Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic This will probably get deleted from the Mobos (Read 7205 times)
liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

This will probably get deleted from the Mobos
Sep 4th, 2022 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
So I'm going to post it here (not my post - it's dogsoldier's) in case it's actually useful:

Quote:
If you create a new character, select say regular bard + stormsinger, then swap over to Tiefling Scoundrel, your Iconic will remember that you selected stormsinger in the regular bard setup, and will be of the Stormsinger variety, so you can test it out at 15. If you just select Iconic, Tiefling Scoundrel, it does not give you an option for selecting stormsinger. The same thing works for Bladeforged Sacred Fist. I did not test Sun Elf Dark Apostate because I ran out of character slots.

So this could save some people the hassle of a lesser heart of wood, and could open up options for people that already have 3x Paladin, Cleric, and Bard lives, but not their respective Iconics.

I am not certain that the Bladeforged Sacred Fist would be that good if you go Wraps/TWF, since it starts -2 DEX, but you could probably make it work with tomes, or try using a Greatsword instead or something.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2022 at 7:21pm by liljiggy »  

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: This will probably get deleted from the Mobos
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2022 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
"I found something that benefits players so i will post it on the mobos where the devs will quickly see and patch it as the #1 priority"

I just don't understand this mindset.

IP Logged

liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2022 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Sep 4th, 2022 at 7:33pm:
I just don't understand this mindset.

From his previous post, my guess is his mindset is trying to force the devs into rolling back the last update.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2022 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
liljiggy wrote on Sep 4th, 2022 at 7:52pm:
From his previous post, my guess is his mindset is trying to force the devs into rolling back the last update.

Which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2022 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Another post from the OP of that thread:

Quote:
I deleted my stormsinger, and tried again to make sure, it worked fine for me.  I selected regular bard, then selected stormsinger to the right of it, then clicked on Iconics, then Tiefling Scoundrel, and it let me setup, I took Shocking Grasp as the first spell.

Edit: And of course, as with all Iconics, always refuse the training and go to a regular trainer for levels 2+

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

Magneto
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Sep 6th, 2022 at 12:48am
Print Post  
Tr in iconic not work for me..

In char custom window i cant take iconic after the archetype. Only basic races are to take.
Can you give me advice pls?

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #6 - Sep 6th, 2022 at 7:53am
Print Post  
What iconic do you want to take? It needs to have the same class as the archetype.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Magneto
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 6th, 2022 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Planed a bladeforge pala, but i have ni option for that. Tested on other servers.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #8 - Sep 6th, 2022 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Then you do something wrong.
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1661961751/46#46

After you chose the archetype you go back to point I and chose bladeforge. Not go forth to IV or whatever point it is.

Mind you this can be bugged later on.
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2022 at 11:09am by Snu Snu »  

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Magneto
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 6th, 2022 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Snu Snu for President

Thx alot to fix my problem.
the step back after choosing sacred fist was  the solution.

cheers

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #10 - Sep 6th, 2022 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Magneto wrote on Sep 6th, 2022 at 11:36am:
Snu Snu for President

Thx alot to fix my problem.
the step back after choosing sacred fist was  the solution.

cheers

https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/534267-SWF-Sacred-Fist-Bladeforged-...
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2022 at 1:31pm by Snu Snu »  

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #11 - Sep 7th, 2022 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
"We have removed the ability to create a character that is both an Iconic and an Archetype through an unintended method during initial character generation."

And it's gone.

IP Logged

liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Sep 7th, 2022 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Sep 7th, 2022 at 6:03pm:
"We have removed the ability to create a character that is both an Iconic and an Archetype through an unintended method during initial character generation."

And it's gone.

But the bank is still shit.  Typical Turbine.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Sep 7th, 2022 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
For fucks sake, they couldn't be fuck bothered to be able to move things around your bank?

That's one of those "Maybe in October" fixes.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Sep 7th, 2022 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
Nope, of course not. Obviously, nerfing archetypes/iconics was a much more pressing issue which urgently needed to be fixed.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #15 - Sep 7th, 2022 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Nope, of course not. Obviously, nerfing archetypes/iconics was a much more pressing issue which urgently needed to be fixed.

My issue with this is the fact that none of the archetypes synergize perfectly with the iconics.

At the same time, why on earth would you prevent iconics from being able to pick an archetype?

I originally thought and proposed it was a tech issue, but it's clearly not. Looks like more shitty business practice decisions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 12:12am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Sep 7th, 2022 at 11:59pm:
I originally thought and proposed it was a tech issue, but it's clearly not. Looks like more shitty business practice decisions.

There is ultimately no such thing as "tech issues". The game works the way its programmed to work. Some things may take far more effort than others to impliment; but if SSG wanted to convert DDO into Tabula Rasa on the next update, well, with enough coding it is physically possible. The 23 year old game engine may not be capable of graphically matching today's bleeding-edge AAA games, but that's about the only limitation.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 12:48am
Print Post  
SSG really really wants more people to buy +1 hearts huh?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 12:48am:
SSG really really wants more people to buy +1 hearts huh?

Or you could just not play sacred fist on a bladeforged iconic? Is it really THAT good?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Magneto
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
my reason to play a bladeforged is, i have over 130k comms and less tokens Smiley

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Magneto wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 2:19pm:
my reason to play a bladeforged is, i have over 130k comms and less tokens Smiley

So play one of the 8 other iconics that's not natively paladin? That's literally the only restriction.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 5:00pm:
So play one of the 8 other iconics that's not natively paladin? That's literally the only restriction.

Razorclaw Shifter (barb) and Tiefling Scourge (bard) would not work because of alignment restrictions.

Deep Gnome and Shadar Kai have -2 Charisma, so those are no-gos. Realistically, you are looking at only 4 iconics that could work with SF.

PDK would just... i don't know why you would do this. Save the PDK lives for KOTC or Warchanter instead, so you can actually make good use of the Cha to hit/damage instead of wasting it like a jackoff

Aasimar Scource has decent synergy if TWF. Otherwise, the 1 ranger level would be very awkward.

Sun Elf Sacred Fist could actually work out, since it forces you into 1 level of cleric for Divine Might anyway. -2 Con is unfortunate, but it's not the worst possible iconic for SF out there. The REAL unfortunate thing is you can't pick Silvanus for a funny cha-based Maul build.

Tabaxi Trailblazer could perhaps be the best one, particularly if you wanna do Quarterstaff. I mean shit, you get free Spring Attack (AKA abundant step), Great Cleave, a shitload of movespeed, dodge, and sneak attack. Unironically it's a better tree than Sacred Fist. And it's not even close. Tabaxi Trailblazer SF could do something like 14 Pal/5 Monk/1 Cleric, 4 AP in Warpriest for trance, 18 or so in Traiblazer, split the rest between Sacred Defender and Henshin Mystic.
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2022 at 7:29pm by »  

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Sep 7th, 2022 at 11:59pm:
My issue with this is the fact that none of the archetypes synergize perfectly with the iconics.

At the same time, why on earth would you prevent iconics from being able to pick an archetype?

Yeah my thoughts exactly. I always thought "more build options are a good thing," but I guess that's the sort of logic that makes too much sense for the likes of SSG

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #23 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Razorclaw Shifter (barb) and Tiefling Scourge (bard) would not work because of alignment restrictions.

Deep Gnome and Shadar Kai have -2 Charisma, so those are no-gos. Realistically, you are looking at only 4 iconics that could work with SF.

PDK would just... i don't know why you would do this. Save the PDK lives for KOTC or Warchanter instead, so you can actually make good use of the Cha to hit/damage instead of wasting it like a jackoff

Aasimar Scource has decent synergy if TWF. Otherwise, the 1 ranger level would be very awkward.

Sun Elf Sacred Fist could actually work out, since it forces you into 1 level of cleric for Divine Might anyway. -2 Con is unfortunate, but it's not the worst possible iconic for SF out there. The REAL unfortunate thing is you can't pick Silvanus for a funny cha-based Maul build.

Tabaxi Trailblazer could perhaps be the best one, particularly if you wanna do Quarterstaff. I mean shit, you get free Spring Attack (AKA abundant step), Great Cleave, a shitload of movespeed, dodge, and sneak attack. Unironically it's a better tree than Sacred Fist. And it's not even close. Tabaxi Trailblazer SF could do something like 14 Pal/5 Monk/1 Cleric, 4 AP in Warpriest for trance, 18 or so in Traiblazer, split the rest between Sacred Defender and Henshin Mystic.

A lot of people probably already have all the iconic lives and aren't really concerned with double-dipping. -2 cha isn't wonderful but its really not that big a deal with tomes/pls/etc.

What's interesting is all of the advice everyone is giving seems to be about how to play the wraps paladin as anything but a wraps paladin, which is pretty funny. Then again I'm currently playing it as a wraps paladin and it does suck, sooo...

I guess my big point is not everything has to be ultra-optimized. If you're just looking to bang out the PLs and really don't want to play 1-20, any old iconic without alignment restrictions will do.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Well, I would make the distinction between "passable, yet not ultra-optimized" and "plain ol suck." Handwraps right now: sorry, but they're "plain ol suck." Hence why we're all trying to come up with some ways to salvage the SF archetype.

I might've said it here before, or it might've been to one of my in-game buddies, but my gut feeling is: if I want to play a wraps Pally, then why wouldn't I just run something like 18 Pal KOTC/2 Monk? I really, really, REALLY cannot overstate just how fucking AWFUL the Sacred Fist tree is.

...Either way, why would I even want to run a handwrap pally to begin with?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint