Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Why is Feywild so fucking horrible? (Read 7755 times)
iGouger
Ex Member

Why is Feywild so fucking horrible?
Jul 1st, 2022 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
So I bought Feywild, Sharn, and Saltmarsh with Turbine Points because they were on sale and I had 6500 TP lying around from reincarnating over the years. I figured the loot from Feywild looked good, especially that crown of butterflies, and I also figured that more level 5-6 content can't hurt.

But holy shit, this might be the worst adventure pack in the game. I say might because Turbine has come out with some real stinkers over the past 10 years: Lost Gatekeepers, Keep on the Borderlands, Soul Splitter, Disciples of Rage, Tethyamar, Slave Lords, Devil's Gambit, Trial of the Archons, and especially ToEE. But I still think Fail-wild has a case for the worst of them all.

For one thing, WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO QUICK TRAVEL? Ravenloft had instant teleports to dungeons... and that wilderness is actually somewhat enjoyable to explore. On the other hand, Feywild is one of the most boring wilderness areas in the game, being needlessly large with too many dead spots. Why did Turbine decide to nix the idea of quick travel? What a fucking slap in the face. Cocksuckers.

But that's only the beginning of my woes. Feywild is thoroughly horrendous. The quests themselves are unbelievably bad

Endless Revels: The premise of this quest doesn't even make any sense. Satyrs are having an endless party in Cascading Springs Cottage. Okay, so why can't we just kill them, like in any normal quest? There aren't that many - it's certainly fewer Satyrs infesting the place than monsters you actually DO kill - and you have to fight them as part of the endfight anyway. So what fucking gives? Why can't I kill them from the start? As another gripe, killing the Satyrs doesn't even end the fight, which makes no sense, given that driving away the Satyrs was the FUCKING GOAL OF THE QUEST. No, instead, you need to replace the sign, AND kill the Satyrs. What a load of bullshit. Oh yeah, and this is the first of many quest in the Fail-wild which is needlessly large

Witch Hunt: FUCK. THIS. QUEST. This has a strong case for worst quest in the game. It's another quest which is pointlessly large, taking place on a wide open expanse where you need to locate a specific item that could be located ANYWHERE. Killing the hag herself is a tedious chore because of her invincibility frames. And if she wanders away, your map doesn't even show her dot... even if it showed where she spawned to begin with. What a load of horseshit

Make Believe: Admittedly not that bad, but it's not very fun either. Way too much walking around and going from point A to point B. Very Tower of Frost-esque

Frosty Reception: Godawful. Fucking godawful. Why is it that every fucking quest in this godforsaken adventure pack has sprawling hallways with absolutely NOTHING going on in them? This quest took me 20 minutes of walking back and forth to complete, and my final kill count was something like 60. It's like Turbine intentionally designed the hallways and rooms in this quest to be as aggravating as possible. Fuck this quest.

Wake Me Up Inside: Hahahaha wow, so clever with a dumb Evanescence reference, amirite? No seriously, fuck this quest too. Just like Witch Hunt, it takes place in a wide open expanse. At least this one's objectives are in predetermined locations, but it's still a needlessly large map. And it looks like Turbine still hasn't gotten the memo that players don't enjoy having to wait around for dumb cutscenes to happen. On a related note, the voiceovers seem REALLY out of sync with what's actually happening on your screen. Voiceovers also persist after you recall. How annoying. The only positive thing I can say about this quest is that it doesn't require a lengthy walk through the boring ass Failwild wilderness area

Legend of the Lost Locket and Combatting Corruption: Unironically the best designed quests in this pack. It's simple hack-n-slash drudgery through uninspired scenery. Not exactly great quests, but it's far better from the festering dungheap that is the rest of this pack

Immortality Lessons: Another candidate for "worst quest in the game," which seemingly combines every problem that Failwild has. Pointlessly large hallways and rooms. RNG-dependence for the giant's table. Pointless mechanics (in this case, the fiddle - what is it even accomplishing besides making your quest take longer?). Too many monsters to kill. Unskippable cutscenes. An absurd power creep hat which remains BiS for all melee characters for the entire heroic game. As another thing, there's no indication that those vines are supposed to be climbable; I had to look up a YouTube video to see where to go, since I got lost even after exploring the entire dungeon 4 times.

Oh, and of course, all the OP loot in this pack has to be farmed from end chests. Because god forbid Turbine use a sensible loot mechanic like 3rd completion end rewards.

God, I'm not looking forward to finishing the rest of these, but I'm operating on the "sunk costs fallacy" at this point. This was not worth 2k TP, even on sale.

Fuck Fail-wild. This feels like one of those packs I'll farm out once for the loot and then never touch again, saga bonuses notwithstanding. It's hard to believe just how bad this pack is. I'm so glad I stopped spending money on DDO many years ago.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Re: Why is Feywild so fucking horrible?
Reply #1 - Jul 1st, 2022 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Now that you’ve sniffed the flowers, learn to Zerg them like everyone else.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jul 1st, 2022 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Witch Hunt: FUCK. THIS. QUEST. This has a strong case for worst quest in the game.

My vote's still for that float around on hover rocks looking for crap in the sharn pack.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Jul 1st, 2022 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
I would like to nominate "Let Sleeping Dust Lie", and any other quest which includes a "fail if you kill specific monsters" mechanic for worst quest in DDO. Dust earns an especially stupid place since you get fucking experience points for killing the same god damn monsters outside the quest.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jul 1st, 2022 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 1st, 2022 at 2:09pm:
I would like to nominate "Let Sleeping Dust Lie", and any other quest which includes a "fail if you kill specific monsters" mechanic for worst quest in DDO. Dust earns an especially stupid place since you get fucking experience points for killing the same god damn monsters outside the quest.

The Faithful Departed gets my vote

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 1st, 2022 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
You know, that's actually an interesting discussion to have. We should do a poll sometime for what the Vaulties think is the worst quest in the game. Here are some of my nominations (https://ddowiki.com/page/Quests_by_level_and_XP for a full list of quests)

• Total Chaos. Too long, not worth the effort, barely any exp, too much walking back and forth
  • A Small Problem. Given DDO's unstable platforming, it can sometimes be a real chore to get up to the Sky Spirit. Aside from this, there's simply too much backtracking in the quest for it to be fun
  • Immortality Lessons
  • Witch Hunt
  • Frosty Reception
  • Endless Revels
  • Gladewatch Outpost
  • ToEE part 2 because of the dumb endfight which is prone to bugs. ToEE itself was one of the worst packs in DDO history, especially at launch
  • Sealed in Amber. The only legitimately bad quest in Ravenloft, which is an otherwise fantastic pack (one of the few good ones from the past 10 years). Too large, too much RNG
  • Tomb of the Forbidden. Trading gears is a stupid gimmick, especially because DDO has become a solo game
  • The entire Disciples of Rage pack, especially Madness of Crowds. Fuck that shit
  • Pretty much all of Vale except Ritual Sacrifice. Vale actually sucks, it's just been historically great exp so we all accept that. Rainbow has a dumb gimmick, Sleeping Dust has a dumb gimmick, Coal Chamber platforming is dumb, Running w/Devils light damage can be annoying because of how uncommon light damage is in the game otherwise
  • Acute Delirium
  • Terminal Delirium

can't honestly speak to sharn/isle of dread/saltmarsh since I haven't played em yet, but there could be some stinkers there too.

Looking over the quest list, I'm thinking Feywild might have the highest ratio of genuinely terrible quests out of any pack aside from maybe ToEE.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2022 at 3:11pm by »  

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jul 1st, 2022 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Tower of Frost is up there as annoying as shit

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 1st, 2022 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
In regards to OP:
Frosty Reception is really short once you know it, especially with D-door

Immortality Lessons is short as well (except for fucking cut scene at the beginning).  Just learn it.

Endless Revels is fast as well.  Backspace for the key and you can skip several battles

Witch Hunt is actually pretty quick.  The key is to range her so she doesn't run too far off or get to one of the portals.  she'll come back to you after she's goes unkillable.
And the "tingle" paper you have to find is easy to find after you kill her.  D-door helps to get back after you find... youcan run around gather up shit until you "feel the tingle" above you... it's always up on one of the hills... like 3 or 4 different "set" locations it can appear.

i love Sealed in Amber.  it's relatively fast even with their change of putting the fortune teller past Mrak and Maverus.  3 place Mrak can be and all quickly searched.  Just have to not get unlucky with Traitor card.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Jul 1st, 2022 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jul 1st, 2022 at 3:45pm:
Just learn it.

"Just learn it" doesn't make the quest suck any less. I know Let Sleeping Dust Lie like the back of my hand. Its still shit.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jul 1st, 2022 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Jul 1st, 2022 at 2:25pm:

That quest is dead to me.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Jul 1st, 2022 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You know, that's actually an interesting discussion to have. We should do a poll sometime for what the Vaulties think is the worst quest in the game. Here are some of my nominations (https://ddowiki.com/page/Quests_by_level_and_XP for a full list of quests)

• Total Chaos. Too long, not worth the effort, barely any exp, too much walking back and forth
  • A Small Problem. Given DDO's unstable platforming, it can sometimes be a real chore to get up to the Sky Spirit. Aside from this, there's simply too much backtracking in the quest for it to be fun
  • Immortality Lessons
  • Witch Hunt
  • Frosty Reception
  • Endless Revels
  • Gladewatch Outpost
  • ToEE part 2 because of the dumb endfight which is prone to bugs. ToEE itself was one of the worst packs in DDO history, especially at launch
  • Sealed in Amber. The only legitimately bad quest in Ravenloft, which is an otherwise fantastic pack (one of the few good ones from the past 10 years). Too large, too much RNG
  • Tomb of the Forbidden. Trading gears is a stupid gimmick, especially because DDO has become a solo game
  • The entire Disciples of Rage pack, especially Madness of Crowds. Fuck that shit
  • Pretty much all of Vale except Ritual Sacrifice. Vale actually sucks, it's just been historically great exp so we all accept that. Rainbow has a dumb gimmick, Sleeping Dust has a dumb gimmick, Coal Chamber platforming is dumb, Running w/Devils light damage can be annoying because of how uncommon light damage is in the game otherwise
  • Acute Delirium
  • Terminal Delirium

can't honestly speak to sharn/isle of dread/saltmarsh since I haven't played em yet, but there could be some stinkers there too.

Looking over the quest list, I'm thinking Feywild might have the highest ratio of genuinely terrible quests out of any pack aside from maybe ToEE.

I think if we truly want to get to the bottom of this we have to set the bar a little higher for what truly constitutes a "shit quest".

No more of this "just learn it" attitude. I can do Coal blindfolded, its still a shit quest. No "it has bad XP". XP or quest rewards have nothing to do with what does and doesn't make a quest shitty.

Key areas are:
  • Stupid failure mechanics
  • Terrible size mechanics(just being big doesn't make it bad, it needs to be big and include a mechanic that makes the bigness shit)
  • Jumping puzzles(no game with collision detection this shitty should have jumping puzzles)
  • Poor mechanics that interact with long-standing bugs
  • Over-all retarded design

Let's start the nominations. My short list would be:
*Let Sleeping Dust Lie(hits about 4 of my points above)
*Jut Business(seriously fuck that quest)
*The Curse and the Captive Crustacean

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Jul 1st, 2022 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
liljiggy wrote on Jul 1st, 2022 at 4:18pm:
That quest is dead to me. 

On my very first character, on my second day playing DDO, I set foot in Faithful Departed, saw it had that "don't kill mechanic" and stepped back out. There were enough other quests for my to level around it. I've literally never completed it. It is that stupid.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #12 - Jul 1st, 2022 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
Get gud?

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jul 1st, 2022 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
I agree that jumping puzzles + poor mechanics can make a quest bad.

But I'd disagree and I would say that bad exp/rewards do, in fact, make a quest shitty. Take your favorite quest. Now reduce its exp to 1/3 its amount. Would you still run that quest? I'm doubtful. And personally, I'm guilty of the same, too; I do like the Restless Isles quests and the general vibe of the place, but I NEVER run that place because it's simply not worth it. Fact of the matter is we stomach certain quests because the exp is so good (e.g Vale), and we ignore decently-designed quests just because the exp is shit (e.g Sorrowdusk).

Certainly however, I don't think bad exp/loot on its own makes a quest as bad as some other factors. Sharn Syndicate (the level 4 chain) has meh-tier loot and exp, yet I'd rather run those quests a thousand times instead of do more Feywild, which has better exp.

I think there are a lot of quests/packs in general that would seriously need to be updated. Either update the loot, or boost the exp: Restless Isles, Necro 1, Necro 3, Sorrowdusk, Threnal, etc. I doubt an exp buff would take that much time. They did an exp boost to TBC way back when, and I loved it; I already loved the pack, and was happy to see it become that much more popular.

Another problem I'd add to your list is bad difficulty scaling. Especially with the newer packs. Quests like Feywild, Tower of Frost, Lost Gatekeepers, WPM, etc are noticeably much more difficult than older quests of the same level. It makes the game extremely schizophrenic. Something needs to be done about that as well.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jul 1st, 2022 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Jul 1st, 2022 at 4:39pm:
Get gud?

no u

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Jul 1st, 2022 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I agree that jumping puzzles + poor mechanics can make a quest bad.

But I'd disagree and I would say that bad exp/rewards do, in fact, make a quest shitty. Take your favorite quest. Now reduce its exp to 1/3 its amount. Would you still run that quest?

Yes. And frequently so.

I frequently go out and run quests I like just because I like them, be they heroic or epic-on-a-capped character. If you're already at cap, what does the XP matter?

This is in fact among the few things I like about having a high level cap: I can go run quests I like for fun on heroic with a capped character and just enjoy myself. I get no reward at all out of it, I'm just having fun. Which is, I think, the entire point of leisure activities.

Quote:
Another problem I'd add to your list is bad difficulty scaling. Especially with the newer packs. Quests like Feywild, Tower of Frost, Lost Gatekeepers, WPM, etc are noticeably much more difficult than older quests of the same level. It makes the game extremely schizophrenic. Something needs to be done about that as well.

I think you're too much into the "playing a game like a job"-mentality. By your own admission:

Quote:
I do like the Restless Isles quests and the general vibe of the place, but I NEVER run that place because it's simply not worth it.

Except this isn't a discussion of what's "worth it". This is, on a purely design-based level, which quests are good and which ones are hot garbage. If they made the XP and rewards good enough, people would play literally anything. They could make a quest where all you do is stand there for 6 hours jiggling the mouse occasionally to avoid going AFK, and as long as the XP/min was good enough, there'd be 9 LFMs up for it. That's why I said to exclude rewards from the the thinking.

As a player, I agree with you that a schizophrenic difficulty curve makes for a bad gameplay experience. But for example WPM is one of the most visually beautiful and mechanically interesting quests in DDO. That's one of quest I occasionally just go and play for new reward because I think its fun.

Meanwhile, you cannot reasonably make the reward for "The Faithful Departed" good enough to get me to play it. That's what really sets a shit quest apart from a good one: being so bad you won't play it for love or money.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jul 1st, 2022 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
You're losing me more with each subsequent post.

If you actually go around running quests which give you 0 loot and exp, then you are obviously not playing the game like >99.99% of everyone else who still plays this game. Which is fine - whatever makes you happy - but I don't personally play MMOs just so I can waste time getting no progress done, and I doubt most others do either.

The reason I brought up Restless is because that's an extreme example. I like the quests, but I don't love them enough to run them every life. Does that mean I think of DDO like a job? No, that's ridiculous. One of the most ridiculous things anyone's ever said about me on this forum.

I play DDO to have fun. Obviously. For me, having fun = trying new builds and progressing my character. It's NOT fun if I'm wasting 30 minutes on a badly designed quest which gives me almost nothing. The grind from 1-20 is already fairly long anyway. I don't need to prolong it further with shitty, unnecessarily long quests like Feywild.

You'd probably find that I'm actually a lot more casual than most people who still play the game. Most people who are on the TR/RR hamsterwheel are using sovereign pots and never play many of the quests I do. I don't usually use exp pots, and I run Sorrowdusk/Tangleroot every life because I still enjoy them. I occasionally run some Threnal quests at level, or other odd jobs like Korromar and Keeper's Santuary. Most people don't do that because these quests are seen as bad exp. But I like the quests enough that I still run them. Is that "treating the game like a job?" Obviously not. In fact, it's because I like these quests that I wish they gave more exp, and I see it as a design failure that they're not very rewarding right now.

My main point is that quest rewards should be balanced with some semblance of fairness. You can't just dismiss exp and say it doesn't matter, because that shit DOES matter. Nobody will run a quest if it gives Druid's Deep-caliber EXP. You can fellate yourself about how great a quest is all you want, but the fact is DDO is a RPG, and in RPGs, rewards do matter. Are they the most important thing? Obviously not, but nevertheless, it's a large factor of why certain quests are run, and certain quests are not. So yes, exp IS a part of the conversation, whether you like it or not.

Faithful Departed really isn't that bad at all. The Venerated have plenty of HP, to the point that the only way to kill them is to go out of your way and target them. I've run that quest a dozen times and not failed it once. Sleeping Dust is a LOT worse and vastly easier to fail... ahhh, but you see, it actually gives good exp, so people ignore that. See what I mean?

Also, WPM = beautiful? Really? It's a dank cave with some of that dumb platforming you were complaining about earlier. I don't see how you could possibly like it. That whole pack is awful, really.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Jul 1st, 2022 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
My point is that people will play the shit out of the absolute worst quest in the world so long as it gives good enough XP or other rewards. That's why XP/quest rewards need to not be considered when judging "the worst quest in DDO".

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #18 - Jul 1st, 2022 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Jul 1st, 2022 at 2:25pm:

Faithful Retarded is WAY easier these days.

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Jul 1st, 2022 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Jul 1st, 2022 at 7:26pm:
Faithful Retarded is WAY easier these days.

Being easy doesn't make it any less retarded.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jul 2nd, 2022 at 12:52am
Print Post  
Guard Duty is harder than Faithful Departed. The quest really isn't bad at all, unless you're, again, going out of your way to kill the Venerated.

noamineo wrote on Jul 1st, 2022 at 7:15pm:
My point is that people will play the shit out of the absolute worst quest in the world so long as it gives good enough XP or other rewards. That's why XP/quest rewards need to not be considered when judging "the worst quest in DDO".

No, that's precisely WHY exp/rewards DO matter for the discussion. All things being equal, a shitty quest with good exp is objectively better-designed/more worth running than a shitty quest with bad exp.

Anyway, i finished the other Failwild quests and yeah the pack sucks

Thornwright: Inoffensively easy quest. I don't love it, but if every quest in the pack were like this one, I would not mind this pack. No quick travel is still annoying, but I could deal with it if all the quests were brainless hack-n-slash stuff instead of the typical bullshittery that Failwild throws at you

Icemount Curse: Yet another needlessly large quest which takes like 15 minutes of walking back and forth to accomplish, and only ~60 kills throughout the damn thing. Puzzle is pretty retarded; after I solved it, I tried to pick up a Mysterious Remnant on the board and accidentally misclicked, which resulted in monsters + traps spawning, which killed me instantly. Dumb how a puzzle can kill you even AFTER it's solved, but that's just modern DDO for you

Needle in a Fey Stack: Another terribly designed quest. Does Turbine have a fetish for open landscape map design? Feels like the entire fucking pack was built around that philosophy. If you're melee, then this quest is even more tedious because of the absurd run speed of the boss after you open the chest. Then, you're subjected to a mind-numbingly stupid game of tag/hide and seek. What a load of garbage

Quid Pro Quo: I actually liked the Griffon part. I actually liked the villagers part. But then you get to the bandit caves, and the quest starts to do the typical Failwild thing of environments which are too large for their own good. I spent half the quest duration doing this part, and I was literally walking in circles (look at the map design: it's a circle). Overall, a below average quest

Knight who cried Windmill: Quite possibly the best quest in the entire pack. It's a simple boss fight with no bullshit. And the gimmick is actually decently executed. It's like something you'd expect in a Zelda game.

Overall I give the pack a D. Only thing which salvages it is the loot. As far as exp is concerned, there are so many other level 5-6 things to do, that Failwild feels superfluous. Pretty sure running TBC on Reaper -> Elite gets you better exp/min and is far more enjoyable than any shit in the Failwild. So yeah, I'd probably give it an F if not for the loot. Thoroughly horrible pack. Just farm it once for the gear and then forget about it forever.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jul 2nd, 2022 at 7:14am
Print Post  
They stopped bothering to add quick travel NPCs after Sharn. I suspect its a combination of "lets rush out more expansions with less work for money" and "we want players to explore wilderness more, even if almost nobody actually likes that".

I think they also stopped bothering to add optionals for named loot after Ravenloft. Sharn has almost no optionals for named loot...actually, does Sharn even have any? I cant think of any. The only optional named chest in Feywild that i can think of is the frost giant optional in Frosty Reception.

Most of the quests in Feywild are OK, but there are some really bad design choices.

Off the top of my head :

Make Believe : Boss does insane force damage in epics and pretty much forces you to spam globe of invul every 30s or use a spell absorb item. Its also way too hard to identify the real boss depending on your monitor, and impossible for color blind players.

Witch Hunt : It seems like you are supposed to chase her into a gully for the Master of the Wild Hunt to stop her from running away, but she frequently just runs in another direction instead...

Needle in a fey stack : If you dont have good CC, this is an absolute pain in the ass because the mob from the treasure chest will run away and aggro almost every enemy in the quest. I dont know why, but the deer, dog and raven seems impossible to CC in heroics. I placed 3 layers of entangles/web around the chest, CCed the unicorn just fine, but everything afterwards was just immune and kept running through my entangles and webs. I didnt even get a message saying they were immune or were saving, just nothing seemed to happen while i was chasing and spamming spells.

Icemount curse : Takes forever if you dont have a party that can split up with DD, still takes a long time if you do have one.

Quid pro quo : Spamming Q to find runes behind locked doors is not my idea of a fun time.

Immortality : Quest feels a bit long for my taste, especially with the constant pausing to use the fiddle.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jul 2nd, 2022 at 9:12am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 1st, 2022 at 4:12pm:
"Just learn it" doesn't make the quest suck any less. I know Let Sleeping Dust Lie like the back of my hand. Its still shit.

i never said "Just Learn it" for Let Sleeping Dust Lie.
that quest is shit.

I was talking about two specific quests the OP bitched about. both are very quick once you know it.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jul 2nd, 2022 at 9:16am
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Jul 2nd, 2022 at 7:14am:
They stopped bothering to add quick travel NPCs after Sharn. I suspect its a combination of "lets rush out more expansions with less work for money" and "we want players to explore wilderness more, even if almost nobody actually likes that"..

and yet they added them back in Isle of Dread.
and put two of them very close to the "Tough Rares" that drop the Pearls.  let's you ransack those 2 rares in about 15 minutes.
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2022 at 9:17am by bob the builder »  

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #24 - Jul 2nd, 2022 at 9:20am
Print Post  
You all suck at games. Strake should kick you.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint