Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Is there a good way to do heroic caster Alchemist? (Read 2467 times)
Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Is there a good way to do heroic caster Alchemist?
Aug 7th, 2022 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Leveling an alchemist, just for a change and it's as annoying as I remember. As a caster I can either go high damage with the inflict apothecary stuff but no quicken and painfully slow, otherwise I can go anything else for gimped damage.

Only level 9 and I know it will get a bit better with multivial but is there a better way?

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Re: Is there a good way to do heroic caster Alchemist?
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2022 at 8:33am
Print Post  
1-5 use a crossbow with rapid reload feat.  Inquisitive and Vile Chemist enhancements for doing damage.

6 swap feat (lockania or dragon shards) to empower/maximise which ever you didn't take
6 swap enhancements to doing negative damage, you have Cure Light, Cure Serious AOE's with metamagics for like 4/6 spellpoints.  And a single target <elemnt> and an aoe 3rd level <element> spell.  Non-Undead are easy meat with cheap spells.  Maximise your spell crit and spell power.

12 Respend enhancements into bomber, now you have Tier 5.  Immunity stripping, almost free AOE, +caster levels +conjuration DC.  Add in Multivial.

It's pretty simple really.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2022 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Thanks higgi, I guess I was just hoping for something that isn't there.

The lack of max caster levels unless you go T5 apothecary means you have to pick between that or immunity stripping, I think the caster levels and run speed are probably more important. That means apart from multivial I'll be using the inflict SLA's for the big damage, with empower heal increasing their damage as well as the usual max and empower, it's pretty nice but it's just soooooo slow to cast.

Alchemist on paper looks like it should be fun, I'm not sure how they fucked it up, it wouldn't take a lot to fix the annoyances but it'll never happen. I just need to remember to never do an alchemist life again.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #3 - Aug 10th, 2022 at 6:58am
Print Post  
The cast time doesn't bother me.  Before 12 I can't fit quicken in anyway. 
Max, Empower, Healing, SF Conjuration, Completionist. GSF Conjuration, Heighten all feel more impactful

After 12 I don't use neg energy damage in my rotation, with immunityy stripping I do fire only on everything

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2022 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
One last question, quicken on spellvial has a similar effect to meteor swarm in that I only get three vials with quicken on. Unlike meteor I can't get around it, whether I use quicken toggled on on the spell or for everything, still only 3 vials not 4. Is there a way to get it to work properly with quicken?

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #5 - Aug 10th, 2022 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Dunno about the quicken/4 vials.  It does piss me off.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 17th, 2022 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Aug 10th, 2022 at 5:14pm:
Dunno about the quicken/4 vials.  It does piss me off. 

You need to do the "turn quicken feat on, then turn quicken off for every spell that you don't want quickened individually

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint