Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic IoD set bonuses (Read 6022 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

IoD set bonuses
Jun 27th, 2022 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
https://ddowiki.com/page/Named_item_sets#Isle_of_Dread_Sets

Is it just me, or is this shit identicle to feywild/sharn in power level?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Re: IoD set bonuses
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 2:01pm:
https://ddowiki.com/page/Named_item_sets#Isle_of_Dread_Sets

Is it just me, or is this shit identicle to feywild/sharn in power level?

The theme seems to be versatility or "side grades" on this update. At first I really liked the idea of craftable artifacts. But, I think they should have some craftable NON-artifacts. I guess the set bonuses are another way of giving us variety but not superiority.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 2:14pm:
The theme seems to be versatility or "side grades" on this update. At first I really liked the idea of craftable artifacts. But, I think they should have some craftable NON-artifacts. I guess the set bonuses are another way of giving us variety but not superiority. 

I liked the idea of craftable bonuses until I realized how much of a grind they would be. Now I don't like them anymore.

That being said: the ML31 artifact grants +14 to a stat... same as the ML29 minor artifacts from Feywild. Set bonuses similarly seem to be at the same power level. So what's the point?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Wow... I like how some of the pieces only have 1 piece listed on the wiki... Is that because the wiki hasn't dropped fully, or they don't exist yet?

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 2:38pm:
Wow... I like how some of the pieces only have 1 piece listed on the wiki... Is that because the wiki hasn't dropped fully, or they don't exist yet?

Because the wiki hasn't updated fully. It takes them a while.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #5 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Ok looking at it for real, the 5-piece set is so generic it doesn't fit any build. MAYBE an EK build. It has caster, ranged, and melee bonuses which makes it suboptimal for any.

The 3-piece tank set MIGHT get use in high AC builds--but it's a docent.. so WF tank. Maybe we'll see WF tanks now, but I'm doubting that. 

The 3-piece caster set MIGHT get use--although only one piece is showing on wiki, and it's INT based. So, that limits it to wizzy nukers (lol) and Alchemists. EDIT: Looks like the armor piece is a robe.. So..

The healer set seems ok.

The ranged set might fit with some builds? Docent or outfit.. Hm.. so pretty much monk throwers? I can't think of anything else that might use it. But, who knows?

Nothing interesting to builds I play based on what I'm seeing atm.
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2022 at 3:15pm by Head-Meat »  

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 3:05pm:
Nothing interesting to builds I play based on what I'm seeing atm.

Same. And with no corresponding improvement in power level its not worth the effort to change builds for the gear.

Maybe there's just a ton more gear that hasn't been discovered?

I don't know, but I'm going to go look at the perfected artifacts now since the dino artifact is so pointless.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #7 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Ok hold on. These craftable artifacts hold 4 fillis.

That's something.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 3:25pm:
Ok hold on. These craftable artifacts hold 4 fillis.

That's something.

So do the "perfected" minor artifacts you can make with the nebula fragment, which you can now trade 100 star fragments to get. Starting from scratch that's probably a worse grind; but assuming you already have piles of pack ingredients 100 star fragments is probably not a stretch for most of us long-timers.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #9 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 3:39pm:
So do the "perfected" minor artifacts you can make with the nebula fragment, which you can now trade 100 star fragments to get. Starting from scratch that's probably a worse grind; but assuming you already have piles of pack ingredients 100 star fragments is probably not a stretch for most of us long-timers.

As far as I can tell, doing the saga once will basically get you the mats for the first 3 augments. The 4th tier and set bonus require the raid. So, we don't know how big the grind is for those, yet. The raid level augments actually look good imo.--OH, you can grind the wilderness for the raid mats supposedly. That's good, imo. 

The crafting looks interesting. Not sure if it's top notch. But, some of it is interesting.

Ok now looking at it again, a lot of the items are craftable.

I'm now overall in favor of this pack. It's helpful. I think I can eek out something better than what I have with the crafting. I especially like that the raid mats can be done via wilderness rares.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #10 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
This system also becomes a way to get the (previously) very rare +2 sacred spell DC. I think that was previously on only 1-2 items. Very difficult to slot on many builds.
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2022 at 4:06pm by Head-Meat »  

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 3:58pm:
As far as I can tell, doing the saga once will basically get you the mats for the first 3 augments. The 4th tier and set bonus require the raid. So, we don't know how big the grind is for those, yet. The raid level augments actually look good imo.--OH, you can grind the wilderness for the raid mats supposedly. That's good, imo. 

This doesn't seem to be accurate. I've done most of the saga(much of it on R10 shockingly) and haven't gotten enough mats for a single augment yet.

Head-Meat wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 3:58pm:
I'm now overall in favor of this pack. It's helpful. I think I can eek out something better than what I have with the crafting. I especially like that the raid mats can be done via wilderness rares.

If true this will ease off the grind substantially. I actually enjoy wilderness grinds; I can do it on whatever character I please and the repetitive nature is relaxing. BUT so far as I can tell the wilderness does not give you all matts, only specific matts that only drop in the wilderness.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #12 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Looks like this replaces and upgrades a lot of Greensteel items.

Example: My current cloak is for spell crits 20% chance, and 15% crit dmg. That's it. The 20% chance is inferior. So, you're really looking at the 15% crit dmg. This is required for high-level nukers. On the new cloak I could get

+14 stat, 15% crit dmg, +2 sacred DCs, set bonus (if I wanted) AND 2 augment slots. That blows the greensteel cloak away.

The armors MIGHT be able to replace Clouded Dreams from KT for nukers too. It at least gives you a viable option to replace it. Interesting.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #13 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Ok. One more thing: Apparently the artifacts here are actually +15 stat. I didn't know that previously either.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 4:28pm:
Ok. One more thing: Apparently the artifacts here are actually +15 stat. I didn't know that previously either.

Would sure be fucking nice if they could make it actually SAY that on the barter UI  Roll Eyes Some real swell QA there, SSG.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #15 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 5:45pm:
Would sure be fucking nice if they could make it actually SAY that on the barter UI  Roll Eyes Some real swell QA there, SSG.

Yeah, I think the QA dept for this "expansion" was delegated to a potatoe.*

*Intentional Dan Quayle reference for the older folk

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Well if there is a stat bump it makes the grind a bit more attractive. Among other things, you can get a +2 Profane aug(which is a little easier to obtain than other methods). So I've more or less got space to slot that right into my gear and have a clear upgrade. If I can find a ring blank. Urg.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #17 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/532699-Why-is-there-no-spell-lore-c...

On vault, meathead says crit, on mainboard, theyt say no.  wtf

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #18 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 7:33pm:
https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/532699-Why-is-there-no-spell-lore-c...

On vault, meathead says crit, on mainboard, theyt say no.  wtf

I THINK it's poorly worded. I THINK this is what they are saying:

Quote:
I like dps casters, even with CC casters some dps is important

Crit chance damage multipliers are all over and that is nice but if I can’t crit because my chance is low that damage % multiplier means nothing

I will not be taking off my sharn or fey gear for IoD without spell crit

Hopefully it is coming but I haven’t heard and no one seems to be talking about it

Two of the sharn caster sets add 6% artifact crit chance. Similarly, the 3-piece autumn from feywild also does. Some of the Legendary versions of Red Fens, etc. does too.

Ok but wait... There literally IS a Isle caster set that has the following:
Quote:
+6% Artifact bonus to Universal Spell Critical Chance
+25 Artifact bonus to Universal Spellpower
+15% Legendary bonus to Spell Critical Damage
+30 Bonus to Magical Resistance Rating Cap

So... I'm not sure what that thread is smoking.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #19 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
The only gear with "lore" on it is 22% devotion lore. Otherwise, you can craft 20% for any spell school on the craftable weapons.

Current top tier lore is 21% for everything else--but that stuff is outside of Isle.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #20 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
God I'm slow.

The craftable BLANKS will drop in the raid. Kinda like Master Artificer, I guess.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Nuic
DQ Assaulter

OMEGALUL

Reply #21 - Jun 28th, 2022 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 8:19pm:
The only gear with "lore" on it is 22% devotion lore. Otherwise, you can craft 20% for any spell school on the craftable weapons.

Current top tier lore is 21% for everything else--but that stuff is outside of Isle.

There is: https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Bound_Elemental_Ring_of_Flames
Just don't expect people to use it for 1% more chance.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #22 - Jun 28th, 2022 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Nuic wrote on Jun 28th, 2022 at 12:16pm:
There is: https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Bound_Elemental_Ring_of_Flames
Just don't expect people to use it for 1% more chance.

Good catch.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jun 28th, 2022 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Meat head.
Why the fuck would anyone run a WF tank when you can WF nuke the shit out of everything as sorc?
Seriously. Even LOB fvs is inferior to pure sorc. And that would be a prime candidate for a tank build.
If you really had to make one because some asshole held a gun to your head or you are just stupid that way, fvs would be a prime candidate.

To be honest, it doesn't even look like the new shit is worth getting a buddy to drop a timer on your ass for joining XD
(Yet people already gave turdbine $99 or more for this shit? Amazballs.)

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Shroud Slacker

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #24 - Jun 28th, 2022 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Jun 28th, 2022 at 9:31pm:
Meat head.
Why the fuck would anyone run a WF tank when you can WF nuke the shit out of everything as sorc?
Seriously. Even LOB fvs is inferior to pure sorc. And that would be a prime candidate for a tank build.
If you really had to make one because some asshole held a gun to your head or you are just stupid that way, fvs would be a prime candidate.

To be honest, it doesn't even look like the new shit is worth getting a buddy to drop a timer on your ass for joining XD
(Yet people already gave turdbine $99 or more for this shit? Amazballs.)

Just because something is not "optimal" doesn't mean it's not fun to play.

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint