Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Something useful for Fire Sorcs (Read 3035 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Something useful for Fire Sorcs
Dec 3rd, 2022 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
I was tiddling around with Legendary Sands gear for shits and giggles and made a leg. Desert's Burning Sun set. Turns out the 6% fire spell crit chance & +30 fire spellpower stack. This is with a Lion-headed Belt Buckle and Shard of Collun(so add in some insightful combustion power). I'm now sitting on 946 fire spell power, 61+ crit chance, and 105 crit multiplier. My character is also using 4 separate set bonuses(Esoteric, Elders, Desert's Burning Sun, and 4 piece Winter).

The downside to all of this is in order to keep the 4 piece winter I have to wear a Nocturne Ring, which is utterly and completely useless. Basically cost an entire equipment slot. Am also having to give up +3 Quality Cha from slavers(along with some spell power/crit for off-elements). I'm not sure if the +10% HP is worth that.

Still tiddling about. Maybe its time to finally give up the Sharn set.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Kryalm
Korthos Resident

I love Mama!

Re: Something useful for Fire Sorcs
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 2:12am
Print Post  
Artifact bonus to an individual spellpower will stack with artifact bonuses to Universal Spellpower, yes.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Motherfucker be discovering the training wheels next.

IP Logged

Ferd
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 11:38am
Print Post  
You would think after 8 fuckin thousand posts he'd figure out the basics at least ...  Huh

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 11:13pm:
I was tiddling around with Legendary Sands gear for shits and giggles and made a leg. Desert's Burning Sun set. Turns out the 6% fire spell crit chance & +30 fire spellpower stack. This is with a Lion-headed Belt Buckle and Shard of Collun(so add in some insightful combustion power). I'm now sitting on 946 fire spell power, 61+ crit chance, and 105 crit multiplier. My character is also using 4 separate set bonuses(Esoteric, Elders, Desert's Burning Sun, and 4 piece Winter).

The downside to all of this is in order to keep the 4 piece winter I have to wear a Nocturne Ring, which is utterly and completely useless. Basically cost an entire equipment slot. Am also having to give up +3 Quality Cha from slavers(along with some spell power/crit for off-elements). I'm not sure if the +10% HP is worth that.

Still tiddling about. Maybe its time to finally give up the Sharn set.

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Everling
Waterworks Kobold

Living but dead.

Reply #5 - Dec 6th, 2022 at 5:17am
Print Post  

It's definitely worth looking at gear sets other people post, that's where I learned about this a while back.

Do you have Isle of Dread? Thats got some interesting options, though it generally means going through a whole painful gear Tetris session rather than slotting a few items in.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Dec 6th, 2022 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Everling wrote on Dec 6th, 2022 at 5:17am:
It's definitely worth looking at gear sets other people post, that's where I learned about this a while back.

Do you have Isle of Dread? Thats got some interesting options, though it generally means going through a whole painful gear Tetris session rather than slotting a few items in.

Weirdly I actually enjoy the gear tetris, that's why I've been spending so much time on it. I have the minor artifact from IoD and that helped a ton. I haven't seen anything else from the isle that looked worthwhile on a fire sorc, but I didn't pay too close attention. What looks good to you?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Everling
Waterworks Kobold

Living but dead.

Reply #7 - Dec 7th, 2022 at 8:12am
Print Post  
You probably looked at all this but I like the below. To be fair my fire sorc is an alt on a second account and I have limited items already slotted with LGS/Desert sets or notable mythic/reaper boosts so its easier for me to improve than it would be for a tooled up main.

Dread Curse five piece dread set bonus.
    +15 Profane bonus to Melee and Ranged Power
    +25 Profane bonus to Universal Spellpower
    +30 Profane Bonus to PRR
    +2 Profane bonus to Spell DC's
    +2 Profane bonus to All Ability Scores
    +3 Profane bonus to hit and damage

Notable items.

The offhand Keg with fire/force spellpower/lore and Quality CHA 3, though that blocks a few things of course. I like salt.

Pendant of Earth with Insightful Fire/Force/Acid and can slot 10 Insightful crit damage. This will probably get in the way of nice items.

Admiral Gloves Illusion Focus, Wizardry, Will Saves and can slot 20 Insightful crit damage or Charisma 15

Kopru Bracers Necro/Illusion focus, profane HP, and again can take 20 crit or cha 15.

And the artifact as you say. I quite like the sea woven belt as well, as with the manaweave armor you end up with with a nice SR (most people say SR is pointless, I like seeing the bubble pop up all the time and dislike standing around being beaten on by monsters when helpless).

3 Piece Deacon of the Auricular Sacrarium (Items boost Int though Sad );
    +6% Artifact bonus to Universal Spell Critical Chance
    +25 Artifact bonus to Universal Spellpower
    +15% Legendary bonus to Spell Critical Damage
    +30 Bonus to Magical Resistance Rating Cap

As I say, not tried to make a set for Sorc yet. I will try to do that over the next couple of days. I made a set for caster bard over the weekend with 5 Salt, 5 Dread and 3 Walking Ancestor and that turned out well, but there's obviously no room for any other item or set.

With the Dino crafting, and the new augments I did find I could turn what was pretty much a filler item just to get a set, into something pretty good. Unlike in Fey with your Noct ring example.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Dec 7th, 2022 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
I wonder if I could replace my 4 piece feywild and get the 5-piece bonus from Dread? Since I already have 1 piece of dread in the minor artifact. I feel like there aren't enough caster-specific items to fill the available slots, though. Ah well, I'll work on it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint