Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Ice Sorc, u53 (Read 17615 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Ice Sorc, u53
Reply #75 - Aug 11th, 2022 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 11th, 2022 at 11:14am:
leaves shuri, I guess

And only the hybrid swap to bow when 10k is down. While not as good as the best bow build, it's significantly better than waiting on 10k to come back online.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #76 - Aug 11th, 2022 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Sounds like a job to play

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Aug 11th, 2022 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
It is only for raids. A basic DWS shuri outperforms it in quests due to being infinitely easier to micromanage, and there isn't a need to swap weapon styles every 30 seconds. But for red name fiestas it's the best ranged option.

Back to casters ; I am not a fan of caster nuking nerfs. It's by far the best looking playstyle in all of ddo. Big, flashy explosions and effects. Devs are bad for nerfing souls and druids. I honestly didn't think anything that is not abusing bugs needed a nerf in r10. And heroics or leveling in epics isn't something that should be balanced, imo. But that is because I despise leveling content in all games, so I am biased.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #78 - Aug 11th, 2022 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 11th, 2022 at 12:06pm:
It is only for raids. A basic DWS shuri outperforms it in quests due to being infinitely easier to micromanage, and there isn't a need to swap weapon styles every 30 seconds. But for red name fiestas it's the best ranged option.

Back to casters ; I am not a fan of caster nuking nerfs. It's by far the best looking playstyle in all of ddo. Big, flashy explosions and effects. Devs are bad for nerfing souls and druids. I honestly didn't think anything that is not abusing bugs needed a nerf in r10. And heroics or leveling in epics isn't something that should be balanced, imo. But that is because I despise leveling content in all games, so I am biased. 

Yep.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Aug 11th, 2022 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 11th, 2022 at 12:06pm:
... I honestly didn't think anything that is not abusing bugs needed a nerf in r10....

R10 is too damn easy and needs changed. Either make the content harder or the builds that cake walk through it weaker.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Aug 11th, 2022 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Ferd wrote on Aug 11th, 2022 at 9:09pm:
R10 is too damn easy and needs changed. Either make the content harder or the builds that cake walk through it weaker.

i mean, there's levels to it. How many people have completed the harder raids on 10? How fast? How fast are they completing quests? What party composition are they using, tanks and healers inside quests? Or just all dps builds?

R10 quests were always "easy", even when reaper was new. I do not want nerfs because then I level slower. I rather stick my dick in a blender than having my leveling continuously slowed. If they can make r10 "harder", go right ahead...

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #81 - Aug 12th, 2022 at 1:00am
Print Post  

This fixes all need to be geometric in nature. Doom reapers need to teleport on to you like devils. We need meaningful survivability checks alongside a general nerf to r10 damage and a reverse to the monster health nerfs that happened by way of the calculations changing per skull.

That said survivability checks are not popular in almost any game.

In my opinion there will always be a hardest difficulty and it doesn't really matter if it's a little bit harder than what it is right now. I'm more interested in build and quest completion style diversity.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #82 - Aug 12th, 2022 at 1:01am
Print Post  
I wrote a guide for reaper when it came out around geometry exploiting. All the points in that guide still play.

Charm pulling is still better than everything else in the game.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Aug 12th, 2022 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 11th, 2022 at 9:55pm:
i mean, there's levels to it. How many people have completed the harder raids on 10? How fast? How fast are they completing quests? What party composition are they using, tanks and healers inside quests? Or just all dps builds?

R10 quests were always "easy", even when reaper was new. I do not want nerfs because then I level slower. I rather stick my dick in a blender than having my leveling continuously slowed. If they can make r10 "harder", go right ahead...

Keeping r10 quests as cake walks because people can't do r10 raids is a poor argument. Not everyone lives to raid.

And you can keep your dick out of the blender - I'm not suggesting low reaper needs changes. It should likely be easier so new players don't look at the huge cliff they have to climb to get even close to catching up to folks who duped and abused exp mechanics over the last 10 years and more (me being one of them  Cheesy)

WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 12th, 2022 at 1:00am:
This fixes all need to be geometric in nature. Doom reapers need to teleport on to you like devils. We need meaningful survivability checks alongside a general nerf to r10 damage and a reverse to the monster health nerfs that happened by way of the calculations changing per skull.

That said survivability checks are not popular in almost any game.

In my opinion there will always be a hardest difficulty and it doesn't really matter if it's a little bit harder than what it is right now. I'm more interested in build and quest completion style diversity.
No clue about geometry. All I know is when 2 people step into an r10 quest and say 'we'll just slow down a bit til few more join' something needs to change. Agree on diversity.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Aug 12th, 2022 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Ferd wrote on Aug 12th, 2022 at 9:49am:
Keeping r10 quests as cake walks because people can't do r10 raids is a poor argument

The argument is that there are levels to it. Lot of people think they're good, but they're trash anyway. The mobos are full of them. Most people stay on a tr treadmill and switch builds rapidly without learning what one build can even do properly.

If 2 manning is easy then go solo. If solo is easy then find people like you and go raid. People were 2 manning reaper when reaper released. They weren't even good players.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #85 - Aug 12th, 2022 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I wrote a guide for reaper when it came out around geometry exploiting. All the points in that guide still play.

Where may I find your guide please? I think I need more of a challenge than the low reaper TR treadmill and want to up my game.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #86 - Aug 12th, 2022 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 12th, 2022 at 1:04pm:
The argument is that there are levels to it. Lot of people think they're good, but they're trash anyway. The mobos are full of them. Most people stay on a tr treadmill and switch builds rapidly without learning what one build can even do properly.

I am one of these! Except I know I'm trash.

I'm definitely been sticking with a build for a while, and I keep learning new facets to playing it. Someday, I might not even be bad!

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Aug 12th, 2022 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 12th, 2022 at 2:16pm:
I'm definitely been sticking with a build for a while, and I keep learning new facets to playing it.

The game is more complex than it is difficult. I focus on improving myself and aren't worried about what others are doing. There is always something to do even for the most accomplished. If you can solo raids on LN/LH then try R1. If it isn't possible grab a second or 3rd person.

A lot of my guildies are just burned out on the game. So are a lot of other players. It's not all about because the game is easy, because they haven't done everything. It's more about that they are burned out on a game they have been playing for 10+ years.

I highly doubt making every day quests harder brings back or keeps anyone around longer. What does harder even look like? They can make the r10 player damage debuff 0.25, triple the hp and people are still completing. Still shortmanning. Raids with impossible mechanics are really the only way to challenge players like that. We have some in KT, THTH, Hunt, Skeletons. We need more of that.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #88 - Aug 15th, 2022 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
If I was making a ranged dps alt that doesn't have many PLs, what's my best options?

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #89 - Aug 16th, 2022 at 7:41am
Print Post  

I guess you dont play melees much then, huh?

After the stat squish + 25% leg.mob HP reductions + removal of Legendary wards mobs DIE quicker.

At the same time they increased Reaper Scaling for player received damage per skull. It's most evident via Fear reaper's bane damage ticks. Untyped damage on R10 before stat squish update was around 200, but now its 299 per tick.

My medium armored pally went from comfortably tanking 4-5 Doom hits to getting 2 shot. Wearing Suulo set with 33% evil absorb effect easily prevented venge circle oneshots before but now even 8k+ HP tanks will get oneshot if not wearing evil absorb. This is probably the main reason I switched to high dodge/evasion/hit avoidance melees. If you're playing only nukers and ranged this shit is barely noticeable I supposes.

R10 is both too easy and hard at the same time. I suppose its SSG's fucktard idea of balancing things.
Steelfag always so giddy to claim that reaper isnt supposed to be fair and its trying to kill you. LOL. I wonder if he considers himself God's gift to SSG and the playerbase.

Personally, I'm against any changes that increase quest completion times and dip into players pockets some more.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #90 - Aug 16th, 2022 at 8:05am
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 15th, 2022 at 11:59pm:
If I was making a ranged dps alt that doesn't have many PLs, what's my best options?

Throwers require a lot of racial APs to be good, I'd say Bow builds should suffice:

https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/529780-U52-First-Life-Bow-Build?s=6...

and check out other splits, probably the 12rog/6ranger/2x stuff.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2022 at 8:08am by Alex DeLarge »  

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Aug 16th, 2022 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Aug 16th, 2022 at 7:41am:
I guess you dont play melees much then, huh?
Pretty much. Melees and swim clerics. Neither really appeal to me in R10....  Undecided

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #92 - Aug 16th, 2022 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Aug 16th, 2022 at 7:41am:
R10 is both too easy and hard at the same time. I suppose its SSG's fucktard idea of balancing things.

This exactly.

r10 melee is much harder
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2022 at 9:29am by Head-Meat »  

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #93 - Aug 19th, 2022 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Ferd wrote on Aug 16th, 2022 at 8:33am:
swim clerics.

How to know if someone Fucks. And has for a long time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint