Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Ice Sorc, u53 (Read 17639 times)
Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Ice Sorc, u53
Reply #50 - May 21st, 2022 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 21st, 2022 at 6:17am:
... while one or the other is charing up...

Greetings Vyragon

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - May 22nd, 2022 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Hi Ferd,

Really useful thread for me, thank you. I have one more racial shifter life to go and having something that does especially well at epics will be useful as I've been lazy about epic past lives. I have one question;

Quote:
Go look at core 5 nature's warrior combined with shifter howl of terror.

The only DPS druid is a shifter with 41 season's herald, 31 nature's warrior and 16 in shifter.

If you're not playing that druid, play a sorc.

I have only 5 racial points, so I would have to drop the capstone. I'd therefore be 2 DC's and one caster level/max caster level down. That seems liveable with and pretty minor - so is there anything else I'm missing?

Also I think anothersock might just be trolling you, it's hard to tell but the way he intentionally misses the point combined with being called "anothersock" - it shows he knows the vault and most people here have a reasonable idea how to play the game, not naming the obvious exceptions.

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - May 22nd, 2022 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
You need 16 in shifter and 31 in nature's warrior for sure. That'll leave you with (85-31-16) 38 for season's herald. The only important thing you'll miss is the cap so should work. My DCs are not what I'd like in r10 Sharn, so you'll struggle a bit there. Fully upgraded wave is pretty important too for the +5 CLs - but that's just farming.

Binkey wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 9:08am:
... might just be trolling you ...

Vyragon is a low level troll in water works.
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2022 at 12:37pm by Ferd »  

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - May 23rd, 2022 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Vyragon is a low level troll in water works.

I really should have known that after all these years...

I think I'll be fine then, R10 is way beyond me anyway. Having something fun to run R4 ish for a few epic lives is all I need. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2022 at 2:51pm by Binkey »  

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - May 23rd, 2022 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 21st, 2022 at 6:17am:
for 10 seconds of every 30 seconds.

So basically if you attempt to solo anything you just squish. Because every 30 seconds your damage is less than mediocre.
Ok well, maybe just mediocre, not less than. Still.

This is very much like saying that a many shot makes ranger the best dps ever...
People have been coming up with solution to cycle between 10kstars and many shot (etc) to make up for the time you wait doing nothing while one or the other is charing up...

So, somehow you think that because for 10 seconds you can cast maybe 6 spells - most of which are bound to not even be the right spell power.
(ice storm, olitzuke, snowball storm, cold lance, iceberg, And Oh the dot. Out of which the only useful spell is probably olitzuke's.)

Even if instead of past life for crit you use past life for timer, there's is about a snowball chance in hell you can consistently maintain the same amount of damage output a sorc can dish out. (Which I suppose is appropriate given the icy tendency of the spells).

I'm not saying it doesn't have its own place. I'm saying you won't be doing shit solo in r8. Or possibly even in group since in the 30sec you reload chances are the rest of the party is squished 😜

The dumb is strong with this one..."(ice storm, olitzuke, snowball storm, cold lance, iceberg, And Oh the dot. Out of which the only useful spell is probably olitzuke's" WTF are you even talking about, who is casting snowball storm and cold lance?

Casting those dumb ass spells and fireball is why you can't clear the room in 10 seconds or less.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - May 23rd, 2022 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
I've been wanting to play an end-game druid.   I have 105 reaper points... can someone post a good build.  I can play stuff well...I'm just too impatient and old to spend the time creating a build Smiley

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - May 24th, 2022 at 2:17am
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on May 23rd, 2022 at 4:18pm:
Casting those dumb ass spells and fireball is why you can't clear the room in 10 seconds or less.

Either you are a complete fucking idiot or you just don't play the game. Wait. I guess it could also be both.
Let me rephrase.

Ha so you are a fucking idiot and you Don't play the game. Good to know.
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2022 at 2:18am by Anothersock »  

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - May 24th, 2022 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 24th, 2022 at 2:17am:
Either you are a complete fucking idiot or you just don't play the game. Wait. I guess it could also be both.
Let me rephrase.

Ha so you are a fucking idiot and you Don't play the game. Good to know.

Do you even understand the context on what's being said? FERD is explaining to you, the synergy of DRUID howl and DRUID spells. So 10 seconds out of 30 speaks about DRUID spells. Not sorcerer spells you wall licker.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - May 24th, 2022 at 8:50am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on May 23rd, 2022 at 7:55pm:
I've been wanting to play an end-game druid.   I have 105 reaper points... can someone post a good build.  I can play stuff well...I'm just too impatient and old to spend the time creating a build Smiley

If you have shifter and want to give this a go, it's a very strong build. Having upgraded Wave is a benefit as well.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - May 24th, 2022 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on May 24th, 2022 at 8:33am:
Do you even understand the context on what's being said?

Maybe on top of being an idiot you also have the reading comprehension of a 2 year old.
Those were Cold Spells one can use to compare maximum damage output with cold. You know, being this was an Ice sorc thread and all.

Also Heighten is a thing. Since it's obvious you don't actually play the game. Or are capable of running reapers.
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2022 at 4:48pm by Anothersock »  

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - May 24th, 2022 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Ferd wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 12:36pm:
I'd go something like:
1-maximize
3-empower
6-pl wizard
9-completionist
12-quicken
15-enlarge
18-hvy armor prof
21-well spring
22 - cold spell power
24 - glacial wrath
25 - crush weakness
27 - intensify
28 - force spell power
30 - embolden
30 - scion of cold

16 shifter
31 nature's warrior
41 season's herald
7 nature's protector

Draconic - 35
Primal - 14-15
Magus - whatever's left

Gear-wise
Upgraded reflection of wave
Hruit's set
KT ring
Shattered onyx
Elder's cap
GOMF
LGS cold crit cloak
Direbear belt
Boots outta share docks - name eludes me atm

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - May 25th, 2022 at 8:29am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on May 24th, 2022 at 4:47pm:
Maybe on top of being an idiot you also have the reading comprehension of a 2 year old.
Those were Cold Spells one can use to compare maximum damage output with cold. You know, being this was an Ice sorc thread and all.

Also Heighten is a thing. Since it's obvious you don't actually play the game. Or are capable of running reapers.

Yes dear child, kindly do tell me, what's the max caster level of those spells? Kindly help me understand how to play please and thank you.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - May 25th, 2022 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
10/20 fb/dbfb
Maybe read what heighten does.
Or that's right, you can't even read probably....

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - May 27th, 2022 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on May 24th, 2022 at 8:50am:
If you have shifter and want to give this a go, it's a very strong build. Having upgraded Wave is a benefit as well.

What is "this"?

IP Logged

UnknownBuilder
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - May 28th, 2022 at 12:24am
Print Post  
Complete garbage

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - May 28th, 2022 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
UnknownBuilder wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 12:24am:
Complete garbage

The prodigal returns....

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #66 - May 28th, 2022 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
Please do go on. It is entertaining and enlightened at the same time. Totally un-vault like.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #67 - Jun 26th, 2022 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Ey, good build overall, you're missing some DC's and a free winter 4.

I think I posted a better variant gear-wise both for flesh and toaster ( good if you want to hone in on defense ). Fyi

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #68 - Jul 9th, 2022 at 11:24am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 12th, 2022 at 7:01pm:
Came back. Changes to reaper damage and meld mean that Sorc needs more defense. I know some people are rocking a 4 piece winter but I haven't bothered with that, or the new Magewright set, on account of me liking perma-slotting spell absorb.

AP-wise, I still believe in 2s deflect arrows from 31 AP in EK. That saves you an incredible amount of damage.

My Gear:
- Sharn caster set (esoteric robes, for 32 dodge). Raid goggles.
- 2 Piece winter with boots/belt. Insightful PRR is nice and that fat con bonus on the boots is lovely.
- Gloves are spell absorb (from Sharn raid) swapping with LGS ice crit damage, and the +2 DC sacred gloves from feywild.
- Cloak is spell absorb. Swaps with LGS ice crit damage. (LGS set for SP)
- Trinket is Cannith Crafted. Insightful Glaciation (since Soul Splitter booties come off). Other two stats I have are fire absorb and electric absorb for champion dot damage reduction. I walk in the quest with Magestar equipped though. Dryad raid trinket makes sense but I haven't got one yet.
- Staff is from KT for Caster levels and crit
- Necky is Regalport
- Ring1, Shattered Onyx (what a fucking good item eh?)
- Ring2, Slavelords for Quality 3 CHA, and Devotion Lore

I have a 4 piece winter set to swap into. (Helmet + Cloak). Usually though I leave my reaper helm. Ideally you get a winter helm with the +2 IMO.

I think Magewrights is a trap because Cloak should be swappable.

I'm down like 6% artifact crit chance, and 15% artifact crit damage but I can't be fucked to care.

Your level 30 feat should be for the 150 hit points IMO. Again you lose a little crit damage but there's not DC loss since you still get the EVO and the positive spell bonus is useful.

EDs 11 AP in EA is mandatory IMO. I took the mass cure because I like healing in groups.
Draconic t5s suck so just take the 3 DCs.
Rest into primal (fire) for the heals.

There's a new 5% insightful crit chance augment from the new raid. It's a nice upgrade. I got one the other night complimentary of a friend doin me a solid.

Dread Update:

gear

Removed LGS from Cloak and Gloves, crit damage.
Removed Shattered Onyx from ring (loss of profane +2 DC focus, some dodge, 4 saves, insightful CHA)
Removed Regalport Artifact from neck (loss of quality +2 DC, 14 CHA, Cold absorb)
Removed Upgraded Wave (loss of Eburst caster levels, enhancement spellpower/crit, 25% damage clicky)
Added Dread weapon (gain of -21 MRR, crappy ice proc)
Added offhand LGS (gain of insightful 6 CHA, swap between affirmation and vacuum.)
Added 14 CHA colorless augment.
Added necklace Legendary Anchorchain (gain of +2 DC profane focus, enhancement spellpower)
Added ring Dread Artifact (+2 Sacred Dcs, 1 filigree slot, gain of crit damage)
Added cloak Winter, swap item. (Can also put on a winter trinket for 4 piece)
Added gloves DOJ (+2 quality DC bonus). Swap with spell absorb.

destinies and enhancements

- EA and Draconic wings are on separate cooldowns. Solo doom killing just takes paying attention now.
- I was wrong about t5s in Draconic. Ruin Draconic is worth taking. You can reduce cost of ruins with the clicky from Reaper trees, Litany, and t5 Draconic clicky. Gruin does more damage than iceberg and can reliably fuck up despairs. Fire and air become more competitive setups because of this but IMO polar ray is still worth going ice. Anchor chain is also a great item.
- Reborn in Fire is a great heal out of primal. Cocoon, EA mass, and this make you a competent healer for R10 pugging.

other

- I highly recommend a macro to cycle through polar, iceberg, otilukes, and cone of cold. If you spam the keys too much it gets a bit laggy and makes kiting annoying. I have this bound to a thumb button on mouse.
- The winter set necklace with a profane +2 DCs has greater boon of undeath---this procs and drains spell absorb so is a no go.
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2022 at 11:31am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #69 - Aug 7th, 2022 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jul 9th, 2022 at 11:24am:
Dread Update:

gear

Removed LGS from Cloak and Gloves, crit damage.
Removed Shattered Onyx from ring (loss of profane +2 DC focus, some dodge, 4 saves, insightful CHA)
Removed Regalport Artifact from neck (loss of quality +2 DC, 14 CHA, Cold absorb)
Removed Upgraded Wave (loss of Eburst caster levels, enhancement spellpower/crit, 25% damage clicky)
Added Dread weapon (gain of -21 MRR, crappy ice proc)
Added offhand LGS (gain of insightful 6 CHA, swap between affirmation and vacuum.)
Added 14 CHA colorless augment.
Added necklace Legendary Anchorchain (gain of +2 DC profane focus, enhancement spellpower)
Added ring Dread Artifact (+2 Sacred Dcs, 1 filigree slot, gain of crit damage)
Added cloak Winter, swap item. (Can also put on a winter trinket for 4 piece)
Added gloves DOJ (+2 quality DC bonus). Swap with spell absorb.

destinies and enhancements

- EA and Draconic wings are on separate cooldowns. Solo doom killing just takes paying attention now.
- I was wrong about t5s in Draconic. Ruin Draconic is worth taking. You can reduce cost of ruins with the clicky from Reaper trees, Litany, and t5 Draconic clicky. Gruin does more damage than iceberg and can reliably fuck up despairs. Fire and air become more competitive setups because of this but IMO polar ray is still worth going ice. Anchor chain is also a great item.
- Reborn in Fire is a great heal out of primal. Cocoon, EA mass, and this make you a competent healer for R10 pugging.

other

- I highly recommend a macro to cycle through polar, iceberg, otilukes, and cone of cold. If you spam the keys too much it gets a bit laggy and makes kiting annoying. I have this bound to a thumb button on mouse.
- The winter set necklace with a profane +2 DCs has greater boon of undeath---this procs and drains spell absorb so is a no go.

I think there’s a mistake? The staff from KT? For an ice sorc? Am I missing something? There’s a fire/light staff, and a generic one with 3 Aug slots. Are you talking about something else?

EDIT: I'm guessing you mean Wave which is from WPM, but you upgrade it with mats from KT. If that's the case, I've been looking at wave a lot myself and checking the math (ice druid). The two other setups I'm considering are Dino + Alchemical shield  OR dino+dino

Alchem shield gets more/less the same crits and spell power as Wave, and it also gets 3 of the increased caster levels (Wave gets 5)

The thing you miss from wave is about 44 spell power (part of the greater elemental attunement part of Wave when you're in Water form.

So, you lose 2 caster levels and 44 spell power.

You gain: +2 stat (+1 dc) as you can craft the unique/stacking alchemical stat on the item. You also gain the ability to hold a Dinocrafted item (with two augment slots).

What do you get from that?

Scale Slot Options:
Spell Pen (if you don't have on an item)
102 spell power if you don't have room for non-ice items/augs (this is pretty meh)
10% Enh reduction to spell point cost if you don't have elsewhere

Fang Slot Options
Various types of chance proc damages from spells
+5 spell DCs (same as your gogs, but your gogs have +3 insight as well so.. prolly doesn't make sense

Claw Slot Options
+2 exc stat (+1 over globe of imperial blood)
149 spell power (4-5 spell power over what you already have)

Horn Slot Options (Aka actually interesting options)
-Always on affirmation
-Always on Ash (Up to 21% more spell dmg)
-Always on Vulnerability (up to 20% more dmg)
-Always on chance to freeze enemies in ice

So, in summary, Wave Vs Dino+Alchem is this:

WAVE
1. +44 spell power
2. +2 Caster Levels
3. +5% exceptional crit change [Note: BROKEN. It's typed as "quality" and so it doesn't stack with LGS. I've confirmed through testing and bug reported this]

Dino Weapon + Alchemical Shield
1. +3 To Stat
2. Chance to proc extra damage (tbh it's probably not a ton.. but I haven't tested this)
3. Always on debuff or Affirmation
4. 2 extra Augment Slots

If no one is applying debuffs, it's not even close. In the time it would take you to swap to a debuffer weapon, you could rotate another spell or two which means you pretty much come out ahead all the time unless you have a clear person in your group applying Ash. Even if you do, they are probably swapping which means it may not be fully stacked at all time. The ALWAYS-on nature of this means you're almost certainly coming out ahead of the 44 spell power and 2 caster levels.

I've done the base dmg math on my ice druid using dragon breath and tsunami (my spell power and crit #s):

Breath:
Wave:  45671 avg hit (not using boosts, howl, or any temp bonus and just considering my standing crit chance which is 73% atm)
Dino+Shield: 42389

So, avg per hit, Wave comes out 3282 dmg or 7.7% dmg increase

Now, when you factor in Ash, your second hit is equal or better than Wave, and subsequent attacks are purely better. Also, the +3 to stats means fewer saves to spells

IF wave gets fixed to add a stacking 5% crit dmg, it would be closer. But, overall this means shield+dino is better, imo. You should definitely keep wave as a swap if only for the clicky which is awesome.

On Tsunami, the numbers get closer. (This would compare closer with polar ray/iceberg)

Wave: 23351
Dino+Shield: 22215
Difference: 1136 (or 5.1%)

It's also worth checking to see if you actually get the full 5 CL out of Polar Ray. Maybe it's capped below that? I dunno.

Anyway, take that for what it's worth.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2022 at 3:10pm by Head-Meat »  

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #70 - Aug 7th, 2022 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
BTw, I’m curious what dmg you see with polar ray. Can you tell me what you see in a given reaper skull?

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #71 - Aug 11th, 2022 at 12:33am
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 7th, 2022 at 2:21pm:
BTw, I’m curious what dmg you see with polar ray. Can you tell me what you see in a given reaper skull?

Honestly it is outclassed by Ruin/Gruin and then Iceberg. That said, it is an excellent and mana efficient part of the boss rotation. Energy drain with Gruin then Ruin, usually kills a despair reaper. I could see going fire nowadays as a sorc because, as you rightly point out, Wave is not that great anymore. I am very happy with my Ash dino stick. Fire sorc can get all that crit chance from Tiefling, which is pretty impactful. I think you can hit 80% crit chance. Still though the fire spell rotation is not that great on bosses.

I have about 22k DPS on elite.

Go into the newish quest in searing heights on R1 and do 120 seconds of damage to to the immortal Scorpion. You can reset him by dragging him to the shrine. Divide by 120, then divine by .78 to get rid of the reaper debuff so you can compare apples to apples. Careful though he is orange named and you don't really want helpless damage on a dps test.

So my DPS is about 1/2 to 2/3s of a well built ranged toon in a similar test. On r10 my dps is 22000*(.15)=3300. Most bosses have about 150k hp so that's about 45 seconds to solo kill them if I'm not fucking around. This lines up with my experience. Doom reapers take me about 45 seconds solo while kiting , or about 3 ruin/gruin cycles.

I'd be very curious how much damage you can do to that scorp with your druid in 2 minutes. Having 2 casters with reasonable damage in an r10 means there's basically nothing for everyone to do, since the damage is burst, and theirs is more sustain (with the exception of the misty step builds).
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2022 at 12:44am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #72 - Aug 11th, 2022 at 9:21am
Print Post  
I just made my "ash" item yesterday... Except I accidentally made is Dust instead... heh. I'll swap it when i get more mats. Dust is still good. Just not as good.

Druid is getting nerfed hard. So, I'm looking at DCs + BoGW + Helpless. to help make up for dmg loss

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Aug 11th, 2022 at 9:58am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 11th, 2022 at 12:33am:
theirs is more sustain (with the exception of the misty step builds).

Only one ranged build is actually sustainable. It's not dagger thrower with their pitiful 20 seconds of usefulness every 2 minutes. Bow is a bit better but eventually they get to a choke point where they can only use manyshot once every 12 seconds. Repeater will eventually run out of fuse charges ( though not on a 2 minute test ).

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #74 - Aug 11th, 2022 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 11th, 2022 at 9:58am:
Only one ranged build is actually sustainable. It's not dagger thrower with their pitiful 20 seconds of usefulness every 2 minutes. Bow is a bit better but eventually they get to a choke point where they can only use manyshot once every 12 seconds. Repeater will eventually run out of fuse charges ( though not on a 2 minute test ).

leaves shuri, I guess

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint