Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic U69 Items - The Dumb of Myth Drannor (Read 3083 times)
Artorias
Shroud Slacker

U69 Items - The Dumb of Myth Drannor
Jul 9th, 2024 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Wanted to make an impartial post but I remembered that's why I post the link and the release notes. We have some stuff to cover so let's roll

https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/update-69-preview-2-items.12671/#post-1...

The red are my thoughts about it

Quote:
Loot in this update is Minimum Level 13 in Heroic, and Minimum Level 33 in Legendary.

Let's take a look at what can be found in chests:

Weapons from the Weapon Suite
Like previous expansion packs, most chests (including optionals) have a chance to drop weapons from the Weapon Suite - In this case, the Fallen Age weapons.

Chance at Weapons from the Rare Weapon Suite
In rare cases, when the Weapon Suite table is rolled, you will receive a weapon from the Golden Age suite instead.

So far so good

Generation 3 Filigree
On Legendary difficulties, end reward chests may drop Generation 3 Filigree. This is the same table and the same odds as Gen3 Filigree used in Saltmarsh. (These aren't on the regular Dojo Loot Guy in this Preview, as they are not new.)

I liked third gen filigrees and expected as much, carry on

The Named Loot Table
The named loot table for each dungeon's end chest includes:
Named Items
Unique to each dungeon, as usual.
Sun and/or Moon Augments
These are also unique to each dungeon; see below for details on these new kinds of Augments!

Chance at that chest's Rare Loot Table
In rare cases, instead of pulling something else from the Named Loot Table, you will receive something from that dungeon's Rare Loot Table instead. This table includes a mix of exclusive Named Items and Sun/Moon Augments that are unique to that chest. In Legendary, Minor Artifacts may also drop from this list in certain dungeons.

-------------

Sun and Moon Augments / Set Bonuses:
In Update 69, there are no traditional Set Bonuses. Instead, items in this pack (both Heroic and Legendary) have Sun and Moon Augment Slots!

One Sun Augment Slot appears on Armor, Helm, Cloak, Goggle, and Trinket slot items.

One Moon Augment Slot appears on Glove, Bracer, Belt, Necklace, and Boot slot items.

Sun and Moon Augment Slots do not appear on Ring, Rune Arm, Quiver, Ammunition, or Weapon/Shield slot items, and we intend to keep it that way in future updates.

Sun and Moon Augments work exactly like Chromatic (Red, Blue, Colorless, etc) Augments. They are slotted the same way, removed with Jeweler's Toolkits, and can be replaced by slotting a new Sun or Moon Augment in an existing one's place. Sun Augment Slots only accept Sun Augments, and Moon Augment Slots only accept Moon Augments. The Sun and Moon Augments in this pack are currently intended to be unbound, though this may change before release. Sun and Moon Augment Slots can (and do!) appear on items in addition to the expected number/type of Chromatic Augment Slots (so an item may have Yellow, Green and Sun slots simultaneously).

So let me get this straight right away, now I have to farm the item AND the augment that will be mandatory to make it worth anything?

Sun Augments replace Primary sets in this pack, meaning their Effect Bonus Type is usually Artifact.
Moon Augments replace Secondary sets in this pack, meaning their Effect Bonus Type is usually Profane.

This means their effects do not stack with similar Set Bonuses from previous packs, though if you had a combination of loot with an old Set and Myth Drannor Loot with Sun/Moon Augments that provided bonuses to different stats, they would work together. Most Artifact and Profane bonuses from recent sets have a corresponding Sun or Moon Augment somewhere in Myth Drannor. There may be some not represented here yet, and others that people may want to see - We'd like to continue using this system in the future if possible, and that will be a good opportunity to add more Augments to the system.

Sun/Moon Augments that drop in Legendary Dungeons in Myth Drannor are ML30. Most Sun/Moon Augments that drop in Heroic Dungeons in Myth Drannor are ML1, though some have higher minimum levels. This isn't especially relevant in Myth Drannor, as the only items with slots will be ML13 and ML33, but it may be relevant if this system is used beyond this pack.

I believe you, I'm sure you will revisit old content and/or introduce new quests for level range you have ignored...pardon, missed

The Myth Drannor suite of Sun and Moon Augments are in the test dojo this preview, and relevant items from this pack have their intended slots, so please go try it out!

-----------
Known Issues This Preview:

Flavor Text reads "TBD" on every item. I'm working on that right now!
    Some items seem to have older packs' Set Bonuses lingering on them. This is unintended, and will be removed.
    Cloak of the Forest's Arrow has Doublestrike effects on it. It is intended to have Doubleshot effects instead.
    Some Robes, Outfits, and many of the armors involving skirts are not showing their correct base layer yet (or sometimes none at all).
    Some armors are appearing as white when they will have unique colors on release (matching their swords).
    The three Echo swords do not have their unique art yet.
    None of the Goggles have correct art yet, we are getting some new goggle art in.
    The Solar Gem of Enduring (Sun Augment) should be Legendary typed, not Artifact.
    Not an issue, per se, but I'd like to acknowledge that we know there are no Orbs in the loot as of this preview. Open to suggestions on those.

I want a pitbull with aids to bite the fucker that considered this a good idea. They were actually doing something good with letting us easily chose the set we wanted using only 1 ingredient in Vecna unleashed and now this. Now we'll need to farm fucking augments and items...Idiots, absolute idiots. I'm sticking with vecna gear

Will add pics as the become available. Not going to waste time on Lamannia

EDIT

And here's the link for the loot complete with images, credit goes to Zavina from mobo

https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/u69-p2-myth-drannor-loot.12706/#post-14...
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2024 at 8:36pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Shroud Slacker

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Re: U69 Items - The Dumb of Myth Drannor
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2024 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
The items are just awful.

SSG really seems to be missing that dedicated loot dev.

Steelstar doesn't have time to be creative with loot and it really shows.

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

Notanarc
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2024 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Jul 9th, 2024 at 5:26pm:

Its not the lack of time that prevents him from being creative.  Its the lack of talent.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2024 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Edited opening with link for loot, have fun.
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2024 at 9:04pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Jul 9th, 2024 at 11:07pm
Print Post  

The dedicated loot dev was shit.

This garbage is no better or worse. Just a different kind of terrible.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2024 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jul 9th, 2024 at 4:30pm:
I want a pitbull with aids to bite the fucker that considered this a good idea. They were actually doing something good with letting us easily chose the set we wanted using only 1 ingredient in Vecna unleashed and now this. Now we'll need to farm fucking augments and items...Idiots, absolute idiots. I'm sticking with vecna gear

I'm genuinely on the fence. I like the concept of doing away with the set bonus system and letting us pick the artifact/profane we want. I agree that having to double farm for the augments is trash though.

I'm curious why the augments are ML 30 for the epic/legendary version of the system and the actual gear is 33. I get the heroic set version being ML1 as that gives them far more flexibility for future heroic gear. Less so in epics. We could use the augs getting dropped to ML20 and hopefully getting some fucking 23-25 gear with the slots to help with that level range.

Overall, the system could be a lot more flexible to me compared to previous instances of flat set bonuses. But I'm reserving judgment til we see the undoubtedly abysmal drop rates and raid gear. Because like Nomieo said the gear is kind of blegh. The only paradigm of 3/4 slots being useful looks more like a 1/2 to 1/4th depending on your build.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2024 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jul 11th, 2024 at 2:23pm:
[quote]I'm curious why the augments are ML 30 for the epic/legendary version of the system and the actual gear is 33. I get the heroic set version being ML1 as that gives them far more flexibility for future heroic gear. Less so in epics. We could use the augs getting dropped to ML20 and hopefully getting some fucking 23-25 gear with the slots to help with that level range.

Because of this part

"Sun/Moon Augments that drop in Legendary Dungeons in Myth Drannor are ML30. Most Sun/Moon Augments that drop in Heroic Dungeons in Myth Drannor are ML1, though some have higher minimum levels. This isn't especially relevant in Myth Drannor, as the only items with slots will be ML13 and ML33, but it may be relevant if this system is used beyond this pack."

« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2024 at 8:17pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #7 - Jul 12th, 2024 at 3:41am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jul 11th, 2024 at 8:04pm:
Because of this part

"Sun/Moon Augments that drop in Legendary Dungeons in Myth Drannor are ML30. Most Sun/Moon Augments that drop in Heroic Dungeons in Myth Drannor are ML1, though some have higher minimum levels. This isn't especially relevant in Myth Drannor, as the only items with slots will be ML13 and ML33, but it may be relevant if this system is used beyond this pack."

Yeah, I read it. My problem is the system could be useful, but they handicapped it at the knees for 'epics' by immediately locking it behind level 30. And let's be real, they aren't going to retroactively grandfather any sort of named 30 gear into this system and likely won't be adding sub-33 gear in subsequent packs.

It's great for heroics and hampsters on the treadmill, kind of blegh for anyone past the heroic grind.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #8 - Jul 12th, 2024 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jul 12th, 2024 at 3:41am:
Yeah, I read it. My problem is the system could be useful, but they handicapped it at the knees for 'epics' by immediately locking it behind level 30. And let's be real, they aren't going to retroactively grandfather any sort of named 30 gear into this system and likely won't be adding sub-33 gear in subsequent packs.

It's great for heroics and hampsters on the treadmill, kind of blegh for anyone past the heroic grind.

You answered yourself mate. We both pointed out (me in red text and you with a post) SSG is not going to expand on this crafting system and sure as hell will not revisit old content to update loot.

Honestly I just pop epic saltmarsh set at 20 and al the way to 29 just because there is NOTHING in the middle worth using. It pisses me off when I play some classes and am forced to stick with lv 20 weapons because the asshats could not even be bothered to make epic shroud altars available on ship.

Only the end of the road gets built, the middle does not exists. It's the reason I don't and won't care about itemization until it makes a significant step ahead to bother with it, ain't gonna clutter my bank for a nothing burger

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #9 - Aug 29th, 2024 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jul 12th, 2024 at 11:16am:
You answered yourself mate. We both pointed out (me in red text and you with a post) SSG is not going to expand on this crafting system and sure as hell will not revisit old content to update loot.

Honestly I just pop epic saltmarsh set at 20 and al the way to 29 just because there is NOTHING in the middle worth using. It pisses me off when I play some classes and am forced to stick with lv 20 weapons because the asshats could not even be bothered to make epic shroud altars available on ship.

Only the end of the road gets built, the middle does not exists. It's the reason I don't and won't care about itemization until it makes a significant step ahead to bother with it, ain't gonna clutter my bank for a nothing burger

That's fair. I haven't actually bothered with gear post Sharn. Dino weapons are fine, but the actual IoD gear wasn't chase worthy to me. Same for Vecna, raid stuff is neat and while the set bonuses are flexible, I didn't feel like farming that gear out.

Looking at Myth Drannor, I'm more or less feeling the same. If I want to slot specific artifact bonuses, sure. But I'm not going to go out of my way farming augments or gear. At least the content itself hasn't been an absolute slog like Vecna felt like to me.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #10 - Aug 31st, 2024 at 11:25am
Print Post  

8 years ago now they switched to "loot templates." The last pack to not use these templates was Legendary Shroud. I threw a kniptic fit on the PC about the loot templates. It led to me getting tossed off. I knew then that we'd not get new effects ever again. The templates were designed so that new effects would not be added. It's not about Steelstar's creativity, or the time they have: they choose to use a system that dis-enables them from being creative. We did see some interesting and creative stuff with the set bonuses on the sentient weapons; however, most of the interesting effects were just recycling stuff we had from epic destinies.

Blightcaster druid was like the first time in forever we saw new animations for spells and abilities. In order for DDO to be successful it would have needed---in the past 10 years---to release new loot that had new animations and interesting interactions every year or so, to keep the game fresh. They can hire an animator. We did get real animation work in Isle of Dread. The devs didn't recognized that loot was more important than quests. People ignore their shitty new quests because: the quests aren't rewarding.

Meanwhile the devs are caught in a contradiction: no one wants to run the new quests unless they give a power upgrade, but the power upgrade makes the quests too easy. And now we're going to get level 40. This is a meaningless treadmill though. 

Horizontal design requires orthogonal design of loot. Rock paper shotgun.

We needed more shotguns.
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2024 at 8:08pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #11 - Aug 31st, 2024 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 31st, 2024 at 11:25am:
orthogonal

What does this word mean, especially in this sentence?  I looked up the definition but I am having trouble understanding.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #12 - Sep 2nd, 2024 at 12:30am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 31st, 2024 at 11:25am:
...We needed more shotguns.

In complete agreement. But we don't need shotguns. We need more interesting/unique rider type stuff and some genuinely unique loot pieces.

Obvious layup for them right now would be a new Sun Blade. They might do it for the raid.

Despite the 'lag' argument, things like Lantern Ring are fun chase items.

We could use more Divine Vengeance/class interaction type itemization. I think the problem is that itemization and Enhancement tree design rarely match with player usage. The devs might make an orb that's on paper best in slot for a Palemaster, but effect wise it'd be more valuable for an Abysslock or a Dark Apostate just because they adhere too much to the spreadsheet/enhancement trees rather than considering actual gameplay mechanics or playstyles.

Hell, I was hoping that the new runearm could be used by druids in epics/legendary. No clue if it can, it's made of wood, but last I checked in the several times I've brought it up and Lynabel made a runearm material druid-appropriate they still break oath. An unique runearm that didn't break oath/uncentered you would be an interesting conceptual piece of loot to play around with. But we don't get that sort of thing anymore.
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2024 at 12:30am by Edrein »  

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #13 - Sep 2nd, 2024 at 7:49am
Print Post  
I believe we cannot agree on a "single" issue unless we are talking about the human SSG variable.

This will probably be the first expansion I will NOT buy even with points. The stat progression is minimal, the farming effort is more than doubled (1 item and 2 slots to fill, each counting as a named and some of them are considered rares), all the bonus effects are already present in previous expansions.

Unless the raid weapons will oneshot the unicorns in a R10 dryad and demigod, I'm not going to fork 4K or more points in 6 months.

Bought the first 2 expansions in collector edition and I'm not falling for SSG predatory tactics ever again (a few more in standard and a couple with points).

I'd rather wait for races and classes to go on sale and double points since I really don't like SSG business model nor their "creativity" as they are just ants standing on the shoulders of the original devs. DDO is turning into WoW...
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2024 at 7:51am by Artorias »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Sep 2nd, 2024 at 11:10am
Print Post  
For me, it was the continued shittastic design practices. I am so fucking done with slogging through a wilderness every time I want to do a ques. It is nothing but a blatant and very retarded time sink and I am just done with it. Not going to buy the xpac. Not going to ever play it.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #15 - Sep 8th, 2024 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Sep 2nd, 2024 at 7:49am:
DDO is turning into WoW...

If only.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.