Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Are the new epic destinies as lame as they seem? (Read 1745 times)
liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Are the new epic destinies as lame as they seem?
Jul 23rd, 2022 at 7:53am
Print Post  
I’ve been mostly running racial lives since I wasn’t too impressed with the new system and have been doing my best to avoid it.  I’m going to knock out an epic life or two and so far the new system feels very…blah.

The “twists” especially feel very uninspired and unimpressive.  Right off the bat you have to get cocoon which kills one twist right away (if you’re a dev, eat a fucking dick and choke on it with your idiot “you can use THREE trees” bullshit.  I used to use at least FOUR.  Fucking idiots) and all the lower tier options are just basic and general and mostly feel generic and underpowered.

So what are your recommendations for a goo lock?  Both for prime tree and twists?

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Re: Are the new epic destinies as lame as they seem?
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2022 at 8:08am
Print Post  
Wrong.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2022 at 8:17am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Jul 23rd, 2022 at 8:08am:
Wrong.

May very well be, this is just a first impression.  Which is why I'm asking if there is something I'm missing.

Which you didn't bother answering  Angry

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Shroud Slacker

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2022 at 10:58am
Print Post  
liljiggy wrote on Jul 23rd, 2022 at 8:17am:
May very well be, this is just a first impression.  Which is why I'm asking if there is something I'm missing.

You were expecting Gunga to be helpful?

Grin Grin Grin

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2022 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
I would not be spending points on Cocoon in the new system.

There's a couple of juicy things around but yes a lot of it is uninteresting pap. I just resigned most of the points to climbing a ladder to get the stuff I wanted.

The sort of good news is Epic is significantly easier so it doesn't matter that you're spending 1DP on improvements that feel heroic tier.
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2022 at 12:06pm by kum-gulp »  

IP Logged

liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jul 23rd, 2022 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Jul 23rd, 2022 at 10:58am:
You were expecting Gunga to be helpful?

Well I expect more out of him than noamie or that dumbass pretending to be a game designer  Undecided

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #6 - Jul 23rd, 2022 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
liljiggy wrote on Jul 23rd, 2022 at 8:17am:

I’ve already helped you more than the guy who asked you if you expected any more from me, so there’s that.

My blunt statement was meant to make you look at the trees and read the abilities again. You might find some great stuff.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 23rd, 2022 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Jul 23rd, 2022 at 4:28pm:
I’ve already helped you more than the guy who asked you if you expected any more from me, so there’s that.

True.

Gunga wrote on Jul 23rd, 2022 at 4:28pm:
y blunt statement was meant to make you look at the trees and read the abilities again. You might find some great stuff.

This is probably just whining but I think I’ve pinpointed the problem.  Right off the bat, yeah, I get that they wanted to make the bridge between heroics and epics less jarring, but (imo) all they’ve done is make epics feel less epics.  Given I’m only level 22 right now but it no longer feels like I’ve jumped into a much more difficult setting but have cool new toys to play with to help me on my journey; it just feels exactly like what I was doing in heroics but just getting a slow, steady bump in power.

Maybe it’s cooler running high reaper at cap, but I’m so far finding leveling just bland as hell.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #8 - Jul 23rd, 2022 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
liljiggy wrote on Jul 23rd, 2022 at 6:40pm:
True.

This is probably just whining but I think I’ve pinpointed the problem.  Right off the bat, yeah, I get that they wanted to make the bridge between heroics and epics less jarring, but (imo) all they’ve done is make epics feel less epics.  Given I’m only level 22 right now but it no longer feels like I’ve jumped into a much more difficult setting but have cool new toys to play with to help me on my journey; it just feels exactly like what I was doing in heroics but just getting a slow, steady bump in power.

Maybe it’s cooler running high reaper at cap, but I’m so far finding leveling just bland as hell.

That's fair, there are some other folks here who spend more time levelling so they'll be able to help you more before cap. Getting all of your destiny points is key to opening up some decent options, too.
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2022 at 6:55pm by Gunga »  

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint