Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Did they stealth nerf Shadowdancer's Dark Imbuement? (Read 1839 times)
ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Did they stealth nerf Shadowdancer's Dark Imbuement?
May 16th, 2022 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Dark Imbuement used to have a tooltip saying that it scales with melee, ranged or force spellpower. It now says that it only scales with melee or ranged power.

I cannot find any mention of this in the patch notes. Did they stealth nerf it? Or did they just fuck up the tooltip?

They seem to not have realised that this is the only epic strike with flat damage which does not scale with 200% melee/ranged power, making it pretty anemic. The only way to get decent results out of it was to bump force spellpower instead, since you can scale force spellpower much higher than melee or ranged power.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Shroud Slacker

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Re: Did they stealth nerf Shadowdancer's Dark Imbuement?
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2022 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
It *was* scaling with Force AND the higher of Melee/Ranged power.

That was definitely not WAI and, as far as I know, they made it scale with only one of those.

They made the change a few updates ago. Might have been a hotfix or in one of the post-update patches, though.
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2022 at 3:06pm by Standing Stone Games »  

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - May 17th, 2022 at 2:28am
Print Post  
Well thats poo, they ruined my build which was scaling with force, and they didnt make it scale with 200% melee/ranged power to compensate. Its the weakest epic strike by far becasue it only scales with 100% power and theres an internal cooldown.
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2022 at 2:28am by ManyCookies »  

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #3 - May 17th, 2022 at 11:00am
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on May 17th, 2022 at 2:28am:
Well thats poo, they ruined my build which was scaling with force, and they didnt make it scale with 200% melee/ranged power to compensate. Its the weakest epic strike by far becasue it only scales with 100% power and theres an internal cooldown.

They removed the force option. But last 'big' update they allegedly put it back in.

So it could be a tooltip error. Have you watched your damage and noticed it's genuinely not scaling?

I haven't touched SD in a minute though so your mileage may vary.
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2022 at 11:03am by Edrein »  

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - May 17th, 2022 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Its kind of difficult to test it since it doesnt show up seperately in the combat log. I will try testing again when im back at 29 though. In the past i just tested by screenshotting the damage numbers after using the epic strike, but that wasnt a very accurate method.

They really should just make it scale with 200% melee/ranged power like all other epic strikes. Its such an obvious solution that only SSG could fail to realise it.
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2022 at 4:25pm by ManyCookies »  

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #5 - May 17th, 2022 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
200% still doesn't out scale Force Spellpower in most cases.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 18th, 2022 at 7:11am
Print Post  
If factoring in archer's focus, it might. At level 29, I have 474 force spellpower with a ML 28 impulse augment + driftwood (insightful/quality impulse). I also have 107 universal spellpower but i'm not sure if that gets factored in as well.

I have 200+ ranged power in town at level 29, that goes up to 275+ with max archer's focus stacks. If it were to scale at 200% power, thats equal to 550+ force spellpower with the added benefit of bein able to use a different runearm.

Anyway i tested it again at level 29 and im fairly sure that it still scales off force spellpower, so it must be an outdated tooltip again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint