Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Do imbues stack? (Read 7024 times)
Notanarc
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Do imbues stack?
Nov 18th, 2022 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Do imbues stack?  I've seen a lot of builds that say they do, but I just tried it and only the active imbue added any damage.

I had law dice from inquis and poison blades from assassin.  I only got the dice damage from whichever one was active at the time.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Re: Do imbues stack?
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2022 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Notanarc wrote on Nov 18th, 2022 at 8:09pm:
Do imbues stack?  I've seen a lot of builds that say they do, but I just tried it and only the active imbue added any damage.

I had law dice from inquis and poison blades from assassin.  I only got the dice damage from whichever one was active at the time.

My understanding is that you only get one TYPE of imbue at a time. But, the DICE from various sources stack into whatever type you have active. But, there are exceptions, I think.

Look here and see if the breakdown makes sense:

https://ddowiki.com/page/Imbue

« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2022 at 8:21pm by Head-Meat »  

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Notanarc
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2022 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Thanks Meat.  If I understand this correctly, then the +1 dice from assassin poisoned blade plus the inquis +2 dice would become +3 dice?

When I tested this an hour ago, I didn't see any evidence that an extra die was added to my inquis damage when it was toggled on and no increase when poisoned blades was on.  It should have been fairly obvious if I was going from 1d8 to 3d8 in poison damage.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2022 at 10:56am
Print Post  
I wouldn't be surprised if the rockstarz fucked it up and a lot of stuff was bugged as far as not adding to imbue dice.
I had the gift of having 2 active imbues at once, inquis and EK since they were both toggled on when the patch hit, and it seemed like it was stacking on both, but I was only running r3-4 epics at the time so things melt pretty fast anyways. I'll have to do some more testing after etr and see if I notice the stacking effect as I spend my ap and get more dice.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #4 - Nov 20th, 2022 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Notanarc wrote on Nov 18th, 2022 at 8:30pm:
Thanks Meat.  If I understand this correctly, then the +1 dice from assassin poisoned blade plus the inquis +2 dice would become +3 dice?

When I tested this an hour ago, I didn't see any evidence that an extra die was added to my inquis damage when it was toggled on and no increase when poisoned blades was on.  It should have been fairly obvious if I was going from 1d8 to 3d8 in poison damage.

Supposedly your character sheet should list how many dice you have somewhere. Also, try resetting enchancements maybe.

I’m playing a caster. So, I can’t really test it.
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2022 at 3:41pm by Head-Meat »  

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #5 - Nov 21st, 2022 at 4:25am
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Nov 19th, 2022 at 10:56am:
I wouldn't be surprised if the rockstarz fucked it up and a lot of stuff was bugged as far as not adding to imbue dice.
I had the gift of having 2 active imbues at once, inquis and EK since they were both toggled on when the patch hit, and it seemed like it was stacking on both, but I was only running r3-4 epics at the time so things melt pretty fast anyways. I'll have to do some more testing after etr and see if I notice the stacking effect as I spend my ap and get more dice.

I'm thinking about the same from my own gameplay. Had a 18/2 DA-Fighter life when the patch went live. Theoretically my imbue damage should have about doubled baseline. The hits were improved by maybe 10%? However, when I proc Wrathful Weapons I actually do see my imbue damage double.

+3 die shouldn't increase it that much, so I'm guessing a lot of the coding is borked on the imbue system.

IP Logged

contessor
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Nov 21st, 2022 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Nov 21st, 2022 at 4:25am:
I'm thinking about the same from my own gameplay. Had a 18/2 DA-Fighter life when the patch went live. Theoretically my imbue damage should have about doubled baseline. The hits were improved by maybe 10%? However, when I proc Wrathful Weapons I actually do see my imbue damage double.

+3 die shouldn't increase it that much, so I'm guessing a lot of the coding is borked on the imbue system.

I assumed, before you even tested. It’s DDO Afterall and we have the circus freak show dev crew.

I wonder if the 3 emeralds from HobH raid stack with each other? And maybe they can also create some wild damage increase like what you saw. Maybe you can quadruple the damage slotting all 3 with Wrath proc. Wouldn’t surprise me.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #7 - Nov 22nd, 2022 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
contessor wrote on Nov 21st, 2022 at 6:49pm:
I assumed, before you even tested. It’s DDO Afterall and we have the circus freak show dev crew.

I wonder if the 3 emeralds from HobH raid stack with each other? And maybe they can also create some wild damage increase like what you saw. Maybe you can quadruple the damage slotting all 3 with Wrath proc. Wouldn’t surprise me.

The emeralds are allegedly a non-stacking generic bonus now. But who knows.

I wish I had the foresight to have made the build lawful or chaotic, just so I could see if those feats would add to it.

My guess it wraithful overrides any 'gain' a DA gets and the dice show up in the menu option but don't actively apply until you've got the buff running. Hence the massive damage increase.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint