Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) FVS/Aasimar nerfs U56 during HC6 hahahaha (Read 11427 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: FVS/Aasimar nerfs U56 during HC6 hahahaha
Reply #25 - Aug 15th, 2022 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Aug 15th, 2022 at 8:48am:
Heaven forbid you should be able to help your party members out when you're in EDF.

Or, you know, they could just nerf the range and leave the self-heal capability, but noooooo. Nuke it from orbit. Fucking SSG.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #26 - Aug 15th, 2022 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 15th, 2022 at 12:24pm:
Or, you know, they could just nerf the range and leave the self-heal capability, but noooooo. Nuke it from orbit. Fucking SSG.

You suck and should light yourself on fire.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Aug 15th, 2022 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
OK, so i can understand why they standardized divine spell damage...

Quote:
Angel of Vengeance core abilities no longer provide bonuses to caster level and max caster level

But what was the point of this? I agree +2 max CL per core was crazy strong but they could have just followed the sorc enhancement trees instead. Cores 1-4 give +1 CL, cores 5-6 give +1 CL and +1 max CL.

Quote:
The spells Bless, Prayer, and Bane all now have a cooldown of 10 seconds.

I dont get it. Did anyone seriously think that casting them faster than 1 per 10 seconds was somehow game breaking?

And the Aasimar healing hands nerf because of EDF was retarded, couldnt they just have made it respect EDF's range limitation instead? Or let me guess, they couldnt figure out how to do that and this was their next best idea?

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Aug 15th, 2022 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Aug 15th, 2022 at 1:41pm:
And the Aasimar healing hands nerf because of EDF was retarded, couldnt they just have made it respect EDF's range limitation instead? Or let me guess, they couldnt figure out how to do that and this was their next best idea?

yeah, the usual hamfisted "This is a problem, we must do something. This is something. We must do this."   type of SSG solution to something that didn't bother anybody at all and didn't give birth to any "Fuck this I'm quitting!" mobo threads.

Because we wouldn't want them to waste their time doing things that would make the game experience better for the players. Better they "fix" things that nobody gave a single solitary fuck about.

We've all seen the countless threads in the mobos that were "Melee's in EDF  too strong in high skull, nerf healing hands immediately!"
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2022 at 2:09pm by somenewnoob »  

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #29 - Aug 15th, 2022 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Aug 15th, 2022 at 2:06pm:
We've all seen the countless threads in the mobos that were "Melee's in EDF  too strong in high skull, nerf healing hands immediately!"

I don't think I've seen a single "melees are too strong" thread in the past year.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Aug 15th, 2022 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 15th, 2022 at 2:15pm:
I don't think I've seen a single "melees are too strong" thread in the past year.

Exactly.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

crsm3423
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Aug 16th, 2022 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
I dont get it. Did anyone seriously think that casting them faster than 1 per 10 seconds was somehow game breaking?

This is because of a new ability in the new Dark Apostate tree.

Pray for Mercy: Your Prayer-like spells (Bless, Bane, Prayer) now resonate with Evil energies, dealing 1d6 Evil damage per Caster Level to all enemies. This damage is doubled against enemies that are Cursed.

With that ability, you could spam bless and prayer and get AoE DPS on GCD.  A 10 second cooldown on an AoE buff isn't exactly a hardship.

IP Logged

crsm3423
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Aug 16th, 2022 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Aug 14th, 2022 at 9:11am:
I find it strange that alchs are so unpopular now though. Maybe its because sorcs just get way more SP or that alchs are weaker at lower levels or something like that. There has to be a reason for it. I havent played alch myself so i wouldnt know personally.

You underestimate the number of casuals that play DDO.  Boomers that remember playing DnD back in the 80s don't know what an Alchemist is and don't care.  They wanna be a stealth rogue, damnit.  Or a sword and board paladin.  Or whatever other iconic but underperforming class you can think of that harkens back to a day when there were only 4 character classes.

Also, alchemists start off VERY slowly.  You get dick all for spell slots as you level up, their low level AoEs are complete crap, and the single target vials have longish cooldowns.  They ramp up hard at 10-12, which is when most casters hit their stride and they only get stronger from there.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #33 - Aug 17th, 2022 at 6:03am
Print Post  
crsm3423 wrote on Aug 16th, 2022 at 10:18pm:
This is because of a new ability in the new Dark Apostate tree.

Pray for Mercy: Your Prayer-like spells (Bless, Bane, Prayer) now resonate with Evil energies, dealing 1d6 Evil damage per Caster Level to all enemies. This damage is doubled against enemies that are Cursed.

With that ability, you could spam bless and prayer and get AoE DPS on GCD.  A 10 second cooldown on an AoE buff isn't exactly a hardship.

To be fair if you want to piss away your mana spamming on average 1k damage every second or so. Go ahead. I don't even think the effect is connected to crit, as I never saw it crit in my testing.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Aug 19th, 2022 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 14th, 2022 at 1:27pm:
Based on discussions on the motherboards, SSG's logic seems to be "nerf everything from orbit until soloing is impossible, and then people will group using the new and improved LFM panel!" while tacitly ignoring all the shit that makes grouping borderline impossible. So they're going to kill they game by trying to fix the wrong things.

Haven't played for years, from time to time I go see what's going on in DDO on videos and in the forums, what I find is that the state of the game is about the same as it was just before they released reaper, except for some raids. People easly clearing rooms on R10 solo, usually taking no damage, and you can't even feel yourself as having an achievement because it seems almost anybody with a grinded character can do it on certain builds. So the changes only hit newbies really. I see this and any desire I could have to log in disapears.

As for aasimar, they've been a too dominating race since theyr release because of the lays and how it interacts with reaper.

I don't see what's the problem with casters dominating. It's not like melees are that bad to play, and casters really sucked for r10 as soon as the power creep made killing trash with dps almost as efficient as instakill, that is, a few months after ravenloft. Now that spell dps is worth on r10 it seems they're up again.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Aug 19th, 2022 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
crsm3423 wrote on Aug 16th, 2022 at 10:27pm:
You underestimate the number of casuals that play DDO.  Boomers that remember playing DnD back in the 80s don't know what an Alchemist is and don't care.  They wanna be a stealth rogue, damnit.  Or a sword and board paladin.  Or whatever other iconic but underperforming class you can think of that harkens back to a day when there were only 4 character classes.

Yes, this is where the fun comes from. If everyone is an AoE CC with AoE dps and heals, than it happens what eighnuss posted. The fun is in shining in a spcific role and having the party coordenated, because that requires more intelligence. They should desing the game so that these roles are not underpeforming, while not being a complete must have for most of the content. The majority of people who played pre-motu agrees that in those times the game was better, and that happened, despite the fact that casters overall had way more power than melee (personally I had more fun playing both my casters and melees pre-motu than after, when dps ruled until the release of reaper).

The first months after the release of reaper were fun too, the problem was that they released rpls soon after, so everyone was just getting rpls instead of playing at cap. From motu to shadowfell was acceptable. After that it came the problem with epic pls that was the turning point that accelerated the game too much in the direction of the wheels.
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2022 at 5:30pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #36 - Aug 19th, 2022 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 19th, 2022 at 5:04pm:
Haven't played for years, from time to time I go see what's going on in DDO on videos and in the forums, what I find is that the state of the game is about the same as it was just before they released reaper, except for some raids. People easly clearing rooms on R10 solo, usually taking no damage, and you can't even feel yourself as having an achievement because it seems almost anybody with a grinded character can do it on certain builds. So the changes only hit newbies really. I see this and any desire I could have to log in disapears.

I've never personally understood the link between video games and a sense of achievement, period. But then I'm a long-time game cheat and only play for fun.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 19th, 2022 at 5:04pm:
As for aasimar, they've been a too dominating race since theyr release because of the lays and how it interacts with reaper.

I never saw them as particularly dominating, in fact I tend to see a lot more Tieflings. In general there's just some real diversity going on DDO. Nerfing the regenerating LoH is the part that really stings. I could get around loosing 2 or 3 charges but having it turn into a "per rest" mechanic negates everything. It sucks.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #37 - Aug 20th, 2022 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 19th, 2022 at 5:25pm:
Yes, this is where the fun comes from. If everyone is an AoE CC with AoE dps and heals, than it happens what eighnuss posted. The fun is in shining in a spcific role and having the party coordenated, because that requires more intelligence. They should desing the game so that these roles are not underpeforming, while not being a complete must have for most of the content. The majority of people who played pre-motu agrees that in those times the game was better, and that happened, despite the fact that casters overall had way more power than melee (personally I had more fun playing both my casters and melees pre-motu than after, when dps ruled until the release of reaper).

The first months after the release of reaper were fun too, the problem was that they released rpls soon after, so everyone was just getting rpls instead of playing at cap. From motu to shadowfell was acceptable. After that it came the problem with epic pls that was the turning point that accelerated the game too much in the direction of the wheels.

I'd rather staple my nuts to my chair than be forced to play within a holy trinity setup in any game ever again.

Strictly defined roles is just a pain in the ass; especially with DDO's lovely population problems.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #38 - Aug 20th, 2022 at 3:18am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Aug 20th, 2022 at 12:47am:
I'd rather staple my nuts to my chair than be forced to play within a holy trinity setup in any game ever again.

Oh man. I forget sometimes how shitty the holy trinity was. Even shittier when you aren't playing one of those three.

IP Logged

contessor
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Aug 20th, 2022 at 11:11am
Print Post  
OK, so i can understand why they standardized divine spell damage...

But what was the point of this? I agree +2 max CL per core was crazy strong but they could have just followed the sorc enhancement trees instead. Cores 1-4 give +1 CL, cores 5-6 give +1 CL and +1 max CL.

It’s the debuff to monsters portion. You could debuff mobs and bosses pretty damn fast by cycling through bane and prayer. And it’s not like most effect in higher reapers that expire quickly. But yeah even so it’s not a game breaking thing.

IP Logged

Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Reply #40 - Aug 21st, 2022 at 4:38am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 19th, 2022 at 8:59pm:
I've never personally understood the link between video games and a sense of achievement, period.

So you decided to work in the video game industry, thus never feeling a sense of achievement?

I think I'm starting to get it now.

Just because someone asks a question, doesn't mean they need an answer.

IP Logged

i2049
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Aug 25th, 2022 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Meh, it is a shame to see as FvS in particular should be a divine nuking class but maybe that will stop so many bad players thinking they're hot shit by getting carried to the hardcore rewards by holy smite and bunch of free hp. Ah wait, they'll just go back to hiding behind the skirt of whichever player in the group actually has the balls to use their W button and knows how to play the game.

How about SSG put some actual challenges into Hardcore. Melee only season. Level cap 20 season (stop all the plebs gearing up and farming r4 quests at cap thinking getting rewards that way is some how an achievement). Permanent 30% vulnerability season.

To be fair that would be a terrible business decision, most of the playerbase wouldn't get far and many fewer points would be spent. It would make the rewards mean something though.
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2022 at 4:36pm by i2049 »  

IP Logged

Nub
Korthos Resident

Reply #42 - Aug 25th, 2022 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
In case you missed it, more "unpopular changes" coming after HC as well.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Sep 23rd, 2022 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Aug 20th, 2022 at 12:47am:

Strictly defined roles is just a pain in the ass; especially with DDO's lovely population problems.

Trinity was not required beofre MotU. With a DPS focused barb you could tank even elite ToD. The only really required role was a healer, but for that endgame players would have at least one alt that does that, as you could easly create an effective 1st life healbot that could do anything. Only higher difficulties for LoB you needed a tank.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #44 - Sep 23rd, 2022 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Sep 23rd, 2022 at 3:03pm:
Trinity was not required beofre MotU. With a DPS focused barb you could tank even elite ToD. The only really required role was a healer, but for that endgame players would have at least one alt that does that, as you could easly create an effective 1st life healbot that could do anything. Only higher difficulties for LoB you needed a tank.

This is correct.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint