Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Crystal Cove is back this week (Read 9640 times)
Notanarc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Crystal Cove is back this week
Sep 12th, 2022 at 6:40am
Print Post  
Right in the middle of Hardcore season.  Fucking morons at SSG.

IP Logged

andros414
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Crystal Cove is back this week
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2022 at 10:29am
Print Post  
I think someone also said that Night Revels will be active while hardcore is running, too.

Makes me curious how bad the CC changes they hinted at are going to be.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2022 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Where are you getting this information? Forums have nothing about it, from what I can see. I'd like to see what SSG "officially" says about CC.

I'm somewhat curious about the new items. What, if anything, was changed? Wiki has nothing on it.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2022 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Quote:
Where are you getting this information? Forums have nothing about it, from what I can see. I'd like to see what SSG "officially" says about CC.

I'm somewhat curious about the new items. What, if anything, was changed? Wiki has nothing on it.

Cordo mentioned it as afterthought in this post:

https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/534326-Please-expand-Night-Revels-f...

Maybe it was announced on Twitter or, worse yet, in discord?
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2022 at 11:54am by Standing Stone Games »  

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #4 - Sep 12th, 2022 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Ugh this event. It wasn't good the first year. Now it's boring and not good.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Sep 12th, 2022 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
has anyone been in game to see if its actually up?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 12th, 2022 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:

It was on their Facebook page.

IP Logged

liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 12th, 2022 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
They did the exact same thing on what?  The second or third HC?

The servers are dead except newbs who don't care about HC and really want the gear but don't know how to run the quest.  They sit there waiting for a group that never materializes and both miss out and become disenchanted with the game.

Apparently zero lessons learned.  Typical Turbine.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #8 - Sep 12th, 2022 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2022 at 5:05pm by Snu Snu »  

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #9 - Sep 12th, 2022 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Sep 12th, 2022 at 4:44pm:

Here's the Facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/DDOUnlimited/photos/a.107842925991/10160880545620992

Still no formal announcement on the official DDO Forums.   Roll Eyes

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Sep 12th, 2022 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
It doesn't seem to actually be open. Or they've moved the teleport NPC.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #11 - Sep 12th, 2022 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 12th, 2022 at 5:53pm:

noamineo wrote on Sep 12th, 2022 at 12:50pm:
has anyone been in game to see if its actually up?

*has anyone been to wednesday to see if its actually up?
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2022 at 6:07pm by eighnuss »  

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

The Real Grand
Korthos Resident

Mmmm! So good!

Reply #12 - Sep 12th, 2022 at 6:19pm
Print Post  

I didn't know you lived in the magical land of "it's Wednesday already."

How's life in the future?  Do you ever learn to read before posting?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Sep 12th, 2022 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
The Real Grand wrote on Sep 12th, 2022 at 6:19pm:
I didn't know you lived in the magical land of "it's Wednesday already."

How's life in the future?  Do you ever learn to read before posting?

Its fucking awesome here in the future. We have a vaccine for Polio and you can order pizza with your phone.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Sep 12th, 2022 at 6:27pm
Print Post  

Gods, you're stupid.  How do you survive day to day?

IP Logged

liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Sep 12th, 2022 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 12th, 2022 at 6:26pm:
Its fucking awesome here in the future. We have a vaccine for Polio and you can order pizza with your phone.

I'll give him credit.  That's a decent comeback.

Notanarc wrote on Sep 12th, 2022 at 6:27pm:
Gods, you're stupid.  How do you survive day to day?

But this is a more accurate assessment of the situation.   Undecided

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 6:15am
Print Post  
They will probably only put it up for a week or two to make it harder for people to farm for the items they want.

I don't know why SSG seems to hate running events like other MMOs do. Other MMOs have regular events that run for a month or longer and they give away lots of good stuff like cash shop items, extra raid runs, extra loot chances, things like that. Player numbers spike during these events and players spend a lot more money during the events.

SSG events are dumb shit like ice skating that virtually nobody cares about, and most of them are only left up for a week or two to make it harder for casual players to farm for event ingredients.

DDO made news at one point by doing the marketplace invasion event, it was really impressive back then and everyone was saying "wow, it would be cool if other MMOs did something similar". Now they dont even fucking try.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 11:50am
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Sep 13th, 2022 at 6:15am:
They will probably only put it up for a week or two to make it harder for people to farm for the items they want.

I don't know why SSG seems to hate running events like other MMOs do. Other MMOs have regular events that run for a month or longer and they give away lots of good stuff like cash shop items, extra raid runs, extra loot chances, things like that. Player numbers spike during these events and players spend a lot more money during the events.

SSG events are dumb shit like ice skating that virtually nobody cares about, and most of them are only left up for a week or two to make it harder for casual players to farm for event ingredients.

DDO made news at one point by doing the marketplace invasion event, it was really impressive back then and everyone was saying "wow, it would be cool if other MMOs did something similar". Now they dont even fucking try.

The length of Crystal Cove is a constant disappointment. You need hours upon hours of farming to get even halfway to a decent item, but the the event runs so short(if at all) that only the most dedicated try-hards can possibly make use of it.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Whatever the case, here's to hoping the items get upgraded (again). I'm always on the lookout for good melee weapons, and some of the CC ones haven't been good in a long while. ML 4 Flotsam is actually stupidly good as an undead beater, plus it's one of the lowest level items in the entire game to have Corrosive Salt. Aside from that however, most of the weapons are not that great.

I don't have my hopes up that high but I figure: worst case scenario, we just ignore the event and continue business as usual.

ManyCookies wrote on Sep 13th, 2022 at 6:15am:
I don't know why SSG seems to hate running events like other MMOs do.

Probably the same reason they do/don't do a lot of things: laziness, asshattery, or both

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Whatever the case, here's to hoping the items get upgraded (again). I'm always on the lookout for good melee weapons, and some of the CC ones haven't been good in a long while. ML 4 Flotsam is actually stupidly good as an undead beater, plus it's one of the lowest level items in the entire game to have Corrosive Salt. Aside from that however, most of the weapons are not that great.

I don't have my hopes up that high but I figure: worst case scenario, we just ignore the event and continue business as usual.

Seems like they go out of their way to make event weapons shitty. Look at the stuff from the Halloween thing. Its like they go out of their way to make the stuff look really good but carefully code it to be juuuust a little shittier than say many named weapons of a similar ML. This gets especially clear at the higher MLs.

IP Logged

contessor
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Sep 12th, 2022 at 12:14pm:
Ugh this event. It wasn't good the first year. Now it's boring and not good.

6 star used to give great xp for first time completion. Not sure if they changed it. But I remember going 18-20 with CC alone running CR25 and 6 star.

IP Logged

contessor
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Probably the same reason they do/don't do a lot of things: laziness, asshattery, or both

I’d be happy with some unique augments.

IP Logged

contessor
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Only thing worth making is the trinkets. Everything else is utter garbage.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
I remember the ring of the buccaneer being a decent leveling item. Dex, deflection AC, water breathing and good luck.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Jerry says:
Quote:
Treasure Map Pieces no longer appear in-game, and are no longer needed in order to open the door to the Crystal Cove Collection Challenge. The Challenge is now open as long as the event is running. You still need a Treasure Compass in order to access the challenge.

Players can acquire Treasure Compasses and Doubloons when defeating special Ghostly Champions that sometimes appear in dungeons on hard difficulty or higher while event is active.

Copper, Silver, and Gold Doubloons now sometimes appear in chests throughout the game while the event is active.

Pirate's Grog no longer references Map Pieces, and offers the chance for enemies to drop Doubloons when defeated throughout the game while the event is active.

There are new and updated rewards!

He also says:

Quote:
We'll keep [the rewards] under wraps for now, but at least one of them is a Diamond of Festive Strength +2, so that will be of interest to a wide number of people.

Can't say I'm too excited about those. I'm happy for anyone who wants the Festive Str, but 22 is such an awkward level for an augment IMO. My new gear configuration is a set for level 5, 10, 15, and 20. I wear my set from 20-30 then reincarnate ASAP. Don't have any space to slot in a 22 augment. It's probably a good augment at cap at least.

But I'm still hoping some of the equipment is overhauled. Maybe there'll be something good there, idk.
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2022 at 7:27pm by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint