Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic No drama thread about the broken new raid? (Read 4377 times)
Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Re: No drama thread about the broken new raid?
Reply #25 - Jul 25th, 2022 at 8:25am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 24th, 2022 at 1:21pm:
Is THAT whats going on in that raid? God damn SSG is bad at storytelling.

The entire 'chain' if we can call it that is a followup to Witch Hunt from Feywild.

The Master of the Hunt is being a memelord again and hunting various things. Culminating in you going to his court; to be hunted.

It's why we don't actually kill ANY of the enemies in the raid, at least the named ones, and why the fucker just bows and starts dancing a retarded jig in your honor for beating him.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #26 - Jul 25th, 2022 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jul 25th, 2022 at 8:25am:
The entire 'chain' if we can call it that is a followup to Witch Hunt from Feywild.

The Master of the Hunt is being a memelord again and hunting various things. Culminating in you going to his court; to be hunted.

It's why we don't actually kill ANY of the enemies in the raid, at least the named ones, and why the fucker just bows and starts dancing a retarded jig in your honor for beating him.

Of course, because we didn't all kill Harry 6 million times.

My point was the "story" such as it is seems to be buried entirely inside text walls by NPCs. This is the worst possible way you can tell stories when you work in an audio-visual medium like video games.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #27 - Jul 25th, 2022 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 25th, 2022 at 3:27pm:
Of course, because we didn't all kill Harry 6 million times.

My point was the "story" such as it is seems to be buried entirely inside text walls by NPCs. This is the worst possible way you can tell stories when you work in an audio-visual medium like video games.

You know I don't actually read text. I have the DM narration on and that's it anymore.

Even still I feel like if you read the objectives in that raid you get the basic gist of the plot.

You're in a challenge arena, prove your worth, then take extra challenges if you want or go straight to the prize fight.

The only bit of that not plainly spelled out is the WHY you're signing up for the Huntmaster's insanity a second go around. It made sense in Witch Hunt, you had to prove yourself to the fey court. Showing up a second time is asking for continual spousal abuse from everyone's murder-kill-funtime loving celtic cosplayer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint