Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Ice Sorc, u53 (Read 17657 times)
SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Re: Ice Sorc, u53
Reply #25 - May 16th, 2022 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 16th, 2022 at 4:17pm:
You say there's no reason, but for 6sp you destroy most mobs in 1 hit. Those left standing can usually be dealt with by 1 breath.
Or a DBFB.

When you solo shit and can't rely on the rest of the party to cull trash, spell conservation is kind of important.
You know, unless you like chugging those 10inv. Tabs of potions you tuck away for a rainy TR...

Obviously. The same isn't true for reaper deletion. Then again most of them go with 1 dbfb and a single scorching ray.
Ok well, At cap depending on quest level and skulls I had a few take a breath too. Being it's close to 27k per crit it's really no wonder it works.
Why was I ever in shiradi again?

Running R1s, how are you ever running out of SP? What are you talking about. Most players on casters do not even shrine on r1.

Perhaps gather more mobs and clear whole rooms at a time from 1-2 casts?

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - May 16th, 2022 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on May 16th, 2022 at 6:54pm:
Running R1s, how are you ever running out of SP? What are you talking about. Most players on casters do not even shrine on r1.

Perhaps gather more mobs and clear whole rooms at a time from 1-2 casts?

Especially on a sorc...If you need to conserve mana in R1 on a solo SORC, you've got trouble.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - May 16th, 2022 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
I said R8 multiple times.
No shit you don't need to shrine in r1. It's the same as elite except for the stray reaper.
In R8 you do what 1/8th of the damage maybe? That's why you run out of SP...

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - May 16th, 2022 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Also on the "use higher level spells" can I just say... NO SHIT SHERLOCK!
god, I'm so glad you told us or we would have just kept using level one spells! XD

Wtf are you even talking about. Seriously?

I asked plain and simple. What does DRUID give you that sorc won't to justify the grandiose claim that druid is king?

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - May 17th, 2022 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Ok, so we've obviously gotten off on the wrong foot here. Let me see if I can help out at least a little - caveat, I'm not a good player ...

Anothersock wrote on May 14th, 2022 at 5:52pm:
...Multi target is the 6sp fireball, followed by a delayed fb, followed by a breath...

There is a really sweet level 9 spell, it's called meteor swarm. If there is a way you could work it into your rotation you might see a bump in your damage. Fire sorcs should be pretty good with it.

Something to consider anyway.
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2022 at 8:34am by Ferd »  

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - May 17th, 2022 at 9:04am
Print Post  
Ferd wrote on May 17th, 2022 at 8:33am:
Ok, so we've obviously gotten off on the wrong foot here. Let me see if I can help out at least a little - caveat, I'm not a good player ...

There is a really sweet level 9 spell, it's called meteor swarm. If there is a way you could work it into your rotation you might see a bump in your damage. Fire sorcs should be pretty good with it.

Something to consider anyway.

How dare you tell him about this, he clearly knows all about higher level spells as per his previous post!

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - May 17th, 2022 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 16th, 2022 at 11:38pm:
Also on the "use higher level spells" can I just say... NO SHIT SHERLOCK!
god, I'm so glad you told us or we would have just kept using level one spells! XD

Wtf are you even talking about. Seriously?

I asked plain and simple. What does DRUID give you that sorc won't to justify the grandiose claim that druid is king?

Let's do this in baby steps....

Why don't you post your SORC crit chance and multiplier?

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - May 17th, 2022 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Because I TRd out of it.
Meteorswarm was nicer in shiradi for extra proc chance, but it does cost more.
Sure if a mob isn't dead you can toss it as a fire sorc it may probably obliterate the rest. Chances are it isn't needed.

Again. Wtf does any of that have to do with the druid bullshit claims?
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2022 at 12:19pm by Anothersock »  

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - May 17th, 2022 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 17th, 2022 at 12:17pm:
Because I TRd out of it.
Meteorswarm was nicer in shiradi for extra proc chance, but it does cost more.
Sure if a mob isn't dead you can toss it as a fire sorc it may probably obliterate the rest. Chances are it isn't needed.

Again. Wtf does any of that have to do with the druid bullshit claims?

It was a not too subtle learn to play thing

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - May 17th, 2022 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Sure, because you assholes insisting druid is better are capable of soloing r8 on a second lifer, right? Buy I'm the one who needs to learn to play. Lol.

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - May 17th, 2022 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 17th, 2022 at 8:42pm:
Sure, because you assholes insisting druid is better are capable of soloing r8 on a second lifer, right? Buy I'm the one who needs to learn to play. Lol.

Ya, you're the one who needs to learn to play. I told you this build is for end game r10 play by completionists.

You ask about fireball damage comparisons in a thread about R10 play = dumb ass question.

You switch from fire to ice at level 18 when you finally get meteor swarm = moronic build decisions.

Your DPS rotation doesn't include the iconic fire sorc spell meteor swarm = no clue how to play a sorc build.

I told you this build requires 88 APs minimum to play and you reply by saying your first third life build will play one soon = Nomoreo level of game mechanics understanding

Your idea of good equipment is a blue dragon helm from Tor = totally out of touch with the current game

And finally ...
Anothersock wrote on May 15th, 2022 at 8:20pm:
My question goes unanswered yet.

and it's likely to stay unanswered, cause, you're an idiot.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - May 18th, 2022 at 4:00am
Print Post  
I'm the idiot. Not you who keep insisting that druid is better than sorc.

You are a real fucking moron. You could have done the max damage comparison on **any** spell.

However, since you cannot substantiate your idiotic theory, because let's he frank - it's downright moronic - you can't be bothered to do the math.

It's pretty goddamn simple. Mx damage of spell, plus spell power scaling.

Obviously gearless and without crit chance unless you are a complete fucking moron.
It's supposed to show that the **base** damage whatever class can put out is *more* than whatever *sorc* can put out.

I understand how putting numbers down that make you look like the moron you are can be problematic when you go around blasting fucking stupid shit...

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - May 18th, 2022 at 7:51am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 18th, 2022 at 4:00am:
I'm the idiot. Not you who keep insisting that druid is better than sorc.

Nobody is saying this. One specific build that abuses an unintended synergy between shifter howl of terror and druids howl of winter enhancement is currently a meta build

Quote:
You are a real fucking moron. You could have done the max damage comparison on **any** spell.

Yeah this is learn to play right here if you cant find any spell higher than 1d6+3 then that's a you problem.

Quote:
It's pretty goddamn simple. Mx damage of spell, plus spell power scaling.

Its even simpler than that as both casters have roughly the same spell power at end game (around 1400 with metas and wellspring of power)

Quote:
Obviously gearless and without crit chance unless you are a complete fucking moron.
no can only ignore these if they are equal which they are not.

Quote:
It's supposed to show that the **base** damage whatever class can put out is *more* than whatever *sorc* can put out.
This value is meaningless

TLDR learn to play

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - May 18th, 2022 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
You are a fucking moron too. That's literally all there is to it.
Learn to build toons, And how to use them. Then maybe you can actually help in r10 instead of being an obvious hindrance.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - May 18th, 2022 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 18th, 2022 at 4:25pm:
You are a fucking moron too. That's literally all there is to it.
Learn to build toons, And how to use them. Then maybe you can actually help in r10 instead of being an obvious hindrance.

Thats funny from the guy that thinks that crit chance and crit damage isnt important to assessing dps - you do realise that that is the equivalent of saying crit profile is not important to melee dps?

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - May 18th, 2022 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Re read what I wrote you fucking moron. That or try eating some seamonkeys in hopes you grow some breain.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - May 18th, 2022 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
You got noamineo'ed - there's no coming back from that...

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - May 18th, 2022 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
There are several things that matter in the context of spell DPS

Spell damage
Spell damage scaling via SP
Spell crit chance
Spell crit multiplier
Spell levels and max caster level
Ability to cause helpless state + helpless damage boosts
Mana to cast said spells
Cooldown on spell rotation
Various debuffs if applicable (mainly for raid boss)
Not being dead.

To this discussion, you brought fireball.
« Last Edit: May 18th, 2022 at 10:53pm by SpaceGoat »  

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - May 19th, 2022 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
It's the same with any spell.
Fireball just happens to sla at 6sp, and still deal around 1.4k around the clock. Half of that on saves.
Most level 20 stuff is dead by 1k damage.

In essence, all that really matters as to what class/race makes the best possible nuker is how much the enhancements end up giving you to SP that other classes otherwise won't have access to (Racial combo can matter too).

If your (or whoever the fuck is was) claim is that druid gets more total Spell Power bonus. Prove it.
Regardless of the fact that wasn't the claim and the claim is bullshit.

And sure, if druid has something that scales your crit range up by 50% over sorc that could matter too - Assuming the other class cannot possibly reach the same crit range. It's a fringe case though since you don't always crit.

The base damage is really all that should matter when you want to show that a class deals more damage over another.

And sorc getting x2 sp from items isn't a deterrent either since you brought that up

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - May 19th, 2022 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
You really are pretty thick. I'll try one last time ...

Ferd wrote on May 12th, 2022 at 9:00pm:
Shifter druid for the 93 Crit chance and 190 multi

Not ice druid. Not Aasimar druid. Not Tiefling druid. Shifter druid.

Ferd wrote on May 13th, 2022 at 8:07pm:
Go look at core 5 nature's warrior combined with shifter howl of terror.

The only DPS druid is a shifter with 41 season's herald, 31 nature's warrior and 16 in shifter.

If you're not playing that druid, play a sorc.

Shifter tier 4
Howl of Terror: You utter a terrifying howl, filling your foes with a paralyzing fear. Foes around you are paralyzed for 6 to 24 seconds. Will save (18 + Wis Mod + Enchantment bonuses) negates. This can be cast while Raging.

Nature's warrior core 5
Howl of Winter: Passive:
Casting Howl of Terror now grants you the effect Winter Hunt for 10 seconds which grants a +10 exceptional bonus to Double Strike, 25% bonus to spell crit and 50% to spell crit damage to all cold damage spells. This will only occur once every 30 seconds.

That combo, and only that combo, will give you 25% more Crit chance than a Sorc and 50% more multi than a sorc.

Combine that with the +5 CL granted by an upgraded reflection of wave for cold spells and you will out DPS a sorc for 10 seconds of every 30 - which is more than enough in R10s vs anything that's not a boss.

Ask any end game sorc who is willing to talk to your dumb ass what their Crit chance and multi is, then compare it to 93% and 190 - you will see it's way lower.

Don't ask them how much damage they do with fireball - for the love of god ...
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2022 at 8:04pm by Ferd »  

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - May 20th, 2022 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 19th, 2022 at 6:39pm:
It's the same with any spell.
Fireball just happens to sla at 6sp, and still deal around 1.4k around the clock. Half of that on saves.
Most level 20 stuff is dead by 1k damage.

In essence, all that really matters as to what class/race makes the best possible nuker is how much the enhancements end up giving you to SP that other classes otherwise won't have access to (Racial combo can matter too).

If your (or whoever the fuck is was) claim is that druid gets more total Spell Power bonus. Prove it.
Regardless of the fact that wasn't the claim and the claim is bullshit.

And sure, if druid has something that scales your crit range up by 50% over sorc that could matter too - Assuming the other class cannot possibly reach the same crit range. It's a fringe case though since you don't always crit.

The base damage is really all that should matter when you want to show that a class deals more damage over another.

And sorc getting x2 sp from items isn't a deterrent either since you brought that up

At 1000 SP, 50 sp is an increase of 5%.

Your formula should be spell damage * caster level*  SP * (1+ Crit chance * 1+ crit multiplier )

See below from Fop.
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2022 at 2:10pm by SpaceGoat »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #46 - May 20th, 2022 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
(base damage)*(crit chance)*(2+ (crit multiplier/100))
+
(base damage)*(1 - crit chance)
=
Avg damage
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2022 at 4:57pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - May 20th, 2022 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 20th, 2022 at 12:57pm:
(base damage)*(crit chance)*(2+ crit multiplier)
+
(base damage)*(1 - crit chance)
=
Avg damage

TY

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - May 21st, 2022 at 6:17am
Print Post  
for 10 seconds of every 30 seconds.

So basically if you attempt to solo anything you just squish. Because every 30 seconds your damage is less than mediocre.
Ok well, maybe just mediocre, not less than. Still.

This is very much like saying that a many shot makes ranger the best dps ever...
People have been coming up with solution to cycle between 10kstars and many shot (etc) to make up for the time you wait doing nothing while one or the other is charing up...

So, somehow you think that because for 10 seconds you can cast maybe 6 spells - most of which are bound to not even be the right spell power.
(ice storm, olitzuke, snowball storm, cold lance, iceberg, And Oh the dot. Out of which the only useful spell is probably olitzuke's.)

Even if instead of past life for crit you use past life for timer, there's is about a snowball chance in hell you can consistently maintain the same amount of damage output a sorc can dish out. (Which I suppose is appropriate given the icy tendency of the spells).

I'm not saying it doesn't have its own place. I'm saying you won't be doing shit solo in r8. Or possibly even in group since in the 30sec you reload chances are the rest of the party is squished 😜
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2022 at 6:19am by Anothersock »  

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - May 21st, 2022 at 7:17am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 21st, 2022 at 6:17am:
for 10 seconds of every 30 seconds.

So basically if you attempt to solo anything you just squish. Because every 30 seconds your damage is less than mediocre.
Ok well, maybe just mediocre, not less than. Still.

This is very much like saying that a many shot makes ranger the best dps ever...
People have been coming up with solution to cycle between 10kstars and many shot (etc) to make up for the time you wait doing nothing while one or the other is charing up...

So, somehow you think that because for 10 seconds you can cast maybe 6 spells - most of which are bound to not even be the right spell power.
(ice storm, olitzuke, snowball storm, cold lance, iceberg, And Oh the dot. Out of which the only useful spell is probably olitzuke's.)

Even if instead of past life for crit you use past life for timer, there's is about a snowball chance in hell you can consistently maintain the same amount of damage output a sorc can dish out. (Which I suppose is appropriate given the icy tendency of the spells).

I'm not saying it doesn't have its own place. I'm saying you won't be doing shit solo in r8. Or possibly even in group since in the 30sec you reload chances are the rest of the party is squished 😜

Fucking hell theres so much wrong in this post that im not even going to try unpick it - congrats on showing yet again how clueless you are.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint