Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Return of the Mimi Cunt (Read 4291 times)
iGouger
Ex Member

Return of the Mimi Cunt
Aug 4th, 2022 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/533484-DDO-Store-Sales-August-4th-1
1th

I can't be the only one who's totally NOT excited at all, right? I don't think I've ever needed any of the mimic items.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Mimic_Hunt

Unless they've updated the rewards - which I doubt - then there's nothing here I'd need. Mimic Hunt has historically been more of a chore and annoyance than anything else. I'll probably spray myself with that "Mimic Repellant" or whatever the game calls it

Why are DDO events always so disappointing?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Return of the Mimi Cunt
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2022 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Maybe this year I'll finally get enough tokens or whatever to get a item.

Fuck the mimic hunt. Another fine example of SSG's complete inability to design things.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2022 at 4:25am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 4th, 2022 at 8:01pm:
Maybe this year I'll finally get enough tokens or whatever to get a item.

Fuck the mimic hunt. Another fine example of SSG's complete inability to design things.

I have to admit, I'm surprised you're not one of those "OMG I build around the shitty mimic gear" gimps.

Good job I guess.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #3 - Aug 5th, 2022 at 8:06am
Print Post  
I’d like a necklace. Nice swap item for social skills. (Insert joke about needing help with social skills)

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 5th, 2022 at 10:10am
Print Post  
I've got a L20 necklace for the social swap item.

The level 4 belt and cloak are allright for low level items.

Other than that, not much to be had. Collectible crates I guess.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 5th, 2022 at 10:49am
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Aug 5th, 2022 at 10:10am:
Collectible crates I guess.

Pretty much the only thing I do with the tokens.  If I even bother turning them in.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 5th, 2022 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 5th, 2022 at 8:06am:
I’d like a necklace. Nice swap item for social skills. (Insert joke about needing help with social skills)

Oh yeah, my favorite part about the necklaces is that the level 20 and level 16 versions are identical. Because reasons.

The bonus to social skills sounds nice on its face, but then when I actually broke it down, I realized it's wholly unnecessary. What quests even require bluff/diplo/intimidate? Partycrashers, but nobody runs that anymore. Crucible, but all you need is diplo; I typically slap on GH + Katra's Razor Wit and that's sufficient. I'm struggling to think of any other instances where I'd need those bonuses.

Another factor is that Cannith Crafting is still superior. At ML 10, you can craft +12, +6 insightful for +18. By comparison, ML 12 Mimic Necklace is +17. ML 16 Mimic Necklace is +20.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Shroud Slacker

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #7 - Aug 5th, 2022 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
Not wasting my tokens until they put out the level 32 versions of the items.

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Aug 5th, 2022 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Aug 5th, 2022 at 12:32pm:
Not wasting my tokens until they put out the level 32 versions of the items.

I've actually never even bothered to look at the gear. Every year the event comes up, I get maybe 5 or 6 tokens, and a few days later the event ends. I forget how many years they've been doing it but I've never had enough for an item. I like fighting mimics on occasion though, so the event is actually a lot of fine despite the lack of rewards.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #9 - Aug 5th, 2022 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 5th, 2022 at 3:10pm:
I've actually never even bothered to look at the gear.

Shut up.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #10 - Aug 7th, 2022 at 7:45am
Print Post  
Quote:
Another factor is that Cannith Crafting is still superior. At ML 10, you can craft +12, +6 insightful for +18. By comparison, ML 12 Mimic Necklace is +17. ML 16 Mimic Necklace is +20.

Idiot.  The necklace stacks with the main (competency) bonus from cannith crafting.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Aug 8th, 2022 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
And why the fuck would I ever need that high a bonus to Charisma skills? To get marginally more platinum from haggles? Oh yes, how wonderful - extra plat, because that's what everyone wants.

Like I mentioned earlier, I can barely think of any quests which require charisma skills. And, as I already pointed out, a Cannith crafted item can do the job just fine in those instances.

Since you're such a genius, please, enlighten me as to why this necklace is an amazing gamebreaker that everyone needs, in addition to making a Cannith crafted item.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #12 - Aug 8th, 2022 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:
And why the fuck would I ever need that high a bonus to Charisma skills? To get marginally more platinum from haggles? Oh yes, how wonderful - extra plat, because that's what everyone wants.

Like I mentioned earlier, I can barely think of any quests which require charisma skills. And, as I already pointed out, a Cannith crafted item can do the job just fine in those instances.

Since you're such a genius, please, enlighten me as to why this necklace is an amazing gamebreaker that everyone needs, in addition to making a Cannith crafted item.

You're dumb.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Aug 8th, 2022 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Isn't Intimidate a cha skill? Its got Exceptional, Insightful, Quality, and a 10% buff; plus would stack with the base equipment bonus(or a diamond). I don't play intimi tanks so I don't know care how it works. but my guess is that's the logic for why cha skills are useful.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #14 - Aug 8th, 2022 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 8th, 2022 at 1:24pm:
I don't know

Knowledge being power, this should be obvious.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #15 - Aug 9th, 2022 at 8:22am
Print Post  
Quote:

Make Believe?

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Aug 9th, 2022 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Okay, then I'll quote myself again: a Cannith Crafted item can do the job just fine in that instance. Even if you don't want to use a social skill in Make Believe, fighting the redcaps really doesn't take long at all.

It's funny how some people like to act as if they're all high and mighty intellectuals, when they can't be assed to back up their viewpoint.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Aug 9th, 2022 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Okay, then I'll quote myself again: a Cannith Crafted item can do the job just fine in that instance. Even if you don't want to use a social skill in Make Believe, fighting the redcaps really doesn't take long at all.

Yeah no one's disputing that. I at least agree that all the mimic hunt gear is crap, especially for the scale of the grind.

Quote:
It's funny how some people like to act as if they're all high and mighty intellectuals, when they can't be assed to back up their viewpoint.

Fucking this. I'd take it a step further and say its funny how people act as if they're high and mighty intellectuals for knowing a ton of shit about a video game. I got news: that doesn't make a person smart, it just highlights how badly misplaced their priorities are.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #18 - Aug 9th, 2022 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Just in case it matters, I still want the necklace as a swap item.

That is all.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Aug 9th, 2022 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 9th, 2022 at 2:29pm:
Just in case it matters, I still want the necklace as a swap item.

That is all.

So go get it, cow-boy. No one here will has the ability to stop you.

I spend most of my play-time hunting down items everyone says are hot garbage. I don't use most of them, its just how I have fun.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #20 - Aug 9th, 2022 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 9th, 2022 at 2:44pm:
So go get it, cow-boy. No one here will has the ability to stop you.

I spend most of my play-time hunting down items everyone says are hot garbage. I don't use most of them, its just how I have fun.

Shut up, weirdo.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #21 - Aug 9th, 2022 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:

You're just beneath us, it's hard for you to understand.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #22 - Aug 9th, 2022 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Elves in the tower, needing high bluff/diplomacy - that disables elves fighting for 3 (or 4?) encounters.  On Heroic, with an cannith item and max skill and reasonable charisma +4 stat items, tomes of stat and skill and I still fail that sequence.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #23 - Aug 9th, 2022 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Aug 9th, 2022 at 2:51pm:
You're just beneath us, it's hard for you to understand.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Aug 9th, 2022 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Aug 9th, 2022 at 6:10pm:
Elves in the tower, needing high bluff/diplomacy - that disables elves fighting for 3 (or 4?) encounters.  On Heroic, with an cannith item and max skill and reasonable charisma +4 stat items, tomes of stat and skill and I still fail that sequence.

Does anyone even run that quest? I've been back for about 2 months now, and have probably only seen 1 LFM for it. It's one of the least popular quests I can think of.

Anyway, if one or two niche quests out of hundreds is all you can offer, then yes - I stand by my initial sentiment that there's nothing exciting about this event.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint