Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic How would you rank the newest gear sets? (Read 2551 times)
liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

How would you rank the newest gear sets?
Jun 6th, 2024 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Obviously the dino are the best and seem to have a flexibility we haven't seen in damn near a decade.  I could be wrong, but at first impression it seems just stupid grindy.  Like when Slavers first rolled out level of grind in updating or creating custom sets.  I wouldn't mind creating a set, but I don't know if I can stomach that level of grind for ings again.

My situation is I have a melee that's been sitting at cap since they revamped epics.  I'm probably not going to do much with him, but he has at least 20+ epic lives and 20+ heroic lives, so it would be a good toon to sit at cap to use to jump into the occasional raid.  His gear is horribly outdated though, so I'm considering making a dino set for him.

Which brings us to the other recent expansions.  I have a farmer, MU toon that always sits at cap that I use for quick farming of gear.  That toon is equipped with RL gear, and I'd like to update that to make grinding out the dino ings less painful.

Skipping Sharn (because that seemed pretty grindy too), which of the newer packs; Saltmarsh, Fey or Chronoscope have better sets than RL?  Or are any of them good enough with a lower level of grind to equip a capped melee?

When I play at all these days, it's much more casual.  I don't have the time to run quest after quest for hours on end to get that perfect gear set.  I'm basically just looking for that right level of "good enough and quick to get a full set" gear.  Any insight is appreciated.  Thanks.

IP Logged

Oracler
Titan Demolisher

Sploits! omnomnom..

Re: How would you rank the newest gear sets?
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2024 at 5:48am
Print Post  
Just wait 1-3 months for Myth Drannor expansion.

It will raise lvl cap to 34, so will have a better gear that naturally should outstand other gear at lvl 32.

Next lvl cap raise (to 36-ish) will be in 2 years minimum, as the planning loop is:
1. big expansion (lvl cap raise)
2. wait 6-12 months
3. small expansion
4. wait 6-12 months
5. go to step 1

Knowing from streams that lvl 40 is a long shot milestone - that is a plan for next 8-10 years

Here's a drama, There's a drama, and another little drama
Fuzzy drama, Funny drama, drama drama duck

drama drama, cheesecake drama, tablet, brick, potato, drama
drama drama mushroom drama, drama drama duck

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2024 at 6:09am
Print Post  
Multibox and farm IoD with 5 alts. Two saga runs, a couple of re-reruns of some specific quests if some gear still needed plus a couple of wilderness runs, and you'll have most that you need. Should takes less than an evening...

Then raid a bit to get your weapon(s)...

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2024 at 6:33am
Print Post  
Oracler wrote on Jun 7th, 2024 at 5:48am:
Just wait 1-3 months for Myth Drannor expansion.

It will raise lvl cap to 34, so will have a better gear that naturally should outstand other gear at lvl 32.

Next lvl cap raise (to 36-ish) will be in 2 years minimum, as the planning loop is:
1. big expansion (lvl cap raise)
2. wait 6-12 months
3. small expansion
4. wait 6-12 months
5. go to step 1

Knowing from streams that lvl 40 is a long shot milestone - that is a plan for next 8-10 years

I doubt Myth Drannor sets gonna make any waves, insightful +6 stats and enhancement +15 at best plus 1 extra artifact effect per gear set. So if current sets give 4 it will 5 for artifact, but profane sets like Dreade Curse and Forbidden knowledge will remain the same with minor buffs.

IP Logged

liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jun 7th, 2024 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
TheFifthSock wrote on Jun 7th, 2024 at 6:09am:
Multibox and farm IoD with 5 alts.

So your solution is to buy the expansion on 5 more alts?

You just made the suspected Turbine sock list  Huh

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Shroud Slacker

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2024 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
liljiggy wrote on Jun 7th, 2024 at 12:44pm:

Grin Grin Grin

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Jun 7th, 2024 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Nevermind they just gave everyone a free xpac and IoD was an option....

With how uninspired the gear has been, I guess myth drannor will be objectively better, but I can't imagine it will be interesting.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Reply #7 - Jun 7th, 2024 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
liljiggy wrote on Jun 7th, 2024 at 12:44pm:

They just gave it away for free... duh...  Tongue

IP Logged

liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jun 7th, 2024 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
TheFifthSock wrote on Jun 7th, 2024 at 4:42pm:
They just gave it away for free... duh...

IDNKT.  Still in effect?  I'd already bought it on my main and hadn't logged in on any account in months, so that ship might have already sailed for me  Undecided

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #9 - Jun 8th, 2024 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 7th, 2024 at 6:33am:
I doubt Myth Drannor sets gonna make any waves, insightful +6 stats and enhancement +15 at best plus 1 extra artifact effect per gear set. So if current sets give 4 it will 5 for artifact, but profane sets like Dreade Curse and Forbidden knowledge will remain the same with minor buffs.

^
This.

The best I expect are a few must have shinies for a min-max build and the new BIS weapons.

Also, if we go by the usual 4 levels gap for augments, the next tier is supposed to be at 36 so, less new crafting shit to farm (IN THEORY).
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2024 at 6:26pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Reply #10 - Jun 9th, 2024 at 7:58am
Print Post  
liljiggy wrote on Jun 7th, 2024 at 5:26pm:
IDNKT.  Still in effect?  I'd already bought it on my main and hadn't logged in on any account in months, so that ship might have already sailed for me  Undecided

I don't think so. It was supposed to end sometime at the end of May, and then was extended to June 4th. It was last month's reward from The year of the dragon, to pick any expansion for free.

IP Logged

liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jun 9th, 2024 at 10:00am
Print Post  
TheFifthSock wrote on Jun 9th, 2024 at 7:58am:
at the end of May, and then was extended to June 4th

Lol.  That's about my luck.  That would be the day or the day before I logged back in.  Honestly, I'd rather be playing anything else, but I'm strapped for time.  I'm literally playing DDO because it's easy to walk away from and I don't want to pick up anything that's actually engaging that might distract me from doing what I need to get done.

Would be nice if someone would answer the actual question though; are the Fey, Saltmarsh or Chronoscope gear sets better than the RL sets where they're worth quickly grinding out for a farmer caster.

IP Logged

ThatLit
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jun 17th, 2024 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
If those are the packs you are working with, you likely want to pair Chrono (for the profane bonus) with any of the others (for the artifact bonus). Easiest to farm is Saltmarsh, which is a generalist set, but has some cool perks. Fey can be strong, but 7 pieces is quite a bit to tetris. RL can be viable.

In your shoes, I would probably try to mix Chrono, Salt, and RL for my 13 slots. Or mix and match those with some of the MA/LoB/KT raid items.
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2024 at 1:38pm by ThatLit »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint