Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Official drama thread about the broken new raid (Read 2508 times)
AMB
Korthos Resident

The Star of Life!

Official drama thread about the broken new raid
Jul 22nd, 2022 at 6:57am
Print Post  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Re: Official drama thread about the broken new raid
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2022 at 9:37am
Print Post  
good to see after all these years turbine still cannot release an update in one sitting

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2022 at 9:49am
Print Post  
yawn

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2022 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Ok well if no one else is going to then DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Oracler
Titan Demolisher

Sploits! omnomnom..

Reply #4 - Jul 24th, 2022 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
1. We have 20 years old engine we don't intent to upgrade.
2. We do 1/10th of the content you usually get for paying the same amount of money in every other industry standard mmo.
3. We have best single-item pay2win among MMOs...
4. ..and we've made you to buy it multiple times due to reincarnation system...
5. ...well that could only work because we don't have PvP - so noone cares.
6. We offer VIP, but still you need to buy every expansion pack separately to have all the content. Industry standards our asses.
7. We don't hire much of content developers (see pt2), code devs/sysops/devops (we don't care about lags), we don't hire much of a testers because players are our beta-testers. We just have like 10 same people in the office for years patting each other's back.

And now recently:

8. We've fired last of our testers, we don't need them anymore. Players can be our alpha-testers aswell.

Everything thanks to you, our dear average-40yo-white-males milky whales. Zoomers would quit after point 2, maybe 3 - but you? Naah!

« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2022 at 1:50pm by Oracler »  

Here's a drama, There's a drama, and another little drama
Fuzzy drama, Funny drama, drama drama duck

drama drama, cheesecake drama, tablet, brick, potato, drama
drama drama mushroom drama, drama drama duck

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Jul 24th, 2022 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Oracler wrote on Jul 24th, 2022 at 1:48pm:
1. We have 20 years old engine we don't intent to upgrade.

DDO is based on Asheron's Call's engine, which came online in 1999 but was largely developed in around 1996. So 23-26 years is a better estimate for the age of DDO's engine.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #6 - Jul 25th, 2022 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 24th, 2022 at 2:06pm:
DDO is based on Asheron's Call's engine, which came online in 1999 but was largely developed in around 1996. So 23-26 years is a better estimate for the age of DDO's engine.

They did upgrade it at some point with the Unreal then brand new version ( IIRC v4 ) of the Unreal engine physics ( that's why we were boucing from walls when trying to jump at some point in the various Super Mario bits of quests )

but overall you nailed it... and it's not just the engine, the whole game ( and LoTRO ) is at it's root AC tweaked up.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Jul 25th, 2022 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 25th, 2022 at 2:34pm:
They did upgrade it at some point with the Unreal then brand new version ( IIRC v4 ) of the Unreal engine physics ( that's why we were boucing from walls when trying to jump at some point in the various Super Mario bits of quests )

but overall you nailed it... and it's not just the engine, the whole game ( and LoTRO ) is at it's root AC tweaked up.

Tat explains quite a lot. For one thing, I don't remember the fucktarded sideways falling bug from when I first started the game, but when it did show up it really shat on my cheerios.

Having scooped out part of the engine and replaced it with Unreal is another explanation for all the lag. For all it's faults, AC was a truly massive game that could be played on dial up, in theory it should only be better with everyone on broadband. If part of the engine was replaced(and done with SSG's usual attention to detail) it would easily explain the issues we have today.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jul 25th, 2022 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Hey fuckwads, unreal has always used physX until last year.
It's not "the unreal engine physics" it's Nvidia's physics. And they don't cause you to bounce off walls. (Unless you are a moron and you don't know how to code' then anything can happen - hence ddo)

Maybe do *some* research instead of talking out your asses.
https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Three/PhysicsHome.html

And before you climb some fucking mirror, you said version 4 - UE4 does not even support Chaos, their own external physics. And you have to pay through the nose to run Havok, along with being more competent than SSG to even get licensed.
So don't go claiming some bullshit like "oh it was unreal 2" or some other nonsense.
« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2022 at 5:41pm by Anothersock »  

IP Logged

The Real Grand
Korthos Resident

Mmmm! So good!

Reply #9 - Jul 26th, 2022 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Jul 25th, 2022 at 5:38pm:
Hey fuckwads

Here's the big difference between you and everyone else on this board.

You're too stupid to remember a password and too dense to recover and an old account.

That's all anyone needs to know about you ever.  Your "facts" are bs and you're an idiot.

Grin

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #10 - Jul 26th, 2022 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Jul 25th, 2022 at 5:38pm:
Hey fuckwads, unreal has always used physX until last year.
It's not "the unreal engine physics" it's Nvidia's physics. And they don't cause you to bounce off walls. (Unless you are a moron and you don't know how to code' then anything can happen - hence ddo)

Maybe do *some* research instead of talking out your asses.
https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Three/PhysicsHome.html

And before you climb some fucking mirror, you said version 4 - UE4 does not even support Chaos, their own external physics. And you have to pay through the nose to run Havok, along with being more competent than SSG to even get licensed.
So don't go claiming some bullshit like "oh it was unreal 2" or some other nonsense.

Nobody cares, dicklips.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #11 - Jul 26th, 2022 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 25th, 2022 at 3:33pm:
Having scooped out part of the engine and replaced it with Unreal is another explanation for all the lag. For all it's faults, AC was a truly massive game that could be played on dial up, in theory it should only be better with everyone on broadband. If part of the engine was replaced(and done with SSG's usual attention to detail) it would easily explain the issues we have today.

I stopped looking for lag explanations long ago.

DDO can also be played on dial up, it's traffic is negligible on my DSL ( 12Mb/1Mb ) compared to other usages even today.
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2022 at 12:59pm by Flav »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Jul 26th, 2022 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 26th, 2022 at 12:59pm:
I stopped looking for lag explanations long ago.

DDO can also be played on dial up, it's traffic is negligible on my DSL ( 12Mb/1Mb ) compared to other usages even today.

Yeah I've actually watched the traffic and it is extremely small. Kind of shocked, I could damn near play on my cellphone hotspot.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint