Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Ice Sorc, u53 (Read 17606 times)
WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Ice Sorc, u53
May 12th, 2022 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Came back. Changes to reaper damage and meld mean that Sorc needs more defense. I know some people are rocking a 4 piece winter but I haven't bothered with that, or the new Magewright set, on account of me liking perma-slotting spell absorb.

AP-wise, I still believe in 2s deflect arrows from 31 AP in EK. That saves you an incredible amount of damage.

My Gear:
- Sharn caster set (esoteric robes, for 32 dodge). Raid goggles.
- 2 Piece winter with boots/belt. Insightful PRR is nice and that fat con bonus on the boots is lovely.
- Gloves are spell absorb (from Sharn raid) swapping with LGS ice crit damage, and the +2 DC sacred gloves from feywild.
- Cloak is spell absorb. Swaps with LGS ice crit damage. (LGS set for SP)
- Trinket is Cannith Crafted. Insightful Glaciation (since Soul Splitter booties come off). Other two stats I have are fire absorb and electric absorb for champion dot damage reduction. I walk in the quest with Magestar equipped though. Dryad raid trinket makes sense but I haven't got one yet.
- Staff is from KT for Caster levels and crit
- Necky is Regalport
- Ring1, Shattered Onyx (what a fucking good item eh?)
- Ring2, Slavelords for Quality 3 CHA, and Devotion Lore

I have a 4 piece winter set to swap into. (Helmet + Cloak). Usually though I leave my reaper helm. Ideally you get a winter helm with the +2 IMO.

I think Magewrights is a trap because Cloak should be swappable.

I'm down like 6% artifact crit chance, and 15% artifact crit damage but I can't be fucked to care.

Your level 30 feat should be for the 150 hit points IMO. Again you lose a little crit damage but there's not DC loss since you still get the EVO and the positive spell bonus is useful.

EDs 11 AP in EA is mandatory IMO. I took the mass cure because I like healing in groups.
Draconic t5s suck so just take the 3 DCs.
Rest into primal (fire) for the heals.

There's a new 5% insightful crit chance augment from the new raid. It's a nice upgrade. I got one the other night complimentary of a friend doin me a solid.
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2022 at 7:02pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Ice Sorc, u53
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2022 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Shifter druid for the 93 Crit chance and 190 multi

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #2 - May 12th, 2022 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Ferd wrote on May 12th, 2022 at 9:00pm:

Sorc cast speed though...

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #3 - May 12th, 2022 at 11:31pm
Print Post  

Ferd wrote on May 12th, 2022 at 9:00pm:

For 10 seconds every 30 seconds tho. Which is fine tbh.

I'm more mad about Reflection of Wave still being BiS even with Dino shit dropping in a month (due to 5 CLs) but 5% exceptional crit dmg not stacking with 5% quality crit damage.

Guess this is what we get when Tinkerbell (a.k.a Sailas) is in charge of loot.  Angry

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #4 - May 13th, 2022 at 1:01am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 12th, 2022 at 7:01pm:
perma-slotting spell absorb.

Yes, I always did this such a QoL enhancement

WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 12th, 2022 at 7:01pm:
I still believe in 2s deflect arrows

On any character I could get this I would. Another huge QoL layered defense like spell absorb.

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - May 13th, 2022 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
For nukes, pretty sure druid is top dog atm.

Sorc cast speed is best abused via DC casting - where they are king by a country mile. Add their ability to also be solid quest tanks in a pinch and you got a good build.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 13th, 2022 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
How much damage is a druid's maximized fireball crit vs sorc with same gear?
(And if not fireball, pick any other spell that deals the same base dice?)

You say "top dog" so, one would have to assume that if a level 20 fire sorc first life can crit around 4.5k the same as druid would double that - at the very least.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #7 - May 13th, 2022 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Ferd wrote on May 13th, 2022 at 12:41pm:
For nukes, pretty sure druid is top dog atm.

Sorc cast speed is best abused via DC casting - where they are king by a country mile. Add their ability to also be solid quest tanks in a pinch and you got a good build.

You're hypin me up to play a druid. Couple responses though.

I haven't played druid so I'm curious how they feel vs a despair?

On a sorc you can open with energy drain + enervate, and then polar ray + iceberg em to death. That seems to me to be more direct damage on a target that matters.

My spellbook includes a variety of DC spells.

• For example Primsatic Spray + Ray for beetles in Dryad is very helpful. (And all undead/constructs.)
  • Or take sunburst for miscellaneous shadows you run into.
  • Mass hold is still lovely. I'm not sure druid gets close in the DC department. And this is leaving out the mother of all spells...
  • ...glitterdust...
  • Energy drain + enervate + finger still works well with my dogshit 100 Necro DC. So long as I am not trying to hammer a screw. You see idiots casting finger on high fort mobs and then crying about their DC.
  • Charm opening packs with single target suggestion is beautiful. Draconic mantle means your charm often kills the mob too.

So I still feel like a virile DC caster even while going with nukes. I wouldn't go full DCs because let's be honest... ...your fucking direct damage dealers will ignore the despair reapers because they are cunt bags focused on kill count, not enabling CC, or party synergy.
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2022 at 5:25pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #8 - May 13th, 2022 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on May 12th, 2022 at 11:31pm:
For 10 seconds every 30 seconds tho. Which is fine tbh.

I'm more mad about Reflection of Wave still being BiS even with Dino shit dropping in a month (due to 5 CLs) but 5% exceptional crit dmg not stacking with 5% quality crit damage.

Guess this is what we get when Tinkerbell (a.k.a Sailas) is in charge of loot.  Angry

I was lookin at an MRR reducing setup for questing so that I can offhand affirmation. Then swap to Wave on bosses.

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - May 13th, 2022 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 13th, 2022 at 5:28pm:
I was lookin at an MRR reducing setup for questing so that I can offhand affirmation. Then swap to Wave on bosses.

Game's busted for meta casters. You don't need to reduce MRR on anything but bosses. Trash just fucking melts.

Shifter howl with a blood feast swap for 1k HP, pop the 800 free HP enhancement thingy, arm dryad staff and cast call lightning which lasts 90 secs in R10 - now you're sitting at ~4,200 HP and then when the call lightning affirmation procs, ~5,200.

Wellspring of power with howl for 92% Crit chance and 190 multi (reaper and spell boosts if you really want to be overkill) Then lead with glacial wrath to helpless freeze everything (50% helpless Crit dmg on this build). Follow up with tsunami for solid damage and knock down anything that's not frozen. Finish with dragon breathe at level 48 and nothing will be left.

Despair reapers? Don't care. Veng reapers. Don't care either. If they are in a pack they get bursted down along with everything else - vengy buff doesn't matter. Stuff dies too fast. Dooms? Morph into a wolf and kite them down with uber move speed and DOTs.

If that's not working - lay down a salted sleet storm for 90 secs a cast in R10.

Archers being a pita? Lightning storm gives you 8 secs of deflect arrows.

This of course doesn't happen every quest - but, it happens most of the time and is pretty stupid broken.

Single target - yes, ice Sorc is likely gonna be better - but that's niche imo.

If you want to play a meta sorc nowadays, you're playing it as a DC casting tank. That build will outkill me and has better cc and can tank and heal. It's even more broken than shifter druid. Only weakness it has is boss DPS - it has none.
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2022 at 8:04pm by Ferd »  

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - May 13th, 2022 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 13th, 2022 at 5:03pm:
..stuff..

Go look at core 5 nature's warrior combined with shifter howl of terror.

The only DPS druid is a shifter with 41 season's herald, 31 nature's warrior and 16 in shifter.

If you're not playing that druid, play a sorc.

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - May 13th, 2022 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on May 13th, 2022 at 1:01am:
On any character I could get this I would. Another huge QoL layered defense like spell absorb.

Gloves outta THTH have 20 charges of spell absorb and a part of Hruits which is what DPS druids will use.

Carry an ion stone to swap out your GOMF if you're desperate.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #12 - May 14th, 2022 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 13th, 2022 at 5:20pm:
You're hypin me up to play a druid. Couple responses though.

I haven't played druid so I'm curious how they feel vs a despair?

On a sorc you can open with energy drain + enervate, and then polar ray + iceberg em to death. That seems to me to be more direct damage on a target that matters.

My spellbook includes a variety of DC spells.

• For example Primsatic Spray + Ray for beetles in Dryad is very helpful. (And all undead/constructs.)
  • Or take sunburst for miscellaneous shadows you run into.
  • Mass hold is still lovely. I'm not sure druid gets close in the DC department. And this is leaving out the mother of all spells...
  • ...glitterdust...
  • Energy drain + enervate + finger still works well with my dogshit 100 Necro DC. So long as I am not trying to hammer a screw. You see idiots casting finger on high fort mobs and then crying about their DC.
  • Charm opening packs with single target suggestion is beautiful. Draconic mantle means your charm often kills the mob too.

So I still feel like a virile DC caster even while going with nukes. I wouldn't go full DCs because let's be honest... ...your fucking direct damage dealers will ignore the despair reapers because they are cunt bags focused on kill count, not enabling CC, or party synergy.

Druid Ice is big deeps.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - May 14th, 2022 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Idk, normally I swap to ice from fire after 18 or so.
This time around i staid as fire and there hasn't been much content that's given me issue even with level 20 gear.
Carnage reapers are a problem, but just because it's essentially a naked worforged.
It's so effettive that it took more time to slot diamonds than it did to level 22 to 28.

I think the main reason is the fire lance, which with mantle basically instakills with 1 cast.
Multi target is the 6sp fireball, followed by a delayed fb, followed by a breath. And the whole mob is usually gone.

This is on a gearless first 3rd life with barely any tomes. Which i may as well fix i guess.

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - May 14th, 2022 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Ya, no offense. I'm talking about R10s at cap on toons that are completionists looking to fully optimize.

6sp fireball...  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - May 15th, 2022 at 3:26am
Print Post  
Your point? I've ran R8 all this life.

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - May 15th, 2022 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Dude, if you're running R8s on a "...gearless first 3rd life with barely any tomes ..." wiping out MOBs when leading with 6sp fireballs (except for carnage reapers - cause ya, they are pretty tough!) you are a significantly better player than I am and I humbly apologize for suggesting you're full of shit.

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - May 15th, 2022 at 10:47am
Print Post  
@ Foppy - this is the build you want to play as a https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c04R9v7LZJsLdrSzlgAwMjMhBLzrVeQrS_f7FJJ-hwc/...

116 - 131 necro DC
112 - 125 enchant

114 intim

255 - 295 PRR
171 MRR (cap'd at 130 though)

30 dodge

41 Ap in illusion for the 95% party wide concealment (old school meld) for 15 secs every 3 minutes.

Something in excess of 3k HP

IF you want to stay a sorc - this is the build you want to play unless you play only solo - then this sucks cause, no deeps.
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2022 at 10:49am by Ferd »  

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - May 15th, 2022 at 10:52am
Print Post  
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/862106720847527986/955657459979124780/Scr...

Fuck it - pic of a sorc with uber stats is what that's supposed to be - slight different build from Carpone, but this one has 240 MRR
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2022 at 10:54am by Ferd »  

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - May 15th, 2022 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
I primarily solo, so trading 15k dmg on a breath crit for anything else doesn’t seem that feasible to me.
It's an interesting role if you play with friends in a static party though.

Anyway the assertion above was that druid is damage king.
My question goes unanswered yet.

How much is this maximum theoretical damage compared to that of a sorc build?

I have to go through a druid life, so I'll find out eventually anyway, but I'd like the folks making this claim to substantiate.

So far, I haven't had any group led by anyone other than alchemist or sorc in terms of kill count. Meaning that if your assertion wasn't just fucking bullshit we'd see every other person running a druid instead of it being an essential rarity....  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - May 15th, 2022 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Ferd wrote on May 15th, 2022 at 10:22am:
Dude, if you're running R8s on a "...gearless first 3rd life with barely any tomes ..." wiping out MOBs when leading with 6sp fireballs (except for carnage reapers - cause ya, they are pretty tough!) you are a significantly better player than I am and I humbly apologize for suggesting you're full of shit.

yeh, those first 3rd life builds are insanely op

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #21 - May 15th, 2022 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 15th, 2022 at 8:20pm:
So far, I haven't had any group led by anyone other than alchemist or sorc in terms of kill count. Meaning that if your assertion wasn't just fucking bullshit we'd see every other person running a druid instead of it being an essential rarity....  Roll Eyes

So you join pugs that lead you and you expect the level of Druid were speaking of that would separate your face from your dumb head?
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2022 at 10:54pm by Gunga »  

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - May 16th, 2022 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
I primarily solo, so trading 15k dmg on a breath crit for anything else doesn’t seem that feasible to me.

I have to go through a druid life, so I'll find out eventually anyway, but I'd like the folks making this claim to substantiate.

You've literally been explained which spells to use in the above.

Your fireball is 1d6+3 vs BOGW 30d6, tsunami is 1d6+9 Cold damage and 1d6+9, ice flowers is 1d6+3 piercing and 1d6+3 cold damage per caster, plus you have random damage from call lightning, etc. there's no reason to use fireball....Use higher level sorc spells/epic spells.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - May 16th, 2022 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
You say there's no reason, but for 6sp you destroy most mobs in 1 hit. Those left standing can usually be dealt with by 1 breath.
Or a DBFB.

When you solo shit and can't rely on the rest of the party to cull trash, spell conservation is kind of important.
You know, unless you like chugging those 10inv. Tabs of potions you tuck away for a rainy TR...

Obviously. The same isn't true for reaper deletion. Then again most of them go with 1 dbfb and a single scorching ray.
Ok well, At cap depending on quest level and skulls I had a few take a breath too. Being it's close to 27k per crit it's really no wonder it works.
Why was I ever in shiradi again?

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - May 16th, 2022 at 4:30pm
Print Post  

I can lead kill counts on any build while levelling because the random pug is so fucking bad and no you wouldnt as you need at least 8 Racial AP and requires a specific race and class combo to work so its not a build to grind out past lives
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2022 at 4:31pm by Justanotherlurker »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint