Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Dodge Gettin Fucked and Fuckin You (Read 6170 times)
WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Dodge Gettin Fucked and Fuckin You
Jun 8th, 2022 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Cordumb:

Quote:
We apologize that the release note about Dodge hasn't made it into the release notes until now. This is a change that is expected to be in Update 55, and we'll be adding information about it to the release notes shortly.

Legendary enemies are being enhanced, so in Legendary quests certain monsters will get the following special traits:

Dodgy: Nimble or rogue-like enemies will get a small amount of Dodge. The amount of Dodge they get is based on the difficulty of the quest (Normal, Hard, Elite, Reaper) and the level of the quest.

Accurate: Ranged and primary fighter-like enemies can get a small amount of Dodge bypass.

Additionally in Legendary Reaper all monsters will get a small Dodge Bypass boost per Skull of the quest that stacks with monsters you benefit from the Accurate trait.

It is worth noting that these bonuses are NOT universal, and only certain enemies in quests will get them. This change is being done to further support Dodge Bypass as a mechanic for players to focus towards, and to help certain enemies become more of a threat against certain types of defensive abilities.
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2022 at 4:59pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Re: Dodge Gettin Fucked and Fuckin You
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2022 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
That sounds pretty retarded. Aren't there only like 4 ways of getting any dodge bypass? Elf, Tabaxi, Shiradi, Shadowdancer? Wtf is everyone else supposed to do?

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2022 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
DDO cocksuckers are full on in the discord supporting this change. Unbelievable!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2022 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
DOOOOOOOOOOOOoOOOoooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #4 - Jun 8th, 2022 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Reapers are hjard, yo.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #5 - Jun 8th, 2022 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Jun 8th, 2022 at 7:27pm:
Reapers are hjard, yo.

Tank that dick harder.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #6 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 12:44am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jun 8th, 2022 at 10:40pm:
Tank that dick harder.

You’re probably a better knitter than gamer. Switch it up, pussy.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #7 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 2:21am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jun 8th, 2022 at 4:59pm:
Additionally in Legendary Reaper all monsters will get a small Dodge Bypass boost per Skull of the quest that stacks with monsters you benefit from the Accurate trait.

Small my ass, probably gonna cap at 50% dodge bypass in R10s, effectively killing every dodge build in existence.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 8:32am
Print Post  
Jesus fucking christ, would they just cut to the chase and skullfuck any character holding a sword and force a crossbow into their fucking hand already.

RIP the last defensive thing in high skull that was worth anything other than "don't be near mob".
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2022 at 8:36am by somenewnoob »  

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #9 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 10:39am
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Jun 9th, 2022 at 8:32am:
Jesus fucking christ, would they just cut to the chase and skullfuck any character holding a sword and force a crossbow into their fucking hand already.

RIP the last defensive thing in high skull that was worth anything other than "don't be near mob".

My theory is that the dev team is gay and retarded, so anything mildly masculine must be removed from the game. You know the woke culture destroying western civilization.

Fairy farts for everyone! Better huff that stuff and cut off your Johnson. Standing in front of mobs is only for people who don't build any damage.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2022 at 10:40am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #10 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 10:49am
Print Post  
So...they want caster supremacy?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Homie I can't heal, can't conceal, and can't dodge now yo.

I wonder what we're talking about, 1% per skull? 2%? More?

Everybody back into pajamas like the level cap 20 days where there was zero point to armor?
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2022 at 11:01am by somenewnoob »  

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Jun 9th, 2022 at 10:58am:
Homie I can't heal, can't conceal, and can't dodge now yo.

I wonder what we're talking about, 1% per skull? 2%? More?

Everybody back into pajamas like the level cap 20 days where there was zero point to armor?

Maybe you could all stop playing reaper because the entire concept is stupid?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 9th, 2022 at 2:57pm:

Because sleepwalking through EE is.........fun?

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Well then good news:

https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/532334-U55-Legendary-Monsters-Accur
ate-Dodgy-and-stuff-will-NOT-be-in-Dread

This awful change is being pushed back to sometime post Isle of Dread.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Jun 9th, 2022 at 3:03pm:
Because sleepwalking through EE is.........fun?

The devs want players to play on R10, yet are entirely tone-deaf when it comes to listening to player feedback. If everyone stopped playing reaper they *might* actually wake up and listen.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #16 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 9th, 2022 at 3:59pm:
Well then good news:

https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/532334-U55-Legendary-Monsters-Accur
ate-Dodgy-and-stuff-will-NOT-be-in-Dread

This awful change is being pushed back to sometime post Isle of Dread.

Quote:
Hey folks, just gonna give a quick update on some of the legendary monster changes which have been floating around in the previews.

In essence we have been experimenting with several things…

1.Having Mobs in legendary reaper reduce players effective dodge (a much more milder version of what happens already with incorp/displacement)

2.Having Mobs in legendary gain new abilities based on their “class”. Example: A rogue might have some dodge, or a Fighter might have some Dodge Pen.

I’m not going to go into much more detail than that now because with all that's going with Dread we have decided that these sub systems need more time to bake in dev. So we are kicking this can to another update.

To be clear... These changes will not be in the Isle of Dread update.

When we are ready to dig into these things again more details will be provided in this Lammania thread, and it will be part of a different update/preview cycle, with a bit more time to take in feedback and hash out the effects to general game balance.

Enjoy the Dinosaurs!

-T

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 7:17pm
Print Post  

The idea itself actually isn't bad at all. It's no secret that Elite difficulty is way too easy, and gets even easier the more PLs you get. A higher difficulty mode beyond elite was always a good idea.

It's just that everything about Reaper was retarded from the start.

For one thing, monster champions/reapers are completely RNG. In a well-designed game, you'd have linear difficulty scaling: that is to say, every monster would be like 10% more powerful, or 20% more powerful or something. With Reapers/champions, the problem is certain monsters are - AT COMPLETE RANDOM - about 200% more powerful and have random buffs applied to them. It makes the whole experience that much more RNG-reliant and unpredictable. That's not good game design. I'm all for higher difficulties, but the complete and utter reliance upon RNG was the exact wrong way to go about designing one.

For another thing, Reaper occupies this weird uncanny valley where it's 1) the best mode for leveling because of the exp bonus compared to elite and 2) it's also the "endgame challenge mode." As a result, R2-10 are mostly ignored because R1 is that sweetspot where you get the EXP bonus while also gaining the benefit of every single reaper enhancement point. Consequently, you get this weird situation where R1 is both easier and better exp for anyone who has a shitload of reaper enhancement points. Meanwhile, the higher skulls are just... there.

It's also not a good state of affairs when Melee is basically unviable, or at best, severely outclassed by other options. I've long thought that melee builds have been falling by the wayside. Why would you play melee when you deal less damage and you are basically forced into an unsafe playstyle? The problem is Reaper is designed to disproportionately punish melee characters. Even in heroics (the only mode I've played for the past few years), melee are significantly worse; I can't imagine how much worse the situation gets in endgame raids. It's just not fun. I miss the DDO when every class had a use.

But I'm probably preaching to the choir.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2022 at 7:19pm by »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The idea itself actually isn't bad at all. It's no secret that Elite difficulty is way too easy, and gets even easier the more PLs you get. A higher difficulty mode beyond elite was always a good idea.

This is actually true. EE had effectively become the default and while there were still challenging moments, by and large it was a cake walk. The basic concept of "hey, let's make a higher difficulty level" was great until...

Quote:
It's just that everything about Reaper was retarded from the start.

In addition to your other well-made points, let's also add that the only reward for tackling that high difficulty is... making the difficulty easier. That's ultimately my biggest complaint. Its not that Reaper is too hard, its just pointless. If I go to all the trouble to grind out 156 reaper points it doesn't add anything interesting to my gameplay. At least racial past lives give us some more build points.

Quote:
but the complete and utter reliance upon RNG was the exact wrong way to go about designing one.

This is the core problem with all of SSG's design philosophy. They literally don't know how to design something that's not based entirely on RNG, and their RNG is always broken. Just look at Strikethruough: arguably one of the best improvements to the game in recent memory... and its STILL a chance-based mechanic. And yes, despite what the wiki says, it is possible to *somehow* fail even with 200% strikethrough chance. Go fucking figure.

Quote:
For another thing, Reaper occupies this weird uncanny valley where it's 1) the best mode for leveling because of the exp bonus compared to elite and 2) it's also the "endgame challenge mode."

I would like to add the other irritating point to it that because of the stupid way they set up RXP decay grinding is only viable if you're TRing constantly. You can't be like "Ok, finished all my lives, time to start grinding Rxp". Fuck that.

Quote:
But I'm probably preaching to the choir.

Amen.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #19 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
everytime you Reaper Reincarnte you get 3 secs of Supreme Dodge (cannot be pierced) and 1 percent Dodge Bypass!

Requires 156 reaper points.  But wait, theres fucking more!  You will restart your next life with 6 reaper points instead of zero!  We at derpbine care about our players!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Lol oh god, reaper reincarnation! How long till they actually propose that?

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #21 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 12:31am
Print Post  

Or maybe you could SHUT THE FUCK UP.

IP Logged

The Real Grand
Korthos Resident

Mmmm! So good!

Reply #22 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 4:17am
Print Post  
Reminder:

Even just logging in tells the powers that be that the idiots are doing an adequate job.

Every penny you spend is both voting with your dollars that you agree with their changes while simultaneously telling their bosses they deserve to be employed.

You can bitch and moan here all you want but you all might as well have "Sev and Sleeldildo rock" tattoos on your foreheads.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
The Real Grand wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 4:17am:
Even just logging in tells the powers that be that the idiots are doing an adequate job.

If your point was "wtf is with you people who complain about Turdbine while also continually giving the money" then yeah, I can agree with that. But I don't see how logging in without paying them any money is a bad thing.

I'd rather occasionally play DDO because I still have fun with it sometimes... but not give Turbine any money. I don't see how that's worse than "not logging in at all." If anything, I'm a drain to their servers. And I'd hazard to guess that a lot of people on the Vault are in a similar boat: we still have some fun with the game, but haven't given Turbine money in years.

Shunned wrote on Jun 9th, 2022 at 8:02pm:
everytime you Reaper Reincarnte you get 3 secs of Supreme Dodge (cannot be pierced) and 1 percent Dodge Bypass!

Requires 156 reaper points.  But wait, theres fucking more!  You will restart your next life with 6 reaper points instead of zero!  We at derpbine care about our players!

Shh, don't give them any ideas.  Tongue

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #24 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 12:31am:
Or maybe you could SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I may have struck a nerve.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint