Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic DDOwiki database (Read 1225 times)
kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

DDOwiki database
Jul 16th, 2022 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Does anyone know if you can download or get-by-asking the above? Couldn't see anything obvious on the wiki.

As I get older I don't use dwindling memory capacity on things like DDO peculiarities or frankly sometimes even trivial things.

I was thinking I'd like to write a small app that I can use to query the db locally, e.g. if I'm thinking about finally getting a Bard life I'd like to be able to quickly find which quests contain sonic-immmune mobs.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: DDOwiki database
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2022 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
You'd probably be better off writing an app to query the wiki in-place; that way you don't have to constantly re-download it every time there's an update. Also, for your given example, the wiki is fucking terrible when it comes to mob information.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Re: DDOwiki database
Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2022 at 7:26am
Print Post  
Ah ok, I'd not checked the mob details in any depth. The few I've looked up manually were useful but I can see it being out of date/incomplete given how it's created. Thanks, I'll move it from the Maybe ideas list to the Bollocks ideas list.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint