Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Druid pack (Read 3998 times)
Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Druid pack
Jul 28th, 2022 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
I'm on my final shifter life, druid caster, pretty fun as expected. I try to make each life play a bit differently so I've been running with a pack of hirelings out and the pet and a summons, just for flavour. As expected they have done very little of use.

That is until I hit late teens, with the owlbear, lioness, panther and shield guardian out they are all so chunky that they seem to just get in the way of anything trying to hit me. They rarely seem to die as they don't get agro, they just kind of get in the way.

Then I hit lvl 23 and got that tier in primal avatar and it got ridiculous. Because of the shared mantle and spellpower, they are each hitting for 3x 1k-2k procs every 5 seconds. I just tried Lords of dust R1 casting nothing but mass regenerate and it was an easy completion - this is with the heroic hirelings, only epic one was cassandra the rogue. I got one kill by mistake by hitting the wrong button and had to rez the lioness after a nasty deathknight champ, but otherwise I did very little.

I took some screenshots but can't work out these image tags. Thought it might interest someone anyway, an extra 10k ish dps is pretty nice.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Druid pack
Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2022 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
The lack of replies tell me that this is less interesting than I thought! However, i'm updating anyway in the hope that it's useful to someone.

Primal avatar continued to be excellent to 30, the hirelings / summons very rarely died and didn't need babysitting. In mid 20's I was able to solo R1 Isle of Dread which is better than I could have done usually. For normal solo epic leveling, R4 at zerg speed worked great, no need to stop for anything, they just clear up anything that didn't get killed by whatever AOEs you drop as you run along.

I imagine with an Ooze weapon or a charm build you could probably have some fun.

For free xp whilst cooking/working or whatever you can just afk in an Eveningstar challenge. Not how I like to play, but can't think of any other build I could do that on.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Jul 31st, 2022 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
I wonder if its occurred to anyone at SSG how the most effective way to play druid is solo. In an MMO.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #3 - Jul 31st, 2022 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 31st, 2022 at 10:08pm:
I wonder if its occurred to anyone at SSG how the most effective way to play druid is solo. In an MMO.

Meh. My nuker Druid who can 1-shot trash on r10 disagrees.  Tongue

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Shroud Slacker

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #4 - Jul 31st, 2022 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jul 31st, 2022 at 10:23pm:
Meh. My nuker Druid who can 1-shot trash on r10 disagrees.  Tongue

With what spell?

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #5 - Aug 1st, 2022 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Jul 31st, 2022 at 11:00pm:
With what spell?

Dragon breath* or tsunami*.

I've played both a high DC nuker druid and the all-out dmg one. I'm currently on the latter.

*The reason ice druids are kinda hot has everything to do with shifter race + core 4 in natures warrior tree.

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Ferd
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 1st, 2022 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Core 5.

Nomoreo is still dumb as a fucking post.

That is all.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Shroud Slacker

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #7 - Aug 1st, 2022 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 1st, 2022 at 9:37am:
*The reason ice druids are kinda hot has everything to do with shifter race + core 4 in natures warrior tree.

Don't you mean the core 5 ability, Howl of Winter?

EDIT: Ninja'd by Ferd.
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2022 at 10:51am by Standing Stone Games »  

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #8 - Aug 1st, 2022 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Aug 1st, 2022 at 10:43am:
Don't you mean the core 5 ability, Howl of Winter?

I can almost count.

Yes. Core 5.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #9 - Aug 1st, 2022 at 11:46am
Print Post  
I prefer to be more precise. So, I did some testing.

On most content (lvl 32+), it's actually 2-shot. Breath + tsunami. That's without temp boosts like reaper power or action boost to spell power or wellspring.

With boosts, 1-shotting is a thing. (Tested and confirmed. 1 boosted dragon breath melted about 1/3 of the first pack in Grim)

I then realized then I could probably solo r10 Grim and Barrett. I'd never tried it before. So, I gave it a go. Well, I got through all the trash mobs pretty well. Basically salted sleet storms for CC, then boosted AOE on packs with some single-target clean up. No problem, really. Only problems were the Orthon and the final boss. But, I ended up using 6 cakes between both those red names. I should have used dragonform on both which I didn't until my last go at the end boss. Also, I got lucky with zero Dooms. Though, I think if there was a doom in the main pack I probably would have been ok. But, I'm not sure.

A few practices, and I might be able to do it without dying. Maybe.

EDIT: Wow. I also didn't use the Wave clickie on the bosses (25% reduction to ALL dmg for a minute). Imagine being this bad.
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2022 at 11:54am by Head-Meat »  

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Ferd
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 1st, 2022 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
You can avoid the need for salt by leading with BogW - that'll helpless freeze for the added 50% helpless image the build has. Then your tsunami will knock down anything that doesn't get frozen (if it doesn't kill it outright) Dragon breathe might be needed afterwards, I find ice flowers is enough and on a shorter timer.

You can cc the orthon.

End boss I find debuffs make a noticeable difference - blood rage clicky, affirmation proc, the SH HP buff will start the fight with a little over 5k HP. Wave clicky and keep moving. That divine wrath is really the only thing you need to worry about on r10.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #11 - Aug 1st, 2022 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Ferd wrote on Aug 1st, 2022 at 12:19pm:
You can avoid the need for salt by leading with BogW - that'll helpless freeze for the added 50% helpless image the build has. Then your tsunami will knock down anything that doesn't get frozen (if it doesn't kill it outright) Dragon breathe might be needed afterwards, I find ice flowers is enough and on a shorter timer.

You can cc the orthon.

End boss I find debuffs make a noticeable difference - blood rage clicky, affirmation proc, the SH HP buff will start the fight with a little over 5k HP. Wave clicky and keep moving. That divine wrath is really the only thing you need to worry about on r10.

I swapped the BoGW build for a setup with ruin/greater ruin.

I'm pretty  sure I'll be swapping back to it. You give up 8% crit chance too on Howls to do the ruin path. 92% is nice. 100% is better. The ruin/gruin combo is better for single-target rotation, obvs. But, not as good overall imo.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Ferd
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 1st, 2022 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Heroic Feats
Maximize - empower - PL Wiz - completionist - enlarge - quicken - heavy armor
Epic Feats
Well spring - burst - ruin - greater ruin
Destinies
Spell power cold - spell power force - spell power positive - crush weakness
Legendary
Water

The swap is ruin/greater for intensify/embolden? Where's the 8% Crit chance?

I've run both - intensify/embolden is a little easier but the ability to ruin/greater reapers to delete them at a bit of range is very nice. Depends on who I'm running with.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #13 - Aug 2nd, 2022 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Ferd wrote on Aug 1st, 2022 at 7:31pm:
Heroic Feats
Maximize - empower - PL Wiz - completionist - enlarge - quicken - heavy armor
Epic Feats
Well spring - burst - ruin - greater ruin
Destinies
Spell power cold - spell power force - spell power positive - crush weakness
Legendary
Water

The swap is ruin/greater for intensify/embolden? Where's the 8% Crit chance?

I've run both - intensify/embolden is a little easier but the ability to ruin/greater reapers to delete them at a bit of range is very nice. Depends on who I'm running with.

First, I just checked and its 93% chance not 92 as I have it. So, let's see how i got there:

How I ran it last life was this:

heavy armor  --> Mental toughness  (1% crit chance in exchange for PRR)
ruin --> epic spell power elec  (5% crit damage... any chance this also affects crit chance?)
greater ruin --> epic mental toughness (1% crit change)

IF elec is giving 5% chance, that would be 7%.

Side note: Ran a ton of r10s last night, and I did end up appreciating the ruin/gruin for reapers quite a bit. So, I don't know if I'll change back. Now I want to break down my crit chance and see whats what..

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #14 - Aug 2nd, 2022 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
I was curious and spent time breaking these down and testing things:

Current Chance: 93%

25% Howl
Clouded dreams 5%
magic training: 5%
PL stance energy crits: 9%
Wave/lore item: 21%
8% SH Enh tree
Frozen Wanderer 2-piece: 5%
Hruits: 6%
Ice attunement 2%
6% univ. elders set
wave: 1%   (not sure why this is. I tested to confirm.)
Total: 93%

Now I want to breakdown my crit damage multiplier. I currently have up to 190 on cold:

15: Epic Cold Spell Power
5: Epic Force SP
5: Epic Pos SP
5: Epic Elec SP
25: Water Scion
50: Howl
20: Wellspring
15% elder set
35% LGS
15% Filigree (dragon soul set 10%, Coal Magic set 4%, Coal Mag fili 1%)
Total: 190

Interestingly, it seems the 5% dmg from Wave + Elemental Form is NOT working. I tried a bunch of setups to make it work incl relogging, changing forms, etc. I'm going to ask around to see if it's just me
« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2022 at 12:57pm by Head-Meat »  

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #15 - Aug 2nd, 2022 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Thanks for laying out the crit chance. I'm playing it right now and it fucking slaps but I had no idea if I was on the right track with gear. I'm missing an epic life and Elder's Cap. I had the Elder's Focus with the Gem but now Hruits screwed that up so I'm going swimming.

I have no chance of getting this thing because I have no friends and don't raid but Pomura's Memento can be crunched or whatever into an augment for +5 insightful spell lore. Or you could just wear it cause it's +22 ice lore but idk what other ring you have on. I never realized that all the insightful spell lore items except for that one mean you have to fuck around with an orb. And if you're going to do that the Crystal Cove orb has +27 ice lore.

So what I was really thinking is I know it's a pain in the ass swapping actual armor, but Night Horrors on the Reveler's Regalia is +25% festive crit dmg. It's 90 seconds so long enough to get back into armor.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #16 - Aug 2nd, 2022 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Aug 2nd, 2022 at 4:32pm:
Pomura's Memento can be crunched or whatever into an augment for +5 insightful spell lore. Or you could just wear it cause it's +22 ice lore but idk what other ring you have on. 

Oooohh Good call. I'll see if I can get that. I MIGHT have enough runes for that! I didn't know about the augment thing.

My other ring is Shattered Onyx.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint