease, you can't do at all.

Come on, man, you used to be competent. Your insult game is really lackluster here.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #11 - May 12th, 2022 at 11:48am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on May 11th, 2022 at 6:55pm:
Come on, man, you used to be competent. Your insult game is really lackluster here.

I normally don't get involved this kind of nonsense. But, I have to agree with you. It was notably low-effort.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #12 - May 12th, 2022 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Nah, that was pretty good, Grand.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - May 12th, 2022 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on May 12th, 2022 at 11:48am:
I normally don't get involved this kind of nonsense. But, I have to agree with you. It was notably low-effort.

Failing to try hard at insulting someone for not being a try-hard. I feel like there's some irony to be found in this, but I'm not willing to put forth the effort to go looking for it.

IP Logged

The Real Grand
Korthos Resident

Mmmm! So good!

Reply #14 - May 12th, 2022 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Lord help me.

Admittedly, I see given our past history why you’d assume I was being sarcastic or trying to insult you.  You got me wrong this time though.  I’m trying to help you cut to the chase and reduce the amount of our time you waste with your pathetic pleas for attention.

Ask not “can it be done.”  It can.  Just assume that from this day forward.  Whatever you come up with, a superior play can, has and is doing it at this moment.  Yes, it absolutely can be done – just probably not by you.

So what you want to ask is: how can a pleb like me accomplish this task?  Cut to the chase and ask for tips, gear, tactics, whatnot.

A better players might take the time to give you sound advice that you’ll promptly fuck up and fail massively with because you suck.

Have you considered Stardew Valley?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - May 12th, 2022 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
The Real Grand wrote on May 12th, 2022 at 2:52pm:
Lord help me.

Admittedly, I see given our past history why you’d assume I was being sarcastic or trying to insult you.  You got me wrong this time though.  I’m trying to help you cut to the chase and reduce the amount of our time you waste with your pathetic pleas for attention.

Ask not “can it be done.”  It can.  Just assume that from this day forward.  Whatever you come up with, a superior play can, has and is doing it at this moment.  Yes, it absolutely can be done – just probably not by you.

So what you want to ask is: how can a pleb like me accomplish this task?  Cut to the chase and ask for tips, gear, tactics, whatnot.

A better players might take the time to give you sound advice that you’ll promptly fuck up and fail massively with because you suck.

Have you considered Stardew Valley?

152 words, not bad. I didn't read any of them because every single one was gay and retarded, but still - thanks for taking the effort. Shows you're really trying.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - May 12th, 2022 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
/\
Anyone else thinking he red them all twice and he's twice as salty? 😆

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - May 12th, 2022 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 12th, 2022 at 5:49pm:
/\
Anyone else thinking he red them all twice and he's twice as salty? 😆

lol

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - May 12th, 2022 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on May 10th, 2022 at 5:29pm:
VON still gets run because its very good XP/min, and people are typically flagged since its 4 easy to access flaggers that are also very good XP. All the other heroic/early epic raids? Fuck 'em.

Yeah not sure what you're talking about. Von and Chrono are rarely not full when completed in epic levels.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - May 13th, 2022 at 1:11am
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on May 12th, 2022 at 10:56pm:
Yeah not sure what you're talking about. Von and Chrono are rarely not full when completed in epic levels.

If you open up to 30s sure.
If you are trying to get XP and limit the party to the bravery bonus spectrum, i can see even VON not getting up to 6.

Also remeber that not all servers have the same people on em. Which in some cases might really be much better Tongue

They could probably consolidate all the servers down one more time around to force some more population.
Or drop the whole server bullshit and build some real infrastructure that can handle infinite amount of players... but they'd have to be mildly competent for either....

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - May 13th, 2022 at 5:38am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on May 10th, 2022 at 2:04pm:
I'll give it a shot. Worst case scenario I camp out for an hour and then kill her.

That's not a thing anymore. At least on Legendary and assuming on heroic? Because why? IDK. I did my Legendary farm on bullshit parking bots until the timer expired.

So if it is still the 60 min timer on heroic HOX, let us know.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - May 13th, 2022 at 6:33am
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on May 13th, 2022 at 5:38am:
That's not a thing anymore. At least on Legendary and assuming on heroic? Because why? IDK. I did my Legendary farm on bullshit parking bots until the timer expired.

So if it is still the 60 min timer on heroic HOX, let us know.

Pretty sure they only fixed this on Legendary

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #22 - May 28th, 2022 at 10:01am
Print Post  
grand isnt even wrong this is another pointless nolameo thread hes fucking retarded

HEY GUYS DO U THINK ITS HARD TO SOLO THIS 20 YEAR OLD CONTENT ON MY LVL 45 CHARACTER ON HEROIC NORMAL I WAS THINKING ABOUT GOOGLING IT OR MAYBE EVEN TRYING IT BUT THE RISKS WERE TOO GREAT WITHOUT THE FOREKNOWLEDGE OF MY PEERS SO I AM HOPING YOU GUYS COULD GIVE ME A BIT OF GUIDANCE ON HOW TO APPROACH FINDING OUT IF THIS LEVEL 18 QUEST IS HARD TO SOLO IN A WAY THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE ME TRYING TO SOLO IT IM OPEN TO OTHER OPTIONS THANKS LIEK AND SUBSCRIBE!

literally walk in and spend the 5 minutes it would take to know, youve been playing for fucking 15 years its time to put on big boy pants and stop asking stupid questions

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Ferd
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - May 28th, 2022 at 11:25am
Print Post  
+1

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - May 28th, 2022 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
C'mon it's too hard to actually do. It's much better to infilate post count on vault!
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2022 at 7:52pm by Anothersock »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint