Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) AAF follower able to attack? (Read 7469 times)
Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

AAF follower able to attack?
Jun 8th, 2022 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Hi,

I am playing around with AAF from DH and it works pretty smooth so far. Is there a way to make the followers attack? I got 2 ranged characters and 2 melee with me.
Like turn on auto-target and they actually spring into attack action?
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2022 at 8:27am by Snu Snu »  

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: AAF follower able to attack?
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2022 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Yes.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2022 at 11:26am
Print Post  
I still need to hard target somehow for attacks. Some game settings screwing this up maybe?

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2022 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
It works ok but if you want to move to the next level you will want to use AHK or other software to send commands to multiple windows

IP Logged

Oxidizer
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #4 - Jun 8th, 2022 at 1:44pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Jun 8th, 2022 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Jun 8th, 2022 at 11:26am:
I still need to hard target somehow for attacks. Some game settings screwing this up maybe?

Most likely the alts aren't pointed at anything. There's not really a setting for that, got to hard target.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #6 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Jun 8th, 2022 at 11:26am:

No you don't. Your followers will track your facing.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #7 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
I know but they don't attack/react if I don't hard target. Doesn't matter if I am on ranged or melee.
I'll use AHK script for hard targeting then. I had hoped I could circumvent that.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Jun 9th, 2022 at 12:23pm:
I know but they don't attack/react if I don't hard target. Doesn't matter if I am on ranged or melee.
I'll use AHK script for hard targeting then. I had hoped I could circumvent that.

Good luck asking the VoK guys for an enhancement. They do a lot of good work but have some very weird ideas about what they can and can't do.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #9 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
isnt there an option in the ddo client about attacking soft targets?

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #10 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 9th, 2022 at 2:03pm:
Good luck asking the VoK guys for an enhancement. They do a lot of good work but have some very weird ideas about what they can and can't do.

I was not going to?

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Jun 9th, 2022 at 8:26pm:
I was not going to?

That's probably for the best.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #12 - Jun 11th, 2022 at 2:00am
Print Post  
And they could do a lot more, they just won't. It is not a question of skill. They are already walking a fine line between what is possible and what SSG will allow.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jun 11th, 2022 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
I may release a vault mod for it.

I think it's easier to hook ahk into the kundark plugin than it is to script onto different windows with input via ahk, which can cause issues.

I'm thinking maybe a supplementary AHK plugin - with pre-loaded scripts and the ability to execute your own.
That way window cycling is automated and all you need to do is write the script for one window to have it automatically execute on all of them (if set to do so).

This would bring the following 2 scripts:

Targeting, hitting tab or whatever you configure could cycle hard targets for all windows (they won't necessarily be the same target).

Use, hitting the u (or whatever you configure) would pick up the soft targeted collectible on all windows.
(The idea behind which is you can farm easy to get to collectibles on 6 followers).

That said, If I start messing with aaf I'd definitely add jump and same target hard targeting right into it.
It's really the 2 missing functions that would make playing 3 or 4 clients worth it.

I mean, I used to 6box ee raids with heals on barbs 6 years ago, but I'll admit I have been having issues multitasking as well as I once did. Those aaf functions would really make something similar a breeze...

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Jun 12th, 2022 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Jun 11th, 2022 at 2:00am:
It is not a question of skill. They are already walking a fine line between what is possible and what SSG will allow.

They are really not, though. isboxer has been around for 10 years, does way more than awesomeAF, and is completely off SSG's radar. People using ahk scripts to do the same things one can achieve with isboxer or AAF have been around since lunch. Turbine didn't care then, SSG doesn't care now.

Its more like the VoK crew are too afraid of SSG. I don't blame them. But they seem to be under the impression they can get sued at the drop of a hat by a company who can barely afford in-house QA testing.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Jun 12th, 2022 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Jun 11th, 2022 at 9:16pm:

How tough would it be to make a "transfer all chest loot" function? EG hit a button and the followers automatically click on the chest and pass in chest each item to the main?

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jun 13th, 2022 at 3:01am
Print Post  
Not sure it's possible. The first item in there, sure, maybe. After you swap the first the first changes, so it may be possible to keep going.

The problem is you can't ahk an image of the name as the background changes, also making find text hard or impossible to do.

Basically I don't see a good way to select the name unless there is some special keyboard only access or a custom UI skin involved where the background is a solid color.

Better question is, why the fuck would you waste your time with that?
Who the hell even botheres to open the chest - ans of those few, who the hell would pick anything but coin, gems & named items?

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jun 13th, 2022 at 5:22am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Jun 11th, 2022 at 9:16pm:

I think it's easier to hook ahk into the kundark plugin than it is to script onto different windows with input via ahk, which can cause issues.

I'm thinking maybe a supplementary AHK plugin - with pre-loaded scripts and the ability to execute your own.
That way window cycling is automated and all you need to do is write the script for one window to have it automatically execute on all of them (if set to do so).

This would bring the following 2 scripts:

Targeting, hitting tab or whatever you configure could cycle hard targets for all windows (they won't necessarily be the same target).

Use, hitting the u (or whatever you configure) would pick up the soft targeted collectible on all windows.
(The idea behind which is you can farm easy to get to collectibles on 6 followers).

That said, If I start messing with aaf I'd definitely add jump and same target hard targeting right into it.
It's really the 2 missing functions that would make playing 3 or 4 clients worth it.

I mean, I used to 6box ee raids with heals on barbs 6 years ago, but I'll admit I have been having issues multitasking as well as I once did. Those aaf functions would really make something similar a breeze...

Why so complicated?
I personally use ISBoxer but you can use AHK as a free solution you can simply send the tab key to all clients

for a more sophisticated approach if you have your master join the group last you can have the slaves press F6 then the assist key so you can focus fire

In terms of breaking the rules as long as you follow the guideline one keypress = 1 action per client multiboxing is generally supported (automation is not allowed)
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2022 at 5:30am by Justanotherlurker »  

IP Logged

Gunnerz
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jun 13th, 2022 at 7:33am
Print Post  
ISBoxer and innerspace is really the way to go. To have everyone loot the chest you can just stand in front of it and hit Q then E then B and everyone will loot. Then use mouse broadcasting to click yes on the windows for BTA/C stuff.

Having everyone pass to the same person is not possible because everyone's loot list is different. So, the name "l337gamer" may appear as position two for one toon but position three for another toon. This requires clicking into each screen and passing manually. This is pretty easy to do with ISBoxer as you can make a hotkey that rotates you to each window.

You can do an auto pass but that would require automation and ISBoxer/VoK won't be doing any of that, so they do not violate ToS .

The VoK guys are doing some amazing stuff. They are working on a new map system that auto maps including drop locations, chests etc.

If you have some time hop on their discord and give them honest feedback/suggestions. They are a bunch of solid guys, that play the game, who just want to increase quality of life in the game without violating any ToS.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Jun 13th, 2022 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Jun 13th, 2022 at 3:01am:
Better question is, why the fuck would you waste your time with that?
Who the hell even botheres to open the chest - ans of those few, who the hell would pick anything but coin, gems & named items?

Anyone who's farming for cannith essences. Getting 6x lvl 30 items per chest beats 1. "Take everything and sell the vendor trash later" just sounded easier to implement than picking out the good stuff.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Jun 13th, 2022 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Gunnerz wrote on Jun 13th, 2022 at 7:33am:
You can do an auto pass but that would require automation and ISBoxer/VoK won't be doing any of that, so they do not violate ToS .

How would this violate ToS?

Gunnerz wrote on Jun 13th, 2022 at 7:33am:
The VoK guys are doing some amazing stuff. They are working on a new map system that auto maps including drop locations, chests etc.

If you have some time hop on their discord and give them honest feedback/suggestions. They are a bunch of solid guys, that play the game, who just want to increase quality of life in the game without violating any ToS.

I have nothing but nice things to say about the VoK guys. Except that I'm not sure they really understand what a ToS is, and what constitutes a violation of it...

IP Logged

Gunnerz
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jun 13th, 2022 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 13th, 2022 at 1:07pm:
How would this violate ToS?

I have nothing but nice things to say about the VoK guys. Except that I'm not sure they really understand what a ToS is, and what constitutes a violation of it...

You know you are right I realized I was just talking out of my ass on that one. I have never read the TOS.

To me botting is when you use a third-party program to make a decision for you in game then the program executes an action without any input from the user.

That being said what I think doesn't really matter. The TOS for DDO will be whatever SSG perceives it to be. I think that is the issue for the guys at VoK. They honestly just want to improve quality of life for players in the game and not get shutdown by SSG in the process.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #22 - Jun 13th, 2022 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Gunnerz wrote on Jun 13th, 2022 at 3:50pm:
The TOS for DDO will be whatever SSG perceives it to be.

This is pretty much what it all comes down to. Anyone who's spent a decent amount of time on the motherboards is familiar with fat jerry's creative interpretation of the community guidelines.

Some things though don't really have a leg to stand on. I tried to convince the VoK guys a while back to add some kind of "keep alive" function to AwesomeAF(basically just trigger a jump or something every so often so the alts stay connected). This is borderline a requirement since, spoiler alert, AAF followers can be marked AFK while actively walking(somehow whatever sorcery AAF runs on, it doesn't qualify as key inputs). DDO already has a "feature" that lets you bypass the timeouts(open the menu click logout then leave the confirmation up) and keep alives would be covered under the same anti-botting rules in ToS(for which they do not qualify).

Well the VoK guys believe including a keep-alive system would be "replicating a vip feature"(since VIPs have a longer timeout). Its weird. I mean its up to them I'm not gonna push the issue, but everyone in the world is using keep-alives in MMOs and nobody is getting banned for them.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #23 - Jun 14th, 2022 at 6:28am
Print Post  
This is totally news to me. My bots never went afk while following. I used AAF right in the beginning for quite extensively for about 3 weeks or so, took a break and came back just recently as they published DH 3.0 or whatever. I'd say I used it in total about 6 weeks for about 20 hours a week in different states of development and never had that happen.
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2022 at 6:31am by Snu Snu »  

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #24 - Jun 14th, 2022 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Jun 14th, 2022 at 6:28am:
This is totally news to me. My bots never went afk while following. I used AAF right in the beginning for quite extensively for about 3 weeks or so, took a break and came back just recently as they published DH 3.0 or whatever. I'd say I used it in total about 6 weeks for about 20 hours a week in different states of development and never had that happen.

Probably just different use-case. I tend to have my chest-pullers follow a bellweather, not my main(which I play on a different PC). The main goes out and does the quest while the alts pike at the entrance; sometimes that takes a while because fuck trying hard at things. To keep the alts alive I would use AAF to take a step forward every 5-10 minutes. Well the bellweather did fine, but all the alts stayed afk and got logged out. Since then I use the logout confirmation trick.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint